Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Nope. He's doing that all by himself. You'll have to ask the media why they have him front, left and centre all the time. The same media did precisely the same thing with Farage, the man who lost seven elections and is a person of interest for the FBI, but was treated like some all-conquering hero.

My favourite bit from Robinson in recent weeks? When he held some latter-day Nuremberg Rally outside the High Court in front of journalists and supporters to complain he was being "silenced", before being whisked off for a banquet in his honour at the House of Lords. True man of the people is Yaxley-Lennon.

I am not asking the media as I doubt the media would answer. And I certainly don't give a toss about Tommy Robinson's attempt to portray himself as some sort of martyr, with which you seem somehow oddly impressed or surprised or worthy of note ( your favourite bit"??). I am asking on here why the remain supporting media and indeed posters on here seem suddenly obsessed with Tommy Robinson. I suspect it is to discredit the leave vote. There are very legitimate reasons to support leave, as you yourself eloquently argued a mere two or three years ago. But just in case those legitimate reasons are discussed, let's just continue this smear about racists and the uneducated and proto-fascists.

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I am not asking the media as I doubt the media would answer. And I certainly don't give a toss about Tommy Robinson's attempt to portray himself as some sort of martyr, with which you seem somehow oddly impressed or surprised or worthy of note ( your favourite bit"??). I am asking on here why the remain supporting media and indeed posters on here seem suddenly obsessed with Tommy Robinson. I suspect it is to discredit the leave vote. There are very legitimate reasons to support leave, as you yourself eloquently argued a mere two or three years ago. But just in case those legitimate reasons are discussed, let's just continue this smear about racists and the uneducated and proto-fascists.

I think that's a bunch of nonsense tbh. You might as well ask why Katie Hopkins, Piers Morgan or Julia Hartley-Brewer are so high profile. Robinson knows how to play the media and especially, how to sell papers. That's it basically. And awfully sorry: but when fascists march through London, the media are bound to report it.

Oh - and "my favourite bit" meant "in a long long list of Robinson embarrassing himself, that was my favourite". 

Edited by shaun.lawson

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I think that's a bunch of nonsense tbh. You might as well ask why Katie Hopkins, Piers Morgan or Julia Hartley-Brewer are so high profile. Robinson knows how to play the media and especially, how to sell papers. That's it basically. And awfully sorry: but when fascists march through London, the media are bound to report it.

Oh - and "my favourite bit" meant "in a long long list of Robinson embarrassing himself, that was my favourite". 

Katie Hopkins and Julia Hartley-Brewer (who?) have never really appeared on my radar. Piers Morgan only as a rather absurd, sycophantic  and creepy TV presenter. But suddenly I open my newspapers and web pages and the news headlines are dominated by Tommy Robinson, who until the picture associated with McCraes Battalion a few weeks back had also scarcely appeared on my radar.

There was a demonstration by the EDL outside my local railway station a few months ago, a rather sad but very unthreatening bunch of losers  waving Union flags. Even the local freebie News Shopper didn't report it.

The Mighty Thor
42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

7pm Channel 4 Debate

That's such a poor panel. 

Rees Mogg is a cloth tape measure away from being a Victorian undertaker 

Francis Albert
On 01/09/2017 at 16:20, I P Knightley said:

Deadringers have done a good job. I can't see the guy on telly nor hear his name on the radio without muttering "Brexit Bulldog here!" under my breath :)

Yesterday's guff from Liam Fox that we are being 'blackmailed' got my back up. 

The EU member states value stability much more than they value a trade deal with the UK. We buy 3% of their collective exports, they are more than half of our exports. These are countries that have suffered economic crises, hyperinflation, communism and fascism. Stability matters to them above all and we are a source of instability. 

Ideological, nationalistic fools like Liam Fox are probably genuinely confused and frustrated because they were unable to look at the reality of where Brexit would leave us. At some point, they have to recognise that "Project Fear" was actually "Project Face Reality". They may well know it but they can't admit it.

We were in a relatively weak position when we had one of the best performing economies in Europe, because we just aren't that big or rich a country. But now we're the worst performing country in the EU, we are essentially irrelevant to them. We have to make major concessions if we are going to get a trade deal with the EU and the Brexit Bulldog attitude doesn't lend itself to concession. (They all think they're Maggie Effing Thatcher in her pomp; none of them have the balls she had.)

Our political leaders in the UK are completely out of their depth.

We are not one of  the worst performing countries in the EU by any measure other rhan that of the extremist. Leavers. It is absolute crap.And to say we are irrelevant to them? Really?

Edited by Francis Albert

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

And why has this little no-mark Tommy Robinson suddenly become a national political figure, all over the front page of the Guardian and other papers and media?

Not to discredit the people who voted the wrong way in a supposedly democratic vote surely?

UKIP embracing him has given him another platform and possibly some political credibility?

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, Boris said:

UKIP embracing him has given him another platform and possibly some political credibility?

UKIP gives him poltical credibility? Says it all. He is an irrelevance except as a remainer bogey man.

45 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

UKIP gives him poltical credibility? Says it all. He is an irrelevance except as a remainer bogey man.

I did say possibly. 

15 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I think this parliament are going to ignore the referendum and keep us in this eu mare. We could get a pm Jeremy out of this also with the likes of Abbott and Thornberry in charge. Krankie will tell her sheep that we need Brussels as our masters and they'll swallow it like a seagull downing a chip.

About your last wee bit, you voted leave, right?

6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

We are not one of  the worst performing countries in the EU by any measure other rhan that of the extremist. Leavers. It is absolute crap.And to say we are irrelevant to them? Really?

Aye, really.

6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Aye, it's remainers. They invited him to join Ukip to help with their islamophobic agenda. It's more likely a scam by Farage and co, to give them more credibility, for when the take over the farthest right part of the Tory party when they split.  Far-fetched, you say, maybe, but you started it.

9 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Katie Hopkins and Julia Hartley-Brewer (who?) have never really appeared on my radar. Piers Morgan only as a rather absurd, sycophantic  and creepy TV presenter. But suddenly I open my newspapers and web pages and the news headlines are dominated by Tommy Robinson, who until the picture associated with McCraes Battalion a few weeks back had also scarcely appeared on my radar.

There was a demonstration by the EDL outside my local railway station a few months ago, a rather sad but very unthreatening bunch of losers  waving Union flags. Even the local freebie News Shopper didn't report it.

Well that's me convinced. Nothing to see.

10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks. You confirm my suspicions about his sudden fame and OTT publicity. Painted as a "poster boy" for Leave voters - by Remain supporters. 

He's not a poster boy for Leave voters. He's a fecking Nazi who should be jailed for treason. Anyone with his views should be jailed or shot. Otherwise what was the point of WW2. Freedom of speech, nae I don't think so. 

Edited by ri Alban

15 hours ago, jake said:

May can't get her car crash deal through.

How could she .

What's next ?

No deal won't be accepted by parliament.

It's like all votes about EU membership.

There will be another referendum Aussie.

Until we get the right result.

And that's my point about Scottish independence.

Except you would be making the opposite arguments.

And that will be pointed out by unionists.

She doesn't have to, she just leaves come March . Nothing to do with The EU or Scots indy. It's just a matter of time.  There'll be no second euref, and if there is it's had nothing to do with the EU.  The withdrawal negotiations are over, parliament will vote against. That means No deal. Not no Brexit. 

Independence!!!

AlphonseCapone
15 hours ago, jake said:

As for the BBC.

Out of 4000 plus guests on the today programme in relation to the EU only 140 were brexiteers.

And of those 140 only 2% from the left perspective.

N8ce and handy to paint leave voters a right wing racist Torie types.

There is some more stats if you want Shaun.

Don't  want to go all wobbly wobbly but brexit won't happen.

Because it won't be allowed to.

The problem with your stats Jake is that they have no context. For example, the sort of people that are typically on that show are often politicians or journalists, who in general, are much more like to be remainers than leavers, unlike the general population. Then you have issues like whether folk are willing to appear on the show, wanting folk on the show who are known as that increases ratings etc. All of that applies even more so for left leavers, even smaller pool. 

I'm not saying there is no bias, I don't know. But random numbers without context doesn't prove anything. 

16 hours ago, jake said:

May can't get her car crash deal through.

How could she .

What's next ?

No deal won't be accepted by parliament.

It's like all votes about EU membership.

There will be another referendum Aussie.

Until we get the right result.

And that's my point about Scottish independence.

Except you would be making the opposite arguments.

And that will be pointed out by unionists.

Jake, Unionists are unionists.  But just one thing, The Edinburgh agreement.  

Jake see if there is no Brexit,  England will burn Wm down. The whole country will go mad. We can just slip out the side door, unnoticed. 

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

According to news reports the ECJ has said the UK can cancel Brexit.

Going to be an interesting 36 hours.

20 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Reassured by low levels of racism. If you're waiting for some utopian day when 0% of people are racist, you'll be waiting a very long time.

And you still haven't responded about the Greens. 22% is, last I checked, a rather bigger figure than 13%.

Scandalously selective Shaun. You've been away too long to know what's going on in Europe, clearly.

Yet again people had to go to court to get this judgement.

Whereas the Court of Justice stated they made the judgement to help Parliament decide on the Deal by "clarifying options". 

6 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Rumours now that tomorrows vote pulled.

But......but  she said it is the best deal for the country and it's her way or no way.......................shambles.

7 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The problem with your stats Jake is that they have no context. For example, the sort of people that are typically on that show are often politicians or journalists, who in general, are much more like to be remainers than leavers, unlike the general population. Then you have issues like whether folk are willing to appear on the show, wanting folk on the show who are known as that increases ratings etc. All of that applies even more so for left leavers, even smaller pool. 

I'm not saying there is no bias, I don't know. But random numbers without context doesn't prove anything. 

I was trying to counter Shaun and many other people's view that the vote was rigged in favour of Leave.

Take your point but come on the numbers are overwhelming.

11 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

But......but  she said it is the best deal for the country and it's her way or no way.......................shambles.

It's quite obvious that her deal is the worst.

As much as it pains me being a brexiteer I'd suggest that a revote is the only solution.

I've actually given up on the UK being able to leave.

Which is confirmation of all that is wrong .

My opinion of course which means fek all . 

As an aside it also bears warning for any future independence vote.

Can only imagine the onslaught during transition .

Edited by jake

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The end of the line for May, surely.

Negotiated a deal so unpopular that she's not even willing to put it to a vote. The EU aren't going to budge so quite honestly, that's her finished.

Not sure what the next best course of action is. Second referendum seriously runs the risk of no deal brexit winning. General election could mean Corbyn who has shown himself to be as inept a leader as May through this process.

What's that thing they talk about - government of national unity or something?

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Negotiated a deal so unpopular that she's not even willing to put it to a vote. The EU aren't going to budge so quite honestly, that's her finished.

Not sure what the next best course of action is. Second referendum seriously runs the risk of no deal brexit winning. General election could mean Corbyn who has shown himself to be as inept a leader as May through this process.

Not so sure the leave vote would win.

Given the media bias.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Let the Queen take over negotiations-She is HOS after all^_^

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, jake said:

Not so sure the leave vote would win.

Given the media bias.

That makes the same assumption as last time - that those in the media bubble who have comfortable lifestyles are reflective of the majority of the general public. They really aren't. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, jake said:

Just wonder if any leave voters on here would change to remain.

Or vice versa.

I was remain last time and would be remain this time. But I say that knowing full well that a lot of people will see this as the UK voting until the EU gets the result it wants.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )