Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Ainsley Harriott

A deal with the EU is close and likely to be confirmed by the end of the weekend.

Rule Britania 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Absolutely, it’s just completely insane.  The level of focus on fishing industry is absolutely disproportionate.  

It's an easy soundbite for the hardline Brexiteers, who probably don't give a monkeys about the fishing industry. Certainly not the Scottish fishing industry.

It's been suspected, for a long time, that Johnson was playing a game to be able to accuse the EU of being responsible for a "no deal" result. This, despite assurances from him, Rees Mogg and the rest, that getting a "great deal" would be no problem. The EU was said to need us more than we need them, and even if they didn't, trading on WTO terms would be fine.

The only thing that has put any desire on his part to getting a deal with the EU, is is the complete mess he's made of the UK response to the spread of Covid 19. If, in the event of a "no deal", the UK is plunged into further chaos, with food and medicine shortages, blaming the EU won't wash with the vast majority of the UK public. 

The proof of which side of the Brexit argument has been correct all along, is about to be revealed. 

Meanwhile, the man that many attribute Brexit to, Farage, is nowhere to be seen. No responsibility for the real outcome and able to blame the Conservative government for any bad fallout that comes along as a result. He was convinced that his mate, Trump, would save the day, with a trade deal with the US. His warm up act didn't work this time.

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

They wouldn't be happy with that either as without a deal there would be tariffs on fish going to the EU and guess where 70% of fish exports go

This, this all day long.  

No deal and people are screwed with tarriffs but have full control 

A deal and we can trade freely but people will scream we don’t have full control.

It’s all madness! 

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

It's an easy soundbite for the hardline Brexiteers, who probably don't give a monkeys about the fishing industry. Certainly not the Scottish fishing industry.

It's been suspected, for a long time, that Johnson was playing a game to be able to accuse the EU of being responsible for a "no deal" result. This, despite assurances from him, Rees Mogg and the rest, that getting a "great deal" would be no problem. The EU was said to need us more than we need them, and even if they didn't, trading on WTO terms would be fine.

The only thing that has put any desire on his part to getting a deal with the EU, is is the complete mess he's made of the UK response to the spread of Covid 19. If, in the event of a "no deal", the UK is plunged into further chaos, with food and medicine shortages, blaming the EU won't wash with the vast majority of the UK public. 

The proof of which side of the Brexit argument has been correct all along, is about to be revealed. 

Meanwhile, the man that many attribute Brexit to, Farage, is nowhere to be seen. No responsibility for the real outcome and able to blame the Conservative government for any bad fallout that comes along as a result. He was convinced that his mate, Trump, would save the day, with a trade deal with the US. His warm up act didn't work this time.

I agree with all this and the point about Trump is a good one.  Biden becoming president changes the game in relation to a deal as he will look very unfavourably on us messing around with a no deal and what that means for EU and specially NI.

As for the **** Farage.  For years he banged on about the merits of a Norway style deal (which most of us would grudgingly live with) and now to maintain his own relevance it’s only a no deal that would be acceptable.  The damage that man try’s to do to this country is disgusting . 

SectionDJambo

I blame both sides of the pre Brexit argument for the Northern Ireland question never being, as I recall, discussed seriously. Complacency on the part of Remain and a couldn't care less attitude within Leave.

Farage is now rumoured to be planning to live in Germany after Brexit. I can see that going down not so well with the Rule Britannia mob.

Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I blame both sides of the pre Brexit argument for the Northern Ireland question never being, as I recall, discussed seriously. Complacency on the part of Remain and a couldn't care less attitude within Leave.

Farage is now rumoured to be planning to live in Germany after Brexit. I can see that going down not so well with the Rule Britannia mob.

Nothing wrong with Germany being anti EU doesn't mean you are anti European.

7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

You dont understand the difference between Europe and the EU? 

I do.

You don't understand the post you were replying to?

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Smithee said:

I do.

You don't understand the post you were replying to?

I do the guy wants to live in Germany fair dohs. I hate the scottish government doesn't mean I don't live here. Hopefully he gets a bit of airtime over there and persuades them to leave to.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If you don’t agree with much that I post that must mean you are an independence supporter and a supporter of the current Scottish government.  I don’t post much else in the shed.

How can Brexit be a bad idea (I am also a remainer) but independence be a good one?  I just don’t get that at all, both are lunacy and will impact massively on the economic well-being of the country.  

Para1: Correct.

Para2: I want Scotland to be a normal country running its own affairs, are we really incapable of being like Ireland (for example) and must remain and unequal partner in a union whose government treats our representatives and therefore us with complete disdain. 

I accept we will never come to an accord on this but the above plus other elements of being a normal country mean that I want independence, sooner than later.

8 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I do the guy wants to live in Germany fair dohs. I hate the scottish government doesn't mean I don't live here. Hopefully he gets a bit of airtime over there and persuades them to leave to.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about, who says Germany's being anti EU?

The Mighty Thor
58 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Farage was just a useful idiot. 

The 'brains' behind vote leave and the entrenched position this government finds itself in walked out the door of number 10 a month ago. 

10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The 'brains' behind vote leave and the entrenched position this government finds itself in walked out the door of number 10 a month ago. 

Cummings may have been the brains, but if you want to know who the backers were you need to follow the  r̶u̶b̶l̶e̶s̶ money.

The Mighty Thor
25 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Cummings may have been the brains, but if you want to know who the backers were you need to follow the  r̶u̶b̶l̶e̶s̶ money.

Oh for sure. 

Its possibly the greatest grift of all time. One so good that the half wits that have been rinsed are demanding it happens. 😄

Edited by The Mighty Thor

Brighton Jambo
43 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Para1: Correct.

Para2: I want Scotland to be a normal country running its own affairs, are we really incapable of being like Ireland (for example) and must remain and unequal partner in a union whose government treats our representatives and therefore us with complete disdain. 

I accept we will never come to an accord on this but the above plus other elements of being a normal country mean that I want independence, sooner than later.

Fair enough, can’t argue with that.

As you say we will agree to disagree but nice to have a response that didn’t immediately leap to abuse of my position!

Have a good weekend.  

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Fair enough, can’t argue with that.

As you say we will agree to disagree but nice to have a response that didn’t immediately leap to abuse of my position!

Have a good weekend.  

Thanks.

You have a good one too.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I’m half German and would be happy to live there as well, but he has spouted about how wonderful the U.K. will be after Brexit, but looks like not hanging around to find out.

SectionDJambo
48 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Hard to argue with this. He pretty much ran the country since Johnson got in, to the point he didn’t think his rules applied to him.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I just realised, this post's missing a comma which changes the meaning altogether. You're not talking about Germany being anti EU are you?

8 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I’m half German and would be happy to live there as well, but he has spouted about how wonderful the U.K. will be after Brexit, but looks like not hanging around to find out.

I'm quarter (ethnically) german myself. Uber alles eh bruder?

High profile Brexit supporters that have fecked off or are planning to feck off include (but is far from limited to):

Nigel Lawson. Moved to south of France.

Nigel Farage. Planning to move to Germany.

Sir James Dyson. Moved to Singapore. Took all his factories with him too.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe. Moved to Monaco.

:rofl:

manaliveits105

So the French say if a deal is done and they dont like it they will veto it - so much for a European Union then !!

see the next time they are invaded .

Konrad von Carstein
13 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

So the French say if a deal is done and they dont like it they will veto it - so much for a European Union then !!

see the next time they are invaded .

You really are an imbecile!

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

As for the **** Farage.  For years he banged on about the merits of a Norway style deal (which most of us would grudgingly live with) and now to maintain his own relevance it’s only a no deal that would be acceptable.  The damage that man try’s to do to this country is disgusting . 

Bloody plane never crashed hard enough.

farage-460_1631031c.jpg

3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

A deal with the EU is close and likely to be confirmed by the end of the weekend.

Rule Britania 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Brexit latest: UK should brace itself for months of food shortages from 1 January, delivery experts say

According to the boss of Europe’s largest haulage trade body, the UK is looking at a “nightmare scenario” that will lead to “weeks, if not months” of food shortages after the Brexit transition period comes to an end in just four weeks.

. . .

While around four million trucks travelled across the English Channel last year, the European Road Haulers Association believes this figure will more than half next year as customs restrictions are imposed with or without a Brexit deal being struck before the end of this month.

510px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png :clap: 510px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

manaliveits105
31 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You really are an imbecile!

you must have the photos as the moderators seem to ignore your personal insults 

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Brexit latest: UK should brace itself for months of food shortages from 1 January, delivery experts say

According to the boss of Europe’s largest haulage trade body, the UK is looking at a “nightmare scenario” that will lead to “weeks, if not months” of food shortages after the Brexit transition period comes to an end in just four weeks.

. . .

While around four million trucks travelled across the English Channel last year, the European Road Haulers Association believes this figure will more than half next year as customs restrictions are imposed with or without a Brexit deal being struck before the end of this month.

510px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png :clap: 510px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

The most telling thing in that article is that, with 28 days left, hauliers still haven't even seen the computer system, the GVMS, which is what they need to use to move vehicles and cargo around Europe, deal or no deal. 

Its no way to run a rodeo. 

26 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The most telling thing in that article is that, with 28 days left, hauliers still haven't even seen the computer system, the GVMS, which is what they need to use to move vehicles and cargo around Europe, deal or no deal. 

With sound bite Boris in charge what could possible go wrong!

