Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

A remoaner judge up here thinks he's billy big baws. No doubt concerned about his holiday homes.

Judges up here are Billy big baws. I'm not sure you would even register on his IQometer.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Build the supports on large barges!

Nah no good. It has to be sky hooks attached to the cloud with the silver lining.

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Uk Supreme court.

Hearing the appeal next tuesday

Depending on the outcome I can see this ending up in the EU court of human rights. Someone will claim their human rights are undermined by Parliament being prorogued. Now that would be a popcorn moment. 

11 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Nah no good. It has to be sky hooks attached to the cloud with the silver lining.

Sounds like the sort of thing that should be put to a referendum. If the people vote for it then the only failing will be the politicians who fail to deliver it 😋

Union baron Len McCluskey went further and suggested Mr Johnson should be put under 'citizens arrest'. 

'My advice to the prime minister is don't go up to Scotland - you're liable to face a citizen's arrest,' he told Sky News. 

Where’s  Peter Tachell? 

I've never understood the view of Leave voters that 'Remoan' is the choice of the elite.

Farage, Johnson, Banks, Rees-Mogg etc are all very rich, white men. Brexit is a movement of the ultra-elite to achieve a right wing hegemony and the people that will likely suffer the most if they manage to achieve this, are the people at the bottom of the ladder.

Labour should "unequivocally back Remain" in a fresh Brexit referendum and only then pursue power in a general election, its deputy has said.
Tom Watson said there was "no such thing as a good Brexit deal" and the 2016 Leave vote had been "invalidated". 
His comments put him at odds with the party's leader Jeremy Corbyn, who has not committed to back either side in another vote if Labour wins power. 
Unite leader Len McCluskey said Mr Watson's views "don't really matter". 

Pure gold from Labour. The split, at odds and dispute I mean. 

This really needs to be taken out of the hands of the politicians and given back to the people. The referendum question should read,

“Based on what you know so far and what you’ve witnessed, should we leave or remain?” 

The reasoning behind that wording is despite what or who you believe is telling the truth or porkies the real outcome of Brexit will take years to materialise.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

A remoaner judge up here thinks he's billy big baws. No doubt concerned about his holiday homes.

You really are just a parody of a leaver now. You should try a bit harder with your Jock bashing

Some fuzzy logic from the English High Court explaining their ruling to kick the case straight up to the Supreme Court.

They ruled that because proroguation was a political decision based not on Law but on Parliamentary convention, then they can't make a ruling on it.

So, because it's not based on Law, they decided it can't be illegal.

:interehjrling: 

Luckily, the Supreme Court more or less IS the constitutional court and they CAN make a ruling.

It's very possible that the Supreme Court will find prorogue lawful due to differences between Scots and English, Welsh law however the the judgement today in the Scots Court found that the PM misled and lied to the Head of State.

Edited by DETTY29

Dusk_Till_Dawn

A referendum isn’t going to solve anything. All you’ll end up with is another group who lose narrowly and feel too aggrieved to let it go.

Back in 2016 there should have been a consensus over a genuine compromise. Too many on both sides in the commons have been pursuing their own ends and agendas and this is where we are.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

I've never understood the view of Leave voters that 'Remoan' is the choice of the elite.

Farage, Johnson, Banks, Rees-Mogg etc are all very rich, white men. Brexit is a movement of the ultra-elite to achieve a right wing hegemony and the people that will likely suffer the most if they manage to achieve this, are the people at the bottom of the ladder.

I think it’s fair to say that the argument at the highest level is taking place between the elite, on both sides.

Leadsome thinks the Yellowhammer dossier shouldn't be released because the public might be scared. For the first time in my life I think there is a chance of civil war in the UK, or at least serious unrest that could bring about civil war. Now that does scare me.

AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Leadsome thinks the Yellowhammer dossier shouldn't be released because the public might be scared. For the first time in my life I think there is a chance of civil war in the UK, or at least serious unrest that could bring about civil war. Now that does scare me.

I think there is almost zero chance of civil war. 

50 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

No one is taking up arms over something that 1% of the public considered to be an issue as recently as 2015. Membership of the EU.

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Leadsome thinks the Yellowhammer dossier shouldn't be released because the public might be scared. 

So she's confirming that the content of Yellowhammer is not good and the public need to take steps to prepare properly if there is a no deal.

To not allow people to determine what they need to do in order to ensure they have appropriate food supplies and medicine is criminal. To know the content and to not be concerned enough that it changes her approach on Brexit suggests she is fundamentally callous.

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Maybe you wouldn't, but it's significantly higher than the median income in this country.

It's a good wage but doesn't put you anywhere near the 'rich' bracket. 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Martin_T said:

:spoton:

A referendum could be on the cards. 

Part of the proposals to get an agreement being put forward by Boris includes the option of a referendum for N.Ireland on the new Backstop. 

All these things will need a longer extension that 31 Jan. 

Farage claims to be skint.

He's just the equivalent of a drugs mule for some seriously rich people.

Not unlike many politicians in one way or another, I suppose.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's a good wage but doesn't put you anywhere near the 'rich' bracket. 

Rich is a subjective term. 

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Rich is a subjective term. 

We're all in the gutter, Alphonse, but some of us are looking at the stars. 

Joanna Cherry made the factually correct observation that the Court of Session today was a higher court than the English High Court decision because the English hearing was a first instance one,   while the Court of Session was acting as the appeal court above the previous hearing in Edinburgh.   

Regarding the stark difference between the two rulings... none of the TV news coverage has covered ground regarding the fact that these two rulings have been derived from two different legal systems.     There has also been no thought towards what material differences there were between the submissions to the courts.     To attempt to understand why these courts have ruled differently,   surely it would be necessary to understand what was submitted to the courts by the legal teams.

People like Andrea Leadsom are the type of so-called politicians who would absolutely find no difficulty in accepting and working within an actual dictatorship.      She's already given the game away before regarding that.     She's been quite clear and overt in the past that nobody but the government should have any say in Brexit,    as well as being entirely at ease with withholding important information.

"It's between us and the EU" was a very brief comment,   but it said an awful lot more about her mindset.     You can add the likes of Morgan,  Zahawi,  Villiers,  Cleverly,  Raab,  Kwarteng,  Truss and McVey to that particular type of Tory scumbag.     The type of people who would try to justify actual dictatorship without a second thought.

Edited by Victorian

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Did you see the Andrew Neil Show, he was mentioning things like this. 

No I only saw the evening news on BBC,  ITV and C4.    

It only takes a glance to see that the government is acting directly against the national interest and it's solemn prime directive of protecting the population.

They're getting deeper and deeper into a very serious hole.

Just now, Victorian said:

It only takes a glance to see that the government is acting directly against the national interest and it's solemn prime directive of protecting the population.

They're getting deeper and deeper into a very serious hole.

They should be debating this in Parliament. 

Might be back this week. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Might be back this week. 

Q1.    Why was it necessary to pass a new act of parliament to force this information out?

Q2.    Why is the government pursuing a strategy that could cause many of the estimated effects detailed in the document?    Especially since there is every opportunity to completely eliminate the risks.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Might be back this week. 

It won't be though. It's up to Boris to recall Parliament, until the Supreme Court decides that the prorogation is invalid (if it does indeed declare that), and there's not a ghost of a chance of him doing so.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

This has been released due to a vote in Parliament on Monday.

That vote also demanded release of contacts with advisors on closing Parliament. Sky News saying some documents have been released but not sure what. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-49642336/operation-yellowhammer-government-loses-commons-vote

Tbf,    the communications bit is the bit that could send some people off to find the best lawyer they can afford.

Hiding behind data protection and employment law.     Some valid logic but this could be forced out in court,    especially since it feeds into the ongoing prorogation hearings.    

Sunday Times journalist who got the leak 2 weeks ago is saying its the same document with a new title. 

What the government at the time said was out of date. Another lie. 

It's an interesting question now. Boris said No Deal is okay. Supported too by many people, nearly a majority in polls. What will the public think now? 

What will they think of Boris?

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )