• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Facepalms all round

What a shocking three years this has been. Honestly. I doubt parliament will truly recover from all this, or not for years

On the contrary, I think this has been very positive for the power of Parliament in its role in holding the Government to account. Also, the general public are now more aware of and have taken a greater interest in the workings of Parliament, and now the Supreme Court. That can't be harmful to democracy.

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Q1.    What progress has been made on producing the Queen's Speech?

**** all?

Well that's strange.

Because that takes 5 weeks obviously.

::troll::

Jacob Rees-Mogg, Baroness Evans and Mark Spencer, the chief whip, were the privy councillors who directly and unlawfully advised the Queen.

So that really should be up to 5 resignations now.

Edited by DETTY29

Brighton Jambo

To be clear I am a remainer and want to remain.  

However I just read an interesting piece online that made the point this court case was never truly about suspending parliament it was the latest in a long line of ardent remainer ways to stifle the ability of the government to get the outcome of the 2016 delivered.

before people have a go it’s not my view just an interesting point, we all seem full of righteous indignation about democracy except when it comes to fulfilling the outcome of the largest democratic vote in our nations history!! Just a thought! 

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

However I just read an interesting piece online that made the point this court case was never truly about suspending parliament it was the latest in a long line of ardent remainer ways to stifle the ability of the government to get the outcome of the 2016 delivered.

before people have a go it’s not my view just an interesting point, we all seem full of righteous indignation about democracy except when it comes to fulfilling the outcome of the largest democratic vote in our nations history!! Just a thought! 

yes, but that's bollocks

:conspiracy:

carry on

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

He should get the sack for that. He is meant to be politically neutral. 

He is a freelancer. He's not under the thumb of the beeb. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
27 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg, Baroness Evans and Mark Spencer, the chief whip, were the privy councillors who directly and unlawfully advised the Queen.

So that really should be up to 5 resignations now.

Rees- Mogg likes to recline but I can't see him wanting to resign unfortunately. Those pulling Boris's strings are equally culpable in all this!

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Just a shame these establishment remoaners can't change the referendum result. 

Aye it’s terrible.

:P

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Just a shame these establishment remoaners can't change the referendum result. 

Boris making that more likely. 

Pro Brexit MPs are the ones who have so far stopped Brexit. 

Unbelievable scenes. 

Pro hard brexit MPs are the ones who have ****ed this whole process. Of course the pro remainers are going fight this this to the bitter end. Doubt if the result was otherwise pro leavers wouldnt have stopped their campaign to leave. 

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Link please I want to enjoy?

At least one big relief in the Brexit saga: the rule of law in the UK is alive & kicking. Parliaments should never be silenced in a real democracy. I never want to hear Boris Johnson or any other Brexiteer say again that the European Union is undemocratic.

34 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The thing is the Brexit referendum was advisory (I’m not sure if that’s the legal term for it) not binding.

We are in a representative democracy.  We elect people to make decisions for us - MPs could have made up their own minds to disregard the referendum result and vote against Brexit.

Or they could have put in a qualifier like the ‘79 devolution vote and made it so that at least 40% (or whatever) of the entire electorate had to vote ‘out’.

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Boris making that more likely. 

Pro Brexit MPs are the ones who have so far stopped Brexit. 

How is it likely? 31st October is the deadline. The Nipster better get the EU into the court next and not BoJo. Just a shame it will be all over by then. There is going to be no extension of Article 50 and there is nothing they can do about it. 

They could have called an election but chickened out!

Edited by JackLadd

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

How is it likely? 31st October is the deadline. The Nipster better get the EU into the court next and not BoJo. Just a shame it will be all over by then. There is going to be no extension of Article 50 and there is nothing they can do about it. 

They could have called an election but chickened out!

:cornette_dog:

AlphonseCapone
10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Some cracking breakdowns on the last 2 pages from the Brexit extremists on JKB.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

It’s laughable.

The arsehole is in New York giving his best after dinner banter to the masses with a big smile on his face.  Get yer arse back and face the music ya ****ing clown.

How in the **** can the prime minister of this country be in New York just now when such important court rulings and 31st of october deadline is looming large? 

7 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The referendum vote was leave, you know that right? Just checking. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

General Election = no Brexit = no indyref2 - well played Krankie -Blackwood and Cherry -  smashin :greggy:

The Mighty Thor

Are the executive showing any remorse?

Are they ****. They're doubling down.

Steve Baker alluding that the givt will go for a 'lawful' prorogation again as soon as possible and under no circumstances should Boris 'man of the people' Johnson resign, beause he is trying to deliver the 'will of the people' which was apparently for exit, deal or no deal.

Hopefully the lying ***** has a really shit journey back to face the music.

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

General Election = no Brexit = no indyref2 - well played Krankie -Blackwood and Cherry -  smashin :greggy:

Could well be a Nipster own goal. She needs a no deal to herd her sheep.  

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Chucked it.    If ever it was unchucked.

10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

How in the **** can the prime minister of this country be in New York just now when such important court rulings and 31st of october deadline is looming large? 

He would have been there anyways even if Parliament was sitting.

It's the UN General Assembly.

37 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

There is going to be no extension of Article 50 and there is nothing they can do about it. 

Only if Boris breaks the law.

You seem to have forgotten about the new law which means that unless he has a deal ratified by the UK and EU parliaments by that date, he is legally bound to apply for an extension.

If he doesn't, he'll be found in contempt of court and sent to jail.

You bash on with your foam-at-the-mouth rabid brexit fantasies.

Edited by Cade

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

The extreme right-wing MPs said the court of session wasn't impartial. I take it this means the high court isn't impartial, instead? 

2 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The extreme right-wing MPs said the court of session wasn't impartial. I take it this means the high court isn't impartial, instead? 

Nah.  Just means they were full of shit as per usual.

First thing on Boris' agenda in the Commons tomorrow?

A request for a recess for the Tory party conference.

:rofl:

He'll lose that vote too and have to have his wee conference at the same time as conducting Parliamentary business, as the SNP have to do every year.

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

Only if Boris breaks the law.

You seem to have forgotten about the new law which means that unless he has a deal ratified by the UK and EU parliaments by that date, he is legally bound to apply for an extension.

If he doesn't, he'll be found in contempt of court and sent to jail.

You bash on with your foam-at-the-mouth rabid brexit fantasies.

He isn't going to apply for an extension and you know it Said it already today, so you better get your Nipster and Gina Miller witch filing charges quick. 

28 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The non-binding referendum vote was leave, you know that right? Just checking. 

Fixed that for you, Ladd.

No need to thank me.

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

He isn't going to apply for an extension and you know it Said it already today, so you better get your Nipster and Gina Miller witch filing charges quick. 

Remember!!! Don't put Lego up yer nose, it's very dangerous!

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )