Jump to content

Brexit Negotiations


jumpship

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

😂😂 With the SG's reputation in tatters, the NS deity worshippers have retired to the Brexit thread to lick each others arses better.

 

Never mind compatriots, all those nasty traitors will be getting prosecuted for slagging off the SG in their own homes soon enough.

 

:cornette:

 

Cluster**** corner is 2 months away. We're not ready, we're not going to be ready.

It's worth mentioning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mikey1874

    1309

  • Victorian

    1261

  • ri Alban

    986

  • Cade

    975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

 

:cornette:

 

Cluster**** corner is 2 months away. We're not ready, we're not going to be ready.

It's worth mentioning.

🥵  Don't panic, there's a pandemic, also worth mentioning 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

🥵  Don't panic, there's a pandemic, also worth mentioning 

 

I brought up some of the logistical challenges that are rearing their heads as we get to the vinegar strokes. These make exitting the transition period practically impossible, and Westminster continues to make an absolute **** of the whole thing. 

 

You can sit and go "yeah well, what about the Scottish government" but it's a really weak punch to throw in the brexit thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smithee said:

 

I brought up some of the logistical challenges that are rearing their heads as we get to the vinegar strokes. These make exitting the transition period practically impossible, and Westminster continues to make an absolute **** of the whole thing. 

 

You can sit and go "yeah well, what about the Scottish government" but it's a really weak punch to throw in the brexit thread.

So you're hiding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why would soy sauce from Holland not be real. 

Wasn't being entirely serious. Or really serious at all.

But if you want ... Soy sauce does not originate from Holland any more than Japanese whisky with faux Scottish names comes from Scotland. And HP sauce with its iconic label portraying the Houses of Parliament is a bit incongruous when you read "Made in the Netherlands" on the label.

Edited by Francis Albert
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

So you're hiding.

 

So you're desperately trying to avoid discussing brexit on the brexit thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smithee said:

 

So you're desperately trying to avoid discussing brexit on the brexit thread

Why would I do that Mr Angry?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Why would I do that Mr Angry?

 

Who really knows how an average Millwall fan works?

Anyhoo, I'll leave you to it, have fun trying to distract from the inevitable brexit cluster****. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
fancy a brew
53 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

😂😂 With the SG's reputation in tatters, the NS deity worshippers have retired to the Brexit thread to lick each others arses better.

 

Never mind compatriots, all those nasty traitors will be getting prosecuted for slagging off the SG in their own homes soon enough.

 

*tatters

 

:greggy:

Screenshot_20201029-170241.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/10/2020 at 02:50, ri Alban said:

I suppose he's still threatening to allow Tom, dick and Harry access to Europe via Turkey. Is that even a threat. 

 

It is, but it can be countered easily if the EU wants.  They've been playing around the margins of the migration issue for about 4 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

 

It is, but it can be countered easily if the EU wants.  They've been playing around the margins of the migration issue for about 4 years.

I don't see these migrants as threats, just people fleeing monsters. Most terrorists are home grown monsters. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Wasn't being entirely serious. Or really serious at all.

But if you want ... Soy sauce does not originate from Holland any more than Japanese whisky with faux Scottish names comes from Scotland. And HP sauce with its iconic label portraying the Houses of Parliament is a bit incongruous when you read "Made in the Netherlands" on the label.

I know that, but I'd still buy Japanese whiskey or English wine if it was any good. 

I wasn't being 100% serious either. Bud. 

Some things are the real McCoy. Like Whisky, Champagne and London's finest Chicken tikka masala. (Yes, I know) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't see these migrants as threats, just people fleeing monsters. Most terrorists are home grown monsters. 

 

It's not the migrants who are the threat, it's the migrating.  The reason for letting big numbers pour out of Turkey at the same time is to destabilise domestic politics in EU member states.  We could counter that kind of threat easily, but it does call for political will to do it.

 

Erdogan knows Turkey will never be admitted to the EU.  That's why it suits him to turn the clock back.

Edited by Ulysses
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

 

It's not the migrants who are the threat, it's the migrating.  The reason for letting big numbers pour out of Turkey at the same time is to destabilise domestic politics in EU member states.  We could counter that kind of threat easily, but it does call for political will to do it.

 

Erdogan knows Turkey will never be admitted to the EU.  That's why it suits him to turn the clock back.

I suppose. Hey, maybe Turkey will have a revolution. Here's hoping. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105
13 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

😂😂 With the SG's reputation in tatters, the NS deity worshippers have retired to the Brexit thread to lick each others arses better.

 

Never mind compatriots, all those nasty traitors will be getting prosecuted for slagging off the SG in their own homes soon enough.

Spot on 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Spot on 

Speaking of arse licking.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105
30 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Speaking of arse licking.....

No you can’t 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/10/2020 at 17:04, Smithee said:

 

Who really knows how an average Millwall fan works?

Anyhoo, I'll leave you to it, have fun trying to distract from the inevitable brexit cluster****. 

Your boring narrative against a club who provides thousands of meals to school children, who work tirelessly in their community to combat racism, to ensure the sick and the poor are never isolated, who yesterday asked fans to contact them for support if they were struggling through lockdown, is a reflection of you as a human being (sic) not me.

 

Really not sure why you think Brexit Cluster **** is something you should sling in my direction but anyhoo 😀.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Your boring narrative against a club who provides thousands of meals to school children, who work tirelessly in their community to combat racism, to ensure the sick and the poor are never isolated, who yesterday asked fans to contact them for support if they were struggling through lockdown, is a reflection of you as a human being (sic) not me.

 

Really not sure why you think Brexit Cluster **** is something you should sling in my direction but anyhoo 😀.

I have no problem with Millwall FC.

 

Who really knows how an average Millwall fan works though?

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I have no problem with Millwall FC.

 

Who really knows how an average Millwall fan works though?

They work hard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

EU reaches deal with itself to be able to more easily impose internal sanctions (i.e. withholding EU funds) from unruly members (meaning Hungary and Poland).

 

Not before time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor

Interesting watching the procession of Brexiteers coming out telling everyone who'll listen that the UK & USA are still BFF. 

Turns the screw even more on Johnson especially if he has to now try to get a deal from the EU then try to sell it to the headbangers in his own party. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Interesting watching the procession of Brexiteers coming out telling everyone who'll listen that the UK & USA are still BFF. 

Turns the screw even more on Johnson especially if he has to now try to get a deal from the EU then try to sell it to the headbangers in his own party. 

 

Boring to see the Nationalists coming on here to say that that they're the worst of enemies and that we're all doomed, again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/10/2020 at 17:05, fancy a brew said:

 

*tatters

 

:greggy:

Screenshot_20201029-170241.png

FFS, Keir Starmer's more popular than Boris in England 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2020 at 17:39, Cade said:

EU reaches deal with itself to be able to more easily impose internal sanctions (i.e. withholding EU funds) from unruly members (meaning Hungary and Poland).

 

Not before time.

Why single out Hungary and Poland when you've got the "Demon of Paris" much closer to home?

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
26 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Boring to see the Nationalists coming on here to say that that they're the worst of enemies and that we're all doomed, again.

We'll see soon enough Wolfie.

The UK is just about to embark on a programme of economic self harm never before seen in a major economy, not the strongest negotiating position. 

 

Project fear though, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
18 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

 

Not mincing words, this “source“ :lol:

Apparently Johnson is now 'upbeat' about securing a trade deal with 'our European partners' 

 

Shape-shifting creep right enough 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Apparently Johnson is now 'upbeat' about securing a trade deal with 'our European partners' 

 

Shape-shifting creep right enough 😀

 

Telt ye he was simply putting off making a decision until after the US election.

 

Feckin spineless. And transparent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

 

Telt ye he was simply putting off making a decision until after the US election.

 

Feckin spineless. And transparent.

He can secure whatever he likes. He still has to come back to face the ERG and the 1922 committee. 

His stock ain't high within his own party as it is and I'd imagine selling that pup will be beyond him. 

 

He'll be replaced next year. Guaranteed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

We'll see soon enough Wolfie.

The UK is just about to embark on a programme of economic self harm never before seen in a major economy, not the strongest negotiating position. 

 

Project fear though, right?

You must be right Adolf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Apparently Johnson is now 'upbeat' about securing a trade deal with 'our European partners' 

 

Shape-shifting creep right enough 😀

You must stop reading the Daily Mail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
24 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

You must be right Adolf.

 

23 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

You must stop reading the Daily Mail.

Manful stuff Wolfie.

The sky is about to cave in on this government and the beauty of it all is that its all their own doing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

 

Manful stuff Wolfie.

The sky is about to cave in on this government and the beauty of it all is that its all their own doing. 

I'm surprised you're happy about that given that you express similar extreme right wing views. Unfortunately the Tartan Tory and Westminster Tory Govt's will be in power for a few years yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow
57 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Pesky Lords. 

What've those cheeky scamps been up to now?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lords have rejected the "breaking international law and violating treaties" bit of Boris' bullshit Brexit Bill.

 

He's widely expected just to force it through anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Lords have rejected the "breaking international law and violating treaties" bit of Boris' bullshit Brexit Bill.

 

He's widely expected just to force it through anyway.

Or he lets it slide given Trump is out, Biden thinks he's an arse and then blames it all on the Lords and their "unelected, outdated ways".

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

What've those cheeky scamps been up to now?

Blocked the UK's government from breaking International law. Downed the internal market bill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo, Goodbye

The lords can return the bill, they can remove components of it and delay it. They don't have the power to outright block something. The commons will always win a tug of war. 

 

The longest they can delay something is up to 365 days. 

 

Boris himself said that anything removed, he would just 'put back in'. For once, he isn't wrong or lying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow
6 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

The lords can return the bill, they can remove components of it and delay it. They don't have the power to outright block something. The commons will always win a tug of war. 

 

The longest they can delay something is up to 365 days. 

 

Boris himself said that anything removed, he would just 'put back in'. For once, he isn't wrong or lying. 

A delay of a year effectively kills it though, no? Given we're less than two months from legit brexit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo, Goodbye
3 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

A delay of a year effectively kills it though, no? Given we're less than two months from legit brexit.

I would imagine so yeah. But I'm not sure how easy that is to actually do. Maybe the Lords wouldn't want to be seen to directly scupper the entire Brexit process? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

A delay of a year effectively kills it though, no? Given we're less than two months from legit brexit.

 

We've already left of course, but this transition period will be extended. It's the only way utter chaos can be avoided and both sides know it. Even if things went perfectly from here on in and both sides worked together with goodwill and agreement, there just isn't enough time to pull the physical logistics together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boy Daniel

Chaos in Number 10 as the deadline approaches. 
 

 

 

'There's a revolution happening': Dominic Cummings 'is looking for a way to leave No10 without losing face' as his Vote Leave empire 'starts to fall apart' after Carrie and her squad see off Boris aide Lee Cain in brutal civil war. 

 

King Midas in reverse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Chaos in Number 10 as the deadline approaches. 
 

 

 

'There's a revolution happening': Dominic Cummings 'is looking for a way to leave No10 without losing face' as his Vote Leave empire 'starts to fall apart' after Carrie and her squad see off Boris aide Lee Cain in brutal civil war. 

 

King Midas in reverse.

:glorious:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...