All the adverts about "Your business has to get ready"

Get ready for what?
Nobody fecking knows because a deal still hasn't been made, four years after the vote.
Multiple extensions have been granted and still nobody has a clue what to prepare FOR never mind how to prepare for it.

40 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I've mentioned this before - the system isn't finished, they cant finish programming it until they know what they're programming, whether there's tariffs on some things and not others, exactly what paperwork will be required etc. It's just not possible to finish until they know for a fact what's happening, they then need to test and train their staff on it (I see they're recruiting customs staff now at least), release the system plus documentation etc

It's a shit show, it can't end well, unless there's an emergency extension of the status quo or something with a face saving "it's because of covid"

Even if a deal was agreed today it's already too late for us to deal with the logistics of a change on 1st january effectively. 

Still, I could do with losing a bit of weight.

4 hours ago, Cade said:

26,000 people in the retail sector lost their jobs this week.

The response?

"that's just market forces"

But to benefit 8,000 people that work in the fishing industry we're going to destitute the other 70million people on this island?

:cornette:

This is where political self-interest comes in. The 2019 election had many coastal fishing communities electing Conservatives for the first time in ages, mainly because they were the only party with  a simple pledge to respect the referendum result.  Now their new MP's are demanding that the UK live up to their (false) promises to "take back control of fishing" soundbite - or else they're toast at the next election.

Shame on Labour and the Lib/Dems for not supporting Theresa May's soft Brexit Withdrawal Agreement on 3 occasions  - siding with the ERG nutters FFS -  which led to her resignation and the rise of Boris the Buffoon, handcuffed to  Demonic Cummings.  A classic case of "be careful what you wish for".  

2 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

OK who hid the Oven Ready Deal.

image.png.6ec0f0a33464f11ae4a20c8cb5abca91.png

To think that millions of folk fell for the "oven ready deal" lie at the 2019 election :vangry:

Ainsley Harriott

Pant wetters everywhere. Ironically most of them support the party that attempted to take Scotland out of the UK and the EU in 2014. 

Brighton Jambo
22 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

This is where political self-interest comes in. The 2019 election had many coastal fishing communities electing Conservatives for the first time in ages, mainly because they were the only party with  a simple pledge to respect the referendum result.  Now their new MP's are demanding that the UK live up to their (false) promises to "take back control of fishing" soundbite - or else they're toast at the next election.

Shame on Labour and the Lib/Dems for not supporting Theresa May's soft Brexit Withdrawal Agreement on 3 occasions  - siding with the ERG nutters FFS -  which led to her resignation and the rise of Boris the Buffoon, handcuffed to  Demonic Cummings.  A classic case of "be careful what you wish for".  

This is a good post IMO.  The other parties were so focused on trying to reverse Brexit which would have been a democratic disaster in any case that they stopped focusing on making the best of a **** situation and getting is a very soft deal which would have been Brexit in name only (as the ERG like to call it).

Personally I can see absolutely no way we get a deal as that deal would be the end of the Conservatives at the next election and they won’t let that happen.  No deal is a certainty.  

2 hours ago, Cade said:

High profile Brexit supporters that have fecked off or are planning to feck off include (but is far from limited to):

Nigel Lawson. Moved to south of France.

Nigel Farage. Planning to move to Germany.

Sir James Dyson. Moved to Singapore. Took all his factories with him too.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe. Moved to Monaco.

I didn't know Nigella's dad was a brexiteer.   It's strangely ironic  that 2 of the main hard Brexit cheerleaders have French names (Farage and Francois).   

5 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Rule Britania 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Said that 2 weeks ago but here we are...

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

you must have the photos as the moderators seem to ignore your personal insults 

Not an insult, a cold hard fact!

All you ever do on this thread (and the SNP one) is chase for bites, troll, if you will.

You offer nothing to the conversation , perhaps it's you that has photos?

7 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

snp have never been supportive of Scottish fishing and if got Indy would roll over and take the EU boabie ( if they let us in)and not give a jot for the fishermen

And? 

WM sold them out big time in the 70s and I don't hear you moaning about that. 

Oh and feck the union and all who sail in it. 

53 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

This is a good post IMO.  The other parties were so focused on trying to reverse Brexit which would have been a democratic disaster in any case that they stopped focusing on making the best of a **** situation and getting is a very soft deal which would have been Brexit in name only (as the ERG like to call it).

Personally I can see absolutely no way we get a deal as that deal would be the end of the Conservatives at the next election and they won’t let that happen.  No deal is a certainty.  

Why would the SNP support anything about brexit, when it's the reason independence will be realised. Oh I do love English /British nationalism. It's given me back my country. 👍

5 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Rule Britania 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

What's a britania?

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

What's a britania?

Britannia is the Latin name for your homeland. Wee typo first time around my fellow Brit.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )