• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Who the **** votes tory in Scotland?

Are you seeing these arsepieces for what they are yet?

Nut.   They vote Tory because they hate SNP and were convinced that Mooth was doing a great job of bashing them down.     

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Nut.   They vote Tory because they hate SNP and were convinced that Mooth was doing a great job of bashing them down.     

She was a decent opposition leader knowing full well that she would never ever be under the proper scrutiny of being the FM.

Even her media pals would eventually have had to stop just reporting quotes after the latest no substance photo opportunity and ask the odd difficult question.

Edited by DETTY29

Under Rooth the Mooth, Tories in Scotland became a single issue protest party.

"Independence never" was their one and only policy.

She's away noo.

They'll fall to bits.

Government still planning to subvert the No-No-Deal LAW by sending one letter to the EU asking for an extension in compliance with the law but also send a 2nd letter which will read "please ignore my last letter lol".

:vrface:

We can expect Parliament to table amendments to make this law watertight over the next few days and prevent such an obvious shitebag move.

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Being I'll just say they are bad losers, being used as very privileged people to getting their own way. 

Reminds me of another group of people :interehjrling:

Gove's squirming. 

He knows damn fine he's lying.

Everybody knows it.

He's still trying to pretend he's not.

Yellowhammer is not the "worst case" it was the "base case".

Jambo, Goodbye
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

Gove's squirming. 

He knows damn fine he's lying.

Everybody knows it.

He's still trying to pretend he's not.

Yellowhammer is not the "worst case" it was the "base case".

He's been asked three times about when it was changed to worst case and he keeps blatantly ignoring it. Utter snake of a man.

This Government aren't even close to being prepared for a no deal Brexit. 

Better Together :rofl:

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Who the **** votes tory in Scotland?

Are you seeing these arsepieces for what they are yet?

I do.  Why I hear you scream.

my single biggest issue by a million miles is I don’t want independence to happen.  Let’s not get into the whys as I know you disagree! 

So, that’s the SNP and Greens out.

labour have indicated they would support a second referendum so they are out.

that leaves Tories or Lib Dem’s.  I don’t really want to vote for either but the Tories have a better chance of winning more seats nationally and have made it clear they won’t support a second referendum so they are the one! 

17 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

He's been asked three times about when it was changed to worst case and he keeps blatantly ignoring it. Utter snake of a man.

This Government aren't even close to being prepared for a no deal Brexit. 

Better Together :rofl:

4 times now. 

9B764967-481A-462D-9807-A988E178BD30.jpeg

Edited by gjcc

30 minutes ago, gjcc said:

4 times now. 

Has he answered it yet? 

Think he's just been asked again, the date title was changed. 

IMG_20190925_170237.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Has he answered it yet? 

Think he's just been asked again, the date title was changed. 

Nope. 

Thats was the 5th time(at least). “It has always been the case that there is a base scenario and a reasonable worst case” = totally sidestepped what is being alluded to: the fact that the leaked “base scenario” was exactly the same as the “worst case” document published, only change being the title. 

Edited by gjcc

43 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I do.  Why I hear you scream.

my single biggest issue by a million miles is I don’t want independence to happen.  Let’s not get into the whys as I know you disagree! 

So, that’s the SNP and Greens out.

labour have indicated they would support a second referendum so they are out.

that leaves Tories or Lib Dem’s.  I don’t really want to vote for either but the Tories have a better chance of winning more seats nationally and have made it clear they won’t support a second referendum so they are the one! 

No I get that part of it but you could easily abstain from voting or vote for an independent.

What I dont get is how tory voters dont die with embarrassment every time they see them on TV, read about what their horrific policies are doing to folk or what they are trying to do to the UK right now.  the tory PM is the worst in Parliamentary history. Hes not won a single vote yet and now hes been caught talking pish to the queen and looking for ways to break the law without breaking the law FFS!

They bang on about democracy but then look to stand in the way of Scots having their say. Shambles of a party.

Fromage got pranked a beauty on his LBC phone-in this morning:

Caller named Mark:

"I’m immensely grateful for everything you’ve done in British politics in the last few years. I used to be an ardent remainer. I voted remain and I believed in the European project, and I believed that staying in the European Union was the best thing for us. 

“And then something happened – something monumental happened – and it completely changed my opinion on the whole situation."

Fromage: 

"What was that monumental thing Mark?"

Mark:

"I was kicked in the head by a horse."

:yas:

9 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Nope. 

Thats was the 5th time(at least). “It has always been the case that there is a base scenario and a reasonable worst case” = totally sidestepped what is being alluded to: the fact that the leaked “base scenario” was exactly the same as the “worst case” document published, only change being the title. 

The reason its base case is

1. Some things can't be fully predicted. Partly as EU countries could act differently to what they are expected though not sure if everything is covered anyway. In No Deal there isn't a EU position on everything. Each country decides. Someone might stop UK citizens getting anything. Particularly if Ireland starts to suffer which they will. 

2. How people actually behave is also not possible to guarantee. Lorry drivers could do a full stop / go on 'strike' if they want to force through something. That is repeated in what consumers do. Not everyone will just be patient. 

3. Things could happen unexpectedly and also in terms of how they relate to each other. Again if lorry drivers find out their families can't get food or medicine they might block the ports, permanently.

4. As above Ireland could suffer very badly and some in EU could start taking action to force UK to make a deal. 

And that's just me without looking at what anyone else is saying. 

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The reason its base case is

1. Some things can't be fully predicted. Partly as EU countries could act differently to what they are expected though not sure if everything is covered anyway. In No Deal there isn't a EU position on everything. Each country decides. 

2. How people actually behave is also not possible to guarantee. Lorry drivers could do a full stop / go on 'strike' if they want to force through something. That is repeated in what consumers do. Not everyone will just be patient. 

3. Things could happen unexpectedly and also in terms of how they relate to each other. Again if lorry drivers find out their families can't get food or medicine they might block the ports, permanently.

And that's just me without looking at what anyone else is saying. 

And it’s also the reasonable worst case? That’s what the government are now claiming.

The Government needs to be careful.

I think Michael  Gove is doing reasonably okay as he is mostly being polite and fairly respectful. The other boy earlier was just arrogant and bumptious. 

I would not underestimate how angry a lot of MPs are at Government. That they are back today they are realising how shit the Government was in shutting it down. Yellowhammer should have been a 2 day debate two weeks ago hence its going on a bit longer. 

Power is with the Opposition. As we will see tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, gjcc said:

And it’s also the reasonable worst case? That’s what the government are now claiming.

They've called it that and it looks like that when you read it. People involved in writing it have said it was NOT worse case. 

Grant Shapps caught copy&pasting Chris Grayling's previous statement on the collapse of Monarch and changing it to say "Thomas Cook" and changing the numbers of redundancies and stranded passengers.

Other than that it was word for word the same.

These Tory bassas have no shame.

Brighton Jambo
47 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

No I get that part of it but you could easily abstain from voting or vote for an independent.

What I dont get is how tory voters dont die with embarrassment every time they see them on TV, read about what their horrific policies are doing to folk or what they are trying to do to the UK right now.  the tory PM is the worst in Parliamentary history. Hes not won a single vote yet and now hes been caught talking pish to the queen and looking for ways to break the law without breaking the law FFS!

They bang on about democracy but then look to stand in the way of Scots having their say. Shambles of a party.

I am embarrassed , mortified in fact.  To be clear I have never actually voted for this version of the government or Boris johnson, no one has and I voted remain.   But the Scottish wing of that party is the best chance of stopping independence and so I will vote for them.  Literally nothing they do is worse, in my eyes, than independence and if that destroys the country so be it. 

And before you all pile in ask yourselves if you would be prepared to see Scotland suffer for the dream of independence?  Ri Alban has already been big enough to admit he would.  

And finally, hand on heart, I believe Labours domestic policies under Corbyn will leave more people suffering longer term that the domestic Conservative polices.  I say domestic because clearly no deal is a cluster****.  

BBC and others saying there might be a case where Government possible bill to have a general election could be passed if amended to ensure extension to Article 50 is done first.  

The Mighty Thor

The Tories are carpet bombing the media with the new mantra.

It's a new law.

We're in a new era.

Yip we are indeed. 

Full post truth.

14 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Baw jaws at the oche.

Here comes the trumpian download of bullshit and bluster.

Just challenged Corbyn to agree to an election. Deliver Brexit. 

And mentioned he doesn't agree to the Supreme Court decision. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

They should have asked Johnson if he was merely beating his girlfriend up or doing a Charlie Elphicke and why it took so long for her to be seen in public?

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

They should have asked Johnson if he was merely beating his girlfriend up or doing a Charlie Elphicke and why it took so long for her to be seen in public?

I’m getting to that stage as well.

Anything goes.

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

corbyn’s delivery is terrible. Jesus Christ 

Absolutely should have passed to Abbott instead. She would have been through on goal. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, gjcc said:

Absolutely should have passed to Abbott instead. She would have been through on goal. 

She doesn’t know which day it is, let alone which goal to shoot at.

This is where I want the Labour Party to flourish. But they’ve narrowed their appeal to a load of freaks and weirdos who jump about signing “oh Jeremy Corbyn.” Most of them should be on the register.

Labour MP makes good speech asking the PM to tone down his language, (calling things "surrender bills" for example) and points out that MPs are being put in danger and death threats are becoming the new norm.

Boris's response?

"Humbug"

:seething:

Edited by Cade

I've watched this since the prick made his statement.     Utterly sick to death now of watching these pseudo-intellectual,  grotesque creatures on the government benches.    Half of them only take part in it for the theatre and to battle for their side.     Pure scum.    Filth.

24 minutes ago, Cade said:

Boris's response?

"Humbug"

Absolutely horrendous response. 

He is unfit to be PM - no class, no morals. 

He's been humiliated multiple times, hopefully a few more embarrassing moments to come before he's emptied. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

I've watched this since the prick made his statement.     Utterly sick to death now of watching these pseudo-intellectual,  grotesque creatures on the government benches.    Half of them only take part in it for the theatre and to battle for their side.     Pure scum.    Filth.

This.

Parliament has resumed and sadly nothing has changed.

Tory MP this time begs Boris to stop using terms like "surrender" and "traitor"

Boris' response?

"I never said that"

YOU SAID IT AN HOUR AGO YA DICK

Edited by Cade

For some balance,   I really wish people on the opposite benches would refrain from thinking they're adding value to the debate by asking him to apologise for the 17th time.      Question asked 16 times.     Not apologising guys.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
11 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m getting to that stage as well.

Anything goes.

I'm sure the tories would use that political capital. They could highlight his establishment role and ask if that's why it was swept under the carpet. Double whammy with the elphicke, too. 

13 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I am embarrassed , mortified in fact.  To be clear I have never actually voted for this version of the government or Boris johnson, no one has and I voted remain.   But the Scottish wing of that party is the best chance of stopping independence and so I will vote for them.  Literally nothing they do is worse, in my eyes, than independence and if that destroys the country so be it. 

And before you all pile in ask yourselves if you would be prepared to see Scotland suffer for the dream of independence?  Ri Alban has already been big enough to admit he would.  

And finally, hand on heart, I believe Labours domestic policies under Corbyn will leave more people suffering longer term that the domestic Conservative polices.  I say domestic because clearly no deal is a cluster****.  

I dont even think thats a consideration now. Given the devastation Brexit is likely to bring, how could an outward looking EU member with the resources Scotland has (& no Westminster round our necks forcing us to pay for aircraft carriers, underground systems, huge debt payments and nuclear bombs etc) be any worse than being part of the UKOK project trying to strike trade deals with India, USA & Ukraine?

independence is just NORMAL. Wanting another country to run your own affairs (& seeing on TV just how they do it and STILL endorse it) is just weird IMO. 

Its brexit supporters who crave English independence & to hell with the consequences. 

English populist nationalism & the fandans in Scotland who brown nose them are why we are here in the first place. 

Scottish independence is the cure for all that. 

Suffer? How can we possibly suffer more if we go down with the brexit ship?

Brighton Jambo
20 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I dont even think thats a consideration now. Given the devastation Brexit is likely to bring, how could an outward looking EU member with the resources Scotland has (& no Westminster round our necks forcing us to pay for aircraft carriers, underground systems, huge debt payments and nuclear bombs etc) be any worse than being part of the UKOK project trying to strike trade deals with India, USA & Ukraine?

independence is just NORMAL. Wanting another country to run your own affairs (& seeing on TV just how they do it and STILL endorse it) is just weird IMO. 

Its brexit supporters who crave English independence & to hell with the consequences. 

English populist nationalism & the fandans in Scotland who brown nose them are why we are here in the first place. 

Scottish independence is the cure for all that. 

Suffer? How can we possibly suffer more if we go down with the brexit ship?

That wasn’t what I asked.  What if we end up having another referendum on Brexit and vote to remain.  

In that scenario independence would could significant upheaval and economic shock to Scotland which would, by SNP’s own estimation, years to recover from.  

I assume you would still want independence to happen despite that? Yes or no will do! 

P.s.  Those aircraft carriers have kept at least 7000 people employed in Scotland for over a decade. Many of whom have skills that are not easily transferable.  I should know I was one.  In your vision for Scotland could you explain what you would do to provide work for those people?  

I’m speechless.  I can’t believe Boris went there re Jo Cox.  Disgusting.

Jo was a victim of the divisive social and political environment in the UK created by right wing fantasists like him and Farage.  He should be ashamed.

7 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Jo was a victim of the divisive social and political environment in the UK created by right wing fantasists like him and Farage.  He should be ashamed.

In the explosive atmosphere that was in the commons last night, that comment by Boris just added petrol to the fire.

He's a shock jock, it's his style, he's always likely to come out with some comment or other which many will find offensive, but even for him that was a step too far.

Brighton Jambo
12 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

It’s disgusting, that man is simply not fit for office.  History will not be kind to him to say the least.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )