Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Dear EU,

please give us an extension.

yours Boris. 

There Ive asked for an extension. Job done..

He’s complied with the Benn Act which if my understanding of it is correct he leaves it there. No negotiation for length of time or reason other than he’s asked. 

perhaps he should have been compelled to provide a draft in advance - something that is in the spirit of the Act.

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boris and #10 refusing to confirm that Boris will comply and even apply for an extension at all.

Willing to risk contempt of court on this one, it seems.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Cade said:

Boris and #10 refusing to confirm that Boris will comply and even apply for an extension at all.

Willing to risk contempt of court on this one, it seems.

:lol:

Johnson and government of vipers are reaping what they sowed.    Show you're untrustworthy... hey,   you won't be trusted.

Moves on to the next scheme to snake out of a delay and to cause no deal.

55 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

This. 

The BBC is an appalling news organisation nowadays. Shit broadcast news even worse website. 

As someone put on twitter earlier, she's Pravda for the conservative party and Johnson in particular.

(re Keunnsberg) Any issues relating to Johnson start with a negative tone are followed up with the positive. The order is important in people's memory. .

Edited by Riccarton3

Looks like Labour and the SNP just voted for a No Deal Brexit.  Hope they are certain that they can force Boris into an extension or the blame is going to fall on them.

Meanwhile those MPs who disregarded their Leave voting constituencies wishes will suffer in any upcoming GE.

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Looks like Labour and the SNP just voted for a No Deal Brexit.  Hope they are certain that they can force Boris into an extension or the blame is going to fall on them.

Meanwhile those MPs who disregarded their Leave voting constituencies wishes will suffer in any upcoming GE.

Just as the people in those constituencies who swallowed the bullshit to vote leave will suffer once they get the brexit they voted for. 

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You have no idea what's happening.

Letwin just added a further lock against no deal.

Many MPs who voted for Letwin have said they will be voting FOR Boris' deal.

Letwin just makes it illegal for Boris to fail to enact his own deal by slowing it's passage through both Houses before the 31st.

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Just as the people in those constituencies who swallowed the bullshit to vote leave will suffer once they get the brexit they voted for. 

Aye whatever :rolleyes:

The constant remainer bitching is truly tiresome.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Boris has until 11pm to send the letter.

metronome-animated-gif-1.gif

Oh he will try to wriggle out of it. No question. 

At what point does he start digging his ditch for 31st October?

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Sadly this.  Massive own goal if the Benn Act has holes.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, frankblack said:

Aye whatever :rolleyes:

The constant remainer bitching is truly tiresome.

The governments own numbers sunshine. 👍

It's astonishing how many checks and balances have to be put in place to ensure the Prime Minister (a) does not break the law and (b) does what is - very arguably - best for the country.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Letwin just makes it illegal for Boris to fail to enact his own deal by slowing it's passage through both Houses before the 31st.

No, I am fully aware of what is going on.

Labour is stalling to vote down the deal, set up a GE while an extension is in play then cancel it should they win.  Lib Dems will help them post GE as will the SNP but both can't work together as the Lib Dems won't give a concession on Indy Ref 2.

1 minute ago, Boof said:

It's astonishing how many checks and balances have to be put in place to ensure the Prime Minister (a) does not break the law and (b) does what is - very arguably - best for the country.

The honourable thing would have been for Labour to take up the GE offer rather than litigate to compell the PM.  If that bill isn't water tight we are going out on a no deal.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

If No Deal happens the Tories will be destroyed at Election if it goes badly. 

They would certainly deserve to be. But who by? Please don't say Corbyn! If Labour got into any kind of shape at all, they'd win easily. But with Corbyn on charge they never will be.

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So the SNP will be fine good news

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

The honourable thing would have been for Labour to take up the GE offer rather than litigate to compell the PM.  If that bill isn't water tight we are going out on a no deal.

But Labour couldn't trust Johnson to be honourable and have the election in enough time to stop us crashing out of the EU with no deal. As you know.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Court of Session to rule on Monday.

To confirm extension request if not made by then. 

Speaker will sign letter if needed. 

Damn pesky Scots. Getting in the way of ones Brexit. 😏

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

They would certainly deserve to be. But who by? Please don't say Corbyn! If Labour got into any kind of shape at all, they'd win easily. But with Corbyn on charge they never will be.

This - the Lib Dems are more likely to be the second party than Labour.  A lot of leave voting constituencies are in Labour seats in the north of England.

Just now, gjcc said:

Damn pesky Scots. Getting in the way of ones Brexit. 😏

Or just reinforces the impression of being a greeting bairn that never stops bitching.  They got slapped down in court on Friday and if there is a loophole in the Benn bill will be slapped down again.

Incidentally, what extension is Boris compelled to ask for - 1 day, a week, a month?

19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Don't tell us, did you vote remain, anaw.

Oh and the Scottish Tories will be wiped out, going by your thinking.

Just now, ri Alban said:

Don't tell us, did you vote remain, anaw.

Oh and the Scottish Tories will be wiped out, going by your thinking.

People like me will vote tactically as I did last time to get a Lib Dem MP and MSP in Edinburgh West. :thumbs_up:

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This - the Lib Dems are more likely to be the second party than Labour.  A lot of leave voting constituencies are in Labour seats in the north of England.

The Labour MPs representing those seats are the ones most likely to back Boris's deal. Even if personally remainers, many feel compelled to honour the wishes of their constituents and it improves their chances of re election next time out!

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

People like me will vote tactically as I did last time to get a Lib Dem MP and MSP in Edinburgh West. :thumbs_up:

I don't believe a word people like you say. Are you even from Edinburgh or even from Scotland.

Anyway, 55 seats on the way for the SNP at least. 

Edited by ri Alban

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:rofl:The Libdems who'll scrap Brexit. You're calling people remoaners, then voting Libdem.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl:The Libdems who'll scrap Brexit. You're calling people remoaners, then voting Libdem.

The Lib Dems will veto any Indy Referendum if they form a government with Labour post GE.  Thats a plus in my book. :greggy:

dobmisterdobster
14 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

But Labour couldn't trust Johnson to be honourable and have the election in enough time to stop us crashing out of the EU with no deal. As you know.

Being ten points behind in the polls haf nothing to do with it I'm sure. :whistling:

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The Lib Dems will veto any Indy Referendum if they form a government with Labour post GE.  Thats a plus in my book. :greggy:

Lib Dems could have prevented all this by going into coalition with Tories again in 2017. 

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, Cade said:

:pleasing:

22 minutes ago, Cade said:

Boris already contacting EU leaders telling them to ignore the letter he's sending out tonight.

Utter contempt of law.

Or how about he asks for a 10 year extension which they refuse?

Law complied with and as he said, he isn't required to negotiate the terms.

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Presumably Government mainly pulled vote because it was going to lose it. 

or because they would win it with amendments that don’t suit their agenda?

27 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Thanks fb! Got Jardine and that lying scumbag Cole-Hamilton! Loathe Liar-Dems. I live in Corstorphine and some of the conversations I've had makes me think we require a test to vote! We can disagree but some people just lose their intellect when discussing politics. 

Edited by Roxy Hearts

Seems to me the DUP want to continue to enjoy their place in the sun. Absolute charade with political points scoring left right and centre. Anyhow this more than right honorable gentleman is pi**ed of with the lot of them. 

10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Thanks fb! Got Jardine and that lying scumbag Cole-Hamilton! Loathe Liar-Dems. I live in Corstorphine and some of the conversations I've had makes me think we require a test to vote! We can disagree but some people just lose their intellect when discussing politics. 

Remind me how it went with the SNP MP that held the seat previously?

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just agree to have a Customs Union and close alignment to the single market and it would all be sorted. 

Customs Union is tied to freedom of movement and effectively no Brexit.

Court hearing on monday morning.

Could order Boris to comply with the Benn act and Letwin amendment.

Expect this to go all the way to the Supreme court as well.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Cade said:

:pleasing:

dobmisterdobster
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

The Letwin amendment is not law because the bill its attached to has been withdrawn.

dobmisterdobster

Watching Joanna Cherry get pied was a highlight for me.

Especially when Bercow explained that he couldn't hold MPs hostage to listen to her. 😄

Howdy Doody Jambo

So after all this time the only thing on the table that's certain is still either

Deal or No Deal 

Yes or No?

32 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Remind me how it went with the SNP MP that held the seat previously?

I liked Michelle Thomson. Found guilty of nowt. Are we not capitalists? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )