Would you support an independent review into the SFA/SPL's handling of Rangers' use of EBTs and it's consequences?

kila

Independent review  

621 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support an independent review into the SFA/SPL's handling of Rangers' use of EBTs and it's consequences?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

I'd support a review of the Vlad era purely to find out what the hell went on! I'd love to know what crazy shit he was up to!

Even if it meant we could be stripped of cup wins?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alwaysthereinspirit

Celtic made use of the EBT scheme, that is fact. Grow a pair??

The thread title has no mention of Celtic. Anywhere. Some how you managed to wangle it in. You just cant help yourself.

The thread title has no mention of Celtic. Anywhere. Some how you managed to wangle it in. You just cant help yourself.

It was in response to someone asking about EBTs generally. I also stated that numerous English clubs had, too. Yet you choose to focus on the Celtic reference.

The only way we would get full agreement is if it was Celtic who cheated. Like it or not a few people choose to support Hearts because they think we're a prodding club.

Its pretty clear from most threads and this poll that it has the backing of a healthy majority.

If you look at the Aberdeen poll it shows similar results.

Do some of their fans like prodding?

(Apart from sheep hee hee)

Wait a minute i like prodding as well minimum 5 times a week.(not sheep)

Seriously though it always goes this way.

I voted yes .

This needs dealt with.

And on the other thread ive stated that its only the supporters of all the clubs which will effect this.

It was in response to someone asking about EBTs generally. I also stated that numerous English clubs had, too. Yet you choose to focus on the Celtic reference.

Re Celtic EBT

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-avoid-ebt-probe-because-1323456

Doesn't say why Celtic paid money to Juninho after he ceased to be a player though...Can't expect Glasgow media to ask the obvious follow-up question, can we?

EDIT:

Telegraph does indeed ask the above question. Nobody knows the answer!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9543866/Ally-McCoist-baffled-by-SPL-decision-not-to-investigate-Celtics-EBT-payment-to-Juninho.html

Re Celtic EBT

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-avoid-ebt-probe-because-1323456

Doesn't say why Celtic paid money to Juninho after he ceased to be a player though...Can't expect Glasgow media to ask the obvious follow-up question, can we?

EDIT:

Telegraph does indeed ask the above question. Nobody knows the answer!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9543866/Ally-McCoist-baffled-by-SPL-decision-not-to-investigate-Celtics-EBT-payment-to-Juninho.html

Paying money illegally once they have left is cool, then. Good to know.

Even if it meant we could be stripped of cup wins?

Yes. But only because I'm pretty confident that wouldn't happen. I'm not bothered about stripping Rangers titles. Although a "no winner" listed in the history books would be funny. I really really hate the SFA so that's where my anger is in all of this.

I think this is a very good post. Would we all support a full, thorough and complete investigation into the Vlad era? Honestly?

Yes, we have nothing to hide.

But you surely want a real enquiry or do you just want an enquiry into what suits you

You cannot have it both ways but it's just like you to try

Can I ask what the end goal would be. Let's say for arguments sake something is uncovered...what then??

We cannot play without the SFA so what do we do...and more to the point who does what?

But you surely want a real enquiry or do you just want an enquiry into what suits you

Apologies to the OP but the thread title could have been ".....review into SPL/SFA's handling of the use of EBTs........."

That would keep everyone happy......maybe !

You 100% sure of that?

I reckon he's 100% certain otherwise he wouldn't have posted it, what I find slightly odd is your argumentative posting style being a fellow Jambo [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think Hearts have to hide?

I have no idea. But given the fact we were run by a egotistical maniac for a few years I wouldn't be shocked if something cropped up that broke the rules.

I have no idea. But given the fact we were run by a egotistical maniac for a few years I wouldn't be shocked if something cropped up that broke the rules.

If we were guilty of any misdemeanors, do you not think we would have been punished for them at the time?

yabadabadoo1874again

I feel lonely as the 0.001%. My father is a Morton supporter if any team. He leaned towards them because he was born in Greenock. I support Hearts because we lived in Fairmilehead when I was born. I went to school in the south side of Glesga though, which is why I am no fan of the OF...Guess I'm a rebel!

Glasgow south side rebels...like the sound of that.. Gorbals born and then around south side as a youngster a heart beat from Hampden and a now bit further out and remain a Maroon and White!!!

My boys both also south side rebels...!!!

I would tend to agree with this. Vlad didnt really go by the rule book, did he?

If we were guilty of any misdemeanors, do you not think we would have been punished for them at the time?

As we went in to admin I doubt anything was looked into in any great detail.

BertieBollocks

I would tend to agree with this. Vlad didnt really go by the rule book, did he?

Sfa werent slow to make up rules to punish hearts at the time , id think if there was more to go after , the sfa would have been there with bells on 

Spitonastranger

Usual tea towel brigade on this thought they weren't interested and didn't know any one who was. Yet constantly post on the subject.

Usual tea towel brigade on this thought they weren't interested and didn't know any one who was. Yet constantly post on the subject.

To be fair, there is a "don't care " option included in the poll. People are quite entitled to say that they don't give a ****.

Well Rangers weren't.

BertieBollocks

Well Rangers weren't.

rangers werent punished they died , everything that happened to them was a result of theyre liquidation ,

Yawn. I am entitled to give my opinion.

As we went in to admin I doubt anything was looked into in any great detail.

Honest question, why are you attempting to point the figure at Hearts?

I am not. I just dont see the benefits of going over what has been punished previously.

I am not. I just dont see the benefits of going over what has been punished previously.

Toxteth O'Grady

I'd be happy to chip in a few quid for bus fares for them

gorgie rd eh11

Do you not think they dug up everything they could about Vlad and punished him/HMFC every chance they got?

It was as if they had a special Hearts section making rules up as they went along to enable them to fine and punish us.

Are you happy with the SFa's role in what happened? For me it's not about punishing Rangers, it's about clearing out the corruption so this kind of thing never happens again.

Bazzas right boot

So what do you want to review, Tosh? There seems to be conflicting opinions.

It would need to be clarified in the event of a review.

I think to ignore the latest court ruling and the knock on affect that it had regarding players being registered correctly, cannot be ignored.

The fact that folk knew this at the time, or seem to have, giving the secrecy also needs to be reviewed as they were possibly complicit in covering up said incorrect registrations.

Of course, the review would need to specific, but to simply ignore the latest court ruling and the implications of that is bordering on corruption.

Now a review might find nothing, but imo ignoring it isn't an option

Are you happy with the SFa's role in what happened? For me it's not about punishing Rangers, it's about clearing out the corruption so this kind of thing never happens again.

With respect, that is moving the goalposts a bit. People do want Rangers punished, regardless of how the authorities dealt with it. Read some, well, most. of the comments on this subject as proof.

alwaysthereinspirit

The thread is about Newco as was the post you originally answered. Nothing about EBT's in general. EBT's with regards to deid Rangers. You brought up whataboutery as per. Deflecting as always.

With respect, that is moving the goalposts a bit. People do want Rangers punished, regardless of how the authorities dealt with it. Read some, well, most. of the comments on this subject as proof.

Some do yes. I'm not fussed though, the poll asks in to SFA/SPL handling of it so I'm basing my vote on that.

The post I quoted said they'd already been punished but that's only half the question. That's all I was trying to say.

alwaysthereinspirit

This thread here is about Newco and the ramifications on the years of cheating by them and our association running and ruining our game. If you want to start a "Celtic and their EBT's history" go ahead.

Some do yes. I'm not fussed though, the poll asks in to SFA/SPL handling of it so I'm basing my vote on that.

The post I quoted said they'd already been punished but that's only half the question. That's all I was trying to say.

Of course, mate, the thread title says just that but the other thread mentioning Rangers only has disappeared !

Spitonastranger

To be fair, there is a "don't care " option included in the poll. People are quite entitled to say that they don't give a ****.

what punishment do you speak of

Of course, mate, the thread title says just that but the other thread mentioning Rangers only has disappeared !

Cool, I wasn't aware there was one

This is where the argument breaks down: you are saying it is all about holding Rangers to account, whereas others are saying it is all about the SFA and their role in it. Which is it?

To be honest, I don't think I read the title clearly enough. I just see "independent review/Rangers/EBT" and I'm straight in there with "gunge the ****ers".

Personally I'd like to see Rangers harshly punished and for the SFA and those involved to get a right good hammering too. Ideal world and that.

alwaysthereinspirit

Please continue.............

Edge of seat stuff this.

Big Slim Stylee

Can't see what's wrong with BB mentioning that Celtic and numerous English clubs used the EBT scheme. They did.

Your obsession with painting him out as a sympathiser is becoming a bit wearing. He's stated on numerous occasions that half his family are Rangers fans. It's not exactly a crime.

Bridge of Djoum

I think this is a very good post. Would we all support a full, thorough and complete investigation into the Vlad era? Honestly?

Yes, absolutely.

Why the pathetic attempt at deflection?

Mod edit

PeterintheRain

The use of EBTs was not clear cut at all and was debated, with the eventual outcome being that they shouldnt have been used. Many English clubs, and Celtic on one occasion (that we know of) also used them.

The use of EBTs to evade tax has always been clear cut. That's why your beloved huns hid the side letters. that's why your beloved huns had to be raided by the police before they shredded their remaining files. That's why your beloved huns lost all the way to the supreme court.

Go and explain why breaking the law for decades at the same time as breaking the rules of football for the same decades shouldn't carry any punishment Mod edit

Archived