Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

shaun.lawson

So... Brexit's still going well I see. :mellow:

My advice to the good Scottish people: run, Scotland! Run for the hills! 

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Deal has been the default position since Westminster voted to trigger Article 50 almost 2 and a half years ago. 

The faux outrage now is a bit rich when it has always been in Westminster gift to either agree a deal or revoke Article 50.

It's done neither so here we are.  There is still time for Parliament to delay or revoke if they have the will.

Make no mistake Boris is a complete chancer working solely  for his own benefit, but he's not the only one.

Scottish Tory sources said an announcement was imminent. Davidson was “considering her position”, one source added, although he stressed it was not connected to Johnson’s decision to prorogue parliament.

What with the government's claims that the prorogation itself has nothing to do with Brexit, do these guys think we are stupid or something?

dobmisterdobster
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Papers already submitted in courts both in Scotland and England to pause the shutdown of Parliament pending a review of the legality.

No time to waste on this.

The unelected Prime Minister is asking the unelected Head of State to shut down the democratically elected Parliament in order to force through a pet project.

Anybody not seeing the problem with this is an idiot.

Behave. No court in the land is going to block a bog standard Queen's Speech.

maroonlegions

The Tory no deal begins. The real reason any no deal or any deal to leave the EU is now showing its true colors, black as coal.  EU protected rights  that cover  pay and working conditions, terms of contracts of employment, sick pay, holiday pay are under real threat and Boris and people like him know it. The 1% must be partying , the few are having a party the many are just shitting it.

In regards to leaked documents, their vultures and mega rich shareholders are beginning to see the island of Britain as an isolated  cash cow.

The idea of teachers using "reasonable force" to discipline kids is vague enough to skirt around the fact that it's illegal to abuse children but enough of a dog whistle to fire up supporters who think the everything was fine "back in their day".

But for the more discerning Tory voter, Johnson is also offering to accelerate the privatisation of our education system.

Offering companies £24k handouts to take over schools and forcing more schools to convert into academies.

dcd.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

North Berwick Jambo
2 hours ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Imagine being a EU remoaning Nat and wakening up everyday to the news you are leaving the EU and will still be British 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Almost as funny as a unionist who actually still thinks that Scotland will remain part of the UK 🤪

Edited by North Berwick Jambo

Ms high and mighty Davidson seems to forget 38% of Scotland voted to leave despite the 24/7 propaganda from her and her colleagues and media not to do so. Who is going to represent the 38% of Scotland who agreed with England and Wales to leave this corrupt club?

5 week shut down of WM. Oh really, that's plenty of time for Holyrood to run an Indyref2.  Right FM, get yer finger oot.

Edited by ri Alban

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Ms high and mighty Davidson seems to forget 38% of Scotland voted to leave despite the 24/7 propaganda from her and her colleagues and media not to do so. Who is going to represent the 38% of Scotland who agreed with England and Wales to leave this corrupt club?

"High and mighty" just because she seems to be making a decision based on her principles? That's a new one on me.

There are 13 Tory MPs in Scotland in total - take your pick of who is going to represent you.

6 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

The bottom line is the big House must stay open.

So that's it finished. Every government that spits the dummy from now on, shuts parliament. I thought brexit was to return sovereignty to Wm.

Edited by ri Alban

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

So that's it finished. Every government that spits the dummy from now on, shuts parliament. I thought brexit was to return sovereignty to Wm.

This.

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

"High and mighty" just because she seems to be making a decision based on her principles? That's a new one on me.

There are 13 Tory MPs in Scotland in total - take your pick of who is going to represent you.

If she was resigning on principles she'd be gone already, I suspect this is a foot stomping and PR exercise, but I would have her removed as leader. She can go and join with the likes of the odious Anna Soubry in Change UK or whatever it's called.  A Jezzbollah enabling subversive group. 

Edited by JackLadd

Who_put_the_ball_in...
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If you’re from N.Ireland, yer no British, yer Irish. Unlucky. 

I think someone needs a geography lesson. Unlucky 

1 minute ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Great Britain and Northern Ireland. 

37 minutes ago, redjambo said:

What with the government's claims that the prorogation itself has nothing to do with Brexit, do these guys think we are stupid or something?

Yes they do

An idiot does not understand the consequences of his actions..just like those who voted for Brexit and just like those who are now trying to lie and cheat their way to a no deal knowing full well this is not what the country voted for..the move is for their interests not the country's

You can put your head in the sand all you want Brexiteers but this is a step too far

I'll say it again they will do anything to get Brexit through and who cares about the consequences

11 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

You obviously failed Foundation Geography, Mick. 

:gok:

57 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

No Deal has been the default position since Westminster voted to trigger Article 50 almost 2 and a half years ago. 

The faux outrage now is a bit rich when it has always been in Westminster gift to either agree a deal or revoke Article 50.

It's done neither so here we are.  There is still time for Parliament to delay or revoke if they have the will.

Make no mistake Boris is a complete chancer working solely  for his own benefit, but he's not the only one.

This post deserves not to be ignored...

Who_put_the_ball_in...
5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You obviously failed Foundation Geography, Mick. 

:gok:

Unusual then that I would hold a British passport 

2 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

UK passport. SimpleMick

2 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

A U.K. passport maybe. Like this. You’re from the “And Northern Ireland” bit, not the “Great Britain” bit, therefore, you’re Irish, Declan.

9C3C4ADE-8A0D-4A33-A422-A23EE0B232F9.jpeg.84ff0bebbe5e3726513ed7c04b4d96e5.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Nae bother, Conor!

36 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Kudos to Ruth. But Nicola has to take the highest ground here.

It’s all opening up for her now with fat Ruth out the picture. She can only **** this up !

Brighton Jambo

Faux outrage is the right term.  Labour and the SNP and the Could have averted no deal three times and chose not to.  

I dont want to leave and certainly not on a no deal basis but THREE times we had a chance to avoid this and three times opposition parties chose, for their own political ends, not to do that.

They carry as much blame as anyone for this mess. 

2 minutes ago, Lee_Mellon said:

This post deserves not to be ignored...

There are chancers on all sides to be fair.  Corbyn has switched his position for opportunism where he thinks it will get him into No. 10 while throwing his Scottish party leader under a bus.

The SNP are consistent in not respecting referendum results.

The Lib Dems have a lack of trust for abandoning their manifesto promises to share power with the tories. Like the SNP they don't respect referendum results.

Anyway, looks like this is going to the courts.

1 hour ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Totally agree with you on this one. Personally am sick and tired of the whole Brexit debacle. I just want the whole thing over with so let's just bring it on. It's been three years that we have been talking about it for now and we are no further forward and nobody actually knows for certain what's going to happen. Yes it's not going to be pretty but at least we can get back to normal and the MPs can get back to doing whatever it was that they did before Brexit came along....

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

It’s all opening up for her now with fat Ruth out the picture. She can only **** this up !

She's too fond of being FM, boab. She may have to be removed. 

We all knew this was coming and she's sat on her hands. Ian Blackford might have to take her on.

shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

A U.K. passport maybe. Like this. You’re from the “And Northern Ireland” bit, not the “Great Britain” bit, therefore, you’re Irish, Declan.

9C3C4ADE-8A0D-4A33-A422-A23EE0B232F9.jpeg.84ff0bebbe5e3726513ed7c04b4d96e5.jpeg

Someone is not just British if they come from Great Britain. They're also British if they want to be British and come from Northern Ireland. Just like Falkland Islanders and Gibraltarians are British too.

He's British. 

shaun.lawson
7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Faux outrage is the right term.  Labour and the SNP and the Could have averted no deal three times and chose not to.  

I dont want to leave and certainly not on a no deal basis but THREE times we had a chance to avoid this and three times opposition parties chose, for their own political ends, not to do that.

May's deal was a complete joke and gave sovereignty away. The idea that anyone voted for that is for the birds.

Where I'd agree with you, though, is on the indicative votes: where Parliament still couldn't come to an agreement, and on which rabid Remainers rejected all sensible compromise. Corbyn, meanwhile, put down amendments for a second referendum. These were also rejected by a bunch of complete clowns.

Edited by shaun.lawson

annushorribilis III
3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Why should they support a deal that bears no relation to what Leave campaigned on ?  Where's the £350M daily  for the NHS  , membership of single market, the managed departure ? 

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There are chancers on all sides to be fair.  Corbyn has switched his position for opportunism where he thinks it will get him into No. 10 while throwing his Scottish party leader under a bus.

The SNP are consistent in not respecting referendum results.

The Lib Dems have a lack of trust for abandoning their manifesto promises to share power with the tories. Like the SNP they don't respect referendum results.

Anyway, looks like this is going to the courts.

Scotland voted No because of EU membership guarantees, Scotland voted remain. Scotland voted SNP. 

C'mon Frank!

4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Someone is not just British if they come from Great Britain. They're also British if they want to be British and come from Northern Ireland. Just like Falkland Islanders and Gibraltarians are British too.

He's British. 

Irish!

He's British. 

Piss off Lawson :rofl:

He's British. 

Spoilsport. Don't you recognise a wind-up when you see one? ;)

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Piss off Lawson :rofl:

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D 

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

We all knew this was coming and she's sat on her hands. Ian Blackford might have to take her on.

As a non-SNP member/supporter, I don't mind her at all. I think she definitely has statesperson qualities.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

As a non-SNP member/supporter, I don't mind her at all. I think she definitely has statesperson qualities.

I like her, but I'm a bit miffed, Red.

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

:D 

:laugh2:

11 minutes ago, jamb0_1874 said:

Totally agree with you on this one. Personally am sick and tired of the whole Brexit debacle. I just want the whole thing over with so let's just bring it on. It's been three years that we have been talking about it for now and we are no further forward and nobody actually knows for certain what's going to happen. Yes it's not going to be pretty but at least we can get back to normal and the MPs can get back to doing whatever it was that they did before Brexit came along....

Yeah, we've been waiting far too long. Who cares if we don't know what's on the other side and who bothers about spending time to make arrangements to minimise the damage when we jump, let's just do it and jump off that cliff! Who's with me?! It will be a hoot! And then we can just get on with life...

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

This is her chance though.

From a completely separate, cynical, viewpoint...they are all feckin chancers. There have been some truly great statemen in the past. How on earth we have allowed these clowns to run the gaff is beyond me.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I like her, but I'm a bit miffed, Red.

At what exactly? What do you think she should have done or should do?

shaun.lawson
Just now, Boab said:

This is her chance though.

From a completely separate, cynical, viewpoint...they are all feckin chancers. There have been some truly great statemen in the past. How on earth we have allowed these clowns to run the gaff is beyond me.

It's the same across the world. Where are the great leaders now? Merkel's on her way out and is unpopular at home in any case. There's no-one else.

This is what happens when an entire economic system sends wealth higher and higher and locks out anyone who doesn't inherit it or isn't interested in shafting everyone else for a quick buck. You end up with an entire political class who have nothing in common with ordinary people. 

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

At what exactly? What do you think she should have done or should do?

Quite. Once the polls consistently show 60% plus in favour - by which I mean, over a period of at least six months to a year - go for it. But they haven't. Astonishingly few polls have shown any majority for it at all.

Who_put_the_ball_in...
18 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

He's British. 

Exactly pretty sure that’s not an Irish passport

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )