Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Just now, ri Alban said:

She needs to go, she's an embarrassment.

You can't lose by 230 votes and carry on

I've said all along May has failed to do the task given to her and which she asked for. To put together some form of consensus to make a deal. The range of different views opposing her is unprecedented. 

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

It won’t happen. Just look at this shambles it won’t give confidence to the Scottish electorate that they will vote for it, In my opinion 

This is where I'm at with it. I don't think there is any more appetite for Indy now than there was in 2014.

She will try crawling back to the EU to save her skin. Hard lines dear...Youve burnt your bridges there too, using dirty tricks/ insults  tactics when they wouldn't agree with her deal...

This is messy as ****.  DUP now stating their intent to support May in the confidence vote despite the fact that she’s been trying to shaft them for months.  That will probably be enough to save her tomorrow.  No deal a certainty now sadly.

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It was common knowledge, even Maggie Thatcher said it. It's a majority of the Scottish people. 

And how is it you plan to find out what the majority of Scottish people want without a referendum?!

Brighton Jambo

We need a commons cross party consensus on either Norway deal or at least agreement to a customs union arrangement type deal.  

Second referendum could not include remain as an option to be democratic and any other options increases the likelihood of a no deal exit.  

Still some MPs * Brexit ones going on about the EU having to make concessions.....Incredible....They wont as they dont want a favourable deal for the UK. Thats always been the case. They have acted with integrity and dignity and tried to convince the UK about the disaster that is Brexit yet been maligned by the Press and the right and other nutters.  

13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No referendum required. 30 SNP MPs triggers independence negotiations with the UN delegating. Easy.

As the constitution is a 'reserved' matter under the Scotland Act 1998, for a future referendum on Scottishindependence to be binding under UK law, it would need to receive the consent of the British Parliament to take place.

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Still some MPs * Brexit ones going on about the EU having to make concessions.....Incredible....They wont as they dont want a favourable deal for the UK. Thats always been the case. They have acted with integrity and dignity and tried to convince the UK about the disaster that is Brexit yet been maligned by the Press and the right and other nutters.  

The EU want the U.K. to withdraw leaving the EU.

they are playing a blinder and I feel it will happen.

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

The EU want the U.K. to withdraw leaving the EU.

they are playing a blinder and I feel it will happen.

Paranoia??????

There could be major traction for a postponement of article 50.     But the EU need to agree to it.     They wont give it away without getting something for themselves.      May might get a nasty shock if she ends up adopting the idea.     I sense a Royal Flush residing up the EU's sleeve.

A confident PM would go for a GE so she gets a majority. Let me know when they find one.

Does Boris have a bird. New haircut and a wee bit of weight loss.

9 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

We need a commons cross party consensus on either Norway deal or at least agreement to a customs union arrangement type deal.  

Second referendum could not include remain as an option to be democratic and any other options increases the likelihood of a no deal exit.  

Why should it not include remain ? If this is about the will of the people based on what they now know of what leave means lets get the view.

Just now, ri Alban said:

A confident PM would go for a GE so she gets a majority. Let me know when they find one.

Young 30 y/o squeeze on the go.

Just now, ri Alban said:

Yes there is a newish bint dating Boris's millions.

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Why should it not include remain ? If this is about the will of the people based on what they now know of what leave means lets get the view.

Could say the same about Scottish independence referendum now. 

15 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

As the constitution is a 'reserved' matter under the Scotland Act 1998, for a future referendum on Scottishindependence to be binding under UK law, it would need to receive the consent of the British Parliament to take place.

He means a majority of Scottish MPs representing independence could trigger it, as would have been the case prior to devolution. 

10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

A huge part of the problem for a second referendum is neither labour/torques want to call it and risk pissing off 50% of electorate, that’s got longer term issues in electability. 

Can the house force a second referendum through to save both parties face? 

I could see this changing the face of politics in the uk. 

Thats very true. Thats a good proposal. I think an MP would need to submit it ? 

Just now, Boris said:

He means a majority of Scottish MPs representing independence could trigger it, as would have been the case prior to devolution. 

However it needs the following

As the constitution is a 'reserved' matter under the Scotland Act 1998, for a future referendum on Scottish independence to be binding under UK law, it would need to receive the consent of the British Parliament to take place.

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hopefully hes no well. Im in that kind of mood the night 

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Boris is preparing for his big promotion which is likely if May loses the confidence vote.

23 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

And how is it you plan to find out what the majority of Scottish people want without a referendum?!

I'll tell you in the 2019 general election thread.

I'll stay with brexit, even tho it is relevant.

5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

As the constitution is a 'reserved' matter under the Scotland Act 1998, for a future referendum on Scottish independence to be binding under UK law, it would need to receive the consent of the British Parliament to take place.

UDI, is the reason I mentioned the UN.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

UDI, is the reason I mentioned the UN.

Well if the SNP are that confident they will get the required permission why haven’t they gone ahead with a referendum. Remember May has said she won’t authorise an other one. Note no action from the SNP on going for one.

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

May will stroll the no confidence vote. Unfortunately.

She will win it.     But it shows up the complete and utter illegitimacy of the government.      Can't be removed yet can't move it's prime business.     In theory The Palace could come in and ask her to guarantee she can continue to provide a working government.    She can't.

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Well if the SNP are that confident they will get the required permission why haven’t they gone ahead with a referendum. Remember May has said she won’t authorise an other one. Note no action from the SNP on going for one.

Let's deal with this and I'll discuss that on another thread.?

14 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

How does the confidence vote work? 

MPs are asked to vote on whether or not they have confidence in the Government.

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Let's deal with this and I'll discuss that on another thread.?

Yes 

17 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

How does the confidence vote work? 

If she wins she wins and carries on as normal

If she loses she gets 15 days to win another vote then...

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, Sooperstar said:

MPs are asked to vote on whether or not they have confidence in the Government.

Eh...I was talking about the numbers.

So basically if all the tories and the DUP support her then she stays and the whole thing is a waste of time?  Sad state of affairs when the UK is governed by NI and a handful of arsehole Tory backbenchers.

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Eh...I was talking about the numbers.

So basically if all the tories and the DUP support her then she stays and the whole thing is a waste of time?  Sad state of affairs when the UK is governed by NI and a handful of arsehole Tory backbenchers.

Yes i know. Held to ransom by the DUP scum . 

Brighton Jambo
37 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

So what happens if we marginally vote to remain? All the millions of leave voters will just accept the outcome and shrug their shoulders and go home?  Why should they when remain never has.  It would be democratic carnage.  

The peoples vote should be on the terms of how we leave not whether we should leave.  And for clarity I am a remain voter.  

A general election would rid all remainers from parliament, if that's the will of people in brexit.

I suppose the landscape in parliament would change, if not the party numbers.

Edited by ri Alban

The Mighty Thor

Did you see she actually had the neck to say that 'every day that passes without this issue being resolved leads to more uncertaintanty bitterness and rancour'

5 weeks after she pulled the original vote. Is she fecking mentally ill?

50 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

It wouldn't need a Referendum. The fact Scotland returned a majority of MPs favouring independence would start cessation. 

Just now, Boris said:

It wouldn't need a Referendum. The fact Scotland returned a majority of MPs favouring independence would start cessation. 

I don’t know about that but I think your wrong. My reason is why didn’t it happen when there was a majority. 

https://fullfact.org/law/can-scotland-legally-hold-another-referendum/

way off topic now. ?

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )