Youth Cup 3rd Round v Ayr United

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Hearts home Youth Cup tie against  Ayr appears to have been confirmed for Sunday afternoon, indoors at the Oriam with a 3:30pm k.o.

From the referees appointments:

Youth Cup R3 Sun 29-Oct-17 Heart of Midlothian v Ayr United Oriam Indoor Astro 3.30pm Daniel Graves Darren Cormack Sean Redgrave

I can't make it on Sunday, but I hope they don't go too much towards the younger ones, or they will risk getting beat.

Will be interesting to see the crowd today, how many will actually turn to to see our youngsters and also support them? Almost every thread on here is hijacked by "youth this and that" and it's a "Levein project", etc, etc. Sometimes I wonder how many have actually been to see our younger players 14-17 years old ?  Anyhow good luck to the young team today. 

Coburg Hearts

Sounds like a nice bot of football from young McDonald for 2nd goal.

42. Beautiful turn from Anthony McDonald in the box left his marker bamboozled, bringing him down. Keena sent keeper wrong way. #weejambos

Surprised that Kelby Mason is still kicking about. Seen him a couple of times and he has looked awful. 

Is he improving FF?

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Who's the leeroy fella? Must be a youngin or has he just went through the cracks and I've not noticed him? 

He's an under 17. Others will confirm but I think he is 15

Think I saw Leeroy play as part of Hearts U12 during the half time kickabout at Tunis. He looked outstanding then - but was really small. 

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, bungalow said:

Think I saw Leeroy play as part of Hearts U12 during the half time kickabout at Tunis. He looked outstanding then - but was really small. 

dont think it would be him as he was at Tranent U13s before coming to us (unless he left Hearts and came back.)

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

89. Almost a sixth but Currie tries to round the keeper and is prevented by strong work from Reid in the Ayr goals #weejambos

And a good sense of history

Some good mentions for McDonald. Sounds very promising, future looking bright.

First I’ve really heard of Keena. Is he a striker? What’s the view of the boys that go along to these games?

Sounds like Brandon is excelling at RM in the youth/development team.  God only knows why we insist on hanging him out to dry at RB in the first team.

Question to FF, Mikey and all the other chaps that watch our young lads.

So Aaron Reid, LB, natural leftie? Is he at the level where he could compete at SPFL level? 

Surely can't be worse than Grzelak. 

11 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Some good mentions for McDonald. Sounds very promising, future looking bright.

First I’ve really heard of Keena. Is he a striker? What’s the view of the boys that go along to these games?

McDonald at age 16 looks a very good prospect but thats all he is at the moment.Attacking midfielder he was a standout today.Keena is an 18 year old Irish striker signed from ST Pats in the summer.Robust skilful Moves like a genuine striker and predatory It will be interesting to see how he developes.

Hearts were on top for most of the game apart for a period after Utd scored when they might have got another goal.Overall Hearts were too strong for their opponents who are a division below.

11 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

McDonald at age 16 looks a very good prospect but thats all he is at the moment.Attacking midfielder he was a standout today.Keena is an 18 year old Irish striker signed from ST Pats in the summer.Robust skilful Moves like a genuine striker and predatory It will be interesting to see how he developes.

Hearts were on top for most of the game apart for a period after Utd scored when they might have got another goal.Overall Hearts were too strong for their opponents who are a division below.

Cheers mate, I do recall us signing the Irish lad now. 

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Hearts coaches really rate McDonald. Really rate him.

I saw that Ewan Murray recently tweeted that he thinks McDonald could be the best player we have ever produced.  I thought that was a pretty bold statement to make but either way, here's hoping!  He must have something about him to be on the bench in an SPL match at only 16.

pattythejambo
23 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I saw that Ewan Murray recently tweeted that he thinks McDonald could be the best player we have ever produced.  I thought that was a pretty bold statement to make but either way, here's hoping!  He must have something about him to be on the bench in an SPL match at only 16.

Guys , not again I have watched with interest when all on here were desperate for young Harry Cocharane / Ewan Henderson to start games only for them to have a couple of indifferent moments then you get John51 and others on slaughtering the kids let them develop, give them time and try not to judge so soon I have seen this group over the last couple of years and they have a very strong core of 4 or 5 players we could have a Scottish backbone in our team in a couple of years as long as they get time and as a fan base we don't scare them away with some of the negative comments made about them.

its as if some on here are building them up just so they can knock them down.

i am not digging anyone out just want the kids to be given time.

Well said Patty. We have to be patient with young players, it's hard at the moment as we are throwing them into the 1st team just now due to injuries etc. and maybe some fans are expecting instant miracles. The team played some good football today and deserved the win against Ayr. You can see the academy is producing good talent, it has to be nurtured, the Club will benefit in the near future of that I'm certain. Get along and see the youngsters, you won't be disappointed.

A wee tip, if you're going to see them at the Oriam wrap up well, that place is baltic inside, it's colder inside than it is outside, and we're not even into winter conditions yet!

stirlingshirejambo
4 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Sounds like Brandon is excelling at RM in the youth/development team.  God only knows why we insist on hanging him out to dry at RB in the first team.

Or even worse hanging out to dry at left back

letsalldothebeattie

Cracking result for the youngsters yesterday. Hopefully they can have a good run in the competition this season. 

Also good to see so many good reviews for some of them looking to break through. Seen some good praise for a few on twitter yesterday. Especially Keena after his hat trick

Seymour M Hersh
23 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

We've been playing him a lb which is hanging him out to dry. He has come through the ranks as a right back/right mid so should be shining there.

Agreed that the promising young guys need to be nurtured and given time to develop. Throwing them in to the first team at the moment is a sad reflection on our recruitment of senior players. I'm really surprised CL is doing it because he must know the risks for Cochrane, Brandon, Henderson et al.

Just brilliant that the youth players have done well and still some manage to use it to have a dig at Craig Levein, hats off guys, hats off

Footballfirst

Other 3rd round results from the SFA website

Motherwell F.C. 9-0 Burntisland Shipyard AFC
Inverness Caledonian Thistle F.C. 2-0 University of Stirling FC
Edusport Academy FC 0-6 Aberdeen F.C.
Hamilton Academical F.C. 4-2 Falkirk F.C.
Ross County F.C. 2-0 Fraserburgh F.C.
St. Johnstone F.C. 2-1 Dundee United F.C.
Spartans F.C. 0-3 Kilmarnock F.C.
Inverurie Loco Works F.C. 1-3 Raith Rovers F.C.
Hibernian F.C. 2-1 East Kilbride FC
Stirling Albion F.C. 4-2 Cumbernauld Colts FC

There are still 4 ties still to be played over the next week or two.

letsalldothebeattie

When’s the draw for the next round happening? Is it after those ties to be completed or are they doing it before them? 

8 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

When’s the draw for the next round happening? Is it after those ties to be completed or are they doing it before them? 

Not sure but I'd expect it to be next week 

Rangers v Partick is Nov 20 but other games are being played this weekend

On 29/10/2017 at 19:49, pattythejambo said:

Guys , not again I have watched with interest when all on here were desperate for young Harry Cocharane / Ewan Henderson to start games only for them to have a couple of indifferent moments then you get John51 and others on slaughtering the kids let them develop, give them time and try not to judge so soon I have seen this group over the last couple of years and they have a very strong core of 4 or 5 players we could have a Scottish backbone in our team in a couple of years as long as they get time and as a fan base we don't scare them away with some of the negative comments made about them.

its as if some on here are building them up just so they can knock them down.

i am not digging anyone out just want the kids to be given time.

To be fair it was the golf correspondent from The Guardian  that tweeted it. I dont think it was meant to be taken seriously !!

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

We missed this game yesterday. Not like us.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6301

Not a bad result considering Ross County had 5 overage players playing.

Zanatta scoring again; I really think we should have given him a go instead of sending him out on loan.

good to see Beith scoring as well.

On 29/10/2017 at 19:04, Cruyff Turn said:

Question to FF, Mikey and all the other chaps that watch our young lads.

So Aaron Reid, LB, natural leftie? Is he at the level where he could compete at SPFL level? 

Surely can't be worse than Grzelak. 

He is a natural left back but from what I've been told he isn't up to much and only starts regularly due to who his dad is. Not sure how true that is though.

Archived