Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

29 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I've mentioned this before. I make no apology for mentioning it again.

Somehow, you're a Liverpool supporter who supported Thatcher and supports No Deal Brexit. That is to say: you're a Liverpool supporter while simultaneously hating the city of Liverpool. wanting its people to suffer and who rejoices in their suffering. There is no other explanation. Try mentioning your curious politics in Liverpool and see how other people react.

I'm not even saying this to have a pop, by the way. I'm highlighting it because it's completely bewildering. It's like someone from Detroit cheering the devastation of the car industry there. Or someone from Newcastle cheering the destruction of heavy industry. Or someone from Wales celebrating the impoverishment of the entire country. It's absurd. But for you to be a Liverpool supporter while having your politics requires lashings and lashings of this thing called... cognitive dissonance.

Watching you on the last few pages desperately trying to square your prejudices with reality has been, well, quite the spectacle. It always is with No Deal Brexiteers. At what point you're going to wake up and have the humility to admit "you know what? I got this wrong. I got something big wrong", I have no idea. I realise hell will probably have to freeze over first. 

Brexit is a shitshow. An absolute shitshow. And the reason it's a shitshow is because it's not and has never been based on facts, or anything even on the same planet as reality. Brexiteers keep smashing into reality and keep blaming it on everyone else. Looking at themselves and realising they got it wrong is, clearly, beyond terrifying to them. As though their entire world will come crashing around their ears if they ever do. 

What will it be next, Seymour? You support the Tories because they're the party of the economy? You support the Tories because they're the party of law and order? This is a party which actively wants to lay waste to the UK economy and isn't interested in following the law unless it involves locking up the poor. It's a party which deserves to die, and couldn't possibly be less patriotic if it tried. In any other democracy not named the USA, the Prime Minister would now be required - including by his own party - to resign. For misleading the sovereign and trying to break the law for nakedly political purposes. But this is the Banana Republic of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - so let's have a bunch of excuses, distractions and drivel instead. 

Sure you're not confusing the Tory Party with Labour and Corbyn? If he were to get into power the description you give of this country will be a reality 

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So what Law has been broken here? I'll stick a quote in from a constitutional law expert here as it's above my pay grade.

"There is no law that says Parliament must be in continuous session, and no law which lays down what reasons a government may or may not properly take into account in deciding to prorogue Parliament."

That's the fun of an unwritten constitution, I suppose.

Certainly, underlying constitutional principles of good governance, separation of powers and checks between branches are important and ought to be considered "above" any statutory act. It has long been held that the government being accountable to Parliament, especially the Commons, is part of the constitutional order, but it's not written anywhere in  That's also why there's no legal penalty for breaching them; rather, in accordance with convention one might resign for doing so.

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

So he/she must think the Supreme Court is wrong.

:facepalm:

I mean, I've directly criticised decisions the Supreme Court in the US has made and I'm just some pissant of a former lawyer who has one trial to his name :lol: Although, to be fair I've never been outwardly critical of a unanimous, completely obvious under the constitutional order, decision.

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What law was broken? Genuine question. 

Think of Johnson's act as tearing at the fabric of the UK, because that's what the constitution is. It's far more serious and solemn than the breaking of a simple statute.

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

No law has been broken. Hence why the same point doesn't stand. [Illegal and unlawful] don't mean the same thing.

True but for all intents and purposes they're interchangeable imo.

Amber Rudd.

Cabinet not consulted re prorogation.

Cabinet told legal advice would support.

Cabinet members asked to see legal advice.

Cabinet members never saw legal advice.

Further evidence that this is a gangster cabal government of micro management.    Puppet cabinet sidelined.    The whole show being run by a tiny number of maniacs (BJ,  JRM,  Leadsom,  Patel and the weirdo).

Hell ****ing mend Rudd though.     Another one who should never again darken the doors of power.     

You might think that Jon Snow,  with all his vast skill and experience,  would know all too well that his viewers want to hear his guests speak,   rather than Jon Snow speaking.

Time lag on the link Jon?      You say as little as possible and let the guest speak as much as possible.     Dickhead.

Edited by Victorian

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Sister of JRM trying to set the hounds on the 11 justices by questioning their referendum vote choices.

Pure and utter scumbag.

As you say a scumbag.

18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Sister of JRM trying to set the hounds on the 11 justices by questioning their referendum vote choices.

Pure and utter scumbag.

Why would that matter Annunziata(sp)? JRM stayed categorically that this case was regarding the queens speech and had nothing to do with Brexit. 

3 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Why would that matter Annunziata(sp)? JRM stayed categorically that this case was regarding the queens speech and had nothing to do with Brexit. 

He did, didn't he? Karma!!

27 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Quite.     

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Magic, you've found a loophole that the highest court in the land unanimously couldn't see.

You should tell them, you'll save the day, probably be on the telly. 

I think I saw him on the telly already, referring to Joris Bohnson. 

3 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Funny to see Comrade Corbyn state that the unelected PM should resign. I take it he is conveniently forgetting an unelected Gordon Brown taking over from Blair. 

I don't think Corbyn gave Brown his unstinting support, did he?

2 hours ago, Cade said:

The leaders of the free world

3500.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

:gok:

Both getting impeached together, so at least they can write postcards to each other to share their experiences.

2 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Sure you're not confusing the Tory Party with Labour and Corbyn? If he were to get into power the description you give of this country will be a reality 

Prime Minister tries to break the law. Attorney General gives him wrong legal advice. On the most important issue facing the UK since 1945. And how do you respond?

BUT CORBYN!!!!

Beyond parody. 

39 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I don't think Corbyn gave Brown his unstinting support, did he?

No I doubt it. The point I was making that just as Corbyn has issues with Conservatives and the way in which they elected their leader the same could be said of Labour. 

Brown was definitely a coronation.    He faced much less of a leadership contest than the Tory shambles.    In hindsight,   Brown was an awful PM.      He had a terrible manner and routinely treated colleagues poorly.     Blair sidelined his cabinet but Brown had contempt for his.      

22 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Prime Minister tries to break the law. Attorney General gives him wrong legal advice. On the most important issue facing the UK since 1945. And how do you respond?

BUT CORBYN!!!!

Beyond parody. 

I am not ignoring that I was merely commenting on the fact that what you thought of the Conservatives aptly described Labour. 

3 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Has someone managed to wake Rees Mogg up from his opium coma yet?  

He'll be up in Parliament early tomorrow 

Could be fun

Parliament will be a riotous pantomime.    Opposition benches will be in giddy uproar.    Treasury benches will be subdued and contemptuous.     Whichever talking mannequin the government puts up to face the music will talk a load of shite and not answer anything.     A few retorts about Hezbollah or anti-semitism and the treasury benches will bray like rabid donkeys for a bit.      

Edited by Victorian

22 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Lovely, really ignorant way to speak to a fellow Hearts supporter. 

You see the wee winky smiley I put at the end - that means it was a joke

But hey, as you've become so serious, let me put across my viewpoint to you. I love hearing constructive debate from folk across the political spectrum - although I lean to the left I'm a one-nation type of guy. However, you as a poster almost never offer constructive debate on here when it comes to political discussions. It's almost as if you're chanting a mantra from a pre-written songsheet. It goes nowhere. It's about as echo chambery as you can get. You're not the only one, granted, but it does make me sad that your views are so one-dimensional and so closed. I just hope that you're more open-minded as regards your non-political views.

There, I hope you enjoyed my further ignorant input, you fellow Jambo you. ;) <- There's another one.

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He'll be up in Parliament early tomorrow 

Could be fun

Aye, he’ll be quoting Alfred the Great.  The bus drivers of Stoke will be lapping it all up.

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hole in one Shaun!!!

He's mistaking me for someone who gives a shit what he has to say. That's why he's on ignore 

3 hours ago, Cade said:

The leaders of the free world

3500.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

:gok:

for some weird reason, the theme tune to laurel & hardy just popped into my head.

can't think why 😁

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Ian Blackford is best described as 'giddy uproar' 

I agree with you on this. 

I expect a bombastic, tweetable series of tub thumping nonsense. 

Watch out for Bercow.

He's a man on a mission and I suspect he'll be gold over the next few weeks.👍

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Watch out for Bercow.

He's a man on a mission and I suspect he'll be gold over the next few weeks.👍

the only person in the house capable of running the country..

7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Ian Blackford is best described as 'giddy uproar' 

I agree with you on this. 

I expect a bombastic, tweetable series of tub thumping nonsense. 

I like Blackford but I dont think he’s ever had one single question of his answered with a straight answer. Your lot just ignore him and yak on about staying part of the UK or getting on with the day job or some shite. 

Not to worry though, SNP wont be there much longer to spread truth & grown up politics. 

Tick tock. 

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the only person in the house capable of running the country..

He couldn’t be any worse than Johnson or Corbyn.

9 hours ago, redjambo said:

You see the wee winky smiley I put at the end - that means it was a joke

But hey, as you've become so serious, let me put across my viewpoint to you. I love hearing constructive debate from folk across the political spectrum - although I lean to the left I'm a one-nation type of guy. However, you as a poster almost never offer constructive debate on here when it comes to political discussions. It's almost as if you're chanting a mantra from a pre-written songsheet. It goes nowhere. It's about as echo chambery as you can get. You're not the only one, granted, but it does make me sad that your views are so one-dimensional and so closed. I just hope that you're more open-minded as regards your non-political views.

There, I hope you enjoyed my further ignorant input, you fellow Jambo you. ;) <- There's another one.

Apologies I appreciate it was light hearted but please also understand that my reply was not meant to be taken in the way it was written. I appreciate that I can come across as closed and one dimensional but I am passionate in what I believe in but as I said before I appreciate there are other points of view on here and that this forum represents a broad spectrum of opinions. Please also understand that I am in the middle of the political spectrum and approachable and open minded. HHGH

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Daily Express and Daily Mail Headlines.

They’re seething.

what a surprise.

:illogical::pleasing:

Exactly what I expected from that rag and from the supporter of Hitler. 

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They’re seething.

what a surprise.

At the UK justice system or the incompetence of the government and it's legal team because they practically turned up as they do all the time now with their  'blank sheet of paper approach' 

But then of course only need to go running to Murdoch papers.....

35 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They’re seething.

what a surprise.

Why would they be?

They're all about the law being upheld, right?

They hold the sovereignty of parliament above everything else, right?

Proroguation was never about Brexit anyway, right?

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Why would they be?

They're all about the law being upheld, right?

They hold the sovereignty of parliament above everything else, right?

Proroguation was never about Brexit anyway, right?

:thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Actually lold 

Me too... could even hear Ardal O'Hanlon's voice in my head when reading it. :rofl:

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They’re seething.

what a surprise.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

At the UK justice system or the incompetence of the government and it's legal team because they practically turned up as they do all the time now with their  'blank sheet of paper approach' 

But then of course only need to go running to Murdoch papers.....

I imagine that the Express is very upset that no one has been held to account for Princess Diana's death. 

The Mail likely to be seething 5 days out of 5 - could be about anything. 

The privileged choosing what laws or court judgements they agree with carries some risks. 

Ordinary people shifting from being generally law abiding, which they are to deciding to disregard the law would be interesting. There are certainly a lot of opportunities. 

You see this in places like Iran where militias have developed who follow their own rules. 

Brighton Jambo

Interesting debate on the radio this morning.  Given he had been found guilty of acting unlawfully once with no real personal consequence will BJ just think **** it and force us out with no deal on 31st October.  Let’s face it, he would never be jailed, he would need to resign but to 17.2 million people he would become the hero/martyr who sacrificed himself for brexit.

I think he’s crazy enough to do it as he knows once we out we are out and then the game is permanently changed.  

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Interesting debate on the radio this morning.  Given he had been found guilty of acting unlawfully once with no real personal consequence will BJ just think **** it and force us out with no deal on 31st October.  Let’s face it, he would never be jailed, he would need to resign but to 17.2 million people he would become the hero/martyr who sacrificed himself for brexit.

I think he’s crazy enough to do it as he knows once we out we are out and then the game is permanently changed.  

If he tries that, then Parliament would call a no-confidence, win it, he'd be replaced by an interim PM who would apply for the extension then after that we have a GE.

Boris would then be chased through the courts for contempt and end up in tommy robinson's old cell for a few months

Edited by Cade

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

That seems to be the 'cunning' plan. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )