Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Konrad von Carstein
14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Perhaps you should spend less time with narrow minded, intolerant and not very bright people.

Who knows, it could be catching.

Well, that's me burned.

Confirmation, not that it was required, that you are a clown.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

an ability to gaily salute any flag flown by the likes of Yaxley-Lennon, Trump and the expensively educated simpleton who is currently in No10.

If I may offer a very juvenile :qqb006:...

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Perhaps you should spend less time with narrow minded, intolerant and not very bright people.

Who knows, it could be catching.

Wait, are you telling him to put you on ignore?? :o

May as well start calling it the "Mongolia" or "Afghanistan" deal.

They're all exactly the same as the "Australia" deal. 

Because they're all NO DEAL.

5 minutes ago, Cade said:

The Intergalactic Federation deal

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Cade said:

Can’t string 2 words together just like Johnson.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

She had her chance, she'll be naming feck all. 

:whistling:

Last week:

UK: "We're pulling out of talks and walking away! HAH!"
EU: "No, Barnier is still coming to London for more talks"

Today:
UK: "HAH! EU have crumbled and are sending Barnier over for more intensive talks!"

EU: "Aye you tell yourself what you like, dipshit".

In a move that surprises nobody, Gove's U-Turn in parliament today has already been U-turned itself and the UK is refusing to re-open talks.

:rofl:

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, Cade said:

In a move that surprises nobody, Gove's U-Turn in parliament today has already been U-turned itself and the UK is refusing to re-open talks.

Gove today told parliament the Farage garages popping up all over Kent to hold the thousands of trucks trapped awaiting customs clearance on the government's new customs IT platform (not yet invented) or manual checks by the thousands of new customs officers (not yet recruited) 'are excellent employment opportunities'. 

Sunlit.

Uplands.

28 minutes ago, Cade said:

Barnier :   I have good news for you.   We have taken on board the UK's criticism of the EU's intransigence,  and so we are delighted to now offer you all the benefits of the  Australia-style deal which you've talked about in the media. We are not even demanding any concessions from the UK.   Well done... you've driven a hard bargain.

Gove : But.... but.... but 

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Gove today told parliament the Farage garages popping up all over Kent to hold the thousands of trucks trapped awaiting customs clearance on the government's new customs IT platform (not yet invented) or manual checks by the thousands of new customs officers (not yet recruited) 'are excellent employment opportunities'. 

Sunlit.

Uplands.

As well as Farages Garages, the trucks will require Kent Permits to allow them entry to the area, which the locals have shortened to “Kermits”. I wonder what they’ll call the acres of portaloos?

Boris & his team cant even negotiate with a city area in his own country, how do folk think he can negotiate his way out of a no deal anytime soon?

Gave £100M+ to a rat catcher for PPE but cant look after English folks in Greater Manchester with £75M!

Hes a joke, his party are a joke & if you in any way support them, YOU are a joke!!!

The Mighty Thor
On 19/10/2020 at 22:10, WorldChampions1902 said:

As well as Farages Garages, the trucks will require Kent Permits to allow them entry to the area, which the locals have shortened to “Kermits”. I wonder what they’ll call the acres of portaloos?

Of course. No permit, no entry. 

The south east of England will be awash with HGVs

Oh, and UK truckers don't have their EU driving permits yet.

UK hauliers need tens of thousands of these ECMT permits to be issued, but only just over a thousand have been.

This means UK truckers will be banned from driving across the EU.

This is on top of them ALSO needing a special passport to get into Kent on their way to the continent.  

UK trucks may end up being driven into Kent by a UK trucker then handed over to an EU driver who has an ECMT who will then take it the rest of the way......or UK firms will simply bypass that step and only employ ECMT drivers......

Sunny uplands.

Ainsley Harriott
15 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Boris & his team cant even negotiate with a city area in his own country, how do folk think he can negotiate his way out of a no deal anytime soon?

Gave £100M+ to a rat catcher for PPE but cant look after English folks in Greater Manchester with £75M!

Hes a joke, his party are a joke & if you in any way support them, YOU are a joke!!!

People are allowed variaying political opinions. Not on here granted but in the wider world we have various parties all supported by people of varying ideas.

27 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

People are allowed variaying political opinions. Not on here granted but in the wider world we have various parties all supported by people of varying ideas.

Being pulled up for a shitty, unsupportable, immoral, etc., political opinion is not the same thing as not being allowed to have it, and it's not the same thing as a mere difference in political opinion.

In other words, if someone doesn't like being criticised for having shitty, selfish, immoral views, it is entirely within their power to change them. Whining about having those views picked apart and shown for what they are, is just weak.

Ainsley Harriott
31 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Being pulled up for a shitty, unsupportable, immoral, etc., political opinion is not the same thing as not being allowed to have it, and it's not the same thing as a mere difference in political opinion.

In other words, if someone doesn't like being criticised for having shitty, selfish, immoral views, it is entirely within their power to change them. Whining about having those views picked apart and shown for what they are, is just weak.

Who determines what political views are shitty and which arent?

4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Indeed, that's always going to be a matter of opinion, and it's hard to talk about in broad strokes. For me personally, and I would hope for most people, holding a political view that directly attacks a basic human right is by definition, shitty.

Now, I don't mean to minimise what I think you're saying (please correct me if I'm wrong)—that folk on this forum sometimes jump to "you're shitty", shortcutting the explanation as to why, not wanting to debate it. This absolutely includes me. :lol: And I'm not saying it's the right approach.

18 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The individual, duh. 

You're not being prevented from airing your views, you're allowed to speak them, we all are. But you don't have protected status, any of us can say what we like about your views.

And let's face it, you're not exactly shy of doing the same to others.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Aye except tories. Theyre the lizard greedy murdering corruption party and their supporters are nothing more than enablers!

Ainsley Harriott
12 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye except tories. Theyre the lizard greedy murdering corruption party and their supporters are nothing more than enablers!

Do you ever write a post that doesn't read like you are shouting at folks...

Brexit negotiations to continue and Bernier has agreed to the negotiating demands. Still time to stop the French stealing our fish.

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Cade said:

What Brexiters think Barnier said: "We surrender"

What he actually said: "Both sides will need to compromise if a deal is to be reached"

I think we will end up with a Canada style free trade deal and Boris will cave on fishing rights.

5 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I think we will end up with a Canada style free trade deal and Boris will cave on fishing rights.

Not sure, everybody knows that the French fishing demands aren't going to happen, and if they get a face saving compromise then a constructive trade deal is still possible. Of course there are other issues too 😆

Ainsley Harriott
23 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Not sure, everybody knows that the French fishing demands aren't going to happen, and if they get a face saving compromise then a constructive trade deal is still possible. Of course there are other issues too 😆

Fishing is such a tiny percentage of our economy it would he madness to lose a free trade deal over 

27 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Fishing is such a tiny percentage of our economy it would he madness to lose a free trade deal over 

Yep, but the French are flexing there muscles over this. It seems to be an electoral issue in WM and Holyrood too.

3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Do you ever write a post that doesn't read like you are shouting at folks...

You think I’m shouting? Because tories are scum? Well OK then. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Why am I not surprised at this?

The rich greedy barstewards who got extremely wealthy within the EU quota system want to be EVEN MORE wealthier by being allowed to systematically wipe out fish stocks in Scottish waters unchecked in order to line their coffers even further. Complete Cutns!!!

Brexit is just a rich tory scam and their enablers just go along with it. Sad really. 

jack D and coke
29 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Why am I not surprised at this?

The rich greedy barstewards who got extremely wealthy within the EU quota system want to be EVEN MORE wealthier by being allowed to systematically wipe out fish stocks in Scottish waters unchecked in order to line their coffers even further. Complete Cutns!!!

Brexit is just a rich tory scam and their enablers just go along with it. Sad really. 

The EU at least seems to ensure no overfishing and maintaining stocks. Something these greedy *******s care nothing for. 

42 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The EU at least seems to ensure no overfishing and maintaining stocks. Something these greedy *******s care nothing for. 

The EU are part of the greedy ****ers I'm afraid. 25% of the French haul comes from UK waters. With a no deal brexit they are fuxked. Don't believe the UK bad rest of Europe good shite. They are all capitalist sharks and want the fishing rights.

Edited by SE16 3LN

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

The EU are part of the greedy ****ers I'm afraid. 25% of the French haul comes from UK waters. With a no deal brexit they are fuxked. Don't believe the UK bad rest of Europe good shite. They are all capitalist sharks and want the fishing rights.

I’m sure they are. I think the EU seem to take control of the stocks though is more my point.  All this give our fishermen our waters back is about a small band of families getting even richer though. Heath sold it out a long time ago and loads of our smaller vessels sold their quotas. Used to be a few boats left from my local harbour not all that long ago. Nothing now. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m sure they are. I think the EU seem to take control of the stocks though is more my point.  All this give our fishermen our waters back is about a small band of families getting even richer though. Heath sold it out a long time ago and loads of our smaller vessels sold their quotas. Used to be a few boats left from my local harbour not all that long ago. Nothing now. 

Yeah, we should never have joined that Capitalist conglomerate we now call the EU. The last stat I remember was 12000 UK fishermen and another 50000 employed in related jobs. Not insignificant whichever greedy *******s takes the profit. Across the EU I haven't got a clue but less access to UK waters has clearly worried the French fishing industry.

10 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Brexit negotiations to continue and Bernier has agreed to the negotiating demands. Still time to stop the French stealing our fish.

5 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Scottish waters is how much of UK waters? 

The Mighty Thor

It amazes me still that people get exercised about UK fishing rights.

The UK exports over 80% of what it catches, all of which will attract tariffs under the outer Mongolia style deal Johnson now wants. 

It will decimate the 'British' fishing industry in the same way it will annihilate UK farming. 

The French or anyone else fishing UK waters is a total irrelevance. 

Ainsley Harriott
10 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

You think I’m shouting? Because tories are scum? Well OK then. 

You misspelt SNP.

Edited by Ainsley Harriott

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It amazes me still that people get exercised about UK fishing rights.

The UK exports over 80% of what it catches, all of which will attract tariffs under the outer Mongolia style deal Johnson now wants. 

It will decimate the 'British' fishing industry in the same way it will annihilate UK farming. 

The French or anyone else fishing UK waters is a total irrelevance. 

BOOM!!!

:spoton:

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )