Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Referendum as "not divide again".

Risk of No Deal so seems we'll get nice new words from EU ("secure further reasurances") and it's basically the same.

Edited by Mikey1874

Jeremy Corbyn - no point bringing deal back when it isn't supported. Asked about timetable. 

May answer - choice is deliver Brexit and this is the best Deal to do so

Edited by Mikey1874

Dusk_Till_Dawn

In fairness to May, what she said at the end is right - people need to lay their cards on the table rather than pretending that there’s a perfect solution to this.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

In fairness to May, what she said at the end is right - people need to lay their cards on the table rather than pretending that there’s a perfect solution to this.

Also realistic about the Backstop. Which isn't what she said for 2 years. 

Speaker still to advise on outcome 're what is allowed to happen now. Picking up the amount of time spent debating last week and plans for further debate being ditched poor. 

Basically telling May off I think. Saying should Adjourn or decline to move business. I.e. what they do now after Statement is debated. 

Should allow Parliament to have a say when Brexit vote was so important. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Geoff the Mince

Theresa May is a disgrace ! Hanging onto power due to her ego and stupidity , the liars , cheats and spineless rats which are Rees Mogg , Boris and Davis etc can **** off !! Today i've got really annoyed wirh the lies and pathetic rudderless ship which is Brexit !! Really hate them all !! Pathetic .

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Theresa May is a disgrace ! Hanging onto power due to her ego and stupidity , the liars , cheats and spineless rats which are Rees Mogg , Boris and Davis etc can **** off !! Today i've got really annoyed wirh the lies and pathetic rudderless ship which is Brexit !! Really hate them all !! Pathetic .

This.

Delusional to think she can get Deal passed with just some nice words about Backstop. 

"Postponing the inevitable" 

Surely? 

Edited by Mikey1874

It's amazing what a government can get away with when the leader of the opposition is so weak. He should be calling a vote of no confidence right now. 

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Darn tootin.

If corbyn had any feckin balls he would- only he has no particular Brexit position either and is merely wallowing in her discomfort.

Were a GE be called and he won, he would find himself in the exact same postion- a divided party, an infirm personal conviction, and an obstreperous EU to deal with , and a divided electorate

As much as I detest the tories I think Corbyn is a spineless jelly mould & the voting public know it too. 

Captain Sausage

I have a bit of sympathy for May, she’s between a rock and a hard place. Then again, she took the job knowing what a shitshow she was taking on. So maybe not. 

All the vultures circling around her position, on both sides the commons benches, who are not putting forward a viable alternative sum up everything wrong with politics today. 

No particular concern for the best outcome for the country, only what best suits their agenda. In particular, look at the cretin Corbyn and his slimy positioning of a GE, as if anyone else can get a better deal. 

Our options are:

1. Hard Brexit

2. Mays Deal

3. EEC membership (Norway model)

4. Remain

There is no negotiation outside of those, it’s absolute apparent to see, and has been for a long time. 

4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

These are not my views remember so don't shoot the messenger!!  There seems to be two prevailing reasons.  The first is that it creates a constitutional crisis if we overturn the original vote.  They question where it would end, do we see a surge in the Eurosceptic movement and we have a third vote in a couple of years.  Their view seems to be its all a bit rubbish but its what we decided as a nation and need to make it work.  The second reason is the way Europe has treated Britain all the way through the negotiations (I am less sympathetic to this as what did we expect) has made them realise they don't want any part of this EU machine in the future. 

Bizarrely enough imo, as expected, the EU have treated the negotiations with the respect and dignity they deserve.  The UK on the other hand have acted like the girlfriend that dumps you but still wants to live in your house for **** all.

People buying into the diversionary drivel about the EU being the big bad rogues,    as well as the myth that other parties have proposed no alternative plans.     

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

People buying into the diversionary drivel about the EU being the big bad rogues,    as well as the myth that other parties have proposed no alternative plans.     

The UK is f****d.

Labour’s Rupa Huq described the decision to call off the vote as an act of “premature parliamentary ejaculation”.
In response, Theresa May said that, if Huq were to look carefully, she would see that May is not capable of premature ejaculation.

UK politics in 2018, ladies and gentlemen.

:jj_facepalm:

The majority of the MPs appear to be thick. The number of times ive heard the same question asked time and time again beggars belief. It’s getting monotonous now. The back stop is the problem and an exit from that is now going to clarified. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

6 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

The majority of the MPs appear to be thick. The number of times ive heard the same question asked time and time again beggars belief. It’s getting monotonous now. The back stop is the problem and an exit from that is now going to clarified. 

I think it's politics. Local media report what their MPs say. They are partly making points they want voters see or they are working together on party lines. 

“I will negotiate a great deal for this Country” 

to

“No deal is better than a bad deal”

to

”It’s this deal or No deal” 

to

I’m backing down, i’m cancelling the vote I’d lose and i’m going to negotiate another deal, despite telling the entire Country, it’s this deal or nothing. 

:rofl:

What levels of incompetence do we need to reach before enough is enough and Maybot is launched out of no.10? 

Omnishamles.

Onto the technical Parliament business now. The actual real stuff possibly leading to trouble.

Though vote of no confidence by Jeremy Corbyn is now hinted towards tomorrow. 

Edited by Mikey1874

47 minutes ago, Cade said:

Labour’s Rupa Huq described the decision to call off the vote as an act of “premature parliamentary ejaculation”.
In response, Theresa May said that, if Huq were to look carefully, she would see that May is not capable of premature ejaculation.

UK politics in 2018, ladies and gentlemen.

:jj_facepalm:

?

4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye, remember those going about the Scottish Government not "getting on with the day job"?

The tories are a complete shambles, capitulating to some back bench toffs and right wing xenophobes to manufacture a referendum (after Cameron went and got an even better deal for the UK than the other 27 countries in the EU), then making a complete arse of the whole negotiations for 2 bloody years & half of her cabinet quit, then a week of debates only for the "meaningful vote" to be cancelled at the last minute. Meanwhile the value of sterling has fallen since the referendum and we are now stockpiling drugs and food "just in case". 

The UK is an international embarrassment and a laughing stock. The Reece-Moggs and the Boris Johnson's of this world are STILL trying to sell us Unicorn Narnia FFS!

She/they have to go. They have no shame. Used to be a politician had the good grace to resign when they were this bad!

Do you not see the templates if we ever vote for Independence?

Some would say Scotland has a good deal with London.

Do you think that freeing ourselves from the union with England could be done in 2 and a half years?

Do you imagine that the stories of food and drugs would be the same?

Border controls currency economic scare stories?

Not picking an argument just wondering what impact you think it will have on the arguments for independence ?

The EU has pre-emptively written the menu for May's grovelling trip back to Brussels.     Absolutely zero renegotiation.     Reassurances?     Aye.   Yeah.     An all you can eat banquet of them.      

She'll come back with a bulging doggy bag and it will be laughed out of the house.     More weeks wasted.     

Even the open ridicule in the house today seems to have had no effect.     On she ploughs.

AlphonseCapone
54 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

They aren't thick, it's part of process whereby they demonstrate to their constituents and they are challenging Government on key issues. 

It isn't being clarified, it's perfectly clear legally. And the EU have already said they won't renegotiate. It's an absolute sham that won't change anything. 

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

They aren't thick, it's part of process whereby they demonstrate to their constituents and they are challenging Government on key issues. 

It isn't being clarified, it's perfectly clear legally. And the EU have already said they won't renegotiate. It's an absolute sham that won't change anything. 

May is not going to renegotiate the deal as it stands she going to seek clarification that the UK won’t be locked in for evermore. How that manifests itself in the backstop I’ve no idea but I’m sure something will be worked out

Edited by Dannie Boy

AlphonseCapone
14 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

May is not going to renegotiate the deal as it stands she going to seek clarification that the UK won’t be locked in for evermore. How that manifests itself in the backstop I’ve no idea but I’m sure something will be worked out

I don't share your optimism. The Attorney Generals legal advice was clear the UK couldn't unilaterally pull out. No reassurance will change that. 

There is zero legitimacy in the DUP opposing the government regarding it's current strategy and them continuing to support the government in the existing confidence and supply arrangement.     Brexit has become the only show in town and has rendered all other day-to-day business as secondary.

The DUP will probably continue to prop up this government,   simply to retain a chip in the game,   but it will facilitate the continuation of zero progress,   running down the clock and a possible no deal / no transition.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There is zero legitimacy in the DUP opposing the government regarding it's current strategy and them continuing to support the government in the existing confidence and supply arrangement.     Brexit has become the only show in town and has rendered all other day-to-day business as secondary.

The DUP will probably continue to prop up this government,   simply to retain a chip in the game,   but it will facilitate the continuation of zero progress,   running down the clock and a possible no deal / no transition.

They shouldn't even be doing it in terms of the power sharing agreement in N.Ireland. The Tories certainly shouldn't. Who knows what it's about though claiming credit for getting £1 billion for the North might be worthwhile. My money is on macho Unionist one upmanship. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

They shouldn't even be doing it in terms of the power sharing agreement in N.Ireland. The Tories certainly shouldn't. Who knows what it's about though claiming credit for getting £1 billion for the North might be worthwhile. My money is on macho Unionist one upmanship. 

The writing was on the wall from day 1 when May chose to grasp the DUP as a lifeboat after making an arse of the election.     They were well warned about the rancid conflicts of interest.     

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The whole thing has clearly bypassed Ian Duncan Smith. 

In their own world some of these Brexiteers. 

But it is clear this Deal is dead. 

One of these cretins was praising the PM for the masterstroke of pulling the vote.     Apparently it was a clear mandate to reopen negotiations with the EU.

We're finished with these ***** in power.

Just reflecting on it and listening to some of statements May is going for No Deal. Delay is to help prepare for that. 

That is a managed No Deal where UK and EU agree certain things to keep trade going.

All because the Tories couldn't agree a good position with some all party consensus to negotiate. 

I P Knightley
7 hours ago, jake said:

Not so sure the leave vote would win.

Given the media bias.

Partly the media bias; partly the fact that the last two years have shown that it's not possible to deliver a Brexit which matches up to the many and varied expectations of those who voted leave in the referendum.

The 'remain' campaign was woeful in stating a simple case; the 'leave' campaign rode high on its own, unchallenged hubris. I suspect that the 'leave' bubble will have been pricked by the failure to turn those empty promises into something concrete. Meanwhile, those who were complacent about 'remain' have an almighty scare and will get out there to vote in a second referendum.

7 hours ago, Victorian said:

What an utterly shocking waste of parliament's time.     Days of debate on a vote that has now been postponed or scrapped.      

Still putting their own interests ahead of the country.

Stand aside.    **** off.    Allow someone else to do the job.

Parliament's time and the nation's money. I've not seen any costings of the time and effort spent on Brexit over the last couple of years but suspect there's been enough pissed up the wall to have comfortably funded a significant improvement in standards of education or healthcare.

7 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Knows she’s getting pumped tomorrow, so stops it happening to buy more time.

She makes Thatcher look like Mother Theresa.  Nothing but utter contempt for parliamentary democracy.  It’s like being 3-0 down in injury time and demanding another hour.

I suspect she knows about parliamentary democracy alright, but, like so many of those sleazy fokkers will be playing with the letter of the law (or parliamentary processes) to get what she's after. She'll claim that she's "respecting" parliamentary processes.

Trouble is... who comes next? Corbyn won't win a general election; May's a dead duck; Tories don't have a credible alternative as leader (to the best of my knowledge). Rees-Mogg is probably in the scullery getting Nanny to clean the mess off the inside of his trousers but he doesn't have a chance. Johnson's been shown up as a buffoon (which, I know, doesn't necessarily rule him out.)

It's just depressing and it's all down to that chinless pigheidfokker who thought he'd put Farage in his box by asking the country whether they were racist or xenophobic enough to support UKIP. If I met him now, I'd have to work hard not to @@@@@.

24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just reflecting on it and listening to some of statements May is going for No Deal. Delay is to help prepare for that. 

That is a managed No Deal where UK and EU agree certain things to keep trade going.

All because the Tories couldn't agree a good position with some all party consensus to negotiate. 

So, in other words................a deal?

:rofl: 

42 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I don't share your optimism. The Attorney Generals legal advice was clear the UK couldn't unilaterally pull out. No reassurance will change that. 

They go to dispute in that case which be adjudicated by an independent arbitrator. A point missed by almost everyone and probably deliberately. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )