• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mighty Thor
22 minutes ago, Cade said:

Withdrawal Bill finally passes the UK parliament.

Brace yourselves, the cliff-edge is coming.

Plenty time. We've got a whole year before the inevitible no deal exit.

Yes it will take a few years for the shit to really hit the fan so sadly that cretin and his party might win another term but hey at least we " got brexit done" 

North Sea oil can still be the bargaining chip we need

Can't believe I never saw this article at the time (published a year ago November). Right, so when it comes to arguing against Scottish independence, oil is not useful. Westminster and commentators south of the border have spent what--forty years or so?--writing off oil. It's running out, it's falling in value, it can't sustain Scotland, it's Banana Republic fantasy economics, blah blah blah.

But for Brexit? It's the bargaining chip we need.

:rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:

I can't speak for everybody, but I can at least say that personally, I will have a lot more respect for you if you just come out, hands up, say "right, I was duped, they got me" and then move on with your life, rather than continuing to cling to this fairy tale.

20 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Plenty time. We've got a whole year before the inevitible no deal exit.

No Deal is a possibility.

It will be a test of whether Boris Johnson is the centre ground One Nation guy he was as London major. Or if it is a big move to a deregulated free market future.

The big majority he has changes everything. He has full freedom. Apart from the EU being by far the more powerful negotiating partner. 

A nice close relationship with the EU still remains possible. 

1 hour ago, jumpship said:

Screenshot_20191221-111618_Twitter.jpg

The Conservatives say they have just made the Brexit legislation simpler and will legislate separately for all these other things.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Conservatives say they have just made the Brexit legislation simpler and will legislate separately for all these other things.

They will do what makes them and their friends more wealthy... 

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

North Sea oil can still be the bargaining chip we need

Can't believe I never saw this article at the time (published a year ago November). Right, so when it comes to arguing against Scottish independence, oil is not useful. Westminster and commentators south of the border have spent what--forty years or so?--writing off oil. It's running out, it's falling in value, it can't sustain Scotland, it's Banana Republic fantasy economics, blah blah blah.

But for Brexit? It's the bargaining chip we need.

:rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:

I can't speak for everybody, but I can at least say that personally, I will have a lot more respect for you if you just come out, hands up, say "right, I was duped, they got me" and then move on with your life, rather than continuing to cling to this fairy tale.

Then there is this.

http://www.thescottishstandard.scot/scottish-politics/the-postal-ballot-at-the-scottish-independence-referendum-fraud

• 4 weeks later...

Disappointingly there aren't so many Brexit supporters on here.

I wonder what they think about the news that foreign ownership of shares in UK listed companies has hit a record high of 55%. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/business/overseas-shares-ownership-record-high-1364549%3famp

Is that taking back control? 

7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Disappointingly there aren't so many Brexit supporters on here.

I wonder what they think about the news that foreign ownership of shares in UK listed companies has hit a record high of 55%. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/business/overseas-shares-ownership-record-high-1364549%3famp

Is that taking back control? 

Am I the only one that is missing any link between this and brexit?

On 16/01/2020 at 21:02, jamb0_1874 said:

Am I the only one that is missing any link between this and brexit?

Brexit is about 'taking back control'.

If that includes foreign ownership of British companies it might be a surprise to a lot of Brexiteers. 

Edited by Mikey1874

"There will be no regulatory alignment"

Mr Potato Head, The Chancellor

But anybody wanting to export to the EU will have to make sure their products meet EU regs anyways ya plum.

Just because the government is refusing to put in law that EU regs still apply doesn't make them go away or stop applying.

THEY DO.

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, Cade said:

"There will be no regulatory alignment"

Mr Potato Head, The Chancellor

But anybody wanting to export to the EU will have to make sure their products meet EU regs anyways ya plum.

Just because the government is refusing to put in law that EU regs still apply doesn't make them go away or stop applying.

THEY DO.

In the meantime crippling businesses and then telling them they've had 3 years to prepare for something they still have no definition of. 😂

27 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

In the meantime crippling businesses and then telling them they've had 3 years to prepare for something they still have no definition of. 😂

This economic cost is the remainers' fault though. :rofl:

7 hours ago, Justin Z said:

So! Businesses won't be getting compensated if they go under. Well I never.

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Oh the blame game hasn't even started yet. 

The clock is ticking away and Johnson and his gaggle of charlatans  have nowhere to hide anymore.

The short term bell ringing euphoria of 11pm on 31/1 will probably be forgotten by mid-February as the pound comes under pressure from people who just don't believe hard enough. 

It'll probably go down hill from there. 

SectionDJambo
19 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Oh the blame game hasn't even started yet. 

The clock is ticking away and Johnson and his gaggle of charlatans  have nowhere to hide anymore.

The short term bell ringing euphoria of 11pm on 31/1 will probably be forgotten by mid-February as the pound comes under pressure from people who just don't believe hard enough. 

It'll probably go down hill from there. 

No doubt.

It will all be Johnny Foreigner’s fault. They will all have ganged up and picked on our illustrious, courageous  island out of spite and self interest.

A dose of irony coming.

All three devolved assemblies appearing as if they are going to refuse to give their consent to the EU withdrawal bill.

Constitutionally speaking, this further strengthens the argument that Westminster is England's de facto "devolved" Parliament. Westminster has absolute sovereignty--which becomes an even more inconvenient truth when pitted against such platitudes as "A Union of Equals". Three subservient assmeblies for three countries, which derive their power from the sovereign parliament which represents the interests of the fourth.

It is clear that as regards political and constitutional matters, the Union is untenable; it's been proven time and again by the shambles that is the handling of the EU negotiations and the contempt Westminster has shown to all three--but especially to the Scottish Parliament--on behalf of its English constituency.

The final day of the UK existing in the EU parliament yesterday . . . and a Brexit ****ing MEP tweets this

brexit.thumb.jpg.4aae2df4193888bf869d363e7e4a832a.jpg

If you didn't laugh, you'd cry.

EU Council and Commission ratify the Withdrawal Agreement.

EU Parliament to vote on it next week.

Then we have 11 months to come up with some sort of deal.

Which won't happen because that's nowhere near enough time, the UK doesn't know what it wants and the Tories actually believe that No Deal and WTO rules are the best outcome possible.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

EU Council and Commission ratify the Withdrawal Agreement.

EU Parliament to vote on it next week.

Then we have 11 months to come up with some sort of deal.

Which won't happen because that's nowhere near enough time, the UK doesn't know what it wants and the Tories actually believe that No Deal and WTO rules are the best outcome possible.

Boris must be hoping that negotiating a comprehensive trade deal with the EU inside 11 months is not as difficult as negotiating Big Ben to bong for 1 minute

Can't help but get the impression that this government will preside over a complete shambles, whilst denying access to scrutiny or accountability.  Their brexit mandate/mantra will wain and people will soon realise that they have been deceived.

In saying that, anyone that voted for these charlatans get what they deserve.  Unfortunately, the carnage that may be wrought will be hard to rectify. Still, it doesn't really matter, does it? The planet's ****ed and all they are doing is tuning the violins for Rome's arson.

Our own hubris is our ultimate nemesis.

2 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Not true. People that believe in Scottish Independence have been, and will be 100% correct about everyone in history and existence. 

Eh?

8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Settled Status scheme is going well

I see he applied for the wrong thing according to that story

1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

Hi @Smithee

Name a single thing that Scottish Nationalists have ever been wrong about. 

Hi Z

What are you on about? What have nationalists got to do with what boris said?

I like reading indy supporters comments on here who are remainers.

And brexit supporters on the indy thread who are unionist.

They do enjoy their hypocrisy.

And so do I.

😄

20 minutes ago, jake said:

I like reading indy supporters comments on here who are remainers.

And brexit supporters on the indy thread who are unionist.

They do enjoy their hypocrisy.

And so do I.

😄

I'm sure many enjoy your hard of thinking inability to perceive subtlety or shades of grey in anything, but opt to keep it to themselves, by and large.

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

I'm sure many enjoy your hard of thinking inability to perceive subtlety or shades of grey in anything, but opt to keep it to themselves, by and large.

😄 

What a shot .

2 minutes ago, jake said:

😄

What a shot .

Had high hopes for you recently but never realised your new year's resolution was to post more like this guy.

tenor.gif?itemid=5019672

2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Had high hopes for you recently but never realised your new year's resolution was to post more like this guy.

tenor.gif?itemid=5019672

Patronising and insulting .

On the ball today are you not.

I post my views and if that's how you see me theres nothing I can do .

Sorry to disappoint .

Just now, jake said:

Patronising and insulting .

On the ball today are you not.

I post my views and if that's how you see me theres nothing I can do .

Sorry to disappoint .

I am indeed. Come in here ignorant and arrogant with smileys and love hearts and "hypocrisy" (oh my sides) again, and expect more of the same. :winkiss:

Just now, Justin Z said:

I am indeed. Come in here ignorant and arrogant with smileys and love hearts and "hypocrisy" (oh my sides) again, and expect more of the same. :winkiss:

Mmm.

Something tells me it's a little more than that which I understand just to join in with the patronising.

Just now, jake said:

Mmm.

Something tells me it's a little more than that which I understand just to join in with the patronising.

I can't even make sense of this sentence, but it doesn't matter. You get what you give. You crying about being patronised two posts after you wrote that condescending pish about hypocrisy that is anything but, is an absolute laugh.

You enjoy your hypocrisy.

And so do I.

😄

7 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I can't even make sense of this sentence, but it doesn't matter. You get what you give. You crying about being patronised two posts after you wrote that condescending pish about hypocrisy that is anything but, is an absolute laugh.

You enjoy your hypocrisy.

And so do I.

😄

Jake's being ragdolled here. 

Brexit and Scottish independence are not the same thing.

At all.

Claims of double standards and hypocrisy are laughable as the two situations are very different.

SectionDJambo

The real fun is about start after we leave. It’s all going to be dead easy to do wonderful trade deals with the entire world, especially the US, who are already saying that it won’t quite happen unless we follow their thoughts on 5G.

Johnny Foreigner, in the EU needs us more than we need them, but it seems that he still needs to be convinced of this. But the EU can’t afford to make it cosy for the UK, or other member states will start to think they could leave too.

No checks on goods moving between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK will happen, except the ones that we are now being told will have to happen.

We are stumbling along, with false confidence, like someone in a dark room without a torch, and no idea where we are going to end up.

And it will be the fault of everybody else if, or when, it doesn’t go quite to “plan”.

If there was ever a story that was a microcosm of the two sides to this, it's this one.

New Brexit battle for Remainers and Leavers as Ode to Joy nears top of UK music chart

Remainers are on a mission to get European Union anthem Ode to Joy to Number 1 in the next official chart - which is revealed on January 31st, the date of the UK's departure.

. . .

But Brexiteers are also looking to get their own song to the top of the charts on the same day.

17 Million ****-Offs is the name of a crude song that Leavers have previously tried to get into the charts on previous dates that Brexit was meant to happen.

--

One of the greatest musical compositions of all time--an integral part of the rich history of post-Renaissance European music--versus lyrics with "expletives and slurs about prominent politicians and campaigners" and the clumsily rhymed lyric, "It was the greatest democratic turnout in British history, I do not scoff, and when the time came to speak the British said **** off, **** off".

Space Mackerel
21 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Cant wait for Independence Day on Friday. Rule Britania.

Are you having a party?

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )