Dundee Away (30/9)

Anyone any idea why the tickets for this aren't on sale on the website? Surely it's not just pay at the gates?

We always take a large following up and there's usually always a batch of tickets for the old loyalty points :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been every game but will be giving this a miss. ?25 for an adult and ?15 for kids is a disgrace.

I emailed the supporter liaison at Dundee last Xmas to ask why they charged so much more than both we charge their fans and what Dundee charged their home fans for the same game. He actually tried to say we charged kids ?15 for a game at Tynie.

Costing ?70 for be and my kids so I will be a pass.

Dundee are absolutely ripping the urine with their pricing

?40 for me and my 6 year old is a disgrace

Even ?25 for adult ticket is poor.

One of many clubs that make me feel strongly behind the ?20 is plenty argument (appreciate it's not as easy up here because the money available to clubs down south makes it easier to implement)

?20 for adults

?12-15 for concessions

?5 for kids u12

Should be maximum at all Scottish clubs.

Obviously a lot of clubs have higher and yes the example is in London, but Leyton Orient change ?30 for adults this season! In the national league

Carlisle is ?19 sitting (bought before matchday) prices are just wrong

Funny you should say that, I went to Dens on Saturday with my brother whos a St Johnstone fan - and I couldn't believe the pricing. Seen on their website a season ticket is the same as Tynecastle ?380. Their stadium lies half empty every single week so why not lower the prices? Doesn't make sense.

I avoided dens last year due to the pricing

It's just too expensive with 2 kids as well

We will avoid this also if they charge the same

They must reckon the pricing won't deter enough people to justify lowering the price

Funny you should say that, I went to Dens on Saturday with my brother whos a St Johnstone fan - and I couldn't believe the pricing. Seen on their website a season ticket is the same as Tynecastle ?380. Their stadium lies half empty every single week so why not lower the prices? Doesn't make sense.

It's a difficult balancing act, unfortunately. Maximizing revenue is the key goal.

Fag packet example:

Dundee get 5k at ?25 per head = ?125k

if they drop the price to ?20 (20%), to get the same revenue, they need 6,125 (25% increase).

Any HMFC supporter that decides they are going, are not going to stay away for the sake of an extra ?5.

Dundee supporters may, because they may be fed up of what they are seeing.

Without doubt though, it's families that have a the real problem in justifying the gate cash.

Would be interested to see the %ages of our crowds (oaps, kids. adults)

been here before

Wasnt it Christmas Eve last year when they were charging ?25 or there abouts.

Im sure thats why I gave the game a miss.

I've only been to the first game there when we came back up. Not been back since because of the prices. Would rather spend the money saved on a day out at Dingwall on 14th Oct. 

Similar last year in that I went myself but left the wee man at home. ?15 they wanted for a two year old in the same game home kids were a fiver . Jakey pricks.

It's a difficult balancing act, unfortunately. Maximizing revenue is the key goal.

Fag packet example:

Dundee get 5k at ?25 per head = ?125k

if they drop the price to ?20 (20%), to get the same revenue, they need 6,125 (25% increase).

Any HMFC supporter that decides they are going, are not going to stay away for the sake of an extra ?5.

Dundee supporters may, because they may be fed up of what they are seeing.

Without doubt though, it's families that have a the real problem in justifying the gate cash.

Would be interested to see the %ages of our crowds (oaps, kids. adults)

Partick is ?37 for me and my lot. Dundee is ?70. Incredible it is nearly double.

So Dundee are losing 4 paying customers and roughly ?50 due to their awful pricing. I would have paid ?50 to go but not much more.

Partick is ?37 for me and my lot. Dundee is ?70. Incredible it is nearly double.

So Dundee are losing 4 paying customers and roughly ?50 due to their awful pricing. I would have paid ?50 to go but not much more.

Lack of foresight by the board who obviously don't mind the ground being less than half full every week.

Like Tommy Brown says it's a balancing act which they are getting wrong.

When you see it from your side, it is truly awful management. The ground will be a third full, so there is no justification for kids prices being so high.

25 quid?

:what:

I was going to try and get my auld fither up for a visit that weekend and take him to the game, I don't think he's been to Dens since 86 tbh.

What a bunch of chancing *******s.

I understand that it makes for an expensive day if you're taking kids, but are adult fans really going to not support their team for the sake of a few of pounds ?

Hamilton and Partick are charging ?22 so people are not going to Dens because of an extra ?3  !!!!

I understand that it makes for an expensive day if you're taking kids, but are adult fans really going to not support their team for the sake of a few of pounds ?

Hamilton and Partick are charging ?22 so people are not going to Dens because of an extra ?3 !!!!

No I'll still try and get two tickets. 20 in plenty for games like this, no much wonder these clubs have no fans.

No I'll still try and get two tickets. 20 in plenty for games like this, no much wonder these clubs have no fans.

I fully agree with the ?20 is plenty idea, but I just find it hard to believe fans would choose to miss seeing their team for the sake of ?3

scott herbertson

I fully agree with the ?20 is plenty idea, but I just find it hard to believe fans would choose to miss seeing their team for the sake of ?3

I'll be there but if I had my kids up with me I wouldn't take them along unless they were really keen

letsalldothebeattie

Sadly won't be going to this one as I can't get a work swap but will buy a ticket just to top up the old LPs ahead of a certain Derby coming up just to make sure I'll be able to get a ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton and Partick are charging ?22 so people are not going to Dens because of an extra ?3 !!!!

Take the kids issue out of the debate and I agree.

We charge more than they do for adults.

It's charging small bairns ?15 that is the problem.

letsalldothebeattie

Take the kids issue out of the debate and I agree.

We charge more than they do for adults.

It's charging small bairns ?15 that is the problem.

I personally think it's time clubs like Dundee, St Johnstone, Killie and others who can't fill a stand let alone a stadium lower prices and get fans through turnstiles. ?10-15 for adults free-?5 for kids and get fans back into supporting the clubs. ?20 maximum for away fans across the league would be ideal as well would appeal to more folk. I know it's all down to finance but surely more folk in at ?10-15 would be better than less at ?25

I personally think it's time clubs like Dundee, St Johnstone, Killie and others who can't fill a stand let alone a stadium lower prices and get fans through turnstiles. ?10-15 for adults free-?5 for kids and get fans back into supporting the clubs. ?20 maximum for away fans across the league would be ideal as well would appeal to more folk. I know it's all down to finance but surely more folk in at ?10-15 would be better than less at ?25

I would be up for ?20 across the board, every team, not just the ones mentioned.

Absolute liberty with those prices, not to mention that transport for one of our further games won't exactly come cheap either

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Same as we charge them.

Cheaper actually for U18s.

What's the problem ? Are our prices too high then ?

Yes, is the right answer imo.

Massive jump in price between Under 18 and Adults which is strange.

Working that saturday but was going to buy a ticket to keep my points up but i'm at 140 anyway so not gonna bother.

Me + 2 will be purchased tomorrow. Expensive but its just round the corner so no travel cost. Everyone going to Whites bar at top of Provost Rd again? Was good atmosphere last time.

?15 for a child is shortsighted and outrageous. I support everyone on here who has kids and is staying home.

There must be an utter bampot in charge at Dundee.

?15 for a child is shortsighted and outrageous. I support everyone on here who has kids and is staying home.

It was ?15 last season but I see they have dropped it to ?5 for U12s and ?12 for U16. ?26 for an Adult.

I checked my email correspondence with Dundee last Xmas and they did say they were reviewing their child prices so credit where credit is due. Now costing me ?48 as opposed to ?70.

joondalupjambo

35 quid for a junior to play my course. Takes 4 hours so 8 quid an hour for attending but exercising. 15 quid for 90 minutes so circa 10 quid an hour for the entertainment at a game and sitting on their bum. Kicking a ball in the park with your mates, costs 0, lots of activity. Sitting in the house playing XBox, costs 0, zero exercise.

So for youngsters better playing something outside?

Just a thought.

Some right tight wads on here. Not going because of two or three quid. Price of a pint in Dundee.

Bit rich if we are charging their fans the same.

Agree that the football is too expensive at ALL the grounds.

A bit unfair for us to criticise Dundee when we are charging the same prices though.

Agree that the football is too expensive at ALL the grounds.

A bit unfair for us to criticise Dundee when we are charging the same prices though.

But last season we didn't. We did not charge ?15 for a 7yo at Tynecastle.

However it's good that they have revised their prices.

Nonsense. Dundee's child prices are the same as us. A 13 year old, however, will pay ?3 more at us than at Dens.

But last season we didn't. We did not charge ?15 for a 7yo at Tynecastle.

However it's good that they have revised their prices.

The point is though, mate, that they have changed it. I remember paying ?33 for Parkhead a good while back. It was nuts but the fact I don't pay that now means something.....maybe !

It's all too expensive anyway but only a drop in numbers would make clubs act.

Hannibal Lecter

Don't usually really go to away games & ?26 is a bit expensive to watch us play Dundee but bought 3 tickets this morning. Looking forward to this now there is starting to be a bit of an improvement on the pitch under CL and some feel good factor coming back.

Don't usually really go to away games & ?26 is a bit expensive to watch us play Dundee but bought 3 tickets this morning. Looking forward to this now there is starting to be a bit of an improvement on the pitch under CL and some feel good factor coming back.

Yep. A win against Partick and I think we'll almost sell out Dundee allocation.

Hannibal Lecter

Yep. A win against Partick and I think we'll almost sell out Dundee allocation.

That would be great.

Hopefully show Rangers how to beat Partick Thistle in 90 minutes.

Bought tickets for me and my dad this morning, ticket office staff were lovely as usual. It's a bit pricey but I feel like I've barely been to any games this season so needs must and all that.

Will cost me ?31 in total. ?4 more than Partick. That's the price of a pint. Will cost more for ER

That's for sure.

?15 for children seems wrong to me. There must be people with a couple of young Jambos who simply can't afford that.

?15 for children seems wrong to me. There must be people with a couple of young Jambos who simply can't afford that.

This is the second time you've claimed this and this is the second time i'm telling you, you're wrong.

Now stop it !

?12 for U18s....?5 for U5s.

Archived