'No wonder Craig Levein hates you' Michael Stewart :)

queensferryjambo

Stewart was an utterly useless fud at the club - and pretty much everywhere else he went. His estimation of his his own greatness never translated on to the pitch or in any other measurable off-field way. I'm sure his "outspoken pundit opinions" are now having the same effect on every panel he lines up on - they just think he's a twat.

Where has Stewart ever made public or private comments for that matter on his " estimation of his own greatness"?  Do you know the guy? Have you ever spoken to him? How would you know what every other panel member thinks about him? Have you spoken to all of them? Very much doubt it.

I think that you are just giving a personal account of what you think about him purely based on heresay and some comments he makes as a TV Pundit. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soon after Laszlo was appointed, Stewart did an interview with the Record in which he claimed that all his previous managers except Alex Ferguson and Tony Mowbray (!) had been "shite".

It's funny that Stewart never seems to consider the possibility that it was actually himself rather than all these different managers that might have been the issue.  

I think you will find that the majority of the team were not feeling well but they all turned up apart from one.

If they'd stayed in bed we might have won the cup!  :toff:  (no, not being serious, but it is just a counter-argument to consider)

queensferryjambo

Where has Stewart ever made public or private comments for that matter on his " estimation of his own greatness"?  

For an insight into Michael Stewart there is a terrific 2 hour interview with him. He does actually refer to himself at one point as one of the big players at Hearts LOL 

100% worth a listen. 

Stewart is going to lose his credibility over Levein. Already has in my eyes

Agree with this. After the comments he has made about Levein he cannot bear the thought of him succeeding.

For an insight into Michael Stewart there is a terrific 2 hour interview with him. He does actually refer to himself at one point as one of the big players at Hearts LOL

100% worth a listen.

That is a good listen. What I'd say though is he was great that year with Aguiar, Driver, Karipidis, Berra, Neilson and Wallace.

The team the following year was certainly worse than what Csaba had to begin with. I'd imagine trying to get a through ball from from David Obua would be harder than from Aguiar :lol:

Stewart was a really decent player for us in his second spell. When maybe his arrogance was a bit more under control. In his first spell he looked like he thought he knew better than the manager and just had to turn up. So he clashed big time with Craig. He has been a decent pundit. But if he can't let the obvious bitterness towards Craig go then he will alianate the 50% of Hearts fans who rated him.

Fly the Saltire

Mike Stewart still one of the better TV pundits and had pretty good playing career without winning trophies. Same could be said for Levein's managerial career.

Mackay was keen to become agent for many young Hearts players which may have led to fall out with Levein who some say couldn't handle the pressure in May 86.

I like Stewart as a pundit, and let's face it there have been far worse things said about Levein on here by supposed Hearts fans over the last few months.

I think that would have been his first competitive game yes. I remember being at that game, we also had a striker called Ramon Pereira (remember him?).

The divine mullet

One example of Michael Stewart sums him up perfectly.

Before he ended up with us he was sent on loan to Nottingham Forest. Paul Hart was putting on a coaching session that Stewart didn't find befitting to his obvious footballing abilities and continually moaned/disrupted the session. He was subsequently given a right hander by Hart and punted back to Man Utd.

The bloke is a legend in his own lunch hour and a complete blow hard.

Good point and I agree. He needs to be careful that he doesnt push it too much as people will just ignore him.

I also think that Sportscene are trying too hard to make it the "Thommo & Mikey Show", which is a little cringeworthy.

That is a good listen. What I'd say though is he was great that year with Aguiar, Driver, Karipidis, Berra, Neilson and Wallace.

The team the following year was certainly worse than what Csaba had to begin with. I'd imagine trying to get a through ball from from David Obua would be harder than from Aguiar :lol:

First time I've listened to that.

It just confirms what I always thought about Stewart.

A total trouble maker wherever he went.

So high an opinion of himself apparently nothing that went wrong was ever his fault. Slagging people off just because they have a different way of doing things.

Early in the broadcast he has a sly pop at Zal later on it becomes clear what's behind it when JJ decided to keep Zal as captain instead of giving the armband back to Stewart who'd been out for weeks.

Slagging off people who have done more for our club than he ever done.

His inability to keep to instructions and lack of respect for his managers shows that his political career if he had pursued it would have been a very short one indeed.

He needs to attend anger management sessions imo.

Jean Louis Valois

Stewart is just trying to make a name for himself as a pundit by stirring up controversy,.the same tactic that Sutton and prior to that Burley used to good effect, but its entirely self serving drivel last Sundays sportscene mock argument with Thompson was cringeworthy, has little original insight in his commentary won't last long

Is Craig Burley even a pundit anymore, he seems to have disappeared

This is where I am. He has criticised Hearts before, but I felt it was justified, and he also stood up for us before, but if he is going to be blinded by his issue with Levein then he will be taken about as seriously as Andy Walker.

How has Stewart manufactured himself into this all knowing pundit. He was at best an average footballer who had a bad attitude to training and seemed to alienate himself at many of the clubs he found himself.

He embarrassed himself numerous times on the park, fighting with his on fans in Dundee, falling on his ass at Hamilton. The career petered out in Turkey.

He then tried to be an MSP, failed was rejected by the party.

Now we have to put up with his condescending drivel week on week. He is a bitter wee man with an unbelievable arrogance that his is the only opinion that matters...his sense of self importance could only see him fit in as the leader of North Korea rather than scottish media. He is a total joke of a pundit

levein wasnt feeling well on the last day in 1986. said he couldn't play and didn't want to travel either. mackay kinda understood that he wasn't feeling well enough to play, but thought he should of been there showing support to his team mates trying to win the league

That's it in a nutshell.

One example of Michael Stewart sums him up perfectly.

Before he ended up with us he was sent on loan to Nottingham Forest. Paul Hart was putting on a coaching session that Stewart didn't find befitting to his obvious footballing abilities and continually moaned/disrupted the session. He was subsequently given a right hander by Hart and punted back to Man Utd.

The bloke is a legend in his own lunch hour and a complete blow hard.

That's not exactly the story I heard, my source is a Forrest player.

It was a player that he got involved in with. The players a Forrest were not keen on his attitude and because he was a loan player Hart decided that Stewart would be sent back to Man Utd.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Credit to Gary Mackay though.

I thought initially he was going to jump on the same bandwagon, but his article today displays common sense, just how hard it has been for us this season and what is realistic for this next short period.

Dundee and Ross County wont be easy but they are different in style to the games we have played to date. Probably more open games.

Interesting that Stewart seemed quite happy with Aberdeen using attrition where required, despite admitting they have a good squad, but yet Hearts were set up all wrong, so wrong that almost an identical set up comfortably out played Aberdeen, the team with the good squad.

Quite contradictory there Michael. Stop making a dick of yourself son. :2thumbsup:

How has Stewart manufactured himself into this all knowing pundit. He was at best an average footballer who had a bad attitude to training and seemed to alienate himself at many of the clubs he found himself.

He embarrassed himself numerous times on the park, fighting with his on fans in Dundee, falling on his ass at Hamilton. The career petered out in Turkey.

He then tried to be an MSP, failed was rejected by the party.

Now we have to put up with his condescending drivel week on week. He is a bitter wee man with an unbelievable arrogance that his is the only opinion that matters...his sense of self importance could only see him fit in as the leader of North Korea rather than scottish media. He is a total joke of a pundit

I'm glad you came along to fill in the bits I missed.

Anyway that's me done with Sportscene "AGAIN"

Works in the states for ESPN I think

When I was in the States I saw him on the ESPN football "chat" show and he was even more of a pudding than he was as a commentator.

Caught in front of the cameras, trying to be "smart" he just looked the bumbling idiot he is.

I'm glad you came along to fill in the bits I missed.

Anyway that's me done with Sportscene "AGAIN"

You know what's the actual point in your sarky reply. Actually quite pathetic. People like yourself slate people or try to put them down when they post. Honestly agree,disagree I don't really care but your response adds nothing.

If you told me I was slavering rubbish I wouldn't mind..Honestly pal

You know what's the actual point in your sarky reply. Actually quite pathetic. People like yourself slate people or try to put them down when they post. Honestly agree,disagree I don't really care but your response adds nothing.

If you told me I was slavering rubbish I wouldn't mind..Honestly pal

I think you have misunderstood my post.

I was agreeing with you as you summed up Mr Stewart much better than I had in my previous post.

Sorry for the crossed wires.

Agree with that+a good few vociferous posters on this forum.

Credit to Gary Mackay though.

I thought initially he was going to jump on the same bandwagon, but his article today displays common sense, just how hard it has been for us this season and what is realistic for this next short period.

Dundee and Ross County wont be easy but they are different in style to the games we have played to date. Probably more open games.

Interesting that Stewart seemed quite happy with Aberdeen using attrition where required, despite admitting they have a good squad, but yet Hearts were set up all wrong, so wrong that almost an identical set up comfortably out played Aberdeen, the team with the good squad.

Quite contradictory there Michael. Stop making a dick of yourself son. :2thumbsup:

Hmmm... I dunno how much credit he deserves for anything regarding his old team mate Levein.

Gary MacKay has peddled the 'Levein shat it' rumour for decades. Somehow convincing people along the way that he is qualified to assess the extent of someone's illness. Gary MacKay M.D.

I used to like Gary as a player, but even that started to slip later on in his career, especially with things like doing doing monkey impressions in front of Kevin Harper in a Derby in the mid-nineties.

Iv'e not really got a great deal of respect for Gary MacKay to be honest. I do for Levein though.

Sad fact is that Stewart has let personal animosity get in the way of being impartial in his comments about Hearts. It's sad really, because prior to all of this nonsense he was shaping up to be a really interesting pundit. When it comes to Hearts now though it's pretty obvious that his views are driven by a malicious delight at slating the way Craig Levein is doing things. Pretty pathetic.

Sad fact is that Stewart has let personal animosity get in the way of being impartial in his comments about Hearts. It's sad really, because prior to all of this nonsense he was shaping up to be a really interesting pundit. When it comes to Hearts now though it's pretty obvious that his views are driven by a malicious delight at slating the way Craig Levein is doing things. Pretty pathetic.

Yep.

And nobody cares, apart from Michael Stewart and Hearts fans who have to listen to it.

Joey Barton was doing this at the weekend as well - slagging off Mark Hughes for his tactics against Chelsea, and relating it back to how they didn't get on blah blah

Barton and Stewart are two guys who are NEVER to blame, and will always pick a fight instead of looking in the mirror.

Somebody posted that Michael Stewart had played 200 games for Hearts. Surely that can't be true as I'm actually toiling to remember all that much of him. I admit to my memory not bring all that great nowadays. There's certainly nothing that really sticks out.

Somebody posted that Michael Stewart had played 200 games for Hearts. Surely that can't be true as I'm actually toiling to remember all that much of him. I admit to my memory not bring all that great nowadays. There's certainly nothing that really sticks out.

Just over 100, according to wiki

What really matters of course is that he played 8 games for Man Utd.

Anyone know the script with Gary Mackay and Levein as there's no love lost between the two of them so I believe.

That's what I've heard too. Something to do with Dens '86 when CL never played due to a "virus".

That's what I've heard too. Something to do with Dens '86 when CL never played due to a "virus".

There is more to it than that, which has been covered on this thread.

There is more to it than that, which has been covered on this thread.

It's basically that. He says as much in his book. He reckons Levein should have got out his sick bed and travelled to Dens. Ken, because Gary MacKay has a clue about medicine and viruses.

MacDonald Jardine

I'll say it again - Stewart is one of the worst, most nondescript players we've ever had

Not the worst, nondescript certainly.

Especially for a guy who thought he was above everyone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

It's basically that. He says as much in his book. He reckons Levein should have got out his sick bed and travelled to Dens. Ken, because Gary MacKay has a clue about medicine and viruses.

His book is written with hindsight though.

I suspect he uses that as a justification.

His book is written with hindsight though.

I suspect he uses that as a justification.

Justifying what?

There is no way 'Bucks Fizz' boy played over 200 games for us.

The fact he doesn't like Levein.

That's even worse, if he's using that as an excuse to besmirch Levein's name, and suggest he's a shiter, all because he doesn't like him. Wonder what he really doesn't like him for?

That's even worse, if he's using that as an excuse to besmirch Levein's name, and suggest he's a shiter, all because he doesn't like him. Wonder what he really doesn't like him for?

Could quite simply be who looked better in the day.

Could quite simply be who looked better in the day.

Hope not. That would make him EVEN worse in my opinion of him. At least if it's down to his base ignorance of medical matters, then he's not just being a colossal dickhead.

MacDonald Jardine

I don't know, and I've read his book so am aware of what he said.

I do wonder how much has to do with his activities as an agent though.

I don't know, and I've read his book so am aware of what he said.

I do wonder how much has to do with his activities as an agent though.

Again that's even worse though.

Archived