Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

He isn't going to apply for an extension and you know it Said it already today, so you better get your Nipster and Gina Miller witch filing charges quick. 

Leader of Plaid already suggesting if pm goes down that road he should be impeached.

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

Hopefully he won’t see out September as PM. 

Interesting comment from Gauke though.  Despite him being booted from the whip, he said "the country doesn't need another Tory party leadership contest".

Arrogant, or what?

Brighton Jambo

I am getting a bit sick of seeing pictures of various politicians sitting in an empty commons tweeting they are ready to go.

haven't they got anything more productive to be doing.

Seymour M Hersh

So what Law has been broken here? I'll stick a quote in from a constitutional law expert here as it's above my pay grade.

"There is no law that says Parliament must be in continuous session, and no law which lays down what reasons a government may or may not properly take into account in deciding to prorogue Parliament."

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I am getting a bit sick of seeing pictures of various politicians sitting in an empty commons tweeting they are ready to go.

You have to ask? :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Yes. They could be sitting in parliament going about their daily commons business in the public interest...

4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

As a commissioned sports journalist?

If he works for the BBC he is supposed to remain neutral irrespective of where he is employed within that organisation 

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

He is a freelancer. He's not under the thumb of the beeb. 

Funny how I hear him on Open All Mics every Saturday then 

1 minute ago, Gorgiewave said:

Dominic Cummings writes:

The central claim (that withdrawal requires further legislation) is wrong.

Leaving on 31 October is the law.

Where does that stand with the bill passing that if no deal was agreed we had to request an extension?

39 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Like a foam party in here with the brexiteers frothing at the mouth.

Yep.  They should move on and get over it.  They lost today 😉😉😉.

Seymour M Hersh
10 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Yes. They could be sitting in parliament going about their daily commons business in the public interest...

Or at the various party conferences that happen this time of year every year when westminster shuts for the duration. 

5 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

A freelancer can work with who ever they want. He's not under contract at the BBC. That's what being a freelancer is. 

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Definitely a freelancer.

Seymour M Hersh
13 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Or of course another thing they could be doing is being in their constituencies talking to and helping the people who elected them. But hey, why would you miss an opportunity to grandstand like that. 

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Or at the various party conferences that happen this time of year every year when westminster shuts for the duration. 

But Westminster hasn’t been shut down. It is still in session. 

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Only if Boris breaks the law.

You seem to have forgotten about the new law which means that unless he has a deal ratified by the UK and EU parliaments by that date, he is legally bound to apply for an extension.

If he doesn't, he'll be found in contempt of court and sent to jail.

You bash on with your foam-at-the-mouth rabid brexit fantasies.

Unless Parliament revokes Article 50, which the MPs voted for and stood for election in 2017 stating they would abide by the result of the referendum, Britain will leave on 31 Oct 19. All these attempts by Joanna Cherry and Gina Miller have been nothing less than efforts to delay and stop Brexit. The MPs aren't stupid. A large amount of Labour constituencies voted to Leave the EU  and they know that when push comes to shove they will be out of a job if they prevent Brexit by acting undemocratically and denying a the will of a public vote. Those MPs advocating Remain such as Swinson are hypocritical in that they claim to represent democracy yet will happily ignore the result of the Referendum and in some cases have switched parties yet denied their constituencies the right to have another vote to accept that switch. People are very selective in what they regard as democracy 

Edited by Class of 75

5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Definitely a freelancer.

Still takes a cheque from the BBC which is a public body and requests that all employees remain neutral 

Edited by Class of 75

7 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

A freelancer can work with who ever they want. He's not under contract at the BBC. That's what being a freelancer is. 

Yes but if he was asked to give his political views whilst working for the BBC I am sure it would be frowned upon. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I appreciate not a direct employee in the sense that he does not operate under contract however whilst working there he will be bound by their rules freelance or not. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Or of course another thing they could be doing is being in their constituencies talking to and helping the people who elected them. But hey, why would you miss an opportunity to grandstand like that. 

A decision was planned to be made today regarding the legality of The proroguement (if that’s a word). They will have been acting on the possibility of parliament opening today. Therefore they should be available to sit, particularly in a period of significant time constraint, to serve their constituents. 

Now I'm not sure which mp’s have been “grandstanding”, but surely it can’t be expected that northern mp’s can be expected to head back to their constituents only to come back tomorrow? Or they could remain in London, get themselves a little bit of publicity and tend to their constituents affairs remotely. 

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, gjcc said:

A decision was planned to be made today regarding the legality of The proroguement (if that’s a word). They will have been acting on the possibility of parliament opening today. Therefore they should be available to sit, particularly in a period of significant time constraint, to serve their constituents. 

Now I'm not sure which mp’s have been “grandstanding”, but surely it can’t be expected that northern mp’s can be expected to head back to their constituents only to come back tomorrow? Or they could remain in London, get themselves a little bit of publicity and tend to their constituents affairs remotely. 

The ones taking selfies in parliament and in taxis en route. 

18865550-7498519-Labour_MP_Stephen_Doughty_shared_a_photograph_of_himself_in_the_-a-61_1569326885210.jpg

18865560-0-Labour_s_Barry_Sheerman_shared_an_image_of_himself_sat_in_parlia-a-14_1569328296876.jpg

18865562-7498519-Carolyn_Harris_posts_a_selfie_from_inside_the_House-a-65_1569326885216.jpg

18865564-7498519-Tom_Tugenhadt-a-55_1569326885074.jpg

18865566-7498519-Luciana_Berger-a-58_1569326885193.jpg

18865570-7498519-Former_Green_Party_leader_Caroline_Lucas-a-62_1569326885211.jpg

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

The Real Maroonblood
36 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So what Law has been broken here? I'll stick a quote in from a constitutional law expert here as it's above my pay grade.

"There is no law that says Parliament must be in continuous session, and no law which lays down what reasons a government may or may not properly take into account in deciding to prorogue Parliament."

So he/she must think the Supreme Court is wrong.

:facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I appreciate not a direct employee in the sense that he does not operate under contract however whilst working there he will be bound by their rules freelance or not. 

So you accept he can't be sacked like you said he should be then. Great.

Edited by Taffin

The ones taking selfies in parliament and in taxis en route. 

I’m not doubting it’s happened. It was the same antics the day after the Parliament was illegally prorogued. I just meant I hadn’t seen any. 

Sky News has seen a document from the Attorney General Geoffrey Cox which states that his advice to the Government was that the prorogation of parliament was LEGAL.

Kier Starmer saying that the AG position is now untenable and he must resign.

P.S.  Strange how this document has come to light now, methinks the AG has just been thrown under the bus and is being made the scapegoat.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

The Mighty Thor

The brexshitter types aren't taking this sand in their snatch very well.

what's the latest totem? leave means leave? deal or no deal? 

It's really enjoyable and hopefully Baw Jaws will comtinue to be led by the winkie by Cummings and he'll blunder into his next cluster****.

:glorious:

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, gjcc said:

I’m not doubting it’s happened. It was the same antics the day after the Parliament was illegally prorogued. I just meant I hadn’t seen any. 

What law was broken? Genuine question. 

The Continental Op
5 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Boris booked his New York flights through Thomas Cook.  He won’t be back this week.,.

If I was Trump, I'd keep Boris in the USA a bit longer - to make him appear competent in comparison.

Brighton Jambo
35 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Or given they can’t do that today why not go and meet some their constituents rather than posting meaningless and repetitive photos.

The English High Court was quite correct:

Parliament is not governed by Laws.

It runs on tradition and custom and accepted practice.

This made it impossible for English law to identify what exactly had been done wrong.

It falls to the Supreme Court to act as the constitutional court.

This court has ruled that prorogation usually happens in a different way.

Boris' dictatorial ways run contrary to this established way of ending a session.

This has now set a legal precedent.

It's now actionable in Law.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Edited by Cade

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

You’ll have to ask Lady Hale and co for the ins and outs of that one I’m afraid. 

The decision to advise Her Majesty to prorogue Parliament was unlawful because it had the effect of frustrating or preventing the ability of Parliament to carry out its constitutional functions without reasonable justification."

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I think the UK government missed a trick. They should have hired your pal/or you. So you could just go into court and say "Whit law has been broken, your honours, Genuine question, Eh?"

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Semantics. To my knowledge they ruled it unlawful.

How can it be semantics if there is no in place to break then surely no law has been broken. 

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Or given they can’t do that today why not go and meet some their constituents rather than posting meaningless and repetitive photos.

Sure let the SNP MPs head back up the road to briefly meet constituents late this evening to then go down again early tomorrow to sit. 

Constituents affairs can be tended to remotely more effectively in an office than it can on public transport. So what if they took 5 minutes out of their day to gloat. :lol: 

How can it be semantics if there is no in place to break then surely no law has been broken. 

Because you're calling a guy out where he's incorrectly using the word illegal.

They didn't rule it illegal, they ruled it unlawful.

Edited by Taffin

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, ri Alban said:

I think the UK government missed a trick. They should have hired your pal/or you. So you could just go into court and say "Whit law has been broken, your honours, Genuine question, Eh?"

I don't know the expert in question I read his opinion online. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It would appear he needs a new career.

He's very very successful. So I think his career choice was a good one. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Because you're calling a guy out for incorrectly using the word illegal.

They didn't rule it illegal, they ruled it unlawful.

My mistake but the same point stands whether the word is unlawful or illegal surely? What law has been broken? I wasn't "calling him out" either just asking him a question. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

My mistake but the same point stands whether the word is unlawful or illegal surely? What law has been broken?

No law has been broken. Hence why the same point doesn't stand. They don't mean the same thing.

Edited by Taffin

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He's very very successful. So I think his career choice was a good one. 

Well he should get in touch with the Supreme Court judges and tell them off.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )