?169M

Armageddon

So, it's happened before and worth talking over again!

If you've not bought a ticket then get on it, and fire ?10M+ to the Hearts!

Travel the world taking in all the biggest and best sporting events. 

I'd play golf at every course in the worlds top 1000.

I'd ask all my friends what their dream job or business was and I'd make it happen - or they could do whatever they wanted.

All mortgages paid off.

I'd lie in the sun for 6 months solid.

Employ a chef and personal trainer.

I'd do stuff in Edinburgh that would make a difference in deprived areas, educate and employ people - paid community service - get folk taking pride in their towns and areas.

Anyway ... I hope I've reminded one person on here to buy a ticket!!!

Almost certainly not going to happen. There is always that chance though.

Ann, if I win it, the stand is paid for.

Psychedelicropcircle

If I win I'd never post on here again.....rich arse holes don't mingle with arse holes.

If I win I'd never post on here again.....rich arse holes don't mingle with arse holes.

I would. Even if it is just to say GIRFUY.

Psychedelicropcircle

I would. Even if it is just to say GIRFUY.

Shocking behaviour, anyway there's only two ways off Kickback the lottery or the grim reaper and I don't play the lottery so buckle up ar**holes.

Rudolf's Mate

If anyone?s considering doing it online you?d better get it on sooner rather than later. Last 2 Euro draws the website and app were ****ed an hour before.

I'd buy a house for my sister. Some to Hearts, some to old schools, buy myself a nice house, give a lot to scientific research. Never worry about money again.

But I'd still work and I wouldn't accumulate a lot of things. Work is still more fun than fun. That is to say, building something is more fun than dissipation.

Psychedelicropcircle

But I'd still work Work is still more fun than fun.]

WIERDO

So, it's happened before and worth talking over again!

If you've not bought a ticket then get on it, and fire ?10M+ to the Hearts!

Travel the world taking in all the biggest and best sporting events.

I'd play golf at every course in the worlds top 1000.

I'd ask all my friends what their dream job or business was and I'd make it happen - or they could do whatever they wanted.

All mortgages paid off.

I'd lie in the sun for 6 months solid.

Employ a chef and personal trainer.

I'd do stuff in Edinburgh that would make a difference in deprived areas, educate and employ people - paid community service - get folk taking pride in their towns and areas.

Anyway ... I hope I've reminded one person on here to buy a ticket!!!

Can I ask why you would pay your mortgage off? It's a working man's goal and reduces outgoings, therefore reducing stress about paying bills. To a rich man it's the cheapest debt you'll ever have and all paying it off does is reduce your liquid assets. With ?169m you're hardly going to be stressed about your mortgage.

Can I ask why you would pay your mortgage off? It's a working man's goal and reduces outgoings, therefore reducing stress about paying bills. To a rich man it's the cheapest debt you'll ever have and all paying it off does is reduce your liquid assets. With ?169m you're hardly going to be stressed about your mortgage.

I?d actually buy a shed load of property and rent it all out. There?s a woman down south who owns over 200 properties and prices them to make ?50 profit off each per month, everything paid for by the tenants and ?10k plus profit. Nice wee earner.

Unknown user

Because he's been a working man all his days so it's a life goal I'd assume.

I'd see if I could get a seat on the rocket that SpaceX are planning to send to orbit the moon.

Unknown user

I?d actually buy a shed load of property and rent it all out. There?s a woman down south who owns over 200 properties and prices them to make ?50 profit off each per month, everything paid for by the tenants and ?10k plus profit. Nice wee earner.

I found out recently that my landlord owns a LOT of property in alkmaar, one of his maintenence guys was telling me his rental income is around 700 million a year.

Probably got a mortgage bill of 699 million a year right enough.

Albert Tatlock

I was at the cigarette and lottery kiosk today and the woman behind the counter was saying every second customer was buying a ticket for tonight. Said she had never seen anything like it.

I was buying milk and a lettuce.

Would be Happy as Larry with ?10k

Never do the lottery but chucked in ?2 at work today.

When I win I'm naming the stand after myself and allocating ?2 million a year towards academy/transfer/wage budget to be spent as Ann/CL see fit... with a right to veto if a Connor Salmon type scenario comes up :rofl:

Away from Hearts, I'd pay off my house, mates houses etc etc and buy property all over the world.

Some buy to let, some as holiday/2nd homes.

Would travel the world for 6 months after I spent a month or so in Vegas leaving tomorrow.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

Got my ticket today, If I win Im gonna give 1m to charity and then get a big cube telly thing in the middle of the of the pitch like basketball courts have then enjoy the rest.

luckyBatistuta

I just had a discussion with my mate before the last draw as we were going in it together. He said the same as you, that he was going to buy loads of flats in Edinburgh. I don't get it, you've got ?169m, why the hell would you want the hassle. You've now got more money than you can ever spend, as long as your not ridiculously stupid, so why bother? For what reason do you want the flats, other than to make money which you don't really need.

I just had a discussion with my mate before the last draw as we were going in it together. He said the same as you, that he was going to buy loads of flats in Edinburgh. I don't get it, you've got ?169m, why the hell would you want the hassle. You've now got more money than you can ever spend, as long as your not ridiculously stupid, so why bother? For what reason do you want the flats, other than to make money which you don't really need.

I don't think I could be hooped with it either. Something has to be done with it in way of leaving a legacy and putting down good grounding for future generations though.

Psychedelicropcircle

I?d probably use the money to buy every property in Tranent then bulldoze the place.

I?d probably use the money to buy every property in Tranent then bulldoze the place.

so what would you do with the other ?168.9M?

Hoping Jane Park wins it in the hope she ends up with 169 times the misery of her last win...

luckyBatistuta

Buy hibs then run them into the ground.

I like your thinking, what about a bonfire spectacular. Everybody get your marshmallows out.

yabadabadoo1874again

I was at the cigarette and lottery kiosk today and the woman behind the counter was saying every second customer was buying a ticket for tonight. Said she had never seen anything like it.

I was buying milk and a lettuce.

Would be Happy as Larry with ?10k

Milk and a lettuce. You could buy 10 crates of lettuce...with that kind of cash...

When I was younger I made a vow to myself that I'd be a millionaire by the time I was 60 and I'm well over half way there. I'm 42.

luckyBatistuta

Disgusting amount of money for one person to win. Would much rather 80 people won ?2m

Got to agree, how many of those 80 winners could potentially end up opening business's and employing staff, therefore helping the economy, rather than someone just jetting off and blowing it all elsewhere in the world.

I never play the bloody thing.

Went into Scotmid and the nice looking girl asks me if I have my ticket.

I succumbed to her charm (ok, I fancied the thought of removing her knickers) and promptly bought a ticket and handed her a ?1.

It's ?2.50 a ticket auld man, she laughs.

Needless to say, won **** all.

Harry Potter

I'd also get a boob job

:terrific:  :terrific: I would take a world cruise just to consider my huge life change. millions for my whole family.

Dagger Is Back

Disgusting amount of money for one person to win. Would much rather 80 people won ?2m

Yeah me too. Was thinking about this the other day and how much money would be a life changer for me? ?50k would see my mortgage and car loan off and life would be much more comfortable.

I think these multi million pound jackpots are crazy. The pot should be shared so that a higher number of people can win.

I'm sure they'd see sales increase if people thought they'd have a better chance of winning

Yeah me too. Was thinking about this the other day and how much money would be a life changer for me? ?50k would see my mortgage and car loan off and life would be much more comfortable.

I think these multi million pound jackpots are crazy. The pot should be shared so that a higher number of people can win.

I'm sure they'd see sales increase if people thought they'd have a better chance of winning

I think the reality appears to be quite the opposite. It's the big prizes that garner the most sales.

Disagree, I'd have a right good go of spending it all.

Reckon anything over half a million would do it, as that would be enough to pay off the mortgage (for most people!), quit your job and invest the remainder to live off.

The Internet

If I'm going to win the lottery I'd want it to be enough to live a life of utter luxury, not for paltry sums like ?2million.

I will drive the bulldozer for free mate!

Psychedelicropcircle

I will drive the bulldozer for free mate!

One more problem solved, was thinking of using the rubble to construct a man made mountain centred on civic square. Gonna stick a shed on top & fire warning shots at anyone trespassing on my land. I've not been thinking about it much likes.

I think the reality appears to be quite the opposite. It's the big prizes that garner the most sales.

The opposite is true. The bigger the jackpot, the bigger the sales. Even people in my work who say a mallard jackpot would be better only take part when the jackpot is huge.

I say, let be as big as it is. If someone thinks it is too much, they should keep what they think is enough, and give away the rest.

Dagger Is Back

Having done a bit of googling you appear to be correct.

Archived