Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Visa restrictions and waivers are common all over the world.

You don't know if you'll actually be affected.

And subject to the final deal you may be able to pay for continued personal EU citizenship. 

I'm talking about loss of citizenship + passport rights.

and re paying to continue personal EU citizenship- will I have to offer the Spanish fishing rights in my garden pond as part of that arrangement?

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, doctor jambo said:

and re paying to continue personal EU citizenship- will I have to offer the Spanish fishing rights in my garden pond as part of that arrangement?

What rights? Non of that has been confirmed. It's more likely it will be unchanged. 

Meantime here's a bit more about personal EU citizenship 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-citizenship-keep-freedom-of-movement-guy-verhofstadt-chief-negotiator-opt-in-passports-a7465271.html%3famp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/c4fb78c0-6971-11e8-8cf3-0c230fa67aec

You can even join a petition 

https://www.change.org/p/do-you-want-personal-eu-citizenship-send-a-message-to-the-european-parliament

Thunderstruck
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It's 400,000 yes voters, not SNP voters. And if we go by your logic, where's the 1.6 m yes voters full autonomous state.

One more point, excluding the EU and RoW citizens who were banned a say in the Euref, where did the 1.4 m no voters go? Do you think 1.2m yes voters make up the 1.6 m remain vote. Na, neither do I.

The point was about elected representatives, once elected, reflecting the views of all of their constituents and the assumption that the majority of voters in every constituency in Scotland voted to ‘Remain’. 

As for your last paragraph, don’t you think that ‘No’ voters would have been more likely to have voted ‘Remain’ than ‘Yes’ voters? Surely, independence is independence and being part of a Union is being part of a Union. Unless, of course, your brand of ethno-nationalism is simply the anti-English version. 

Speaking of ethno-nationalism, you have been able to tell us, ad nauseam, that ‘only real Scots voted Yes’. Out of interest, have you been able to further survey this ethnic grouping to determine their voting patterns in the EURef? 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

I have never seen a vote before where, if you lose, you lose your citizenship. some rights, and your passport

I am being dragged out against my will.

Most other votes are only for 5 years

This is not, its far more fundamental

I never voted to become an "EU" citizen. I never voted for an EU passport.  

I'm still unsure how you can be classed a citizen of something that is not a country.

jack D and coke
On 04/12/2018 at 20:54, doctor jambo said:

Or, if the media did not keep mentioning it the public would have noticed nothing at all. No price hikes, no property crash, no shortages , no anything. 

Despite everything since the vote nothing has happened. 

Our economy has grown . Life continues.   "Since the war" wtaf. Not a single life has been lost. City of London made record profits despite them all leaving for Frankfurt and Paris . U.K. Has seen record tax intake post vote and falling unemployment . I am a strong remainer, but this is utter hysterical nonsense 

Good post. The media hysterics has people losing their shit over almost everything these days. 

Like you say if you weren't beaten over the head with it nobody would notice a thing.

33 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

As for your last paragraph, don’t you think that ‘No’ voters would have been more likely to have voted ‘Remain’ than ‘Yes’ voters?

Some of your anti-SNP/Independence posts are funny but this is pure insanity. You can't actually believe that the Unionists in Scotland didn't vote, by a huge majority, to leave the dreaded EU so the glorious Britannia can rule the waves???? 

If you do believe that then I know a Nigerian prince that would love to get in touch with you

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

I am totally against the Brexit plans, and Brexit in general, but this is a bit over the top isn't it??  You have never been a citizen of the EU so you can't lose it. And you will still have a passport no matter what happens 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Some of your anti-SNP/Independence posts are funny but this is pure insanity. You can't actually believe that the Unionists in Scotland didn't vote, by a huge majority, to leave the dreaded EU so the glorious Britannia can rule the waves???? 

If you do believe that then I know a Nigerian prince that would love to get in touch with you

:laugh:

22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Good post. The media hysterics has people losing their shit over almost everything these days. 

Like you say if you weren't beaten over the head with it nobody would notice a thing.

We haven't left yet. RBS has just left the UK.

jack D and coke
26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

We haven't left yet. RBS has just left the UK.

I’d argue even after the event if the media didn’t bludgeon everyone relentlessly people would barely notice. 

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:04, The Mighty Thor said:

Xenophobic? perhaps you could indulge me by explaining that one?

I'm quite sure that there was a miniscule number of leave voters who voted on the basis of not wanting to be part of the capitalist superstate, however metaphorically speaking you could put them in a phone box.

The reality, like it or not, is the Leave campaign was fought on immigration and money, namely funding to the EU. That was and is to this day what ministers and Brexiteers batter on about. Taking back control of our borders and our money. May said it again this week. Parrot fashion.

I pity the misty eyed, imperialist types, the little Englanders. The world has passed them by and what we're witnessing is the death throes of that type of backward thinking. About time too.

and again, you just can't help puking your prejudice onto the pages of JKB.

PS. Every survey show that attitudes towards immigration are pretty much the same across the UK, including one published in the news on the very day you came out with this.

20 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

This is a more than legitimate point of view - and is partly why I was a Leaver a year or so before the referendum. What changed my mind? Leave's lies - plus the awareness that everything you describe above is even worse in the UK, and we have a whole system which entrenches it. Not only is that system incredibly difficult to change - but the loudest Leavers want to make it worse. Much worse.

To put it another way: voting for something espoused by Jacob Rees-Mogg, Michael Gove and Boris Johnson in order to help the poor and trash multinational capitalism is, well, close to the definition of insanity, don't you think?

I really admire this. It's 100% consistent. Those who voted for Scottish independence (which as Scotland wanted to share sterling and therefore have its financial policy directed by the Bank of England, wasn't actually being offered), only to then vote to stay in the EU (which is likely to expect an independent Scotland to join the euro) perplex me, to put it mildly.

Welcome back Shaun

20 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

This is a more than legitimate point of view - and is partly why I was a Leaver a year or so before the referendum. What changed my mind? Leave's lies - plus the awareness that everything you describe above is even worse in the UK, and we have a whole system which entrenches it. Not only is that system incredibly difficult to change - but the loudest Leavers want to make it worse. Much worse.

To put it another way: voting for something espoused by Jacob Rees-Mogg, Michael Gove and Boris Johnson in order to help the poor and trash multinational capitalism is, well, close to the definition of insanity, don't you think?

I really admire this. It's 100% consistent. Those who voted for Scottish independence (which as Scotland wanted to share sterling and therefore have its financial policy directed by the Bank of England, wasn't actually being offered), only to then vote to stay in the EU (which is likely to expect an independent Scotland to join the euro) perplex me, to put it mildly.

Apologies but I'm going to take this completely off-topic because I am massively curious--Shaun, am I dreaming or did you mention at some point you've had to deal with dyspraxia? I ask because well, you know you're recognisable by your rather voluminous posting style, so I'm super curious about if you've got voice recognition technology or something to help with that. I am utterly fascinated by voice recognition tech (and by AI stuff generally) so I just wanted to ask.

So that it's not 100% off topic, here's a link to the projected European market for voice recognition technology in the next decade, which the UK may be cut off from!

European $1.66 Billion Voice Recognition Forecast

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I would extend that beyond the media to among others of course politicians.

Twice in the last few days I have heard different MPs say it "breaks their heart" that their children/nephews and nieces won't be able to travel around Europe as freely as they did. This is sheer hyperbole on at least two levels. What breaks people's hearts is young relatives becoming severely ill, or being born with a degenerative disease, or dying in a road accident. Not because they might need to show their passport slightly more often or at worse apply for a visa exemption on line. And of course it betrays appalling ignorance of what life was like before the EU, when I travelled freely around Europe and quite enjoyed the early Bond film- like experience of border guards coming on the train to check passports.

In fact although it doesn't of course break my heart I feel a wee bit sorry for those seeing only an increasingly homogenised Europe where every shopping street contains the same shops, and same chain restaurants where everyone speaks the lingua franca  (sorry France) of English, where every city you want to visit is a huge and crowded tourist trap. I am not of course saying that is down to the EU.

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I would extend that beyond the media to among others of course politicians.

Twice in the last few days I have heard different MPs say it "breaks their heart" that their children/nephews and nieces won't be able to travel around Europe as freely as they did. This is sheer hyperbole on at least two levels. What breaks people's hearts is young relatives becoming severely ill, or being born with a degenerative disease, or dying in a road accident. Not because they might need to show their passport slightly more often or at worse apply for a visa exemption on line. And of course it betrays appalling ignorance of what life was like before the EU, when I travelled freely around Europe and quite enjoyed the early Bond film- like experience of border guards coming on the train to check passports.

In fact although it doesn't of course break my heart I feel a wee bit sorry for those seeing only an increasingly homogenised Europe where every shopping street contains the same shops, and same chain restaurants where everyone speaks the lingua franca  (sorry France) of English, where every city you want to visit is a huge and crowded tourist trap. I am not of course saying that is down to the EU.

Yeah agreed mate its all Americanised to feck these days. 

57 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Apologies but I'm going to take this completely off-topic because I am massively curious--Shaun, am I dreaming or did you mention at some point you've had to deal with dyspraxia? I ask because well, you know you're recognisable by your rather voluminous posting style, so I'm super curious about if you've got voice recognition technology or something to help with that. I am utterly fascinated by voice recognition tech (and by AI stuff generally) so I just wanted to ask.

So that it's not 100% off topic, here's a link to the projected European market for voice recognition technology in the next decade, which the UK may be cut off from!

If you attempted to keep track of everything SL has purported to be during his "history" here , you would come to the conclusion it was all fabricated

45 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Kickback herpes

That's out of order. No need in the personal insults. 

I have enjoyed his points in this thread. His posting style takes a bit of getting use to. 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

and again, you just can't help puking your prejudice onto the pages of JKB.

PS. Every survey show that attitudes towards immigration are pretty much the same across the UK, including one published in the news on the very day you came out with this.

Yup I'll keep on spewing my prejudice on JKB.

I have no time for the kind of person who voted to leave the EU based on the information peddled by the Mail and the Express or the likes of Johnson or Gove or Rees Mogg. The extra 350 million a week or the no more immigration nonsense.

No time whatsoever.

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’d argue even after the event if the media didn’t bludgeon everyone relentlessly people would barely notice. 

You'll notice alright.  Scottish exports have grown by 20% in one year. Oil and gas exports to the EU are now worth £8b(You know , that black worthless stuff, nobody wants to buy).  Yet NI gets to stay, while we get felt.  80000 jobs down the swanny?, but you'll not notice. Stevie Wonder.

17 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yup I'll keep on spewing my prejudice on JKB.

I have no time for the kind of person who voted to leave the EU based on the information peddled by the Mail and the Express or the likes of Johnson or Gove or Rees Mogg. The extra 350 million a week or the no more immigration nonsense.

No time whatsoever.

Of course immigration played a very important role in Brexit. Vote Leave and Leave.EU wouldn't have focused on it so much if it hadn't. But the problem is you totally over-egg the pudding. You smear just about all Leave voters as having been motivated by immigration, when only some were. Not enough to win either.

The reason Leave won is because, against a hopeless, miserable, pathetic Remain campaign, they articulated an optimistic, positive view of 'Big World Britain'. It was short on detail, sure; it was very short on detail, in fact. But that's what made the difference in the middle, where elections are always decided.

The centre ground of the referendum should've been dominated by Remain. Instead, led by the same idiots who masterminded Labour and the Lib Dems' disasters in 2015, Remain offered pretty much nothing. Which is why I always thought Leave would win.

https://medium.com/@shaunjlawson/be-in-no-doubt-vote-leave-are-going-to-win-this-referendum-84997776e82d

I didn't write this piece above with any pleasure. I was horrified at the prospect of Leave's victory. But it happened because of the absolute failure of anyone representing Remain to connect with the public. Technocratic arguments will never be any substitute for people's day to day lives, or for their aspirations.

Edited by shaun.lawson

15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You'll notice alright.  Scottish exports have grown by 20% in one year. Oil and gas exports to the EU are now worth £8b(You know , that black worthless stuff, nobody wants to buy).  Yet NI gets to stay, while we get felt.  80000 jobs down the swanny?, but you'll not notice. Stevie Wonder.

Wouldn't worry about it.

The EU will still buy it- Germany buys its gas from Russia and are unconcerned by their political ructions.

Business will continue unabated, oil price will rise due the "instability" of Brexit causing a shortage of nothing tangible, currency speculators and spivs will make money appear in their pockets out of nothing, then everyone continues to go about their every day.

job apocalypse wont happen

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Na it’s only because people go on about stuff relentlessly now. On here, Twitter, Facebook, every single news programme it’s proper hammer time. 

How do you suppose Scottish indy would fare? No effects whatsoever....Just brexit that’s a nightmare is it? 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Na it’s only because people go on about stuff relentlessly now. On here, Twitter, Facebook, every single news programme it’s proper hammer time. 

How do you suppose Scottish indy would fare? No effects whatsoever....Just brexit that’s a nightmare is it? 

I just think people are hysterically soft these days.

O2 3g/4g goes down for a day and folk are weeping I n the streets,  unable to cope, phoning 5 Live and going off their heads.

No wonder folk cannot cope with brexit and everyone has mental health problems when they are utterly mentally unprepared for even the smallest luxury to vanish for all of a day

Absolutely no resilience left in most folks, they just cannot cope with adversity or challenge.

Perhaps we should make bullying ( old skool bullying- proper beatings, kicks in the nuts and general terror- not being rude on facebook) compulsory at school

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Nope,  there'll be plenty. And I didn't say leaving the EU was a nightmare, but you will notice it.

Edited by ri Alban

8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

O2 3g/4g goes down for a day and folk are weeping I n the streets,  unable to cope, phoning 5 Live and going off their heads.

No wonder folk cannot cope with brexit and everyone has mental health problems when they are utterly mentally unprepared for even the smallest luxury to vanish for all of a day

Absolutely no resilience left in most folks, they just cannot cope with adversity or challenge.

Perhaps we should make bullying ( old skool bullying- proper beatings, kicks in the nuts and general terror- not being rude on facebook) compulsory at school

Because of your GP mates my Mrs is now dealing with a fecking massive blood clot in her Femoral vein.  She went to her gp who dismissed it when it was a swelling in her calf two weeks before it hit her thigh. So don't tell me I'm soft when my phone goes on the blink. Now away and concentrate on your day job ya bunch of hopeless muppets.

Edited by ri Alban

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Because of your GP mates my Mrs is now dealing with a fecking massive blood clot in her Femoral vein.  She went to her gp who dismissed it when it was a swelling in her calf two weeks before it hit her thigh. So don't tell me I'm soft when my phone goes on the blink. Now away and concentrate on your day job ya bunch of hopeless muppets.

Didn't know 4g signals could cure blot clots?

5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I have never seen a vote before where, if you lose, you lose your citizenship. some rights, and your passport

Most other votes are only for 5 years

This is not, its far more fundamental

Indeed. Which is why any sensible deal should include the right of UK citizens to maintain EU citizenship if they so choose (at an annual fee). But there's no sign of it doing so, sadly.

11 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Didn't know 4g signals could cure blot clots?

I couldn't make or receive calls or texts. So it's a bit shite when you're worried. But thanks for your concern.  

Edited by ri Alban

2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Yes, I am dyspraxic - but nah, no need for voice recognition technology in my case! As is all too horribly obvious, I have no problems using a keyboard or a computer.

My problems are instead with:

- Staying organised

- Having a structured lifestyle

- Walking correctly and physical posture (since I was a little kid, whenever I walk, my shoes kinda jut out in opposite directions)

- Cooking (an absolute shambles in my case)

- Putting appliances together (oh boy oh boy)

- Bending my wrist - none of the obvious jokes please! This means that, and I'm being deadly serious, I cannot whisk an egg. 

- Handwriting, which relates to the wrist problem... so thank goodness for computers. At school and uni, after exams, my wrist would be in agony and I'd have at least one (sometimes more) finger blister.

- Internet-enabled phones. I do not understand them and have impossible problems trying to use them

- Following practical instructions given by someone else. Sometimes, they've had to explain something to me 20 times before I've understood.

- Opening a plastic bag in a supermarket. If you've ever been stuck behind someone at the checkout or the fruit counter, the idiot holding everyone up who was getting more and more embarrassed by their inability to open a bag was more than likely me. 

Incidentally, I'm definitely not 'fascinated' by voice recognition software or AI. I'm terrified of it. Specifically: that the robots are taking over. :o 

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I couldn't make or receive calls or texts. So it's a bit shite when you're worried. But thanks for your concern.  

Or you could have stopped at any supermarket and picked up a sim card for another network for free, then a data bundle thing for a tenner

but no, its easier for folk to moan like mad, demand compensayshun, and call the radio about how bad it was for them.

Blitz mentality.

Keep calm and carry on.

Imagine not being at the end of a phone for a few hours........ sounds like my life until I was in my mid 20's- and it was great- so much less stress.

" why have the kids not called/ why has my wife not texted/ why have they not answered the phone/ why have you not called?"

How did we ever cope?

THe answer is really well- 99.99999999999999% of communications are utterly pointless. the other 1% write and post a letter, or walk to a phone

7 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I, and my wife and kids will have our passports rescinded, and our EU citizenship removed without our consent, and in fact against our will.

6 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

My kids were BORN as EU citizens, and have EU passports.

I have an EU passport.

We will all lose out EU citizenship AND have our passports taken off us against our will.

6 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

43 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

No wonder folk cannot cope with brexit 

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

7 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

Like loss of mobile signal is equivalent to your citizenship being revoked, loss of some basic human rights and protections and some employment rights and legal protections.

It would be like my life had been utterly defined by failure to pull a nanny

3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Like loss of mobile signal is equivalent to your citizenship being revoked, loss of some basic human rights and protections and some employment rights and legal protections.

It would be like my life had been utterly defined by failure to pull a nanny

You wrote - and you're a doctor FFS - "No wonder folk cannot cope with brexit and everyone has mental health problems". 

The problem with your ridiculous opinions is, quite remarkably for someone in your field, they're almost never based on science or evidence. Only on your prejudices. If someone comes into your surgery with depression or feeling suicidal, do you tell them to "pull yourself together and stop being soft"?

You're like a walking caricature. 

11 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

You wrote - and you're a doctor FFS - "No wonder folk cannot cope with brexit and everyone has mental health problems". 

The problem with your ridiculous opinions is, quite remarkably for someone in your field, they're almost never based on science or evidence. Only on your prejudices. If someone comes into your surgery with depression or feeling suicidal, do you tell them to "pull yourself together and stop being soft"?

Not sure which opinions are ridiculous.

Or that having opinions is remarkable.

Christ, if you ever tried a night out with dr's  "off duty" it would blow your tiny little mind mon amis.

20 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

And to be honest I see some of the many things that stress people and what my children class as "bullying", and frankly its not.

Last week it was released that 1 in 4 adolescent girls has mental health problems.

if it gets any higher then it will be abnormal to be normal and psychiatry will start prescribing depressant drugs to happy teens to make them like everyone else.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

oils at $50 barrell , struggling to break even at that price

Just now, doctor jambo said:

And to be honest I see some of the many things that stress people and what my children class as "bullying", and frankly its not.

Last week it was released that 1 in 4 adolescent girls has mental health problems.

if it gets any higher then it will be abnormal to be normal and psychiatry will start prescribing depressant drugs to happy teens to make them like everyone else.

The correct response is to ask "why is this?". It is not to arrogantly dismiss them while displaying zero awareness or empathy. 

The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

The correct response is to ask "why is this?". It is not to arrogantly dismiss them while displaying zero awareness or empathy. 

I think he touched on it already. People have no resilience. 

It's for another thread but I'd be interested to hear what problems the 1 in 4 are suffering from. 

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Of course immigration played a very important role in Brexit. Vote Leave and Leave.EU wouldn't have focused on it so much if it hadn't. But the problem is you totally over-egg the pudding. You smear just about all Leave voters as having been motivated by immigration, when only some were. Not enough to win either.

The reason Leave won is because, against a hopeless, miserable, pathetic Remain campaign, they articulated an optimistic, positive view of 'Big World Britain'. It was short on detail, sure; it was very short on detail, in fact. But that's what made the difference in the middle, where elections are always decided.

The centre ground of the referendum should've been dominated by Remain. Instead, led by the same idiots who masterminded Labour and the Lib Dems' disasters in 2015, Remain offered pretty much nothing. Which is why I always thought Leave would win.

https://medium.com/@shaunjlawson/be-in-no-doubt-vote-leave-are-going-to-win-this-referendum-84997776e82d

I didn't write this piece above with any pleasure. I was horrified at the prospect of Leave's victory. But it happened because of the absolute failure of anyone representing Remain to connect with the public. Technocratic arguments will never be any substitute for people's day to day lives, or for their aspirations.

Leave was not done on positive reasons 

Austerity, very hard squeeze on wages since financial crisis and some concerns at change including immigration. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

And you failed to provide an additional means of emergency communications as a contingency?

You must be spewing you were so negligent.    

35 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

oils at $50 barrell, struggling to break even at that price

Everything about this post is completely wrong. Even the price you mention!! How hard is it to use google? ?

2 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Everything about this post is completely wrong. Even the price you mention!! How hard is it to use google? ?

it was $50 this morning , at that price its about as profitable as a barrel of shit . Theyve recently agreed to cut production to force the price back up to $60 .

Were in the money :scenes:

9 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Quicker even than Google is Twitter

5 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

it was $50 this morning , at that price its about as profitable as a barrel of shit . Theyve recently agreed to cut production to force the price back up to $60 .

Were in the money :scenes:

It was $60 this morning. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cmjpj223708t/oil

Not surprised you don’t know the difference between WTI and Brent tbh.

Most North Sea operators have cut lifting costs to around $25 a barrel after the crash.

Add in the fact that the pound is weak (product is  sold in $’s but costs are £’s) and it’s little wonder that more projects have been sanctioned in the last year than the previous 3 combined. 

Best just to admit you don’t know what you’re talking about! ?

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

It was $60 this morning. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cmjpj223708t/oil

Not surprised you don’t know the difference between WTI and Brent tbh.

Most North Sea operators have cut lifting costs to around $25 a barrel after the crash.

Add in the fact that the pound is weak (product is  sold in $’s but costs are £’s) and it’s little wonder that more projects have been sanctioned in the last year than the previous 3 combined. 

Best just to admit you don’t know what you’re talking about! ?

Unionists revel in the fact Scotland is a proper cadger nation that needs propped up, bailed out and telt what’s what. 

It’s ****ing bizarre. 

45 minutes ago, Victorian said:

And you failed to provide an additional means of emergency communications as a contingency?

You must be spewing you were so negligent.    

My sons, but I didnt know my phone was fecked. But hey, you enjoyed it, that's what mattered.

15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

My sons, but I didnt know my phone was fecked. But hey, you enjoyed it, that's what mattered.

Enjoyed?   No.     Interested at you not having a back-up mode of communication,    despite the seriousness and the moaning about O2.

Top tip.     Adequate planning > eggs in one basket.     It will prevent the need to cry about network issues.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think he touched on it already. People have no resilience.  

Some months back, you revealed your glaring levels of obliviousness on such matters as student loan debt, the near-impossibility of buying a home, fragile or zero hours employment. From that, I suspect you're probably also oblivious that austerity has killed 120,000 people (and that's a figure from years ago; it'll be higher now), not to mention the catastrophic levels of homelessness and the hideous impact of universal credit.

When the young and the poor are treated like shit - in the latter case, so much shit that, hello, they voted for Brexit, because the status quo could hardly have failed them more - the right response is not to label them as "having no resilience". That is what you're doing again here. It's embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Leave was not done on positive reasons 

Austerity, very hard squeeze on wages since financial crisis and some concerns at change including immigration. 

But on the contrary. Leave made it sound as though Brexit would fix this. As the alternative was "more of the same", naturally, people jumped at the chance. 

Yes, that makes Leave a bunch of lying *******s. But they tapped into something which was already there: and is slowly bringing down the old order across much of Europe. The protests in France right now - and the disgracefully heavy-handed response of the authorities? All part of the same thing.

Space Mackerel
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

The thing is, there’s a plan after Indy is won and what happens, with Brexit there wasn’t and still isn’t. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )