Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Yes they can. Vote through legislation which states that the UK cannot leave the EU without a deal and if no deal can be reached we remain in the EU until we can. 

only if the EU agree which is not guaranteed

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Would that mean we have been kicked out of Europe rather than left?

20 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Pretty certain we can legally retract article 50 at any point and the EU can do nothing about it. 

36 minutes ago, Boof said:

In an accusation often levelled at the SNP...who's getting on with the day-to-day business of governing the country?

The multi-national corporations that own the place?

::troll::

29 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Pretty certain we can legally retract article 50 at any point and the EU can do nothing about it. 

:spoton:

And we can re-invoke it again immediately 

37 minutes ago, graygo said:

Would that mean we have been kicked out of Europe rather than left?

I would say so. We have a list of amendments that is passed by Westminster may well not be acceptable to the EU. In that case its punt back here and we either accept it or reject it. It’s a merry go round and no one can get off it. 

31 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

That’s what I want. The EU have said openly they want you to stay. 

26 minutes ago, Cade said:

The multi-national corporations that own the place?

::troll::

Probably dispiritingly too near the truth to be chuckleworthy. 😕

Why is a GE relevant to Brexit, but Irrelevant for Independence. Tory Majority No deal, SNP majority no Indyref2? 

On 23/10/2019 at 11:37, RobboM said:

Respect the 17.4 m who actually voted for precisely this!

And the 50m that didn't?

Jambo, Goodbye
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Why is a GE relevant to Brexit, but Irrelevant for Independence. Tory Majority No deal, SNP majority no Indyref2? 

Because a Tory majority qualifies as a UK majority. 

An SNP majority only qualifies as a scottish majority. 

Scotland is just an insignificant region of the UK dontcha know

16 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Because a Tory majority qualifies as a UK majority. 

An SNP majority only qualifies as a scottish majority. 

Scotland is just an insignificant region of the UK dontcha know

I suppose that, in fact, the Pen(cil) is not mightier than the sword and Independence is, in fact, claimed and not given.

Edited by ri Alban

An arch brexiteer MP was interviewed this week and wanted to hold off a GE,  Extend time for reading of Bills first.

Because a GE would be a one policy event and all other policies in manifestos ignored.  But didn't give other reasoning.

Why? 

Polls last time didn't equate to final result?

Brexit Party gains?

Brexit Party concessions required for coalition that even the Tories couldn't stomach? 

Ridicule of coalition with DUP, and the Brexit Party considered even more off the scale? 

Loss of DUP coalition and all 13 Scottish Tory seats?

Coalition LAB, LD, SNP govt and another indy ref that will be closer than last time.

10 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

An arch brexiteer MP was interviewed this week and wanted to hold off a GE,  Extend time for reading of Bills first.

Because a GE would be a one policy event and all other policies in manifestos ignored.  But didn't give other reasoning.

Why? 

Polls last time didn't equate to final result?

Brexit Party gains?

Brexit Party concessions required for coalition that even the Tories couldn't stomach? 

Ridicule of coalition with DUP, and the Brexit Party considered even more off the scale? 

Loss of DUP coalition and all 13 Scottish Tory seats?

Coalition LAB, LD, SNP govt and another indy ref that will be closer than last time.

I think the Tories and SNP will wipe the floor with all comers, if no deal was the defining point of a GE. Whereas/Whereby/Wherein no Indyref could be refused by said Tory landslide.

Edited by ri Alban

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I think the Tories and SNP will wipe the floor with all comers, if no deal was the defining point of a GE. Whereas/Whereby/Wherein no Indyref could be refused by said Tory landslide.

The SNP will get the most seats up here but not convinced they will increase their current total.

People will vote tactically to keep the SNP out.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

And the 50m that didn't?

I was raised by parents who grew up in the 2nd World War and have always had it drilled into me how important it is to exercise  our vote because of the sacrifices made for the country so we have our freedoms.

Anyone who chooses not to vote loses the right to complain if they don't like the outcome.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The SNP will get the most seats up here but not convinced they will increase their current total.

People will vote tactically to keep the SNP out.

They will obliterate the tories in Scotland. All but 1-2 seats will go to he SNP. Willing to put a wager on that

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

They will obliterate the tories in Scotland. All but 1-2 seats will go to he SNP. Willing to put a wager on that

We will see.  But you are overlooking the Lib Dems and the No vote plus the strong dislike of the SNP in Scotland.

In effect you will see a campaign fought on Independence and first past the post voting means tactical voting will be key.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Brexit Party will take a lot of votes mainly affecting the Tories.

Kezia Dugdale told Laboir voters to vote Tory to keep SNP out.

It was a disastrous policy for Scittish Labour and Labour

Not surprisingly, the Scottish Tory have done sweet fa, apart from claiming significantly more in expenses.

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Brexit Party will take a lot of votes mainly affecting the Tories.

Not if the Tories promise to overturn the Benn act.

5 hours ago, frankblack said:

I was raised by parents who grew up in the 2nd World War and have always had it drilled into me how important it is to exercise  our vote because of the sacrifices made for the country so we have our freedoms.

Anyone who chooses not to vote loses the right to complain if they don't like the outcome.

I do agree, but there are millions unable to vote yet and ones who can't. It's 52% of the electorate who voted. It's not the will of the people. It's 25% of the population.

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I do agree, but there are millions unable to vote yet and ones who can't. It's 52% of the electorate who voted. It's not the will of the people. It's 25% of the population.

You snooze you lose.  Postal voting is available.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Not if the Tories promise to overturn the Benn act.

It's more likely Boris Johnson will have lost his aura. Versus Farage he is a pygmy. 

In terms of a new Prime Minister he has already lost a lot of the honeymoon popularity. Someone on news said he has had the worst reaction in terms of quickly losing popularity for a new PM. 

Trapper John McIntyre
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's more likely Boris Johnson will have lost his aura. Versus Farage he is a pygmy. 

In terms of a new Prime Minister he has already lost a lot of the honeymoon popularity. Someone on news said he has had the worst reaction in terms of quickly losing popularity for a new PM. 

Latest Poll

CON: 40% LAB: 24% LDEM: 15% BREX: 10%

Boris sure has lost it, it seems.

Montgomery Brewster
8 hours ago, frankblack said:

plus the strong dislike of the SNP in Scotland.

In your head maybe. 

Montgomery Brewster
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:laugh:

Honestly some folk really need to put the Daily Mail or Express back on the shelf when selecting their daily reading 

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Honestly some folk really need to put the Daily Mail or Express back on the shelf when selecting their daily reading 

They are self loathing Scots.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They are self loathing Scots.

Usual description from the cultists. 

The same group of 6 or 7 posters  will blindly defend the SNP regardless of how incompetent their record is.

A Tory majority government implementing Brexit kills Indy.  Can't wait. :rofl:

3 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Latest Poll

CON: 40% LAB: 24% LDEM: 15% BREX: 10%

Boris sure has lost it, it seems.

How does this translate into numbers of MPs though ? 

Polls like this are indicative of public feeling but the First Past the Post system does skew straight poll numbers significantly.

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

I'll say it again. This is as crazy a point of view as I've ever seen on here. Never mind that if you want this, you're the exact opposite of a British patriot, because you clearly want everyone in Britain to suffer horrendously forever. 

There is something which might well devastate the SNP though. It has nothing to do with Brexit, but is likely to emerge over the next few months. I'll say no more than that. Watch this space.

3 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

You say 'self loathing Scots' like it is a bad thing.

We Scots are mainly cruel, selfish, self-serving, intolerant, unforgiving, pompous, vainglorious, unrealistic and unthankful. 

Enough about you. 

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

I'll say it again. This is as crazy a point of view as I've ever seen on here. Never mind that if you want this, you're the exact opposite of a British patriot, because you clearly want everyone in Britain to suffer horrendously forever. 

There is something which might well devastate the SNP though. It has nothing to do with Brexit, but is likely to emerge over the next few months. I'll say no more than that. Watch this space.

He voted yes. :rofl:

21 hours ago, frankblack said:

Only if an outcome they liked was an option on the ballot. 

Montgomery Brewster
7 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

This will be the full home rule proposal from Boris and co.  And yes I agree.

15 hours ago, frankblack said:

Usual description from the cultists. 

The same group of 6 or 7 posters  will blindly defend the SNP regardless of how incompetent their record is.

You cant wait for the tories to completely kill off anyone who’s ill, unemployed or old?

Nice. 

10 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Huh. I thought austerity was necessary because there's no money for anything.

image.png.6523aaa7130e7416bfcddd84407d29be.png

You have to wonder what kind of idiot made that risky gamble on an uncertain date?

4 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

This will be the full home rule proposal from Boris and co.  And yes I agree.

Is there any court cases coming up in the new year? 🤔

On 26/10/2019 at 00:11, Mikey1874 said:

If you can keep a sense of humour it will be fine

Sure it was a good idea at the time 🙄

9DB4664B-1666-4748-872C-C288694BF0C0.jpeg

12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You have to wonder what kind of idiot made that risky gamble on an uncertain date?

:lol: True. Although--idiocy, or just sheer, unbridled arrogance?

12 minutes ago, RobboM said:

So it costs £1.15 for each 50p?

Doubt that, it's probably penalties in the contract. Then again, 50ps are 75% copper, so I guess anything's possible.

I think the plan to force the Bill to leave the EU and approve the Deal to be debated has a chance of happening.

This involves a vote to take over Parliament business again probably tomorrow.

It will end the prospect of an immediate election pushing that back to  more sensible March 2020. 

An then EU can agree a sensible extension. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think the plan to force the Bill to leave the EU and approve the Deal to be debated has a chance of happening.

This involves a vote to take over Parliament business again probably tomorrow.

It will end the prospect of an immediate election pushing that back to  more sensible March 2020. 

An then EU can agree a sensible extension. 

Tories have realised Farage could feck them up. SNP to wipe them out in Scotland, Libdems to wipe them out in remain constituencies and London. Not so confident after all.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )