Harvey Weinstein & others - sexual assault

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, Boris said:

Managed to read it via a database at work.

Some operation Mayer had going on!

Unbelievable wasn't it. And an ex president as a pall bearer. Jesus really did weep! 

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paolo

• Seymour M Hersh

• Watt-Zeefuik

• doctor jambo

23 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hollywood is a cesspit of debauchery and depravity and has been this way since Louis B Mayer and probably before him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/10/10/monster-mgm-louis-b-mayer-terrorised-hollywoods-women-long-harvey/

Yes he was a nasty abusive piece of shit.   Apparently was particularly abusive  ( not sexual ) to a young Judy Garland saying she was ugly untalented etc. It affected her levels of self confidence and self esteem and we all know what happened to her in later life.  Many other males in Hollywood similar to him. 

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I seriously hope you’re not suggesting the way she is dressed is relevant. 

Make of it what you want old chap but I'll reiterate my previous comment that Hollywood is a cesspit of debauchery and depravity. All of it.

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Make of it what you want old chap but I'll reiterate my previous comment that Hollywood is a cesspit of debauchery and depravity. All of it.

I've been holding off commenting on your choice of photo but since you've commented I think I will. 

If you do an image search for Rose McGowan on Google this image or similar appears in about the 5th or 6th row of results, then as you scroll down you don't see it again for a long time. Almost as if your choice had an agenda. Quite what the agenda is I'm not sure...

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I've been holding off commenting on your choice of photo but since you've commented I think I will. 

If you do an image search for Rose McGowan on Google this image or similar appears in about the 5th or 6th row of results, then as you scroll down you don't see it again for a long time. Almost as if your choice had an agenda. Quite what the agenda is I'm not sure...

Whatever.

Aye...she must have deserved it dressed like that huh?

I mean, she’s clearly easy if she wears stuff like that, so was probably asking for it.

Literally, pathetic...

Edited by Deviskan

Craig Gordons Gloves
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Maybe you're right - maybe Hollywood is a cesspit of debauchery and depravity.  Maybe that's a good reason to find a picture of an actress who is alleging she has been raped and make sure the picture you find is one that shows her wearing revealing clothing.

Maybe she's also wearing that because as a result of her experiences she has trouble with self esteem or trouble with understanding who she is and feels that it's expected of her to play to the stereotype.

Lots of maybes but i'll go with my assumption that you're victim shaming and as a result are as out of order as anyone else that says "she deserved it"

Edited by Craig Gordons Gloves

6 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Maybe you're right - maybe Hollywood is a cesspit of debauchery and depravity.  Maybe that's a good reason to find a picture of an actress who is alleging she has been raped and make sure the picture you find is one that shows her wearing revealing clothing.

Maybe she's also wearing that because as a result of her experiences she has trouble with self esteem or trouble with understanding who she is and feels that it's expected of her to play to the stereotype.

Lots of maybes but i'll go with my assumption that you're victim shaming and as a result are as out of order as anyone else that says "she deserved it"

I think you're probably right, CGG. And what's more shameful than Seymour's original posting of that photo is his/her refusal to even attempt to justify it.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Hope you don’t get called up for jury duty. Ever. 

Been there, done that got the T-shirt, twice. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

You're making many assumptions there and all are wrong. HW is a cretinous slug clearly and has behaved beyond repulsively and will hopefully get what he deserves (although I have my doubts as there seems to be little or no evidence to back up the claims and Mcgowan telling the Amazon boss she is the evidence probably won't get a conviction in court). At no time have I even slightly inferred or suggested that she deserved anything by the way. I'm merely reminding people of what a midden Hollywood is and how on one hand men and women shamelessly flaunt themselves sexually for the cameras and then cry foul when it suits them. 

Oh and I think that picture pre dates any alleged rape as it was the late 90's iirc. 

Having been an eyewitness to two rapes, I can attest that no one deserves that, or in both cases the violence that accompanied the forced sexual act.  The one woman who lived in Edinburgh  will if she is alive be in her middle to late seventies, I would imagine her memory of the incident is as clear as mine. Unfair and tragic.

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

And then we have the ****ers that work with Polanski and Woody Allen

Said the exact same last night. How many of the people who are coming out now and speaking about Weinstein have been happy to make films with Polanski and Allen?

1 hour ago, Ivan Drago said:

Said the exact same last night. How many of the people who are coming out now and speaking about Weinstein have been happy to make films with Polanski and Allen?

They can’t say they knew nothing about Polanski, since he was already convicted, with what was a horrificand disgusting crime.

Ewan McGregor even done an interview where he said how much of a nice guy he was.   

Edited by Paolo

11 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm merely reminding people of what a midden Hollywood is and how on one hand men and women shamelessly flaunt themselves sexually for the cameras and then cry foul when it suits them.

I'm fairly certain that rape never suits them, and that flaunting themselves for cameras has no bearing on this.

11 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm merely reminding people of what a midden Hollywood is and how on one hand men and women shamelessly flaunt themselves sexually for the cameras and then cry foul when it suits them.

God, I must have been transferred back to the Dark Ages overnight. :)

We have to break this link between how people dress and whether they deserve to be raped or sexually molested as a result. There should be no correlation whatsoever. Seriously, your archaic views would go down well with the Taliban.

Also, "cry foul when it suits them" shows a complete lack of empathy for why someone who has been sexually attacked may psychologically not want to let everyone know about it, especially in an environment of bullying, intimidation and potential ostracisation.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, redjambo said:

God, I must have been transferred back to the Dark Ages overnight. :)

We have to break this link between how people dress and whether they deserve to be raped or sexually molested as a result. There should be no correlation whatsoever. Seriously, your archaic views would go down well with the Taliban.

Also, "cry foul when it suits them" shows a complete lack of empathy for why someone who has been sexually attacked may psychologically not want to let everyone know about it, especially in an environment of bullying, intimidation and potential ostracisation.

I have, once again, not suggested she deserved to be raped, allegedly, because of what she was wearing (who knows or cares what she was wearing when the alleged incident took place) it's the double standards and hypocrisy of Hollywood's liberal luvvies.  By saying nothing at the time of the alleged assault/rapes/harassment, for whatever reason and in the case of Jolie it was purely down to her career, their silence condemned other young women to exactly the same fate.  That's what I find a very difficult circle to square.

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I have, once again, not suggested she deserved to be raped, allegedly, because of what she was wearing (who knows or cares what she was wearing when the alleged incident took place) it's the double standards and hypocrisy of Hollywood's liberal luvvies.  By saying nothing at the time of the alleged assault/rapes/harassment, for whatever reason and in the case of Jolie it was purely down to her career, their silence condemned other young women to exactly the same fate.  That's what I find a very difficult circle to square.

I think you let yourself in for it by posting the picture but I agree with the above and I too am not blaming anyone in any way for being assaulted. . It is certainly a different world (after no-one would turn up to the company annual awards ceremony in that dress). As I said you can understand silence in the circumstances like the ones quoted where the victim faces destitution for herself and the kids, but for risking not getting a good part in a movie?

If a circle of people in a company know that a senior employee is sexually abusing junior members of staff do they make or complaint or keep shtum to protect their career or annual bonus? (I recognise at least some of the victims did complain but most did not).

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think you let yourself in for it by posting the picture but I agree with the above and I too am not blaming anyone in any way for being assaulted. . It is certainly a different world (after no-one would turn up to the company annual awards ceremony in that dress). As I said you can understand silence in the circumstances like the ones quoted where the victim faces destitution for herself and the kids, but for risking not getting a good part in a movie?

If a circle of people in a company know that a senior employee is sexually abusing junior members of staff do they make or complaint or keep shtum to protect their career or annual bonus? (I recognise at least some of the victims did complain but most did not).

Perhaps FA but it was the easy choice to highlight, imo, the rank hypocrisy of Hollywood.

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Perhaps FA but it was the easy choice to highlight, imo, the rank hypocrisy of Hollywood.

What hypocrisy does that picture highlight?

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Ivan Drago said:

What hypocrisy does that picture highlight?

Without denying that she was in no way to be blamed for being allegedly raped it maybe suggests that she might have some reason to be considered as a sex object. 

44 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Imagine the reaction to a similar montage with trump.

No need to imagine

11-donald-trump-harvey-weinstein.w710.h4

Trump-Cosby.jpg

These photo sessions don't mean anything.  If you're a national candidate, you show up at these $1000/plate fundraisers and part of the deal is that everyone gets a picture with you.

If you want to criticizes Clinton for standing next to an accused serial harasser, criticize her for standing next to Bill for years. That's legitimate.

Edited by Ugly American

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

No need to imagine

Trump-Cosby.jpg

These photo sessions don't mean anything.  If you're a national candidate, you show up at these $1000/plate fundraisers and part of the deal is that everyone gets a picture with you.

If you want to criticizes Clinton for standing next to an accused serial harasser, criticize her for standing next to Bill for years. That's legitimate.

Has to be said trump seems a little more distanced from the sex prredators

Edited by Francis Albert

20 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

No need to imagine

Trump-Cosby.jpg

You are quite correct in what you say, however, there is the small matter of this below which I am sure is all made up shite. Non the less, she has said she will give it all to charity. The Clinton foundation? 

So, how much money has Weinstein donated or raised for Clinton over the years? According to a tally of political donations maintained by the Center for Responsive Politics, Weinstein directly donated $21,400 to Clinton between 1999 and 2016. Weinstein also donated $33,590.45 to the Hillary Clinton Victory Fund, according to Federal Election Commission filings, and $15,000 to HillPAC, Clinton’s earlier political action committee, according to the Center for Responsive

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Without denying that she was in no way to be blamed for being allegedly raped it maybe suggests that she might have some reason to be considered as a sex object. 

Still not getting it. What do you mean by sex object?

Asking for it, she was.  Well done to the "lads" who claim that.  :rolleyes:

And we even have one of our resident extreme rightists trying to use Weinstein's behaviour to promote their agenda.  :facepalm:

Just another Saturday afternoon/evening in the Shed.

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Asking for it, she was.  Well done to the "lads" who claim that.  :rolleyes:

And we even have one of our resident extreme rightists trying to use Weinstein's behaviour to promote their agenda.  :facepalm:

Just another Saturday afternoon/evening in the Shed.

No "lads" have claimed that. If you want to accuse anyone of that then you should name them.

If any "extreme rightist" has used Weinstein's behaviour to promote their agenda you should name them and explain what you think  their agenda is.

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, Ivan Drago said:

Still not getting it. What do you mean by sex object?

OK at the risk of being accused of being some sort of Neanderthal someone who parades before the cameras at  a public event with her tits and arse on display.

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

OK at the risk of being accused of being some sort of Neanderthal someone who parades before the cameras at  a public event with her tits and arse on display.

So I ask again, what relevance does that that have here?

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Ivan Drago said:

4 minutes ago, Ivan Drago said:

The relevance has simply to do with the question i answered.  Absolutely nothing to do with anything to do witjh any excuse for sexually abusing anyone.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The relevance has simply to do with the question i answered.  Absolutely nothing to do with anything to do witjh any excuse for sexually abusing anyone.

So it’s really not relevant to the thread. My original question was what hypocrisy it highlighted.

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Ivan Drago said:

So it’s really not relevant to the thread. My original question was what hypocrisy it highlighted.

7 minutes ago, Ivan Drago said:

It is revelant to the post i replied to.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Please tell me you're not serious and are just having a bit of a laugh.

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Couldn't get any closer, allegedly being one like.

1 hour ago, Ugly American said:

Please tell me you're not serious and are just having a bit of a laugh.

Not content with tripping over his own shoelaces with his efforts to cheerlead for Donald Trump on the "Donald Trump" thread, FA is now trying to conquer the rest of the Shed.  :rofl:

He's neither serious nor having a bit of a laugh.

Meanwhile James Corden has decided it was wise to open the evening at a charity event in the states with Harvey Weinstein jokes. 

Fair it to say it didn't go down very well with the audience. 

Sexton Hardcastle

IF one good thing comes of these events then James Cordon being put on the scrap heap would be delightful.

utter ***** of a man.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I noticed that Corden is on the George Michael biog on Monday. **** knows how he’s wormed his way onto that. “No-mark speaks about George Michael.”

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
18 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

You've got to remember, at best, he is a self-confessed sex predator.

Stephane Grappelli
34 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

IF one good thing comes of these events then James Cordon being put on the scrap heap would be delightful.

utter ***** of a man.

:spoton:

Stevie Wonder can see  how corrupt Hollywood is with its sexual deviance  and most of us know what goes on...but  those that run the gaff are almost bullet proof sadly and have been from the off

Remember Brando suggested Hollywood was run by a Jewish Mafia oh oh

It wasnt long before he was put in his place and he then  apologised

Admire the bravery of those who have spoke out recently but imagine we even got near the truth of what has gone on there ..that would be something else and not nice at all 

Edited by jambo1961

On 10/12/2017 at 09:18, Nookie Bear said:

I didn't pick up how this actually came to light but it's interesting how many actresses (powerful ones at that) have now stepped forward to claim they were victims.

I just cannot get my head around why so many people seem unwilling or unable to speak up until it is too late, by which time more and more people suffer.

Their career. I'd imagine there has been a culture of acquiescence in Holywood for years. For actresses starting out they've probably had to put up with all sorts of stuff to get going or just go back to wherever they've come from and not pursue acting. Pretty much every accuser Weinstein has can be seen smiling next to him on the red carpet in a photograph. It tells you everything you need to know about guys like him in positions of power.