Youth Cup 3rd Round v Ayr United

Footballfirst

Link to this round's fixtures and results with some ties being played this weekend to complete the last 16

Rangers F.C. v Partick Thistle F.C. Scottish FA Youth Cup
3rd Round
20 Nov 2017 -
Alloa Athletic F.C. v Celtic F.C. Scottish FA Youth Cup
3rd Round
05 Nov 2017 -
Greenock Morton F.C. v Turriff United F.C. Scottish FA Youth Cup
3rd Round
05 Nov 2017 -
Queen of the South F.C. v Stranraer F.C. Scottish FA Youth Cup
3rd Round
03 Nov 2017

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_cup_fixtures.cfm?page=3165

1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

He is a natural left back but from what I've been told he isn't up to much and only starts regularly due to who his dad is. Not sure how true that is though.

He has shown some potential. Maybe he will just end up being a filler (one of the players to make up the team). 

In the end you do not get ahead in football without ability. A few examples exist of nepotism where the head coach is the father. 

Anyway the next year will be crucial. I'd give him a chance at least.  Go see him if you can. 

Winston Ingram
1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

He is a natural left back but from what I've been told he isn't up to much and only starts regularly due to who his dad is. Not sure how true that is though.

Who is his dad? 

59 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

Who is his dad? 

Can't remember but I assume he must be one on the coaching staff or involved in the club in some way

Just now, Frank1874 said:

Can't remember but I assume he must be one on the coaching staff or involved in the club in some way

So you post something you heard, which is derogatory about the laddie, that you don’t is true, but you just thought you’d put it out there anyway..? And, you don’t even know who his dad is..? 

i find it disgusting that such comments are made about one of our young players.  a scotland under 16,17 international player who rangers were desperate to sign last summer before he committed full time to hearts in 2016 (robbi gave him his debut in first team against dunferminle weeks later).

he is certainly not in the 20s because his father is associated with stenhousemuuir where he sits as director. personally i would like to see arran given a chance in the first team to see how he handles the step-up, physically it would be no challenge. 

frank1874 can i ask you refrain from making such scandalous accusations. 

Footballfirst

Youth Cup last 16 draw

Hamilton Academical v Aberdeen

Stranraer v Motherwell

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Hibernian

Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian

St. Johnstone v Rangers or Partick Thistle*

Celtic v Raith Rovers

Stirling Albion v Ross County

Greenock Morton v St. Mirren

These ties are scheduled to be played on or before Sunday 26 November.

Archived