• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paolo

• Seymour M Hersh

• Watt-Zeefuik

• doctor jambo

John Findlay

No doubt more to come out in the wash about this. Get the feeling that a few people on both sides of this are repulsive human beings.

luckyBatistuta
14 hours ago, magicTs said:

Going to be very interesting how she responds to the news of the last 24hrs then as so far she looks like a completely delusional hypocrite.......! To say "None of us know the truth of the situation and I'm sure more will be revealed. Be gentle", given the mob mentality she has used in delivering instant guilty verdicts on men previously is hypocrisy to the max which many people (both male and female) are calling her out for!

For those not aware it has been revealed that Asia Argento, one of the leading 'faces' in the #MeToo movement paid $380,000 to hush a 17 year old male actor she slept with when she was 37. As it happened in California it was illegal. How she could involve herself to the extent she has knowing that situation was in the background is fairly incredible. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/19/us/asia-argento-assault-jimmy-bennett.html

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/asia-argento-paid-sexual-assault-accuser-report-1135872

As an aside it makes you wonder what Anthony Bourdain knew of this...........

She’s probably going to blame it on the mental damage she suffered from Weinstein ???

• 1 month later...
Seymour M Hersh
On 20/08/2018 at 22:03, Justin Z said:

Beds being made then slept in comes to mind--with no pun intended.

Or people in glass houses................!

12 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Or people in glass houses................!

To an extent, although I always felt like that figure of speech implied some lack of, or reduced culpability. Everyone is a shithead here as far as I can tell, deserving of contempt.

39 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

To an extent, although I always felt like that figure of speech implied some lack of, or reduced culpability. Everyone is a shithead here as far as I can tell, deserving of contempt.

When you say everyone. Do you mean the accused and the accusers?

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

When you say everyone. Do you mean the accused and the accusers?

No. The context of Seymour's quote was Rose McGowan urging caution and a wait-and-see attitude about Asia Argento's allegations after her strident insta-condemnation of others accused.

I'm in favour of reforming greatly our attitudes and processes regarding woman accusers, who go through hell whether their cases are high profile or low. It's awful. But people like McGowan take it too far in the other direction--but most hypocritically, only when it's not someone on "her team".

So, the everyone was referring to her, Argento (who has since admitted to what was alleged), the whole ****ing lot, if this insta-condemnatory world is what they want to live in--they can sleep in the beds they've made (my original remark, over six weeks ago).

Hypocrisy just really raises my ire like few other things.

Edited by Justin Z

5 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

No. The context of Seymour's quote was Rose McGowan urging caution and a wait-and-see attitude about Asia Argento's allegations after her strident insta-condemnation of others accused.

I'm in favour of reforming greatly our attitudes and processes regarding woman accusers, who go through hell whether their cases are high profile or low. It's awful. But people like McGowan take it too far in the other direction--but most hypocritically, only when it's not someone on "her team".

So, the everyone was referring to her, Argento (who has since admitted to what was alleged), the whole ****ing lot, if this insta-condemnatory world is what they want to live in--they can sleep in the beds they've made (my original remark, over six weeks ago).

I see.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Actually it was only Argento I was aiming the quote at.

47 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Actually it was only Argento I was aiming the quote at.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense, since she'd done the #MeToo thing. Cheers for the clarification, and in that case, I fully agree with the glass house point.

• 1 year later...
Shanks said no
14 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

weinstein has been found guilty of two of the charges he faced in this trial

Between 5-25 years for the 67 year old

5 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Wonder if he'll ditch his zimmer, now? Surely that was just a prop.

wait until he has been sentenced, also he is awaiting another trial so might still try and keep up the act

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yeah he can stop gimping around like a 95 year old now.     

Probably got acting training for that limping act.  Hopefully a long time coming in the pokey awaits for him.

12 hours ago, Victorian said:

Yeah he can stop gimping around like a 95 year old now.     

This.  After his new inmate pals get hold of him, he won’t need to put the act on anymore.  Hope he rots.  

Sawdust Caesar
20 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Wonder if he'll ditch his zimmer, now? Surely that was just a prop.

I'd say it definitely was a prop, like when Paris Hilton carried a bible into court for her trial. I doubt she, like Harvey, was fooling anyone.

11 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This.  After his new inmate pals get hold of him, he won’t need to put the act on anymore.  Hope he rots.  

I doubt he will do hard time .

Hes wealthy.

Epstein did time for sexual offences against children .

But did you see where he served it?

• 2 weeks later...
Jambo-Jimbo
18 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Sentenced to 23 years

He'll probably die in jail, especially if he is also found guilty and convicted in LA as well.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

He'll probably die in jail, especially if he is also found guilty and convicted in LA as well.

I think he'll be dead by the end of the year..

Jambo-Jimbo
30 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Slip on a bar of soap type of accident.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Slip on a bar of soap type of accident.

That or suicide.

17 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I don't think he will last that long