The reason why we're cr@p

Musemic

12 words...

Gordon ,Neilson ,McAllister ,Pressley ,Webster ,Skacel ,Hartley ,MacFarlane ,Mikoliunas ,Bednar (Elliot ,69 ) ,Jankauskas

Less than 3years ago that was the line-up for our first league game of 2005-6season.. Add in Brellier, who didn't play in that game, and you can see how much talent we had at that time. Only 3 players remain at the club and they are probably the 3 most derided players currently at Tynecastle. Factor in the man who is the new national coach and we had a quite heady mix of talent for those few brief weeks. That is a team that would be up at the top of the table with the Old Firm right now but was never given the chance to see how good they could be. Just imagine how good that team would be with Laryea in it.

why don't you guys buy hearts world and just watch that season.

support the hearts man....its frikkin depressin hearing aw this ****e bout how murder we are, we aw know we played mince last night, we don't need other people to tell us

yeah, that`s right Jamie Mcallister...he was awesome, and with Neil Mcfarlane too!!!!

we coulda been contenders i tells ya!!!

12 words...

Gordon ,Neilson ,McAllister ,Pressley ,Webster ,Skacel ,Hartley ,MacFarlane ,Mikoliunas ,Bednar (Elliot ,69 ) ,Jankauskas

Less than 3years ago that was the line-up for our first league game of 2005-6season.. Add in Brellier, who didn't play in that game, and you can see how much talent we had at that time. Only 3 players remain at the club and they are probably the 3 most derided players currently at Tynecastle. Factor in the man who is the new national coach and we had a quite heady mix of talent for those few brief weeks. That is a team that would be up at the top of the table with the Old Firm right now but was never given the chance to see how good they could be. Just imagine how good that team would be with Laryea in it.

its in the past ffs lets just move on, sick of hearing how good we were back then nothing gonna bring it back lets look to the future.

yeah, that`s right Jamie Mcallister...he was awesome, and with Neil Mcfarlane too!!!!

the day we let these 2 out of the door was the last straw for me !:mad::mad::mad:

Vlad_Knows_Best
Takis as well.

He was not at Hearts at that time. Arrived 12 Aug 2005

His first game was 14 Aug 2005

Actually mate, we were.

Jamie Mcallister has started 20 odd games for Bristol city who are third in the championship and look like they will play in the Premiership next year. They just knocked Fulham out of the cup (although he wasn't playing). He and Lee Johnson have both been regulars for them this season. Not saying this makes them great players but it might be useful to have them around at the moment. Just goes to show the quality we had a few years ago.

Hopefully when we get the stand built Vlad might bankroll a team like that again. We'll be starting without the likes of Gordon, Webster, Elvis and Hartley this time however.

J.T.F.Robertson
Jamie Mcallister has started 20 odd games for Bristol city who are third in the championship and look like they will play in the Premiership next year. They just knocked Fulham out of the cup (although he wasn't playing). He and Lee Johnson have both been regulars for them this season. Not saying this makes them great players but it might be useful to have them around at the moment. Just goes to show the quality we had a few years ago.

Hopefully when we get the stand built Vlad might bankroll a team like that again. We'll be starting without the likes of Gordon, Webster, Elvis and Hartley this time however.

Was it not Bristol Rovers, eliminated Fulham?

Aye! Better hope there's no Gasheads reading that, or he could be in big trouble... :biggrin:

Sydney from Sydney

If Vlad is honest with himself, he too would wonder what could have been accomplished with that squad and with a decent coach in charge. The curse of the Romanov's and all that.

He can show he's up for it by giving the job to Souness or Davies, if they'll take it.

brellierlegend

Jamie McAllister is totally gash!

Bristol City were put out by the Boro. Rovers put Fulham out.

There is one simple reason why we are poor and it is because Romanov was insistent on a stupid managerial set up that was doomed from the start and because of that structure being allowed to continue for as long as it did some many issues were allowed to fester such as discipline, player attitudes towards games and training and total apathy.

Now Frail may not be the answer however he is already going some way towards improving the situation and regardless of Tuesday's result things are still improving and will continue too IMO.

Hopefully we can sign a few players before next Thursday night which hopefully will make a difference to our team and season.

We_are_the_Hearts
Vladimir Romanov is the reason we're crap.

He is also the reason we have a small bit of hope of challenging the OF. That's the weird thing.............would folk rather go back to wanting to be a distant 3rd or would they rather have the small hope that we could really go places and finally challenge? Just now it does seem a long way off:527:

Drylaw Hearts
He is also the reason we have a small bit of hope of challenging the OF. That's the weird thing.............would folk rather go back to wanting to be a distant 3rd or would they rather have the small hope that we could really go places and finally challenge? Just now it does seem a long way off:527:

The small bit of hope of challenging the OF disappeared a long, long time ago.

VR has put us back 4 or 5 years.

We_are_the_Hearts
The small bit of hope of challenging the OF disappeared a long, long time ago.

VR has put us back 4 or 5 years.

Fair enough, can't blame anyone for thinking that. Lots of people still have that small hope though even though it looks a lost cause just now. Remember it only took 2 months to create the Burley situation:(

There is absolutely no way we would have won the scottish cup without romanov. Thats about all he has given us but its much more than HIbs will achieve in my lifetime.

Fair play we are gash now tho........

Drylaw Hearts
Fair enough, can't blame anyone for thinking that. Lots of people still have that small hope though even though it looks a lost cause just now. Remember it only took 2 months to create the Burley situation:(

But we had something for Burley to build on.

Gordon, Nelison, Pressley, Webster and Hartley.

We_are_the_Hearts
But we had something for Burley to build on.

Gordon, Nelison, Pressley, Webster and Hartley.

I will give you Gordon, Pressley and Hartley but the other 2 were just average players who raised their game at the time.

I agree that it looks a lost cause just now but there is still that wee bit of hope. Probably blind optimism:)

Drylaw Hearts
I will give you Gordon, Pressley and Hartley but the other 2 were just average players who raised their game at the time.

I agree that it looks a lost cause just now but there is still that wee bit of hope. Probably blind optimism:)

Neilson was average but he was still part of one of the best defences in the SPL.

Webster was agreat CH imo.

But he has Elvis to thank for that.

Dunk-Section G

I still remember that game at Kilmarnock. Was a great day, beautiful weather and a team that looked like it could play and win games.

12 words...

Neilson? McAllister? MacFarlane? Miko? :wacko:

I still remember that game at Kilmarnock. Was a great day, beautiful weather and a team that looked like it could play and win games.

What a massive crowd we took that day. Rudi was spectacular, but it was Roman Bednar who impressed me most.

Best movement of a striker since Adam I thought. Massive potential.

But clearly we are better off with Beniusis than him.

would folk rather go back to wanting to be a distant 3rd

Nah i'd much rather be fighting relegation. Its more exciting! :rolleyes:

Dunk-Section G
What a massive crowd we took that day. Rudi was spectacular, but it was Roman Bednar who impressed me most.

And after the game, news came through that Celtic had drawn, so it was unlucky there was a car stuck in the crown with someone wearing a Celtic top. Cue much hilarity!

We_are_the_Hearts
Nah i'd much rather be fighting relegation. Its more exciting! :rolleyes:

Well done on picking out a small bit of my post.................plank:mad:

:laugh: Ah but Bednars a waste of space who has banged in 9 goals for West Brom this season, no need for him back as many posters have said on here...

But the guys class, bring him back!

12 words...

:confused:WHY DONT WE JUST GO TO MAD VLADS BUMPER BOOK OF PLAYERS TO PICK A TEAM THAT CAN WIN THE LEAGUE (DOMESTIC AND CHAMPIONS) IM SURE VLAD WILL PROMISE US THAT IF WE ASK HIM NICE LIKE.:dribble:

Archived