Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Mh4vv0m.jpg

Little Britain nae pals.

We haven't left the Council of Europe (not to be confused with the European Council which is something else)

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

We haven't left the Council of Europe (not to be confused with the European Council which is something else)

True, we should be there beside Armenia.

50 minutes ago, Cade said:

Not going to happen.

Do keep up.

We need banking access to the EU far more than we need fish.

That'll be a done deal. Banks for fish.

Certainly there's across the board deals to be done or not as the case may be. We're in a strong position to negotiate post Brexit and I'm very confident we'll increase our own fishermen's fishing quotas whatever happens. Delighted that we left an EU that's heading in the wrong direction of ever increasing integration that will eventually all but dissolve national governments. 

3 hours ago, redjambo said:

EU came into being in 1993 when the maastricht treaty was signed, Norway's had one referendum about joining the EU, Switzerland 2.

55 minutes ago, Smithee said:

EU came into being in 1993 when the maastricht treaty was signed, Norway's had one referendum about joining the EU, Switzerland 2.

That's nit-picking, Smithee, and unlike you if you don't mind me saying so. ;)

The EU is simply a continuation of the EC. We usually refer to the EU now as referring to the entity throughout its existence - despite the inaccuracy of the term, it simplifies things. If we have to specify "in its guise as the EC" or "in its guise as the EU" every time we talk about the EC or EU, we'll be here forever formulating what we say about it.

On 13/02/2020 at 15:02, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'm still waiting on a coherent answer as to why anyone voted for Brexit. There must be a few on here, anyone care to step up?

I've given my reasons many times.

Too many

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

That's nit-picking, Smithee, and unlike you if you don't mind me saying so. ;)

The EU is simply a continuation of the EC. We usually refer to the EU now as referring to the entity throughout its existence - despite the inaccuracy of the term, it simplifies things. If we have to specify "in its guise as the EC" or "in its guise as the EU" every time we talk about the EC or EU, we'll be here forever formulating what we say about it.

I know what you're saying but I dont agree mate, the EU may have been the next thing along the line but it's a distinct entity that was very very different in 1993 compared to what was in place 20 years earlier - I remember buying duty free on ferries in the intervening decades for example.

I'm anal AF about details by the way! To such an extent I know the Dutch term for nit-picking through being called an ant ****er in public :laugh2:

8 hours ago, JustinT said:

No to a surpreme European Army was a starter for ten. Taking back control of who fishes in our waters was another big one for me among many other reasons for voting to leave the ever integrating EU and ECHR.

And give them straight back to The EU or England. 👍

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

I know what you're saying but I dont agree mate, the EU may have been the next thing along the line but it's a distinct entity that was very very different in 1993 compared to what was in place 20 years earlier - I remember buying duty free on ferries in the intervening decades for example.

I'm anal AF about details by the way! To such an extent I know the Dutch term for nit-picking through being called an ant ****er in public :laugh2:

:biggrin2: If I need any nits picked, I'll know where to come!

Brighton Jambo

I'm still waiting on a coherent answer as to why anyone voted for Brexit. There must be a few on here, anyone care to step up?

I didn’t but have some family who did.  Their rationale was that they wanted their sovereignty back and were fed up of some of our rules and laws being dictated to us by people who we couldn’t elect or control.  I really don’t want to turn this into a comparison to Scottish independence but the way they talk there was a lot of similarities in terms of taking control to make our decisions for our own future.

that reason has been the overwhelmingly most common one given amongst the people I know.  

by the way that’s not my view so don’t shoot the messenger!! 

7 hours ago, jake said:

I've given my reasons many times.

Too many

He said coherent reasons. Citing reasons like workers' rights and the capitalist underbelly of the org, and then giving all the power you claim to want to claw back for the people to a Tory government is not coherent, it's ****ing lunacy.

2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

He said coherent reasons. Citing reasons like workers' rights and the capitalist underbelly of the org, and then giving all the power you claim to want to claw back for the people to a Tory government is not coherent, it's ****ing lunacy.

The overriding economic policy of the EU is centre right austerity.

And just because someone doesnt agree with being part of it doesnt make them tory racist .

We have the chance to vote in every 5 years a different political party .

Dont try to tell me the EU can be changed within.

Your arguments on a lot of things quickly turn to insults and pomposity .

Even after an uncertain and unsettled political event like brexit the UK economy has outperformed both Germany and France since the referendum.

Flying in the face of what we were told would happen.

Thank me and the other lunatics later.

1 minute ago, jake said:

The overriding economic policy of the EU is centre right austerity.

Arguable, but hardly outlandish.

2 minutes ago, jake said:

And just because someone doesnt agree with being part of it doesnt make them tory racist .

Never said it does. Other things need to be present to come to that conclusion. :kirklol:

2 minutes ago, jake said:

Oh weird, we had the chance to vote in every 5 years different representatives to the European Parliament too--the exact same term.

3 minutes ago, jake said:

Dont try to tell me the EU can be changed within.

5 minutes ago, jake said:

Don't try to tell me the UK can be changed within.

Can't have it both ways, sport.

4 minutes ago, jake said:

Your arguments on a lot of things quickly turn to insults and pomposity .

Cry more. Voting to remove democratic access to the EU and hand all of that power to the Tories was ****ing lunacy.

Space Mackerel
21 minutes ago, jake said:

Even after an uncertain and unsettled political event like brexit the UK economy has outperformed both Germany and France since the referendum.

Flying in the face of what we were told would happen.

Thank me and the other lunatics later.

Erm, you really want to check Ed Conways Twitter thread to see how the latest trade results have been manipulated using gold. 

Thank me later. 

5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Erm, you really want to check Ed Conways Twitter thread to see how the latest trade results have been manipulated using gold. 

Thank me later. 

Yooooo, shadowy, dark cabal, deep state organisations involved in precious metals currency cons? This is the kind of shit that's right up your alley, jakepogchamp-twitch.png

jack D and coke
15 hours ago, JustinT said:

No to a surpreme European Army was a starter for ten. Taking back control of who fishes in our waters was another big one for me among many other reasons for voting to leave the ever integrating EU and ECHR.

Heath sold the waters out in 73. Add in Scottish fishermen selling their quotas and here we are. We already have a euro army of sorts and we are pretty much under American control ffs they even have the codes for our nuclear weapons we can’t fire them without their say so but that’s ok is it? Britain couldn’t fight any war on its own anymore. We don’t have the tools or the manpower. Stop thinking about war, a very British mindset. 
So two things that the media have made you think you care about but will never affect you in any way way whatsoever. 
Anymore? 

3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I didn’t but have some family who did.  Their rationale was that they wanted their sovereignty back and were fed up of some of our rules and laws being dictated to us by people who we couldn’t elect or control.  I really don’t want to turn this into a comparison to Scottish independence but the way they talk there was a lot of similarities in terms of taking control to make our decisions for our own future.

that reason has been the overwhelmingly most common one given amongst the people I know.  

by the way that’s not my view so don’t shoot the messenger!! 

What's their views on Scottish independence?

41 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Heath sold the waters out in 73. Add in Scottish fishermen selling their quotas and here we are. We already have a euro army of sorts and we are pretty much under American control ffs they even have the codes for our nuclear weapons we can’t fire them without their say so but that’s ok is it? Britain couldn’t fight any war on its own anymore. We don’t have the tools or the manpower. Stop thinking about war, a very British mindset. 
So two things that the media have made you think you care about but will never affect you in any way way whatsoever. 
Anymore? 

I'll stick with the our own British and our Allies looking after our national defences while in contrast you want to separate Scotland off and have a continental EU army looking after wee Scotland. Its still a No thanks. 

33 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

image.thumb.png.416e878654520f20d99cb46a176bdf35.png

From the same author, less than two weeks ago:

Image may contain: possible text that says 'Colin Browning @ColinBrowning14 Brilliant weekend celebrating Brexit. Not been on here much. Sank a few yesterday down the local after an enthralling match down the King Power. Where are all the remoaning cyclists who were laughing at me months ago. He who laughs last laughs the longest. 15:38 02/02/2020 Twitter for iPhone 51 Retweets 34 Likes'

Typical snowflake.

Edited by JustinT

jack D and coke
Just now, JustinT said:

I'll stick with the our own British and our Allies looking after our national defences while in contrast you want to separate Scotland off and have a continental EU army looking after wee Scotland. Its still a No thanks. 

War. 
Rule brittania eh. 

2 minutes ago, JustinT said:

Your own. 👍

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

War. 
Rule brittania eh. 

As I said, I'll stick with our own British and Allies protecting our national defences and in contrast you want a completely separated Scotland with an EU army  looking after our defences instead. No thanks.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JustinT said:

As I said, I'll stick with our own British and Allies protecting our national defences and in contrast you want a completely separated Scotland with an EU army  looking after our defences instead. No thanks.

And Europe isn’t our allies? You might want to remember the falklands when Thatcher had to sook in with a mass murderer in Pinochet when the US refused to be our allies back then. Nothing to do with them and refused to let our planes refuel in any US bases. 
They’re our allies when we do what we’re told. 
Why is war so important to you? 

9 minutes ago, JustinT said:

Unfortunately no army can protect us anymore. That boat has left the port. Jihadis everywhere. Hopefully the EU will stop them before they reach here, and the ones who are Our fellow Brits are caught before they kill anyone else. But hey, we'll have Our own military and Our Ally, big Uncle Sam to make sure they don't forget about it, by bombing them again and again.

👍

Edited by ri Alban

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Unfortunately no army can protect us anymore. That boat has left the port. Jihadis everywhere. Hopefully the EU will stop them before they reach here, and the ones who are Our fellow Brits are caught before they kill anyone else. But hey, we'll have Our own military and Our Ally, big Uncle Sam to make sure they don't forget about it, by bombing them again and again.

👍

Don't be so silly. Complete nonsense,

Edited by JustinT

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

And Europe isn’t our allies? You might want to remember the falklands when Thatcher had to sook in with a mass murderer in Pinochet when the US refused to be our allies back then. Nothing to do with them and refused to let our planes refuel in any US bases. 

Once again, I'll stick with our British and our Allies looking after our national defences. You in contrast would want the EU looking after a separate Scotland.

jack D and coke
Just now, JustinT said:

Once again, I'll stick with our British and our Allies looking after our national defences. You in contrast would want the EU looking after a separate Scotland.

It’s cool I can see you have nothing👍🏼

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Yooooo, shadowy, dark cabal, deep state organisations involved in precious metals currency cons? This is the kind of shit that's right up your alley, jakepogchamp-twitch.png

You know me well enough ya big lump.

😉

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

What's their views on Scottish independence?

They live in England so don’t have a strong view either way.   On principle they would probably agree with the sentiment but because I am so anti it they probably wouldn’t say as much! 

dobmisterdobster

I voted leave partially because I am on principal opposed to centralised multinational governments.

But mostly because I knew it would make a bunch of exceptional individuals very salty. Which is pleasing I must say.

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I voted leave partially because I am on principal opposed to centralised multinational governments.

But mostly because I knew it would make a bunch of exceptional individuals very salty. Which is pleasing I must say.

Hopefully you're joking about that. That would be pretty shallow indeed, even for you, dob.

7 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Yet you expect to be taken seriously 

UK is going full ****** with it's insane immigration plans.

The government are proposing a points-style system working as follows:

70 Points are needed to get an entry visa.

20 points - Job offer from approved company

20 points - Job is of an appropriate skill level

10 points - Command of English at acceptable level 

These first three are mandatory

0 points - Salary under £23,039

10 points - Salary between £23,040 and £25,599

20 points - Salary above £25.600

20 points - Job is in an industry with designated staff shortages 

10 points - PHD in a subject relevant to the job

20 points - PHD in a STEM subject relevant to the job

Hospitality, farming, warehousing, retail and care industries are fecked.

Priti Patel has claimed that there are 8million Brits that can be re-trained to fill those jobs, but nobody knows where she gets that figure from as the UK is almost at full employment.

Unless she's counting retirees, people acting as full-time carers and students???

Next thing you know, prisoners will be sentenced to "5 years on the farm" instead of prison.

This is an absolute disaster, and literally the last thing I needed as I continue to try to jump through every single Tory-imposed hoop to emigrate here.

Honestly. I'm beyond gutted.

14 minutes ago, Cade said:

UK is going full ****** with it's insane immigration plans.

The government are proposing a points-style system working as follows:

70 Points are needed to get an entry visa.

20 points - Job offer from approved company

20 points - Job is of an appropriate skill level

10 points - Command of English at acceptable level 

These first three are mandatory

0 points - Salary under £23,039

10 points - Salary between £23,040 and £25,599

20 points - Salary above £25.600

20 points - Job is in an industry with designated staff shortages 

10 points - PHD in a subject relevant to the job

20 points - PHD in a STEM subject relevant to the job

Hospitality, farming, warehousing, retail and care industries are fecked.

Priti Patel has claimed that there are 8million Brits that can be re-trained to fill those jobs, but nobody knows where she gets that figure from as the UK is almost at full employment.

Unless she's counting retirees, people acting as full-time carers and students???

Next thing you know, prisoners will be sentenced to "5 years on the farm" instead of prison.

So the policy is Keep the shitty or low paid jobs just for British workers and just the high paid work for immigrants?
New side of a bus slogan
"Shitty Jobs for British Workers"
"Shitty Pay for British Workers"

11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:facepalm: 

These people can now do as they please, bolstered by the dumbass voters who elected them. They don't give a shit, as long as they see the borders going up.

Edited by ri Alban

So the Brexiteers now get to watch Brits having to take the low paid, lesser-skilled jobs, while qualified immigrants take the higher paid jobs?

Will be hilarious to watch this sink in with the right-wingers / pro-Brexiteers. However, I have concerns my wife (who runs a Caff Nero store with 80% of non-British, low-skilled, less than £20k p/a Baristas) will struggle to replace anyone who leaves their job. She's well aware (through epxerience) how lazy and unreliable British workers are in retail (compared to our harder-working European brothers and sisters). Most won't even apply for a Barista job, due to the pay and hours.

It's another positive step for Scottish Independence.

On 15/02/2020 at 12:33, JustinT said:

Where is this EU army you keep mentioning?

NATO would seem to consist of EU members, as well as our North American allies, so not sure how an EU army changes that?

However it seems the UK is happy to have defence co-operation with France. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-and-france-commit-to-new-defence-cooperation

France who are in the EU and probably a mover and shaker in any EU army conspiracy?

Also, if we were still in the EU, couldn't we simply veto any move to an EU army?

Equally, why would an independent Scotland in the EU be disadvantaged?

Looks like the people who shouted 

“ all these foreigners coming over here and stealing our jobs “

will have to switch off their morning and afternoon tv shows and get themselves working . Turkeys voting for Christmas.

On 15/02/2020 at 12:37, jack D and coke said:

Let’s not forget that our French allies were selling Exocet missiles to Argentina right up to the start of the Falklands war .

You are right tho war is shit , we never learn . 

On 15/02/2020 at 12:50, JustinT said:

You ever heard of Nato?? 

Montgomery Brewster
3 hours ago, XB52 said:

You ever heard of Nato?? 

😂

obviously not. As I have said on many a thread - the masses  need to put down theIr copy of the daily mail / express and educate themselves.

NATO members; brave and loyal allies maintaining a joint military alliance helping to protect the UK since 1949:

Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain

EVIL EU members who are secretly planning a joint military hell-bent on world domination and a serious threat to the UK:

Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain

:wtfvlad:

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )