Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

A mostly left wing buddy of mine says let them in but they get no benefits or free hotels which you could argue is the current situation in the U.S but they also deport quickly without the HR lawyer appeals and do nothings we have in soft touch UK. In my book they should not be entertained on our coin because they paid a trafficker to drop them on our shore from France as it encourages millions more to try same. What is needed (aside from a pm with testicles) is a massive overhaul of the whole asylum industry, stripping it right down, plus robust deportation. This is long term, short term use emergency powers and employ the military and appropriate vessels to remove them back to the coast they departed from same day. Macron is going to squeal but let him. He sent them so he can have them back. 

Be a real shame if your life fell apart tomorrow and you were left with no home, no money and no option but to rely on goodwill and decency from others. Be even more of a shame if the people you reached out to had the same moral compass as yourself and told you where to go. I really hope it doesn’t happen. 🤞🏻

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Be a real shame if your life fell apart tomorrow and you were left with no home, no money and no option but to rely on goodwill and decency from others. Be even more of a shame if the people you reached out to had the same moral compass as yourself and told you where to go. I really hope it doesn’t happen. 🤞🏻

:laugh2:

The Mighty Thor

They have broken into the country uninvited and think this equates to financial entitlement and leave to remain etc. It should equate to a free ride back to Calais. That is the bottom line. 

You actually manage to display  staggering ignorance of what's actually going on whilst applying a hint of racist undertone. 

Pretty impressive

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

In my book they should not be entertained on our coin because they paid a trafficker to drop them on our shore from France as it encourages millions more to try same. What is needed (aside from a pm with testicles) is a massive overhaul of the whole asylum industry, stripping it right down, plus robust deportation. This is long term, short term use emergency powers and employ the military and appropriate vessels to remove them back to the coast they departed from same day. Macron is going to squeal but let him. He sent them so he can have them back. 

Current U.K. asylum capacity is unable to meet our own needs and these ‘immigrants’ are placing an intolerable strain on existing resources. I hope they’re not queue-jumping.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Current U.K. asylum capacity is unable to meet our own needs and these ‘immigrants’ are placing an intolerable strain on existing resources. I hope they’re not queue-jumping.

It isn't acceptable to have 50 arrived from Calais asylum wannabes in a hotel near the centre of a town (Falkirk) in my view. They have have no idea who these people are or there backgrounds, for all they know they are terrorists, criminals or carry some other threat. They should be putting up makeshift barracks to house them somewhere out of the way like the Isle of Wight. They certainly need to be in a secure place and not allowed to freely roam but again this is why they come. Bed and board plus the rest and no chance of deportation whatever the decision is way down the line. I'm not in a minority on this, migration watch UK says 77% of the UK public polled are like minded, plus a majority of Scots. 

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You actually manage to display  staggering ignorance of what's actually going on whilst applying a hint of racist undertone. 

Pretty impressive

You have nothing except personal insults. Your instincts are pro the migrant boats and any opposing view is racist. That fallacy is your problem, not mine. 

Edited by JackLadd

11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I'm not in a minority on this, migration watch UK says 77% of the UK public polled are like minded, plus a majority of Scots. 

You absolutely are in a minority. A far-right, intolerant minority. You’d be lucky if 0.077% thought the way you do.

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

You absolutely are in a minority. A far-right, intolerant minority. You’d be lucky if 0.077% thought the way you do.

Just for you Kinter, as you clearly don't have the capacity to Google or read. Get somebody to read it for you if the words are too big. Must be a far right intolerant country we live in, excepting you Kinter of course. 

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/key-topics/public-opinion

41 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

It isn't acceptable to have 50 arrived from Calais asylum wannabes in a hotel near the centre of a town (Falkirk) in my view. They have have no idea who these people are or there backgrounds, for all they know they are terrorists, criminals or carry some other threat. They should be putting up makeshift barracks to house them somewhere out of the way like the Isle of Wight. They certainly need to be in a secure place and not allowed to freely roam but again this is why they come. Bed and board plus the rest and no chance of deportation whatever the decision is way down the line. I'm not in a minority on this, migration watch UK says 77% of the UK public polled are like minded, plus a majority of Scots. 

Where are you getting near the centre of town from? And for all we know you're a terrorist, criminal or carry some sort of threat. But that's no reason to treat you like a criminal just in case.

45 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I'm not in a minority on this, migration watch UK says 77% of the UK public polled are like minded, plus a majority of Scots. 

I've followed the link you've posted but can't see an opinion poll  

There's a link that has another load of quotes but no actual opinion poll that I can see. 

Could you post a link to the actual poll rather than just a quote?

29 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Just for you Kinter, as you clearly don't have the capacity to Google or read. Get somebody to read it for you if the words are too big. Must be a far right intolerant country we live in, excepting you Kinter of course. 

Immigrants and desperate asylum seekers in dinghies aren't the same thing. This does not back up your claim that you're Jack Everyman, spokesman for the people, and the people say we should turn these poor people away.

jack D and coke

Without media how would we react to all this stuff. 
Im very drunk but I wonder without my mind being poisoned by someone else’s views how would I feel. I suppose that’s all things my cousin poisoned me against Hibs when it looked like I was going that way a long time ago. 
I remember intervening for a black lad years ago when he as being abused but I do hold racist views…bizarre 

7 hours ago, JackLadd said:

From your link:

”77% of Britons agree that illegal immigration is a serious problem facing the UK (higher than for 12 EU countries - 2018 Project28poll)”

Of course it’s a serious problem. We just had 30 people die in the channel and the UK and France need to work together to sort it immediately! Count me amongst the 77%.

What you suggested was something completely different and claimed that your intolerant, right-wing views “weren’t a minority view” and that “77% of people were like-minded” with you.

😂😂😂

Edited by Alex Kintner

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

You have nothing except personal insults. Your instincts are pro the migrant boats and any opposing view is racist. That fallacy is your problem, not mine. 

You have nothing full stop. 

Refugees: simultaneously living it up in 4-star hotels at the same time as causing a housing crisis by being given free houses and at the same time living on benefits and stealing your job.

Make yer mind up.

First victim of the channel tragedy has been named as Maryam Nuri Mohamed Amin, a 24 year old Kurdish woman who was trying to join her fiance who has settled status in the UK.

Such a threat.

946.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format

Edited by Cade

Meanwhile 

https://apple.news/AHqW3TIqoQUC5qfAAd_kZxw

Fewer than one in five people in Great Britain believe Brexit has been a success, a YouGov poll has found.

Meanwhile, 52 per cent of respondents think that things have gone badly since the transition period ended 11 months ago.

The percentage of Britons dissatisfied with the effects of the divorce hovered around 40 per cent at the start of the year. However, this figure has shot up in recent months, following the petrol crisis in September, which was sparked by a shortage of HGV drivers.

The latest numbers are likely to make grim reading for a government that continues to suggest Brexit is in the best interest of the country.

WorldChampions1902
30 minutes ago, Smithee said:

FB_IMG_1638008863328.thumb.jpg.1a9bd4cb061e56a3afcd6b56f483df76.jpg

If only certain members would review this infographic before crafting their posts.:greatpost:

Edited by WorldChampions1902

WorldChampions1902
30 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Meanwhile 

Fewer than one in five people in Great Britain believe Brexit has been a success, a YouGov poll has found.

Meanwhile, 52 per cent of respondents think that things have gone badly since the transition period ended 11 months ago.

The percentage of Britons dissatisfied with the effects of the divorce hovered around 40 per cent at the start of the year. However, this figure has shot up in recent months, following the petrol crisis in September, which was sparked by a shortage of HGV drivers.

The latest numbers are likely to make grim reading for a government that continues to suggest Brexit is in the best interest of the country.

Those poll figures are going to get dramatically worse when the full border controls on imports from the EU in January are introduced. Popcorn 🍿 time.

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Those poll figures are going to get dramatically worse when the full border controls on imports from the EU in January are introduced. Popcorn 🍿 time.

Only if the price of popcorn doesn't get prohibitively expensive, of course.

The vast majority of people arriving on small boats are genuine asylum seekers. Not illegal immigrants, not economic immigrants are whatever the racists like jackladd wants to call them. They have arrived here by boat because the ‘legal’ route that is in place is almost impossible to navigate. 

You know them all personally do you sonny? Vast majority genuine puffs a wee lad born in 82 and anyone who says naw has to be a racist. That will include the nation of Latvia who had 4800 asylum applicants last year and deduced a whopping 8 (EIGHT) were genuine, but a wee trumpet like you knows better than those racists, eh. 

Approximately 70% of channel crossing asylum seekers are granted asylum at the first or second stage. There's a breakdown in the video above, you should watch it.

But anyway, they're all genuine asylum seekers, it doesn't have to be granted for you to be a genuine seeker. There's no such thing as a bogus or fake asylum seeker.

And, as I'm sure we all know, by international law anyone can seek refuge in the UK as of the last 70 years.

Now, Latvia.

"Where do asylum-seekers in the UK come from?

Amongst adults, Iran was the top nationality claiming asylum in the UK in the year ending September 2021.

The top five countries of nationality for asylum applications (from main applicants) were:  Iran  (6,002), Eritrea  (4,412) Albania  (4.010),  Iraq (3,042) and Syria (2,303)."

https://www.unhcr.org/uk/asylum-in-the-uk.html

Here's my source, where's yours?

You've got a lot of growing up to do judging by the bit in bold btw, it's not the 90s any more.

14 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Meanwhile 

Brexit?  Who said anything about Brexit? :cheese:

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

You know them all personally do you sonny? Vast majority genuine puffs a wee lad born in 82 and anyone who says naw has to be a racist. That will include the nation of Latvia who had 4800 asylum applicants last year and deduced a whopping 8 (EIGHT) were genuine, but a wee trumpet like you knows better than those racists, eh. 

Sorry smithee, had to quote you as jackladd has deleted his response. 

why are you talking about Latvia? Who the hell brought Latvia into the discussion? What a random, and probably made up fact!

what has my year of birth got to do with it? Does that affect my ability to have an opinion on the racist filth you continue to spout. Calling someone sonny and wee lad makes you sound condescending on top of being a racist gammon 

you continue posting fake facts if it keeps you happy and warm in your racist little world!

2 hours ago, jamboy1982 said:

Sorry smithee, had to quote you as jackladd has deleted his response. 

why are you talking about Latvia? Who the hell brought Latvia into the discussion? What a random, and probably made up fact!

what has my year of birth got to do with it? Does that affect my ability to have an opinion on the racist filth you continue to spout. Calling someone sonny and wee lad makes you sound condescending on top of being a racist gammon 

you continue posting fake facts if it keeps you happy and warm in your racist little world!

I very much doubt that post removal was his choice!

As Latvia is in the EU, until recently they could come and go as they pleased.

Nobody from Latvia is claiming asylum. Latvia isn't dangerous enough to warrant that.

Latvians may have applied for settled status, which is perhaps where our resident racist is getting his figures from.

On 27/11/2021 at 10:20, Cade said:

Refugees: simultaneously living it up in 4-star hotels at the same time as causing a housing crisis by being given free houses and at the same time living on benefits and stealing your job.

Make yer mind up.

First victim of the channel tragedy has been named as Maryam Nuri Mohamed Amin, a 24 year old Kurdish woman who was trying to join her fiance who has settled status in the UK.

Such a threat.

946.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format

Tragic . Very sad news. 

Edited by JamesM48

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

I very much doubt that post removal was his choice!

No I doubt it too. Possibly why he is not responding today

Border Force staff union joins the judicial review panel against Arsehole Patel's illegal "push back" plans.

Border Force staff know that if people on boats they push back end up dying, they will be held legally responsible for their manslaughter under international law.

Patel needs to stop chasing Mail, Express and Sun headlines and re-open the legal asylum avenues.

All the money spent so far on blocking rightful refugee transit could have been spent on better legal route facilities and more staff to process claims faster.

Edited by Cade

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

So you only believe you're own sources. That's cool :thumbsup:

Should we believe a newspaper which as shown above has a record of printing complete lies? 

4 TRILLION quid has been moved from the City of London to the EU financial sector already.

Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Zurich and many other financial centres will continue to grow.

If the EU businesses are going to meet red tape in the derivatives markets, then those markets will also move to the EU.

On the same day that the Belfast Telegraph tells the story of another NI food producer expanding its sales in the EU (the second such announcement in four days), the Financial Times tells us that according to ONS figures, Northern Ireland's economy is performing better than anywhere else in the UK.  Currently, NI GDP is barely 0.3% behind pre-pandemic levels, compared with -5% in the North East and East Midlands of England, -6% in Scotland and in the South East of England, and -10% in the West Midlands.  It might be because of the Protocol that keeps NI in both the UK and EU single markets, or of course it might not.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

On the same day that the Belfast Telegraph tells the story of another NI food producer expanding its sales in the EU (the second such announcement in four days), the Financial Times tells us that according to ONS figures, Northern Ireland's economy is performing better than anywhere else in the UK.  Currently, NI GDP is barely 0.3% behind pre-pandemic levels, compared with -5% in the North East and East Midlands of England, -6% in Scotland and in the South East of England, and -10% in the West Midlands.  It might be because of the Protocol that keeps NI in both the UK and EU single markets, or of course it might not.

20211129_214711.jpg

5 hours ago, Cade said:

4 TRILLION quid has been moved from the City of London to the EU financial sector already.

Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Zurich and many other financial centres will continue to grow.

If the EU businesses are going to meet red tape in the derivatives markets, then those markets will also move to the EU.

Who cares Cade?

It's a joke all of the derivatives .

It brings fek all wealth in reality other than to servile services around it.

It's a casino .

Investment in reality is global.

We barely tax it.

Would like to see if the EU can control it but their greed is the same as ours.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

That's why the DUP and Tories hate the protocol; having one part of the UK still in the customs union and single market exposes the differences.

The DUP I suppose hate it because it aligns them with Dublin.

Not hard to understand or empathise with given their culture .

I can’t be bothered dredging all the way through this but I’ve just renewed my phone contract on EE and noticed that free roaming in the EU on EE stops in January 2022. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I can’t be bothered dredging all the way through this but I’ve just renewed my phone contract on EE and noticed that free roaming in the EU on EE stops in January 2022. 

No it doesn’t. That was just a lie from Project Fear. 👍🏻

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

They along with three and surprise surprise voda ripoffphone .

There is obviously a little cartel and should be opposed .

There is absolutely no extra cost incurred by these companies and anger should be directed at their greed.

O2 for  now hasnt but I wont hold my breath at greed.