• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paolo

• Seymour M Hersh

• Watt-Zeefuik

• doctor jambo

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Four fresh allegations against Bill Clinton apparently.

Hardly surprising if true but for now it's just in the Daily Mail and people quoting them. I'd like to see a real newspaper get a hold of it and run it to ground.

If we're going to do this right the old creep needs to answer.

And now the powerful Democratic representative John Conyers. who's been in office since 1965. That's a hard one -- he's been staunchly anti-war, anti-discrimination, anti-poverty, and a protector of whistleblowers for decades. But he's always been a little on the slick side.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod/she-complained-that-a-powerful-congressman-harassed-her

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Hardly surprising if true but for now it's just in the Daily Mail and people quoting them. I'd like to see a real newspaper get a hold of it and run it to ground.

If we're going to do this right the old creep needs to answer.

I read it in the Telegraph but I doubt they'll waste the time investigating an ex President deeply. That's for your journalists to do but have they got the will power to do so?

5 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

And some people wanted Hilary as President.

Because some of us have the ability to see through paper-thin conspiracy theories. Particularly ones that got investigated six different times, including one by a special prosecutor so desperate to find anything that he assembled impeachment charges against a President for lying about a blow job.

8 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I read it in the Telegraph but I doubt they'll waste the time investigating an ex President deeply. That's for your journalists to do but have they got the will power to do so?

I hope so. On Twitter several journalists are saying they're receiving hundreds of fake claims that fall apart at the slightest inspection.  I could fully believe both that WJC is guilty and that some anti-Clinton folks made this up. If there's any merit to this at all I guarantee Fox News will be on it like stink on shit.

3 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Because some of us have the ability to see through paper-thin conspiracy theories. Particularly ones that got investigated six different times, including one by a special prosecutor so desperate to find anything that he assembled impeachment charges against a President for lying about a blow job.

I hope so. On Twitter several journalists are saying they're receiving hundreds of fake claims that fall apart at the slightest inspection.  I could fully believe both that WJC is guilty and that some anti-Clinton folks made this up. If there's any merit to this at all I guarantee Fox News will be on it like stink on shit.

Indeed.

Sadly fog will now hide any real claims that will be made

You now, as beautifully demonstrated above, have people apologising for stuff they don't remember doing, or may never have done- but are sorry if people misconstrued their behaviour

Aled Jones suspended by the beeb for texting someone 10 years ago that made them feel uncomfortable

Presumably "the Snowman" will be pulled from Tv this Christmas whilst the allegations are investigated

Anyone who has made an unwanted pass at anyone now fairplay it would seem- even just a text or bad chat in a bar.

aled jones........ he makes me feel uncomfortable, but its got nowt to do with dirty chat

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Indeed.

You now, as beautifully demonstrated above, have people apologising for stuff they don't remember doing, or may never have done- but are sorry if people misconstrued their behaviour

Aled Jones suspended by the beeb for texting someone 10 years ago that made them feel uncomfortable

Presumably "the Snowman" will be pulled from Tv this Christmas whilst the allegations are investigated

Anyone who has made an unwanted pass at anyone now fairplay it would seem- even just a text or bad chat in a bar.

aled jones........ he makes me feel uncomfortable, but its got nowt to do with dirty chat

Certainly, but I must say that I think so far the journalists at the "reputable" places, many of which I have fairly low opinions of, have done a very good job of sorting through what sounds like an avalanche of false tips and only really putting up the real ones. The first one on Moore was unbelievably well documented and it set of the avalanche of even more documented stuff (like the actual written report banning him from a mall for cruising for teenage girls).  The stuff on Charlie Rose certainly looks both very real and very gross.

I suppose we'll eventually fall into a sea of noise, but right now I'm very unusually pleased with the way many media whom I don't normally like are comporting themselves.

7 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Certainly, but I must say that I think so far the journalists at the "reputable" places, many of which I have fairly low opinions of, have done a very good job of sorting through what sounds like an avalanche of false tips and only really putting up the real ones. The first one on Moore was unbelievably well documented and it set of the avalanche of even more documented stuff (like the actual written report banning him from a mall for cruising for teenage girls).  The stuff on Charlie Rose certainly looks both very real and very gross.

I suppose we'll eventually fall into a sea of noise, but right now I'm very unusually pleased with the way many media whom I don't normally like are comporting themselves.

I agree some cracking work has been done and more power to their pens.

But I hope it doesn't go all "yewtree" where it descends into minor celebs breaking wind about what happened to them .

It kind of degrades some of the accusations, which are obviously very serious

3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

If it cheers you up any Aled Jones doesn't have anything to do with The Snowman.

FFS even fairy tales are being targeted now.

A mother wants Sleeping Beauty banned because the Prince kisses beauty whilst she is asleep and therefore can't give her permission to be kissed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/23/mother-calls-sleeping-beauty-banned-primary-school-promotes/

At this rate giving someone CPR could be deemed as sexual assault, especially if it's a man giving CPR to a woman, think about it, chest compressions and the kiss of life, and I'm being serious here, who would have thought that a Good Sarmatian would end up getting sued for helping someone in need, but we all know it happens, so don't be shocked when someone claims inappropriate behaviour against someone carrying out CPR, it is only a matter of time IMO.

On 11/11/2017 at 10:09, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

I'm not saying anyone has but I wonder when the first false accusation will arrise. 

I didn't see it mentioned on the thread but Jeremy Piven took a lie detector test and passed.

http://www.nme.com/news/tv/jeremy-piven-new-sexual-assault-allegation-polygraph-test-results-2162968

3 hours ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

It's almost as if she'd never heard of the book before her son brought it home. What a stupid woman 

Snow white was given GHB by the Dwarves,

that's all I'm saying

#consent#chocolatestarfish#tinyrapists

On 21/11/2017 at 14:53, doctor jambo said:

Indeed.

I agree with your point, but to be pedantic, The Snowman is usually on C4, and Aled Jones does not sing on it.   It is someone called Peter Auty. 

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

A mother wants Sleeping Beauty banned because the Prince kisses beauty whilst she is asleep and therefore can't give her permission to be kissed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/23/mother-calls-sleeping-beauty-banned-primary-school-promotes/

At this rate giving someone CPR could be deemed as sexual assault, especially if it's a man giving CPR to a woman, think about it, chest compressions and the kiss of life, and I'm being serious here, who would have thought that a Good Sarmatian would end up getting sued for helping someone in need, but we all know it happens, so don't be shocked when someone claims inappropriate behaviour against someone carrying out CPR, it is only a matter of time IMO.

Someone should tell the stupid woman that if the Prince did not kiss her, she would still be asleep. 

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I thought  April 1st is 5 months early. Deary me.

Edited by John Findlay

50 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I didn't see it mentioned on the thread but Jeremy Piven took a lie detector test and passed.

http://www.nme.com/news/tv/jeremy-piven-new-sexual-assault-allegation-polygraph-test-results-2162968

Good for him I suppose, but here's an article worth reading about just how bad polygraph machines are:

https://www.csicop.org/si/show/the_lie_detector_test_revisited_a_great_example_of_junk_science

3 hours ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

It's almost as if she'd never heard of the book before her son brought it home. What a stupid woman 

Heaven forbid if she ever takes her kids to a pantomime, seeing men dressed up as a Woman will surely freak her out.

Julia Hartley-Brewer and many others were 100% correct when they said that stupid things like this was going to trivialise and undermine the real issue of serious sexual assaults.

Placid Casual
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Sounds like a storyline from Entourage.

Turtle shows Ari how to fool a lie detector test through medicinal marihuana...

14 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Heaven forbid if she ever takes her kids to a pantomime, seeing men dressed up as a Woman will surely freak her out.

Julia Hartley-Brewer and many others were 100% correct when they said that stupid things like this was going to trivialise and undermine the real issue of serious sexual assaults.

I suspect that seeing men dressed as women will reassure her that there is appropriate representation of the transgender community

Perhaps she should be more concerned that most of these things the female stunner  always rejects the nice poor dude for the rich dude.

I'd sort of get her point if Prince Charming approached sleeping beauty, didn't wake her up but instead helped himself then left

Well this is a fun one.

The Washington Post got a woman who showed up claiming Roy Moore impregnated her when she was 15. It sure looks like she was working for Project Veritas, a thing run by James O'Keefe that tries to get compromising videos of Democratic politicians and progressive leaders that he uses to embarrass them. (Previous "stings" on ACORN and Planned Parenthood made national news.) Project Veritas gets a ton of money to run its operations but it's not at all clear where it comes from. O'Keefe and other employees of PV have spent time in jail for fraud.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/a-woman-approached-the-post-with-dramatic--and-false--tale-about-roy-moore-sje-appears-to-be-part-of-undercover-sting-operation/2017/11/27/0c2e335a-cfb6-11e7-9d3a-bcbe2af58c3a_story.html

The Post, of course, broke the original story about Moore, whose allies since have claimed the Post was making stuff up.

The fun continues -- Matt Lauer out at NBC news for sexual assault accusations and evidence presented to NBC HR.

Which also, incidentally means this.

On the news today it was stated that Lauer was paid tens of millions of dollars over his career, other than this feeling of entitlement that the succesful seem to engender, why would they impose their sexual needs on unwilling victims.  With the money they have they could hire, or just even attract numerous willing partners, but no, the feeling of power tells them they are ENTITLED to do what they want when they want it andto whom they want it with. I try not to use the word hate, but I do dislike intensely these individuals who have struck lucky with DNA that has given them a particular skill, and that they abuse the gift by imposition one way or another. The saddest part of the whole deal is that it will be headlines for a while, all will crawl into their protective shell, and allow time to erase memory and then it will start all over again.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Multiple female Democratic senators, as well as Tom Perez (Democratic National Committee chair) are now calling on Al Franken to resign. Franken's office say he'll make a statement tomorrow. I expect him to announce his resignation.

15 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Multiple female Democratic senators, as well as Tom Perez (Democratic National Committee chair) are now calling on Al Franken to resign. Franken's office say he'll make a statement tomorrow. I expect him to announce his resignation.

He'd f---ing better.

Absolutely no reason apart from his own ego and reputation to not step down. They could name Keith Ellison, which would be nice in that it would really piss off the Islamaphobes. :lol: No idea who they'll go for though.

Also, just saw Sen. Gillibrand, the other MN Senator, is calling for him to resign.

I don't think he can survive that.

1 hour ago, Ugly American said:

Also, just saw Sen. Gillibrand, the other MN Senator, is calling for him to resign.

I don't think he can survive that.

Apologies, this is wrong. Gillibrand is from NY. Amy Klobuchar is the other MN Senator, and has also asked him to resign.

I remember being so confident kissing my female school friends...girls in sixth year..

Life seems crap for a lad, now who wants to fall in love ..  Everything is under the microscope..

Stephane Grappelli
On 10 November 2017 at 11:51, AlimOzturk said:

Probably. Wouldnt surprise me. 

Haven't heard of any men being involved so did not mention them. 

:what:

The more comes out about Trent Franks, the creepier it's getting.

Kept badgering his female aids to get them to let him impregnate them for $5 million, presumably not through artificial insemination.

Stephane Grappelli
3 hours ago, hueyview said:

I remember being so confident kissing my female school friends...girls in sixth year..

Life seems crap for a lad, now who wants to fall in love ..  Everything is under the microscope..

:oohmatron:

8 hours ago, hueyview said:

Yup step forward anyone who hasn't had their hands down a 16-year-olds knickers.  Or tops for that matter.

16 minutes ago, deesidejambo said:

Yup step forward anyone who hasn't had their hands down a 16-year-olds knickers.  Or tops for that matter.

Recently, or . . . ? :unsure2:

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, hueyview said:

:oohmatron:

16 hours ago, hueyview said:

The way things are going, even wolf-whistling will be treated as a 'Hate Crime' pretty soon.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/wolf-whistling-and-sexist-remarks-could-become-a-hate-crime-in-london-a3713291.html

Some of the comments are interesting.

Genuinely worried my innocent post last night would be taken as bad.......  I know silly but most folk are walking on eggshells just now...especially lads.

Spent 1980-93 ish kissing, snogging and caressing Women at the Tron each Hogmonay...

I feel its really sad now lads and girls can't just enjoy themselves...totally spur of the moment clicking...   

23 hours ago, hueyview said:

Genuinely worried my innocent post last night would be taken as bad.......  I know silly but most folk are walking on eggshells just now...especially lads.

Spent 1980-93 ish kissing, snogging and caressing Women at the Tron each Hogmonay...

I feel its really sad now lads and girls can't just enjoy themselves...totally spur of the moment clicking...   

I agree with you to an extend, but I also think a lot of people will be reexamining their behaviour and realising that stuff they thought was innocent at the time probably had more of an effect on other people than they realised. 

I include myself self in that, so it's not a dig.

When I was 17-18 and first started going to night clubs my mates and I had no clue about talking to women. There would be times when girls bums would get touched on the dance floor and we'd blame each other. Usually they wouldn't be bothered, most saw it as banter & sometimes you'd even get a winch out of it. But a few didn't take it well.

Hogmanay up town was undoubtedly the sleaziest night of the year back then.

When you read about the number of women that have been sexually assaulted, (the number of women who say they have been raped is scarily high and the vast majority will be telling the truth), you could easily be "innocently" pinching the bum of a girl on her first night out with friends since something like that happened to them. 

It sounds a bit over over the top, but everyone had their own silent struggles that they deal with and if you involve yourself with strangers you never know what risks you are running if you overstep the mark. 

When I was younger, I'd often wear a kilt with the intention of trying to get attention.

But one night I was out after a Scotland game, in the full garb and my Mum called to say that my Grandpa had died. It was expected but still a shock. My brother was at a bar nearby, so I left the people I was with to meet him, on the way I walked past a hen night and got accosted by about 10 of them. Normally I'd have enjoyed the experience but their timing couldn't have been worse. Although I wasn't crying, I was still pretty upset, to the point that I couldn't really get the words out to say that I wasn't interested in whatever they wanted from me and it took them a while to realise something wasn't right, at which point they finally let go of me.

Women are coming out and pretty much saying that's how they feel all the time. They don't have the advantage of being 6ft 3 with broad shoulders and a beer gut for extra weight like I do, so it's 10 times worse for them because if they tell a guy to sod off or slap him, there is always a risk that they will get punched back - I have seen that happen too. 

When we we walk home alone & drunk the worst that is likely to happen is you'll get your phone and wallet nicked and a black eye. Not the case for girls.

So with that in mind I think we have an obligation to believe them and listen to what they are saying.

If we are honest, we have all probably done at least one thing in our lives that we regret. I'm glad that bum pinching when I was about 17 is pretty much the worst of it.

I'm also not proud of the fact that I joined in with homophobic chanting as recently as 10 years ago.

Back then I would have dismissed that as "just banter" too, but the documentaries on TV about teenage people killing themselves because they are gay shows that these things do have consequences.

Realistically, if two teenagers are enjoying swapping spit outside the Tron at Hogmanay, I don't think it's going to cause any problems.

Where kids do have it very tough is that if they do overstep the mark, it's much more likely to be captured. It's much more likely that they could be done for it and have real life consequences. We were lucky enough that if we made a mistake we would probably get away with it.

We can't make minor sexual assault legal for teenagers, so the only solution is to make the next generation much more aware about what is acceptable and what isn't.

Edited by BigC
For clarity

Slightly off topic but in today's climate and the pressures being put on the Police & Courts to get convictions, we'll see things like the below case happening more often.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42365521

It is utterly unbelievable that the Police had the information in their possession which proved the guy's innocence, yet for reasons known only to themselves they failed to disclose that information and only did disclose it when ordered to do so by the court.

56 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Slightly off topic but in today's climate and the pressures being put on the Police & Courts to get convictions, we'll see things like the below case happening more often.

It is utterly unbelievable that the Police had the information in their possession which proved the guy's innocence, yet for reasons known only to themselves they failed to disclose that information and only did disclose it when ordered to do so by the court.

Very close to being a serious miscarriage of justice.     Thats what happens when the pressure is on to convict "rapists".   Heads should roll.

18 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Imaging wasting two years of your life dealing with that shite. 

17 hours ago, deesidejambo said:

Very close to being a serious miscarriage of justice.     Thats what happens when the pressure is on to convict "rapists".   Heads should roll.

They certainly should be sackings.

That guy’s life has been hugely damage for two years, and could have been destroyed forever.  

2 hours ago, Stokesy said:

Imaging wasting two years of your life dealing with that shite. 

The thing is, he's far from the only man who's had to deal with this type false accusations.

I recall a case in Carlisle, where a woman who was totally besotted with this guy and literally was throwing herself at him over a several years period, anyway he made it clear to everyone including her that he wasn't interested, long story short she made up some rape allegations which the guy ended up in jail, lost his wife & kid, job, home, everything, spent about 4 years inside and was only released after she started to brag about how she'd gotten an innocent man jailed, basically she said that if she couldn't have him then nobody else would, she ended up getting jailed herself for wasting Police time.

And the worse of it is, she still has anonymity to this day whilst his name was plastered all over the media etc etc, which is totally wrong, she should have been named and shamed, just like he was.

Another two rape allegations/convictions are found to be false, that's 4 in just over a week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42441745

First one is the former aide to an MP who had been accused of raping a woman in the house of commons, evidence in court revealed that they had had consensual sex, but she later contacted the media to tell her story and was trying to control the story so she could get a sympathetic writer to her.

In the second a man wrongly convicted of rape and having spent 4 years in jail had his conviction quashed at the court of appeal, after facebook posts emerged which supported his version of events.

During the trial only edited excerpts of the messages were submitted to the court which had a misleading effect upon the jury, it was only when the full messages were discovered that the whole story came out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-42453405

That's 4 innocent young men's lives completely trashed and 4 women whose identities are protected by the law, doesn't seem fair that, does it?

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Another two rape allegations/convictions are found to be false, that's 4 in just over a week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42441745

First one is the former aide to an MP who had been accused of raping a woman in the house of commons, evidence in court revealed that they had had consensual sex, but she later contacted the media to tell her story and was trying to control the story so she could get a sympathetic writer to her.

In the second a man wrongly convicted of rape and having spent 4 years in jail had his conviction quashed at the court of appeal, after facebook posts emerged which supported his version of events.

During the trial only edited excerpts of the messages were submitted to the court which had a misleading effect upon the jury, it was only when the full messages were discovered that the whole story came out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-42453405

That's 4 innocent young men's lives completely trashed and 4 women whose identities are protected by the law, doesn't seem fair that, does it?

especially the boy who spent 4 years inside

• 7 months later...
On 27/10/2017 at 12:22, cosanostra said:

I think Rose McGowan sounds very sober and sensible when she talks. She's very credible, intelligent and articulate. I don't think she seems unhinged really at all.

Going to be very interesting how she responds to the news of the last 24hrs then as so far she looks like a completely delusional hypocrite.......! To say "None of us know the truth of the situation and I'm sure more will be revealed. Be gentle", given the mob mentality she has used in delivering instant guilty verdicts on men previously is hypocrisy to the max which many people (both male and female) are calling her out for!

For those not aware it has been revealed that Asia Argento, one of the leading 'faces' in the #MeToo movement paid $380,000 to hush a 17 year old male actor she slept with when she was 37. As it happened in California it was illegal. How she could involve herself to the extent she has knowing that situation was in the background is fairly incredible. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/19/us/asia-argento-assault-jimmy-bennett.html

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/asia-argento-paid-sexual-assault-accuser-report-1135872

As an aside it makes you wonder what Anthony Bourdain knew of this...........

Edited by magicTs