Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Tory high heid yins reckon they'll come in around 6th in the EU elections, behind LibDems, Labour, Greens, UKIP and whatever Farage's lot are now calling themselves. 

Change and SNP also expected to win almost every seat they stand for.

Next GE will be a hoot.

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel bad voting, but I suppose I'd still vote at Wm if Scotland were still in the UK post yes. So, I don't feel that bad.

SNP✓

I just saw the end of it last night but I've seen that the 2 part BBC fly on the wall programme on the EU negociating team is good. 

Brexit Behind Closed Doors. 

21 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

They may be, but we'll be on the outside looking in whilst being run by a hybrid right wing amalgam of UKIP/Farage's mob/the split Tory right looking for a new straw man to blame for the UK vanishing up it's own ringpiece. 

As a pro European Scot I'm not not looking forward to that much. 

I think you will find that the member nations are in fact more likely to be governed by a right wing amalgam.

The EU will not survive .

Why can someone not come out and tell the truth.We cannot leave.It is so simple you cannot trade with the  E U if you trade with countries the E U does not have trade deals with.You cannot break the sterile bubble.

Parliament now into the longest session since the English Civil War.

Tories running scared of a general election.

:glorious:

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

Why can someone not come out and tell the truth.We cannot leave.It is so simple you cannot trade with the  E U if you trade with countries the E U does not have trade deals with.You cannot break the sterile bubble.

Not sure I understand this. We trade with lots of countries that do not have trade deals with the EU. Obviously these countries currently trade with the EU despite not having trade deals with the EU.

Too confusing for me !

Can I ask a question ?

A very simple one ! ?

What happens if there is another referendum and the result is the same ?

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Too confusing for me !

Can I ask a question ?

A very simple one ! ?

The vote will be "respected". Or to put it another way we will keep voting until we give the right answer.

15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The vote will be "respected". Or to put it another way we will keep voting until we give the right answer.

If it wasn’t so serious, and the electorate had a sense of humour, they should just vote leave again.

Either way, I think the UK, as a nation, is ****ed !

28 minutes ago, Boab said:

Too confusing for me !

Can I ask a question ?

A very simple one ! ?

We bash on with the total clusterfeck we currently have and end up a global laughing stock with a ruined economy.

11 minutes ago, Cade said:

We bash on with the total clusterfeck we currently have and end up a global laughing stock with a ruined economy.

Hopefully everyone turns up at Nigel's door when it does. No doubt he'll be living in Germany.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Bye Honda :wave1:

Considering they have struck a deal with the EU it's highly unlikely they'd have stayed anyway.

Next.

Herr Farage has now decided that the BBC are "the enemy".

After all his countless appearances on Question Time over the last few years and the easy ride he's been given by interviewers over that time period.

He's also refusing to tell anybody about any policy his wee gang have come up with until after the EU elections.

So a blind vote for Nigel.

All announced at a wee rally he held in a wee room in Yorkshire, attended by a lot of old white people.

24 minutes ago, Cade said:

Currently outperforming most of Europe if capitalism and chasing growth is your thang

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Herr Farage has now decided that the BBC are "the enemy".

After all his countless appearances on Question Time over the last few years and the easy ride he's been given by interviewers over that time period.

He's also refusing to tell anybody about any policy his wee gang have come up with until after the EU elections.

So a blind vote for Nigel.

All announced at a wee rally he held in a wee room in Yorkshire, attended by a lot of old white people.

Go on the old whiteys I say.

Teach some of the young kiddie on left a thing or two.

Like not trying to be kiddie on left and quoting the stock market everytime it falls to back up how Brexit is bad.

Dont know your skin colour but I'm assuming you will be old and white one day.

3 minutes ago, jake said:

Currently outperforming most of Europe if capitalism and chasing growth is your thang

Recent figures down to stockpiling was it not? Hardly sustainable.

55 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

But but leave voters are fick as fek mate or old or racist.

And my God they are even white.

Imagine the offence felt if i posted about people's voting preference and their skin colour.

(Non white obviously)

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Recent figures down to stockpiling was it not? Hardly sustainable.

Stockpiling?

Lost me there Boris.

I was referring to employment and the economy.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, jake said:

Well yeah, but as part of the EU. You have to wait til after Brexit to go "see how good things are away fron the EU?"

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Well yeah, but as part of the EU. You have to wait til after Brexit to go "see how good things are away fron the EU?"

True enough.

The thing is every time theres economic news that's not so good guess what.

We were reliably mis informed by the remain side that even a vote for Brexit would see it all come crashing down around us.

From the serving chancellor no less.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, jake said:

True enough.

The thing is every time theres economic news that's not so good guess what.

We were reliably mis informed by the remain side that even a vote for Brexit would see it all come crashing down around us.

From the serving chancellor no less.

The extreme voices on both sides are full of shit, we all know that, but I'd say the most obvious thing to take from your economic factoid is how well Britain does within the EU

Edited by Smithee

Francis Albert

If the economy had performed badly since the leave vote (as predicted) I wonder what it would have been blamed on?

Edited by Francis Albert

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If the economy had performed badly since the leave vote (as predicted) I wonder what it would have been blamed on?

The leave vote probably!

Francis Albert
17 minutes ago, Boris said:

The leave vote probably!

Quite. Worse than expected - leave vote. Better than expected - leave vote. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

The extreme voices on both sides are full of shit, we all know that, but I'd say the most obvious thing to take from your economic factoid is how well Britain does within the EU

Factoid?

The most obvious thing I take is that despite the scare stories predicting economic turmoil immediately after the vote ....it hasn't happened.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

I have to laugh Boris.

The economy performed better than expected because of Brexit.

The economy is struggling because of Brexit.

You are a Karl Marx man mate.

The economic forecast is going just as he said.

We are now entering the squeezing of the middle class.

Brexit wont be allowed to happen.

So you can all rest safely as we rest in the arms of the EU .

Oh and here's one for those who want independence.

If as I suspect Brexit wont be delivered with the help of the establishment 

Do you think the EU will make it easy for Scotland to rejoin?

9 hours ago, jake said:

I have to laugh Boris.

The economy performed better than expected because of Brexit.

The economy is struggling because of Brexit.

You are a Karl Marx man mate.

The economic forecast is going just as he said.

We are now entering the squeezing of the middle class.

Jake, this has been happening for years, not just since Brexit.

The problem with Brexit is that the main force driving it is Farage and his ilk.  They are as far removed from Marx as anything you could think of!

And this is where the problem is.  Supporting that ideology will bring nothing but misery to the vast majority of people, imo.  Backing brexit = backing Farage.  You can see the Tory Party moving toward a no deal position as each second ticks by.

9 hours ago, jake said:

Brexit wont be allowed to happen.

So you can all rest safely as we rest in the arms of the EU .

I think that it will as there seems to be no real effort to push a second referendum.  Not to say that remain would even win that! 

9 hours ago, jake said:

Oh and here's one for those who want independence.

If as I suspect Brexit wont be delivered with the help of the establishment 

Do you think the EU will make it easy for Scotland to rejoin?

If there is no brexit then I doubt there will be independence.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Boris said:

If there is no brexit then I doubt there will be independence.

It's hard to say, we shouldn't underestimate how much of a turn off Westminster is and they haven't finished their cluster**** rampage yet!

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

It's hard to say, we shouldn't underestimate how much of a turn off Westminster is and they haven't finished their cluster**** rampage yet!

I'd agree that this whole sorry charade has shown Westminster, and especially the Tory and Labour Parties, up for what they are, so what effect that may have on their electoral strength in Scotland is hard to predict.

AlimOzturk

The Liberal Democrats will be the surprise package in the years to come I'd say. Vince Cable has done a great job there turning them around from the coalition which I genuinely thought destroyed them for good  

Lib Dems have merely gone back to their original stance of "We're not Tories or Labour so give us your vote".

They offer little else other than a protest vote.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The Liberal Democrats will be the surprise package in the years to come I'd say. Vince Cable has done a great job there turning them around from the coalition which I genuinely thought destroyed them for good  

I did too, but people seem to really want an alternative. It looks like Farage and his lot are mopping up the discontented right, and the libdems seem ideally placed to make ground in the other direction.

Jambo-Jimbo
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

I did too, but people seem to really want an alternative. It looks like Farage and his lot are mopping up the discontented right, and the libdems seem ideally placed to make ground in the other direction.

Which doesn't say a lot for what was billed to be the new alternative to the mainstream political parties when the TIG's or Change UK or whatever they're calling themselves this week broke away from the Tories & Labour.

In the latest poll at the week-end the SNP were polling at the same percentage as Change UK in the Euro Elections at 4%, I think it was.

I can see Change UK joining the Lib Dems and if they don't do that then imo they'll be kaput.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Shame the lib dems didn't bother turning up for crucial votes on brexit. Think I'll pass. 

1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Shame the lib dems didn't bother turning up for crucial votes on brexit. Think I'll pass. 

please supply details. I follow this rather closely and the only case I can come up with is when labour changed its position at the last minute, however the lib dem votes wouldn't have made a difference due to labour rebels....

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, Cade said:

Lib Dems have merely gone back to their original stance of "We're not Tories or Labour so give us your vote".

They offer little else other than a protest vote.

This.

They'll whore themselves to anyone for a shot at sitting round the big table. 

You'd be better off drawing a cock and balls on your ballot paper.

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, Boris said:

Interesting article.  It's an opinion piece from the Guardian, so no doubt some will not bother, but this journalist's account of a Brexit Party rally is quite scary, imo.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/13/nigel-farage-brexit-party-event-terrifying-glimpse-future

The active members of political parties are always weird. When I first moved to London I joined my local Labour Party. The first and only meeting I attended was the day after a West Indian (as they were then known) youth was killed by the Met police in suspicious circumstances. An emergency vote overwhelmingly supported a resolution to send a message of congratulation to the Chief Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police.

Anyway that many Brexit supporters feel betrayed is not surprising, and that that feeling can be exploited was entirely predictable. Maybe one day the Guardian and others who have been working since June 2016 to reverse the vote or simply  ignore it will acknowledge their part in Farage's unprecedented success.

23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The active members of political parties are always weird. When I first moved to London I joined my local Labour Party. The first and only meeting I attended was the day after a West Indian (as they were then known) youth was killed by the Met police in suspicious circumstances. An emergency vote overwhelmingly supported a resolution to send a message of congratulation to the Chief Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police.

Anyway that many Brexit supporters feel betrayed is not surprising, and that that feeling can be exploited was entirely predictable. Maybe one day the Guardian and others who have been working since June 2016 to reverse the vote or simply  ignore it will acknowledge their part in Farage's unprecedented success.

It’s not the guardian that has “betrayed” this no deal vision that Farage aspires to.

Only people you can blame for this crypto fascism are the crypto fascists!

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Boris said:

It’s not the guardian that has “betrayed” this no deal vision that Farage aspires to.

I think most of the blame lies with the 85% of MPs who voted to hold the referendum and in almost three years have failed to agree on ANY form of Brexit within the huge spectrum from hardest to softest.

(And comparing Farage and Rees-Mogg to Hitler is almost as silly as comparing Corbyn to Stalin)

Edited by Francis Albert

16 minutes ago, Boris said:

So you are now equating Brexit with people secretly wanting a fascist regime ?

1 hour ago, jake said:

So you are now equating Brexit with people secretly wanting a fascist regime ?

No. Not at all.

Farage and his entourage I have serious concerns over. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I think most of the blame lies with the 85% of MPs who voted to hold the referendum and in almost three years have failed to agree on ANY form of Brexit within the huge spectrum from hardest to softest.

(And comparing Farage and Rees-Mogg to Hitler is almost as silly as comparing Corbyn to Stalin)

So not the guardian then.

Who mentioned Rees mogg?

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, Boris said:

So not the guardian then.

Who mentioned Rees mogg?

Yes the Guardian and  others who have strongly supported those who want to scupper the referendum vote. And I mentioned Rees Mogg ... and Corbyn ... to make a point about the essentially trivialising Guardian article.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )