Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

"Eu vessels will no longer have automatic fishing rights in UK waters"

Aye but we sell 70% of our current catch to EU nations so they'll simply tariff the shite out of them and wreck the fishing economy.

AND they'll use fishing access as a bargaining chip in order for the City of London to have banking access.

Which is worth more to the UK economy?

Fish, or banking?

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Space Mackerel
8 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Scotland will be independent and back in the EU within 5 years though. 😂😂😂😂

An independent Scotland will be able to veto England re-joining the EU, brutal.

Ainsley Harriott
16 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

An independent Scotland will be able to veto England re-joining the EU, brutal.

Amazed you're still here. Would have thought likening someone to a holocaust denier would result in a ban for personal abuse. Seems the Nats get away with anything on here though. 

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Amazed you're still here. Would have thought likening someone to a holocaust denier would result in a ban for personal abuse. Seems the Nats get away with anything on here though. 

Sakes, another cry baby :lol:

I didn't write the Daily Record column you know, just thought you wanted to know where the major party was on Brexit up here. You were shouting Independence Day earlier and I didn't want you to miss out on all the fun.

31 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I got called an anti-semite by a unionist a few weeks ago. You're not being oppressed and "Nats" aren't getting special treatment. Suck it up, snowflake.

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I got called an anti-semite by a unionist a few weeks ago. You're not being oppressed and "Nats" aren't getting special treatment. Suck it up, snowflake.

Haha Snow Flake. Neither are acceptable I understood this place was for healthy conversation and debate not personal abuse. Turns out I was wrong 

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Haha Snow Flake. Neither are acceptable I understood this place was for healthy conversation and debate not personal abuse. Turns out I was wrong 

To be clear, I used that term with the thickest of irony. I probably just shouldn't have altogether.

But no, unfortunately, I have to agree with you that things have been allowed to devolve--no pun intended--into far less productive debate and discussion than ought to be possible.

Space Mackerel
9 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Are you really the TV chef?

ainsley 2.jpg

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

:laugh:

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Boris is the one that is getting away with everything.

Image may contain: possible text that says 'Only 4 days to go until NHS funding increases by £350 million a week.'

:rofl:

EU parliament ratifies the Withdrawal Agreement by 621 votes to 49.

The chamber then held hands and sang Auld Lang Syne.

2 days until the UK hits reality.

The Mighty Thor
31 minutes ago, Cade said:

Whilst Farage, widdecombe and their rag tag assortment of xenophobes were waving mini butcher's aprons chuntering on about sovereignty. 

The positive from it all I suppose, is that it removes the oxygen of publicity from the arsehole. 

42 minutes ago, Cade said:

Had a tear in my eye watching that 😢.

Ainsley Harriott
47 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Had a tear in my eye watching that 😢.

Beautiful I cant wait. In the words of Nigel we love Europe but hate the EU

8 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Cant wait for Independence Day on Friday. Rule Britania.

What is it youre looking forward to most about Brexit?

3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Beautiful I cant wait. In the words of Nigel we love Europe but hate the EU

Yes what cAnt u wait for after Brexit ? Name some positives please ? 

Ainsley Harriott
8 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

What is it youre looking forward to most about Brexit?

My opportunity to scavenge road kill when we have food shortages.

28 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

My opportunity to scavenge road kill when we have food shortages.

It would be nice to hear a proper view. I have no I'll felling about Brexit, England and Scotland have different issues, so Brexit was a certainty. I do not see why you'd be against Scotland doing like wise.

It looks like the fishing industry is about to be rode for the financial sector. And border checks are going up, rather than being in tandem with the EU. 

Anyway, I hope everything turns out well. I know Scotland will.

Edited by ri Alban

Good Friday Agreement makes hard border in Ireland impossible, despite Leaver claims > Border will be down the Irish Sea.

Leavers claim we'll be taking back control of fisheries > Fishing access will be traded for banking access.

Chancellor claims there will be no legal regulatory compliance > Anybody wanting to export to the EU will have to opt for it anyways.

It's all going swimmingly.

:gocompare:

manaliveits105

Sturgeon was happy to sell the fishermen up the river - fortunately Brexit will save them 

what a reddy by the way the Scottish MEPs being piped out the European parliament - cringetastic 

On 30/01/2020 at 10:16, manaliveits105 said:

what a reddy by the way the Scottish MEPs being piped out the European parliament - cringetastic 

I believe the term is "riddy".

Your First Minister

image.png.28180618bf1f9df85c78c8e85ef0beb9.png

:greggy:

Sturgeon was happy to sell the fishermen up the river - fortunately Brexit will save them 

Anne and Nigel were piped out of the European parliament. And it's riddy and down the river.

1 minute ago, Cade said:

If you think Brexit is going to do anything to improve the lives of the fishing community you are even more deluded than I thought.

This will be from the same people that 100% iron-clad guaranteed, never thought about the fishing industry in their entire lives until the last 3½ years.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Iain Duncan Smith has again stated that the UK should be prepared to walk away with No Deal at the end of this year.

:vrface:

A bit more respect.

Sir f*****g.

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, Cade said:

If you think Brexit is going to do anything to improve the lives of the fishing community you are even more deluded than I thought.

We export the fish we catch and import the fish we eat. 

But the SNP bad sold the fishurmin up the river. 

:cornette:

Do you like Scotland at all? Your posts are a little deranged! Sound like a Rangers fan. 

FFS!! At least try and get your facts right . The piper was leading out the members of THE BREXIT PARTY!! just give up please.

The Mighty Thor

According to the Torygraph, Govt sources (Cummings) the EU have reneged on their negotiating position.

2 days. 2 ****ing days and already it's the EUs fault 🤣

manaliveits105
22 hours ago, micole said:

FFS!! At least try and get your facts right . The piper was leading out the members of THE BREXIT PARTY!! just give up please.

snp had their own too 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

With Brexit on the wane, here's Wayne on Brexit. Comedy gold and utterly tragic in equal measure.

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1223304092107399173

I think Wayne's problem stems from large amounts of south American pharmaceuticals, which have addled what little was going on between his lugs. 

EU sets out red lines for the trade deal: Boris adamant he'll not meet any of them.

An interesting 11 months of Tory dicking around followed by a cliff edge WTO exit on hogmanay ahead.

:fonzie:

WorldChampions1902
17 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think Wayne's problem stems from large amounts of south American pharmaceuticals, which have addled what little was going on between his lugs. 

Drugs and alcohol. Welcome to Wayne's World. Blootered to oblivion. Seems like a good idea to numb the pain of the next phase of this sh**show. At least Wayne knew what he voted for......"Infrastructure". Then came the adverse effects of quote...."Imports". Thankfully, the interviewer realised that Wayne's mastery of alliteration would inevitably lead to another "i" word and cut the exchange short.

On 01/02/2020 at 09:58, Justin Z said:

I believe the term is "riddy".

Your First Minister

image.png.28180618bf1f9df85c78c8e85ef0beb9.png

:greggy:

Highly unlikely this had anything to do with the EU.

Projection done by Double Take Projections, who's clients include The Scottish Government and The SNP.

I wonder who paid for them to go out there and do it though.

83213407_3011216292270674_263368103260323840_n.jpg

13 hours ago, Adam Murray said:

Highly unlikely this had anything to do with the EU.

Projection done by Double Take Projections, who's clients include The Scottish Government and The SNP.

I wonder who paid for them to go out there and do it though.

Reading the Facebook page--some people in a right tizzy over this :lol: Thanks for the tip. Belter! :thumbsup: Although I think my favourite has been Leeuwarden in the Netherlands.

go91k26ch.1-0.jpg

Tories just tried to bar certain media outlets from a Brexit briefing.

Every journalist in the room got up and walked out in solidarity.

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

Laura Kuenssberg and Robert Peston among the journalists who walked out. 

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Bit late!

Now in future they can say "See? We do hold them to account!" whilst not holding them to account.

A page directly out of Trump's playbook. Imagine my surprise at who's in favour of tinpot dictatorship practices in No 10.

dobmisterdobster

Traditional journalism is becoming irrelevant with the internet and social media.

Journalists are having a hard time understanding this.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )