• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paolo

• Seymour M Hersh

• Watt-Zeefuik

• doctor jambo

They obviously never got the parts he promised them. Only the parts he didnt:laugh:.

More will definitely follow now.

I didn't pick up how this actually came to light but it's interesting how many actresses (powerful ones at that) have now stepped forward to claim they were victims.

I just cannot get my head around why so many people seem unwilling or unable to speak up until it is too late, by which time more and more people suffer.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

It appears to have been well known, at least according to 30 rock and Seth MacFarlane. Would be amazed Meryl streep didn't know when she made the god joke, considering the NY times were about to publish the allegations in 2004 (due to Matt Damon's and Russell crowe's interference)

Ben affleck also filmed sexually abusing MTV's TRL host.

Hats off to all the women coming forward now, brave thing to do.

Really difficult to come forward against someone so powerful and influential who could ruin your career and reputation.

It would be good if  from now on people  acknowledge that pressuring people or coercing sex = rape

ToadKiller Dog

When Trump who has had the same charges and similar recorded claims of abuse and boasts of his abuse can become president. 

You can understand why some will not come forward. 

2 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

When Trump who has had the same charges and similar recorded claims of abuse and boasts of his abuse can become president. 

Absolutely correct, Trump was not outed, he proudly confessed that in show business it was alright to kiss and grab body parts, he  was however criticised by Mrs Clinton, who it transpires was a close but unknowing friend of  Harvey Weinstein.  All part of the entitlement syndrome of the rich and famous.

Not just abuse of women but JKB hero James van der Beek and Terry Crews have said they’ve experienced similar things by male Hollywood big shots. And the rumours about Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey, amongst others, have been doing the rounds for years. 

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I didn't pick up how this actually came to light but it's interesting how many actresses (powerful ones at that) have now stepped forward to claim they were victims.

I just cannot get my head around why so many people seem unwilling or unable to speak up until it is too late, by which time more and more people suffer.

This is what I don't get too. I even read about one woman that had a bad experience with Weinstein and, as a result, decided to give up on her ambition to be an actress and go into design instead. But still she didn't say anything until now.

The Directors couch has been part of the Hollywood system for as long as I have been old enough to understand what it was. Many of the old time actresses acknolwedged that they had used it to advance their career.  When you consider the money that can be accrued as a succesful movie actor there  may be understandable motivation for an individual male or female to succumb to the advances of a predator who can offer substantial  financial and fame reward for doing willingly with them something they do or have done with others. They do not report the incidents with which they are unhappy as that may further impede their progress. Hollywood is not alone in this situation, it is present in industry, and any environment where opportunists can take advantage of the ambition of others..

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
52 minutes ago, redjambo said:

This is what I don't get too. I even read about one woman that had a bad experience with Weinstein and, as a result, decided to give up on her ambition to be an actress and go into design instead. But still she didn't say anything until now.

Judging by what terry Crews says, it will be them against Hollywood and their career will be over. 

I suppose it's like the power Jimmy Savile had. 

Craig Gordons Gloves
9 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I would assume for the same reasons that not all rapes go reported and also many allegations of abuse are never made until years after.  People a) don't want the victimisation that can come with making an allegation like this - particularly against someone with power and b ) they may also feel like they're the only one.  I would hate to be the victim of sexual assualt or harrassment but i guess until you have been, it's hard to understand the reticence to come forward.

Francis Albert

I can understand women (and men) accepting the century-old casting couch route to stardom and wealth. But if, as the many multi-millionaire victims coming forward did,  they continued ,after having made it and having enough to live in luxury for life, to keep mum and so expose future victims, aren't they accessories after the fact as they used to say?

Edited by Francis Albert

Space Mackerel

I wonder if he “grabbed them by the pussy” or is that acceptable now in Trump world politics and you get an easy ride to the Whitehouse? 

8 hours ago, Zico said:

Not just abuse of women but JKB hero James van der Beek and Terry Crews have said they’ve experienced similar things by male Hollywood big shots. And the rumours about Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey, amongst others, have been doing the rounds for years. 

tenor.gif

For this to be stopped now it's going to take some of the high profile actresses who did get their big break to admit that they did get abused. Instead of getting there story out as soon as the shit hits the fan, to deflect the due diligence back onto young actresses trying to make it through now. Hollywood has always been a cesspit, going back to Shirley Temple allegedly being abused and Judy Garland being pumped full of uppers and downers. The flip side to this is, how many male actors have had the same treatment.?

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I can understand women (and men) accepting the century-old casting couch route to stardom and wealth. But if, as the many multi-millionaire victims coming forward did,  they continued ,after having made it and having enough to live in luxury for life, to keep mum and so expose future victims, aren't they accessories after the fact as they used to say?

I honestly can't understand people who feel the need to discuss what the victims should or shouldn't have done in these situations.

It is the same shitey mentality that can be grouped with the "what was she wearing" and "why was she so drunk" category of victim shaming.

If someone is raped but doesn't come forward, then the rapist does it again, is the original victim an accessory to rape? That seems to be your logic.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
7 hours ago, Judge Fudge said:

The flip side to this is, how many male actors have had the same treatment.?

As mentioned terry crews and jason van der been. I'm pretty sure James dean went through the "casting couch" process, too.

Hollywood has been like this for decades. Run by a super powerful few, who believe they can do what they want. All have one thing in common which of course, is never mentioned. Let's just say that a certain, Islam hater is conspicuous by his absence from this thread 

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I honestly can't understand people who feel the need to discuss what the victims should or shouldn't have done in these situations.

It is the same shitey mentality that can be grouped with the "what was she wearing" and "why was she so drunk" category of victim shaming.

If someone is raped but doesn't come forward, then the rapist does it again, is the original victim an accessory to rape? That seems to be your logic.

It was only by discussing why victims did not report rape that the UK's system allowing victims to remain anonymous in court proceedings was established. I think discussing why these crimes are under-reported is a key to tackling the crimes.

Fascinating but disturbing  topic.There are plenty books on the subject but I recommend a book called LA Despair by John Gilmore if it's still available, also Easy Riders Raging Bulls.

All roads lead to Gorgie
21 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Trump opens his mouth and lets his belly rumble, so whether he is guilty of anything remotely like Weinstein that is open to conjecture. However, with the public outrage now over the allegations gripping Hollywood  it would seem an opportune moment for the US to reconsider the standards it sets for presidential candidates in the future.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

It was only by discussing why victims did not report rape that the UK's system allowing victims to remain anonymous in court proceedings was established. I think discussing why these crimes are under-reported is a key to tackling the crimes.

That is fair enough but your original comment was in relation to the victims not coming forward and whether that makes them accessories after the fact. That is in the realms of victim blaming.

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Barack said:

What’s the Judy Garland thing? Around about the time of Wizard Of Oz, when she was younger? Or later life?

It’d make Somewhere Over The Rainbow a bit more prophetic than was meant to be.

As Zico’s touched on,  I’m waiting on the first high profile male star to come out about their own experiences of abuse, at the hands(no pun intended) of various Hollywood Moguls. Think the Weinstein Case may be the crack in the dam, that finally bursts it open.

A real life Spotlight film for Hollywood.

Read the article in the Telegraph I supplied the link for. 

US actress Rose McGowan makes rape allegation

The scandal deluging Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein has deepened after US actress Rose McGowan publicly accused him of raping her.

In a series of tweets, McGowan also accused Amazon Studio chief Roy Price of having ignored her when she made the allegation earlier.

Amazon has put Price - himself accused on Thursday of sexually harassing a female producer - on leave of absence.

Weinstein denies any sexual assaults. There was no comment from Price.

Hmm...not sure, could breach copyright I'm afraid.

Line in the Mirror article that caught my eye though was Garland being molested by munchkins.

So wrong, a bizarre image...

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Hmm...not sure, could breach copyright I'm afraid.

Line in the Mirror article that caught my eye though was Garland being molested by munchkins.

So wrong, a bizarre image...

Just had a look at the rules and that was my take as well. Booo it's a hell of an article. Also refers to Micky Rooney and James Stewart. It's by Alice Vincent should you ever happen across it.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh
10 minutes ago, AWM said:

US actress Rose McGowan makes rape allegation

The scandal deluging Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein has deepened after US actress Rose McGowan publicly accused him of raping her.

In a series of tweets, McGowan also accused Amazon Studio chief Roy Price of having ignored her when she made the allegation earlier.

Amazon has put Price - himself accused on Thursday of sexually harassing a female producer - on leave of absence.

Weinstein denies any sexual assaults. There was no comment from Price.

This Rose McGowan?

47013178.cms.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Just had a look at the rules and that was my take as well. Booo it's a hell of an article. Also refers to Micky Rooney and James Stewart. It's by Alice Vincent should you ever happen across it.

Managed to read it via a database at work.

Some operation Mayer had going on!

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That is fair enough but your original comment was in relation to the victims not coming forward and whether that makes them accessories after the fact. That is in the realms of victim blaming.

I know yours is the proper PC line. Accessory is perhaps too strong but I stick to my point. Teenage girls or boys groomed and plied with alcohol and drugs - blameless. A woman desperately in need of a job to feed her children - blameless. A wife being abused who faces herself and children being thrown into the street - blameless. 

Rich and themselves powerful women who know (Hollywood is a small town and rich with gossip) that someone is a serious and serial abuser over years and decades, in many cases knowing that others have suffered more than they have, who do nothing and say nothing? I am not so clear. No luvvie awards ceremony  is complete without some praise for the strong and independent women in the industry, Many of these women are role models not just through their acting career but through advertising and product endorsement which earns them another fortune.

I think it is actually an insult to women to suggest they were just helpless victims ... though I am not of course suggesting they were not primarily victims,

Edited by Francis Albert

Samuel Camazzola

Isn't there a lot of videos on the Internet kind of similar to this subject? Involves a casting couch, director etc... 

So, I've been told... 

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I know yours is the proper PC line. Accessory is perhaps too strong but I stick to my point. Teenage girls or boys groomed and plied with alcohol and drugs - blameless. A woman desperately in need of a job to feed her children - blameless. A wife being abused who faces herself and children being thrown into the street - blameless. 

Rich and themselves powerful women who know (Hollywood is a small town and rich with gossip) that someone is a serious and serial abuser over years and decades, in many cases knowing that others have suffered more than they have, who do nothing and say nothing? I am not so clear. No luvvie awards ceremony  is complete without some praise for the strong and independent women in the industry, Many of these women are role models not just through their acting career but through advertising and product endorsement which earns them another fortune.

I think it is actually an insult to women to suggest they were just helpless victims ... though I am not of course suggesting they were not primarily victims,

****ing hell.

Regal Kingston

Big Harvey thinks that a few weeks in rehab is going to fix decades of alleged abuse.

Don't think so.

If half of what is being said is true he deserves 5-10 years in jail.

Possibly more.

And to think he has the cheek to sue a newspaper for $50m!

After giving his victims under £100k out of court.

A horrible human being.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic? said:

****ing hell.

Insightful stuff. I see Jane Fonda wishes she had been braver and spoken out when she first heard of the Weinstein accusations.

****ing hell.

30 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Evil prick. Seems open and shut to me. Even playing devil's advocate on this one is a bit shitty tbh. 

Indeed

Consent needs to be given freely and without coercion for it to stand scrutiny.

I do wonder how many women actually gave in to him- it must be hundreds.

And on a similar note

I find the lionising of Hugh Heffner odd

Rich old fecker uses career advancement promises and the lure of money fame and fortune to bed ambitious young women.......its not a million miles away from many of the HW accusations (bearing in mind that HW has not been convicted of rape as yet)