Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Scottish waters is how much of UK waters? 

I'd guess at 65%. Three of the most greedy fishing rights families are greedy Scottish capitalist *****. French Haddock and Salmon from Scotland is just around the corner. 

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It amazes me still that people get exercised about UK fishing rights.

The UK exports over 80% of what it catches, all of which will attract tariffs under the outer Mongolia style deal Johnson now wants. 

It will decimate the 'British' fishing industry in the same way it will annihilate UK farming. 

The French or anyone else fishing UK waters is a total irrelevance. 

Good of you to Trash the livelihoods of the tens of thousands of people who do make a living out of it, directly or indirectly. I suppose its the Tory way.

You' are right though the EU, or the common market as it was known, did smash the UK fishing industry, One wonders why we ever joined in the first place. Oh yeah, it was a capitalist club intended to exploit the workers Europe wide. Still happening now and the Nationalists love it.

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Good of you to Trash the livelihoods of the tens of thousands of people who do make a living out of it, directly or indirectly. I suppose its the Tory way.

You' are right though the EU, or the common market as it was known, did smash the UK fishing industry, One wonders why we ever joined in the first place. Oh yeah, it was a capitalist club intended to exploit the workers Europe wide. Still happening now and the Nationalists love it.

Citizen_smith.jpg

Francis Albert

Comprehensive trade deal with Japan signed yesterday with zero tariffs for 99% of goods. Strangely no mention on here but we'd have had a few pages if the deal had broken down.

Of course it is insignificant compared to trade with the EU but it is a small positive.

And detailed negotiations on a deal with the EU resumed today.

Francis Albert
On 22/10/2020 at 07:29, The Mighty Thor said:

It amazes me still that people get exercised about UK fishing rights.

The UK exports over 80% of what it catches, all of which will attract tariffs under the outer Mongolia style deal Johnson now wants. 

It will decimate the 'British' fishing industry in the same way it will annihilate UK farming. 

The French or anyone else fishing UK waters is a total irrelevance. 

Why does the EU get exercised about UK fishing rights? Why did Norway choose not to join the EU in large part because of fishing rights?

Someone made the absurd claim that the EU has responsibly maintained fish stocks. Why is the EU so dependent on fish from UK waters. Maybe something to do with the fact the Med and Baltic for example have been overfished to the point of near extinction of most fish and shellfish species?

Edited by Francis Albert

Konrad von Carstein
51 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Comprehensive trade deal with Japan signed yesterday with zero tariffs for 99% of goods. Strangely no mention on here but we'd have had a few pages if the deal had broken down.

Of course it is insignificant compared to trade with the EU but it is a small positive.

This guy lives out that way and knows his onions...

image.png.0132b78ddfd3013f8ffd048af4c676e4.png

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

As part of the EU, the UK already had a 99% tariff free trade deal with Japan.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-47086737

So not really strange that nobody (except you) felt the need to hang up the Union Jack bunting.

tenor.gif

The deal we made with Japan was announced ages ago when it was agreed, it just hadn't been signed.

But as the EU and Japan recently signed a deal and the EU has a "preferred partner" clause, Japan couldn't offer the UK as good a deal as it has with the EU.

So although it's nice that we have A deal with someone, we're still worse off than we were before.

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Fantastic news well done UK Government 

the futures bright - putting the Great back in Britain 

3 hours ago, Cade said:

The deal we made with Japan was announced ages ago when it was agreed, it just hadn't been signed.

But as the EU and Japan recently signed a deal and the EU has a "preferred partner" clause, Japan couldn't offer the UK as good a deal as it has with the EU.

So although it's nice that we have A deal with someone, we're still worse off than we were before.

EU negotiators are apparently delighted with the UK-Japan deal.

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Cade said:

Probably make things easier when they move car production out of the UK.

manaliveits105
20 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

EU negotiators are apparently delighted with the UK-Japan deal.

Everybody is  happy then apart from the Scottish Nationalists who whinge about everything apart from William Wallace and The Corries

34 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Everybody is  happy then apart from the Scottish Nationalists who whinge about everything apart from William Wallace and The Corries

Why are the EU negotiators so pleased?

Konrad von Carstein
42 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

You really are a moron. 

Asking why on the coronavirus thread why people cant recognise differing political opinions and debate, then you post shite like the above.

Fud.

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

How?

Tarrif free access for cars made in Japan versus proposed tariffs on models constructed in the UK under origin of parts rules within the EU. 

On 22/10/2020 at 10:30, SE16 3LN said:

I'd guess at 65%. Three of the most greedy fishing rights families are greedy Scottish capitalist *****. French Haddock and Salmon from Scotland is just around the corner. 

62% I have no argument with people voting to leave the EU. What I do argue about is the likes of Michael Gove"Take back control, take back power, take back sovereignty " Then fight to stop Scotland (His birth land) The same rights. 

That's all. 

You can't say" Once in a generation " to stop a referendum when" EU membership guaranteed inside the UK" was the biggest reason for a no vote win. 

It's a bit... 

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You really are a moron. 

Asking why on the coronavirus thread why people cant recognise differing political opinions and debate, then you post shite like the above.

Fud.

:spoton:

manaliveits105
10 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You really are a moron. 

Fud.

Thanks for confirming my point gang

Can't get over Boris making another final hour demand for UK passport holders to be let through the fast-track EU passport lines at customs.

:rofl:

Has he no been paying attention?

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Can't get over Boris making another final hour demand for UK passport holders to be let through the fast-track EU passport lines at customs.

Has he no been paying attention?

Do Canada or Australia have fast track access through EU passport control? We only asking for the same deal surely?

The Real Maroonblood
11 hours ago, Cade said:

Boris is going to wait for the result of the US Election before deciding to go No Deal or not.

Not surprising.

Johnson is a muppet.

Francis Albert

Barnier staying on in London until Thursday to continue negotiations.

Maybe he isn't as convinced as some that the UK Government has always been aiming for no deal?

Going by past history of EU negotiations the clock will be stopped at midnight on 31/12/20 until a deal is concluded.

Francis Albert
8 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Not surprising.

Johnson is a muppet.

He knows what the result of the US election will be. Which is why the UK government is now trying to cosy up to Biden.

20 hours ago, Cade said:

Boris is going to wait for the result of the US Election before deciding to go No Deal or not.

Image result for deal or no deal episodes

FA standing by ?

Edited by CJGJ

23 hours ago, Cade said:

Can someone explain the rationale behind this alleged bit of news ?    Is Boris actually thinking "I hope my pal Donald wins so that I can tell the EU to GTF"  ?      Why would the result actually have a bearing on whether a UK/EU trade agreement (allegedly 80% now done) is good for us or not ?     

15 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Can someone explain the rationale behind this alleged bit of news ?    Is Boris actually thinking "I hope my pal Donald wins so that I can tell the EU to GTF"  ?      Why would the result actually have a bearing on whether a UK/EU trade agreement (allegedly 80% now done) is good for us or not ?     

Seems to be the thinking that Trump(pro Brexit anti EU) is more likely to make an early deal with UK and would be happy with a deal that would be undermining to the EU. By contrast Johnson has zero pull with Biden, has a history of sleights against Obama that Biden will be well aware of and any posturing from Johnson that in any way at all undermines the Good Friday Agreement will be viewed in a very dim light in USA.

2 hours ago, RobboM said:

Seems to be the thinking that Trump(pro Brexit anti EU) is more likely to make an early deal with UK and would be happy with a deal that would be undermining to the EU. By contrast Johnson has zero pull with Biden, has a history of sleights against Obama that Biden will be well aware of and any posturing from Johnson that in any way at all undermines the Good Friday Agreement will be viewed in a very dim light in USA.

Thanks for that, RobboM. 👍    If that's the rationale going through Boris's head, then I'll be rooting for Biden simply to force the charlatan to confront  the reality that our best interests lie in getting a trade deal with the EU - full stop.  He promised it, so he'd better deliver it with none of this walking away stuff.      Anything with the USA is at best just symbolic ..... and at worst, a threat to UK farming and food & animal welfare standards.

5 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Thanks for that, RobboM. 👍    If that's the rationale going through Boris's head, then I'll be rooting for Biden simply to force the charlatan to confront  the reality that our best interests lie in getting a trade deal with the EU - full stop.  He promised it, so he'd better deliver it with none of this walking away stuff.      Anything with the USA is at best just symbolic ..... and at worst, a threat to UK farming and food & animal welfare standards.

Boris wants to walk all over the GFA, but if Trump is out, no trade deal with the USA. Pretty shite doing that to the people of NI. 

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Boris wants to walk all over the GFA, but if Trump is out, no trade deal with the USA. Pretty shite doing that to the people of NI. 

I think Johnson would let NI go tbh. Probably scotland too. He’s nothing like PM’s of the past who are 100% pro union remaining. Decent men like John Major always surprise me when I hear them talking about the Union. He’s furious it’s this bad whereas I don’t think BJ cares all that much. One of the dumbest ever to be PM. 

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I think Johnson would let NI go tbh. Probably scotland too. He’s nothing like PM’s of the past who are 100% pro union remaining. Decent men like John Major always surprise me when I hear them talking about the Union. He’s furious it’s this bad whereas I don’t think BJ cares all that much. One of the dumbest ever to be PM. 

Maybe he would let NI go but he can't force them to and they don't want to leave.

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Maybe he would let NI go but he can't force them to and they don't want to leave.

I would imagine by now the majority do want to leave. I doubt very much Eire wants them though

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well yeah they’d have to vote for it. I just mean he doesn’t really give a shit I reckon. 

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I would imagine by now the majority do want to leave. I doubt very much Eire wants them though

I wonder if they really want to take it over too. Risky. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Well yeah they’d have to vote for it. I just mean he doesn’t really give a shit I reckon. 

It would make for quite an anniversary present in 2022 though 🙂

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

IIRC support for the Union was about the same as support for uniting with Eire earlier this year, both in the 40%+ range

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

No I agree, he doesn't care, I think he finds everything outside england pretty inconvenient to have to think about.

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

We'll see what happens after the SNP take a majority at Holyrood. I don't think it's the union he does support , it's more he thinks Scotland, Wales and N Ireland should be English. 

manaliveits105

Turkey and France disagreement getting quite serious now - with Turkey banning French goods - wheels are coming off EU 

glad United Kingdom (their gravy train) are leaving .

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )