Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

May is so desperate to get the disastrous WA over the line she would most certainly have done a deal with comrade corby.

Nah, she is so fixated she won’t budge on anything. Plus any deal would split the Tories hence her inability to compromise, IMO 

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Boris said:

Nah, she is so fixated she won’t budge on anything. Plus any deal would split the Tories hence her inability to compromise, IMO 

I thinks she knows how bad a no deal will be, she's determined to make sure this doesn't happen. Her deal is bad, but is better than a no deal, worse than full membership, but she won't not brexit.

Stalemate!

Stephen Muddie

70.9% of Tory MPs on the government payroll supported Remain, often against their electors. It's clear that the likes of May, B.Liar et al are in the business of sabotaging democracy.

Sad day when you're voting for anything to do with Farage but that's what's happening for anyone who voted for British Independence. Jamelia (?) and the rabidly remoaning blonde boot making total arses of themselves here always makes me lol.

See ye's next year, shed heads.

So, call a general election and then vote for your MP based on this single issue.

MPs are elected to work in the best interests of their constituents, whether it's popular or not.

The UK is not run by mob rule (yet)

17 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

70.9% of Tory MPs on the government payroll supported Remain, often against their electors. It's clear that the likes of May, B.Liar et al are in the business of sabotaging democracy.

Sad day when you're voting for anything to do with Farage but that's what's happening for anyone who voted for British Independence. Jamelia (?) and the rabidly remoaning blonde boot making total arses of themselves here always makes me lol.

See ye's next year, shed heads.

Tick tock!

Stephen Muddie
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Tick tock!

Ah I see...  You're a clock, or is there a silent "L"?

Stephen Muddie
18 minutes ago, Cade said:

So, call a general election and then vote for your MP based on this single issue.

MPs are elected to work in the best interests of their constituents, whether it's popular or not.

The UK is not run by mob rule (yet)

On the one hand, that's what you could say democracy is. On the other, that's what you could say corporate fascism is. Depends what, how, or if you think.

8 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

On the one hand, that's what you could say democracy is. On the other, that's what you could say corporate fascism is. Depends what, how, or if you think.

The bank bail out was the most blatant sign that fascism has been the kiddie for a while.

Brexit for all its faults was the response.

Stephen Muddie
8 minutes ago, jake said:

The bank bail out was the most blatant sign that fascism has been the kiddie for a while.

Brexit for all its faults was the response.

Agreed. Being in the EU just means yet more bank bailouts when inevitably the shakey economies of Greece, Italy, Spain etc fail. They can't not fail. The banks are bankrupt. The whole West is on life support via Magic money.

The only faults with Brexit for me are 1) that the people unexpectedly voted for it, forcing Camoron to scurry off, 2) That the 71% remain Tory party appointed staunchly pro-remain Ms May to "negotiate" a "deal" (we voted OUT, not for a deal) 3) the corporate media ramped up a sinister campaign of fear and befuddlement.

There's more faults individually but Brexit isn't a fault. It's democracy. Glad the cat's out the bag now. Blatantly. As. Feck.

The only words Farage say here that I couldn't have said easily myself are "I'm a unionist". The rest is spot on.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

10 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Agreed. Being in the EU just means yet more bank bailouts when inevitably the shakey economies of Greece, Italy, Spain etc fail. They can't not fail. The banks are bankrupt. The whole West is on life support via Magic money.

The only faults with Brexit for me are 1) that the people unexpectedly voted for it, forcing Camoron to scurry off, 2) That the 71% remain Tory party appointed staunchly pro-remain Ms May to "negotiate" a "deal" (we voted OUT, not for a deal) 3) the corporate media ramped up a sinister campaign of fear and befuddlement.

There's more faults individually but Brexit isn't a fault. It's democracy. Glad the cat's out the bag now. Blatantly. As. Feck.

The only words Farage say here that I couldn't have said easily myself are "I'm a unionist". The rest is spot on.

Yet Farage is part of that capitalist cabal himself. Irony knows no bounds.

I don’t disagree with your critique of the western economic system, 40 odd years of neoliberalism have led us to this.

However thinking Farage is some sort of visionary looking for a new way is false, IMO. They only want out of the eu so they can ramp up their neoliberalism, unfettered by what checks or balances the eu provided.

Bankrolled by Aaron Banks, undeclared, is a subversion of the democracy he is allegedly trying to protect. Farage is no man of the people. He’s whipped up the people for his own ends. IMO, of course.

Edited by Boris

JudyJudyJudy
On 19/05/2019 at 09:07, Boris said:

Yet Farage is part of that capitalist cabal himself. Irony knows no bounds.

I don’t disagree with your critique of the western economic system, 40 odd years of neoliberalism have led us to this.

However thinking Farage is some sort of visionary looking for a new way is false, IMO. They only want out of the eu so they can ramp up their neoliberalism, unfettered by what checks or balances the eu provided.

Bankrolled by Aaron Banks, undeclared, is a subversion of the democracy he is allegedly trying to protect. Farage is no man of the people. He’s whipped up the people for his own ends. IMO, of course.

Spot on. 

Voting for an MEP.

Voting for someone to represent you in the European Parliament.

Voting for someone to take a huge wage and all the expenses, staff positions for family, they can wangle, all paid for by our taxes.

Here's hoping you don't vote for a dud that doesn't give a stuff about it all. That would be kinda silly when you think about it.

About as silly as thinking the clowns and charlatans the Establishment have lined up for you to vent your spleen with are anti-establishment.

SectionDJambo

I don’t think there should be another referendum. Chances are it would be as divisive as the last one.

But, I wonder, if the result had been 52/48 for remaining, would the Brexiteers still be saying that another chance to vote on it would be undemocratic?  Would Farage and his mates have just packed it in? Or would they have insisted that the people didn’t know the full facts and might think differently now. Would they be saying that circumstances have changed and 52/48 is actually quite close. Would they be pointing out that 28% of those registered to vote weren’t engaged enough in the debate to have bothered voting?

Just like the SNP have accepted that independence isn’t happening because they lost a referendum? 

Don’t think so. 

Edited by SectionDJambo

Bindy Badgy
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I don’t think there should be another referendum. Chances are it would be as divisive as the last one.

But, I wonder, if the result had been 52/48 for remaining, would the Brexiteers still be saying that another chance to vote on it would be undemocratic?  Would Farage and his mates have just packed it in? Or would they have insisted that the people didn’t know the full facts and might think differently now. Would they be saying that circumstances have changed and 52/48 is actually quite close. Would they be pointing out that 28% of those registered to vote weren’t engaged enough in the debate to have bothered voting?

Just like the SNP have accepted that independence isn’t happening because they lost a referendum? 

Don’t think so. 

Of course they wouldn't. They would still be campaigning for Brexit.

The SNP are doing the same after losing the independence referendum. I have no problem with this, even though I voted to stay in the UK, as it is their democratic right to do so.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

This is a long read but worth it, every Brexit Party candidate analysed(ish)

https://medium.com/@SJHolloway/this-is-everything-i-discovered-about-all-of-the-brexit-party-mep-candidates-2a59f8f850c5

That was some read.

Horrible f*****g people.

I hope all of them when they have a s***e it’s a hedgehog.

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Stokesy said:

Of course they wouldn't. They would still be campaigning for Brexit.

The SNP are doing the same after losing the independence referendum. I have no problem with this, even though I voted to stay in the UK, as it is their democratic right to do so.

I agree it is their democratic right to have tried again, had the UK voted remain. But they don’t think it is the democratic right of UK citizens to have another vote, because 52% of a 72% turnout voted to leave.

Why are they so afraid to ask the people to confirm that they are content to take our chances with a “no deal” leaving, as is looking like happening, and as they keep saying we should do? 

18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That was some read.

Horrible f*****g people.

I hope all of them when they have a s***e it’s a hedgehog.

Every one of them in it for a free ride. Anti EU parliament dudes in the EU Parliament don't need to do anything, unless they plan to disrupt, which does no-one any favours.

Nice work if you can get it though.

Can't wait until the Brexiteers understand the new laws/riules that are going to apply to football squads if we leave

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Sraman said:

Every one of them in it for a free ride. Anti EU parliament dudes in the EU Parliament don't need to do anything, unless they plan to disrupt, which does no-one any favours.

Nice work if you can get it though.

Your last sentence sums it up.

Francis Albert

People employed in the UK steel industry when we joined the EU : 350000. Today 35000. But Brexit being blamed for the possible closure of Scunthorpe.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

People employed in the UK steel industry when we joined the EU : 350000. Today 35000. But Brexit being blamed for the possible closure of Scunthorpe.

The decimation of UK industry by the Tories is Europe's fault? Wow, you learn something new every day. Here was me thinking it was just straight banana's and immigrants they dealt in. Sheesh.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Don’t think so. 

If the vote had been 52/48 to remain I doubt we would have heard much more. Parliament, despite overwhelmingly voting to hold the referendum, was always overwhelmingly pro-Remain. I doubt if we would have heard more calls from the political establishment and media for a so called "People's Vote". UKIP and its like and the European research Group would have returned to the fringes of British politics.

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Your last sentence sums it up.

That's why you have to do the right thing and vote for someone willing to put in a shift for you at least. May not be the one you want but at least they will work for the UK while Westminster sorts itself out, which looks like taking a wee while longer than expected.

Francis Albert
Just now, Sraman said:

The decimation of UK industry by the Tories is Europe's fault? Wow, you learn something new every day. Here was me thinking it was just straight banana's and immigrants they dealt in. Sheesh.

There was little if any slow down in the "decimation" (you should look the word up - it means losing 10% not 90%) under Labour governments. China and India can and do produce steel at a fraction of the cost of the UK and US.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

There was little if any slow down in the "decimation" (you should look the word up - it means losing 10% not 90%) under Labour governments. China and India can and do produce steel at a fraction of the cost of the UK and US.

I'll have to look up the word for the industries that lost 100% then.

What's the word for double decimation? I need it to use in relation to the plummeting value of the UK and all who sail in her. It'll soon be cheaper to get laid here than in Bangkok.

Doesn't make it Europe's fault.

Francis Albert
21 minutes ago, Sraman said:

I'll have to look up the word for the industries that lost 100% then.

What's the word for double decimation? I need it to use in relation to the plummeting value of the UK and all who sail in her. It'll soon be cheaper to get laid here than in Bangkok.

Doesn't make it Europe's fault.

I didn't say it was Europe's fault. I said it wasn't Brexit's fault.

The EU is a rich largely white club which has internal free trade but which erects all too flimsy barriers against its inevitable short and long term relative (and in time possibly absolute) decline compared to the new economies.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

I didn't say it was Europe's fault. I said it wasn't Brexit's fault.

The EU is a rich largely white club which has internal free trade but which erects all too flimsy barriers against its inevitable short and long term relative (and in time possibly absolute) decline compared to the new economies.

The "decline" as you call it, is the natural levelling out expected as a consequence of allowing, kinda large, new economies to join in with the rest of the Worlds rich largely white club's game. They call it Democracy. I wouldn't go that far.

The double decimation (you've really got to tell me that word man) of all of our assets/worth is Brexit's fault. Maybe this has had an impact on trading forecasts? Could be possible don't you think? Serviceable debts no longer serviceable,  raw material costs rising, etc., etc. as a direct result of Brexit and it's not even happened yet. Westminster is stuck going round in circles doing not much else as a consequence. There will be more than Scunthorpe disappearing as a direct result of Brexit.

You see that. I started off doubting myself and ended with, aye, that'll be right :D . The UK is having a fire sale mate, 20% off and rising, and we're all losers as a direct consequence of Brexit.

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

If the vote had been 52/48 to remain I doubt we would have heard much more. Parliament, despite overwhelmingly voting to hold the referendum, was always overwhelmingly pro-Remain. I doubt if we would have heard more calls from the political establishment and media for a so called "People's Vote". UKIP and its like and the European research Group would have returned to the fringes of British politics.

Sorry

But I don’t think so.

Farage and the Tory Euro haters would have kept agitating for leaving the EU regardless, I believe. I think they would have used the 48% as a positive factor in pushing for another referendum.

As an aside to this. I was in Germany last week. I was asked a few times by the locals about Brexit. Every one of them mentioned a concern about this creating an opening for the right wing across Europe to try for the same. That Europe was good together, in their opinion, to keep different nationalities together. They were all hoping we changed our mind.

One was a Yugoslav taxi driver, who said he valued the security of Europe being together after the mess his country became after Tito wasn’t there to keep it from imploding. Maybe he was over cooking the situation, due to his past experience, but he sounded very concerned.

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

FA?! Nigel was on the TV, halfway thro the night , shouting about the fight will go on, during the results show. After he thought remain were on the way to a victory. 

No-one is buying your pish.

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

FA?! Nigel was on the TV, halfway thro the night , shouting about the fight will go on, during the results show. After he thought remain were on the way to a victory. 

No-one is buying your pish.

I don't view Farage as part of the "political establishment". He was a fringe player who stood for Parliament eleven (?) times and failed to win every time.  If he is now in danger of becoming part of the political establishment it is because of Parliament failing to deliver the result of the referendum 85% of them voted to hold and 85% were subsequently elected on with a manifesto commitment to "respect the vote".

42 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I don't view Farage as part of the "political establishment". He was a fringe player who stood for Parliament eleven (?) times and failed to win every time.  If he is now in danger of becoming part of the political establishment it is because of Parliament failing to deliver the result of the referendum 85% of them voted to hold and 85% were subsequently elected on with a manifesto commitment to "respect the vote".

Hard to respect the vote when the vote didn't indicate what form Brexit should take.

Aided and abetted by the worst PM in my living memory, desperately trying to hold her party together rather than "respecting the vote", allied to the zealots in her party who are trying to stymie her.

It's not Parliament that is failing to deliver, it is this Prime Minister and the Tory Party that is failing to deliver.

Bindy Badgy

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-brexit-party-investigation-aaron-banks-eu-gifts-donations-funding-a8923961.html?utm_source=reddit.com

The European Parliament has formally opened an investigation into claims that Nigel Farage failed to declare nearly half a million pounds in gifts from an insurance tycoon under investigation by the National Crime Agency. 

A source close to European Parliament president Antonio Tajani confirmed to The Independent that the Brexit Party leader’s case had been referred to the advisory committee that scrutinises financial matters.

It comes as the UK’s own Electoral Commission visited the party’s offices on Tuesday as part of a probe into its finances.

It was claimed last week that the Brexit Party leader has been given as much as £450,000 in kind by Arron Banks, including a chauffeur-driven car, rent and bills on a £4.4m Chelsea home, and lavish trips to the United States to meet with right-wing politicians.

But none of the gifts, detailed in invoices seen by Channel 4 News, were declared on Mr Farage’s register of interests with the European parliament, which is designed to prevent MEPs from keeping their conflicts of interests secret.

And British Steel goes into administration.

Your going to have to teach us these words FA. This Government is Decidecidecimating everything. Nothing to do with Brexit of course.

Bindy Badgy

5,000 jobs in immediate danger with another 20,000 in the supply chain also at risk according to the BBC.

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, Boris said:

Hard to respect the vote when the vote didn't indicate what form Brexit should take.

Aided and abetted by the worst PM in my living memory, desperately trying to hold her party together rather than "respecting the vote", allied to the zealots in her party who are trying to stymie her.

It's not Parliament that is failing to deliver, it is this Prime Minister and the Tory Party that is failing to deliver.

When the two major parties pledged to respect the vote they presumably hadn't spotted that little problem! In fact it gave Parliament and the two major parties a blank cheque to define it how they chose but they still failed to deliver any form ... because too many of MPs don't want any form of Brexit and have been working hard to reverse the vote since the referendum result was known. That the result would be massive support for a "Brexit Party" was blindingly obvious.

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, Sraman said:

And British Steel goes into administration.

Your going to have to teach us these words FA. This Government is Decidecidecimating everything. Nothing to do with Brexit of course.

Whatever it is called 90% of steel jobs in Britain have been lost in the last 45 years of continual decline'. So no, it has very little to do with Brexit.

The Mighty Thor

I see Fluffy Mundell has 'demanded' a meeting with the Maybot regarding a second referendum and the inherent bear traps therein especially with the SNP as strong as they are.

No doubt it'll be another red line resignation issue to the weasley *****.

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, Boris said:

After the ref she should have told the Brexit mob to bolt...they didn't have that much influence...but due to her stupidity they have grown and grown and been more influential...silly woman. 

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I see Fluffy Mundell has 'demanded' a meeting with the Maybot regarding a second referendum and the inherent bear traps therein especially with the SNP as strong as they are.

No doubt it'll be another red line resignation issue to the weasley *****.

Hes a real plonker 

40 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Whatever it is called 90% of steel jobs in Britain have been lost in the last 45 years of continual decline'. So no, it has very little to do with Brexit.

So it was just the final nail in the coffin. I suppose, we'll never know how long they could have limped on without the difficulties imposed upon them by our current situation of complete and utter Tory madness.

Ah well, if it goes on much longer we'll be able to make it cheaper than them again. Swings and roundabouts and what not.

...a bit disco
36 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

image.png

In it for the ermine.

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Leadsom witch quits cabinet.

= May about to be slain.   Within 24 hours.

Rats in a sack. 

Watt-Zeefuik
14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:scenes:

35 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Well, even if nothing else happens tonight, then it's still a great day! 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Craig_ said:

Well, even if nothing else happens tonight, then it's still a great day! 

:greatpost:

I don't think Leadsom is one of the true hard Brexit,  crazed ideologues.     Her hard Brexit mutterings are driven by personal ambition.     But she was part of a cabal who retained May as a useful idiot to facilitate the failure of a softer Brexit.     The useful idiot's use is almost gone.     

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )