Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

The Mighty Thor

School is back in tomorrow which will be interesting given that Farage's collection of chancers is polling well. That'll turn the screw a fair bit on May. 

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

On the first point ... we shall see. Well in my case I suppose later generations will see. I think your view is based more on hope than any real evidence or even much argument. In what might be considered the golden age of capitalism only a tiny minority of people had any sort of pot to piss in. A tendency to move rightwards and to become more conservative was still apparent (as I think has been the case in many different societies). Also, I am not sure the relative poverty that most people suffer when they become "old age pensioners" results in much of a reversal or even moderation of that tendency.

In your reply to SE16. as for the "colossal majority of today's elderly having benefitted enormously from the post war settlement ... I am not sure that is true either. My parents generation were better off than they were in the 30s (not "a big ask" as we say today), they didn't have to pay for their teeth and spectacles or for medical treatment, they were rehoused (although in what came to be new slums for old)  but they were still poor by today's standards. They never ate out (nor with any great variety at home), holidays were "days out", a caravan in North Berwick, or just once a week in Morecambe (contrast the young of today's horror that there might be some (imagined) restriction on their freedom to travel freely in Europe) and even a single landline phone only appeared when the first of the children left home. And we were by no means poor by the standards of the time. It was evil old capitalism that delivered modern consumer benefits like cars, washing machines, fridges, TVs, proper holidays and the many other material benefits that most people enjoy and indeed take for granted today.

Good post. 

17 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ooft. 

You're a right patronising, arsey, kent when the mood takes you, Justin. 

:lol:

:rofl: In my defence, I try to limit it to people who are intentionally being ****ing knobs like this one.

Governor Tarkin
33 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

:rofl: In my defence, I try to limit it to people who are intentionally being ****ing knobs like this one.

No need to defend yourself, buddy. :) ?

8 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

With any luck the bible bashing virgin gets f****d. 

She has, with an ugly stick.

On 22/04/2019 at 03:09, shaun.lawson said:

Not any more it won't. Today's young or merely today's under-50s won't head rightwards as they get older. And you know why? Because they haven't got a pot to piss in. 

Capitalism does not work when people have no access to capital.

In order to have done so, someone would need to be aged at least 92. Maths not your strong point, I take it?

The colossal majority of today's elderly benefited, enormously, from the postwar settlement. Then they went on to vote for Thatcher, and Blair, and Cameron, and May: dismantling that settlement and pulling the ladder up behind them. Buying social housing and renting it out at ridiculous rates; destroying the housing market in terms of both buying and renting. And Brexit was their final **** you to the young. 

Not all old people, certainly. But far, far, far too many of them.

Not sure what its got to do with maths but the the actual quote included "or suffered hardships during that fight". Selective use of quotations is a key tactic of the right as I'm sure you know. Are you really blaming the elderly for Blair, Cameron and May ??

The majority of people who voted Brexit were not elderly although that will be a surprise to the euthanasia proponents on here. It seems you need a scapegoat for life's ills Shaun and I can't help you with that. In the meantime I'll stick by my belief that a society who doesn't care for the elderly cares for nothing.

6 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

In the meantime I'll stick by my belief that a society who doesn't care for the elderly cares for nothing.

Welcome to post no deal brexit Britain!

PM TM attempting to have a 4th vote on her deal by removing the backstop from her deal.

Even though she can't do that.

Coz it's a legal backstop.

To prevent the UK from breaching the GFA.

Which is a UN registered peace treaty.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

PM TM attempting to have a 4th vote on her deal by removing the backstop from her deal.

The jkb equivalent of saying Candyman in the mirror three times

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

The jkb equivalent of saying Candyman in the mirror three times

:rofl:

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Julie1957 said:

Thank the E U for the protection of freedom.The NAZI Tory party cannot handle it.

:rofl:

On 19/04/2019 at 16:29, Francis Albert said:

I said I was wrong. What do you want? Ritual disemboweling?

He probably would.

Turned quite nasty has Z.

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, Cade said:

Border controls between NI and the ROI would be a terrible idea but would not breach the GFA. I have been waiting in vain for anyone to point to the terms of the GFA which they would breach. I will go on waiting because there are no such terms.

Border controls  might well be "inconsistent with the spirit of the GFA" and risk upsetting the "delicate balance of peace" etc (although the New IRA seem to have got in first) but they would not breach the terms of the "UN registered peace treaty". If you read for example Irish PM Varadkar's words on the subject carefully he does not  explicitly say they would breach the GFA.

If the absence of any border controls was already a part of a legally binding treaty registered at the UN and enforceable in international law why is the "back stop" necessary? Why would the back stop be more enforceable than the terms of an already supposedly existing obligation under a binding  international treaty?

As I have said before loose talk of the UK breaching the terms of the GFA plays into the hands of the New IRA and indirectly to their equivalent extremists on the Unionist side.

Edited by Francis Albert

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

Jake’s back!!

Back but still in need of laying off the sauce, seeing as I didn't even make that post. :lol:

shaun.lawson
32 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Back but still in need of laying off the sauce, seeing as I didn't even make that post. :lol:

Welcome back :toasting: 

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

:wave1:

3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Welcome back. :thumbsup:

:whistling:

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:wave1:

3 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Welcome back :toasting: 

So, you two are back as well?

Brilliant!

:cheers:

shaun.lawson
49 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Brilliant!

:D

If only we could get Deeside back too. I miss him. :( 

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

:D

If only we could get Deeside back too. I miss him. :( 

What happened to him/her?

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What happened to him/her?

Got a ton of abuse, walked away. If you're out there deeside, come back!

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Got a ton of abuse, walked away. If you're out there deeside, come back!

Sad.

6 hours ago, Morgan said:

Brilliant!

No, he quoted FA, answer to me, and powered JZ.

On 26/04/2019 at 04:30, Justin Z said:

I find some of your posting especially but not exclusive to FA quite nasty at times.

25 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yougov poll

:greggy:

Scotland in Unions own survation poll

:smugger:

Wagging your tail about a YouGov poll ?

Meanwhile the reality says your vote is meaningless.

And should worry those who voted for independence .

57 minutes ago, jake said:

Wagging your tail about a YouGov poll ?

Meanwhile the reality says your vote is meaningless.

And should worry those who voted for independence .

Whatever you say Jake.

Brexit has worked a treat for Scottish independence. 

SNP set to amass over 50 MPs in a snap G.E, amass around 75 seats in coalition with the Greens at Holyrood. And now the Yes vote is gathering pace. 49% and rising. Oh and the currency debate is dealt with.

I love British Nationalism!

Edited by ri Alban

2 hours ago, jake said:

I find some of your posting especially but not exclusive to FA quite nasty at times.

Eh, but I tend to not express explicit support for avowed racists in my posts either, so it's all a wash in the end, eh Jake?

32 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Eh, but I tend to not express explicit support for avowed racists in my posts either, so it's all a wash in the end, eh Jake?

That old chestnut.

That lazy old chestnut

10 minutes ago, jake said:

That old chestnut.

That lazy old chestnut

You know what is actually lazy? The chestnut about waahhh look how intolerant you're being towards intolerance.

****ing right I get nasty. And if that's upset somebody who expresses approval of racists, I'm doing something right. Because one of these two issues is actually nasty. What you're bitching about? That ain't it, chief.

Edited by Justin Z

2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

You know what is actually lazy? The chestnut about waahhh look how intolerant you're being towards intolerance.

****ing right I get nasty. And if that's upset somebody who expresses approval of racists, I'm doing something right. Because one of these two issues is actually nasty. What you're bitching about? That ain't it, chief.

Show me a FA post which is intolerant.

And I'm not upset.

You seem intolerant of different views.

And lazily retort with racist much in the way your little pal retorts to me regarding 9/11.

And the alky druggie patter.

Must be cosy being up yer ain arse though.

niblick1874

The Bush family are on record telling everyone that the Clinton bunch and whatever the Obama bunch are, are family. Go look it up.

There was a scumbag that backed the Nazis to the hilt that had a son who became the head of the CIA and then the President of the United States of America and his grandson became the President of the United States of America.

Who was that? Prescott Bush. I invite you to have a look. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar

Then there was operation paperclip.

https://www.history.com/news/what-was-operation-paperclip

Thousands of scum along with their research (including those that had everything to do with the education system that churned out Nazi after Nazi.) were spread out all over the place, including Britain.    

Image result for picture of bush and ted heath

Now let us have a look at who took us into Europe, but before we do let me just add this. 

I realize most don't have the time. That is why I am putting it in a 1+1=2 way and all those that will follow with their yer but no but yer but no are not going by facts. the truth may be to scary for some but that doesn't change the facts.

If all else makes no sense and all you are left with is the ridicules, the ridicules is the truth. 

Scary shit, but there it is.

Image result for picture of bush and ted heath

Good to remember how daft people like Leadsom look when discussing their wish lists for trade against actual experts.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

How has 5% of folk thought that UKIP are pro-Europe and 3% thought that the Brexit party is pro-EU?

:vrface:

People are thick as

Looks like 2% thought the Brexit party was neither for nor against Brexit.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Looks like 2% thought the Brexit party was neither for nor against Brexit.

And 8% thought the same for the Lib Dems & the Greens.

Some scary figures there, like 28% didn't know if the SNP were pro or anti Brexit and 3% thought they were pro-brexit & 5% thought the Lib Dems were pro-brexit as well.

Then again we are dealing with the public here, and having dealt with them I can confirm that there is a sizable % that are as thick as two short planks.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )