Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

26 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The Scottish Unionist party (only becoming the Conservative party in Scotland in 1965) had won a famous and overwhelming victory in the general election of 1955. The SNP at the time was but an irrelevant and eccentric sect rather than a mainstream political party. Indeed, despite the mythology of Red Clydeside, Scotland had voted mainly for the Tories in the 1920s and 1930s. The Labour landslide victory of 1945 can be seen as an aberration in that context.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/14/history-turned-on-tory-voting-scotland-thatcher-1980s

Interesting, cheers.

25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Who are "Scotland"? It's a constituency based GE where each seat is allocated to local preferences.  Xenophobia doesn't come into it.

"Scotland" doesn't get to vote for A party and nor should it.

Why do you obsess about imaginary lines?

Not interesting, cheers.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Why don't you just answer his question with some facts (proper facts, not your made up ones) & maybe a source,  instead of posting yet more nonsense ? Is that too much to ask ? 

Of course it's too much. He will just spout more garbage from the Daily heil and continue to ignore facts

3 hours ago, jamboy1982 said:

Poor enzo!! Handed his arse on a plate for the 847th consecutive day. 

🤣 . Not sure what planet you're on but the facts I've outlined never land well with the swivel eyed zealots.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

🤣 . Not sure what planet you're on but the facts I've outlined never land well with the swivel eyed zealots.

Every day I come on here you’re getting destroyed. You’re ‘facts’ are nothing but bs. 

5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Who are "Scotland"? It's a constituency based GE where each seat is allocated to local preferences.  Xenophobia doesn't come into it.

"Scotland" doesn't get to vote for A party and nor should it.

Why do you obsess about imaginary lines?

Irony alert! 😁

1 hour ago, jamboy1982 said:

Every day I come on here you’re getting destroyed. You’re ‘facts’ are nothing but bs. 

You, sir, are a buffoon. Go away.

4 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Irony alert! 😁

The penny doesn't appear to have dropped.  Let me help: being "Scoaaatish" means feck all in life, it doesn't pay the mortgage,  help bring up a family nor ameliorate monthly bills. It's a meaningless ideology. 

My advice; save it for Home Internationals and get on with your life.👍

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The penny doesn't appear to have dropped.  Let me help: being "Scoaaatish" means feck all in life, it doesn't pay the mortgage,  help bring up a family nor ameliorate monthly bills. It's a meaningless ideology. 

My advice; save it for Home Internationals and get on with your life.👍

So?

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You're still not responding to your BS "facts" about Ireland/EU trade  getting a kicking from me this morning ? :rofl: Your "facts" ......  🙄

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just to remind every one about your "facts" - here's a table of Irelands trade deals which you selectively quoted earlier today - and then literally ran away and pretended never happened . 🤣

Care to comment now on your false claim ? Or is it "alternative facts" ? 

https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-as-brexit-looms-how-dependent-is-ireland-on-british-trade/a-47322998

8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You're still not responding to your BS "facts" about Ireland/EU trade  getting a kicking from me this morning ? :rofl: Your "facts" ......  🙄

Ireland is an irrelevance in so many ways, Nano. The day we start comparing ourselves to them.....

As I said, however, their 2nd biggest trading partner is the UK👍

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ireland is an irrelevance in so many ways, Nano. The day we start comparing ourselves to them.....

But not such an irrelevance that you made several posts about it ? 

And PS - we were talking about the EU , not the UK, as you're well aware. Nice try though. 

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You're making stuff up again...

No one was comparing anyone to anyone else ..... except for you. 

39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So ..dry your feckin eyes

My eyes are fine, you're the one having a whine. Being Scottish doesn't pay the rent - so?

35 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

But not such an irrelevance that you made several posts about it ? 

And PS - we were talking about the EU , not the UK, as you're well aware. Nice try though. 

And Scotland is barely affected by the member state - the UK - leaving the EU. The only thing we need to worry about is the Barnett transfer reducing. Thankfully,  Rishi Sunak confirmed that it will increase by 2.4% in real terms next year, despite Mrs Murrell's dangerously misleading attempts to falsify the figures by pretending that furlough goodwill payments were an annual event. 

So, Scots can sleep easy tonight.

🙂

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And Scotland is barely affected by the member state - the UK - leaving the EU. The only thing we need to worry about is the Barnett transfer reducing. Thankfully,  Rishi Sunak confirmed that it will increase by 2.4% in real terms next year, despite Mrs Murrell's dangerously misleading attempts to falsify the figures by pretending that furlough goodwill payments were an annual event. 

🙂

Go to sleep, your Tory overlords care about scotlandshire

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

My eyes are fine, you're the one having a whine. Being Scottish doesn't pay the rent - so?

So get on with your life and stop whinging about perceived injustices. I know it's a national trait but some need to grow a pair and start being responsible for their own outcomes .

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So get on with your life and stop whinging about perceived injustices. I know it's a national trait but some need to grow a pair and start being responsible for their own outcomes .

I'm not, you seem to do nothing else though!

Scotland should be able to vote in, and vote out, it's government.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm not, you seem to do nothing else though!

Should it?

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

It does and they are absolutely fecking horrendous. The SNP are untouchable no matter what.

You had posters on here who can't stand Sturgeon but still voted SNP :lol:

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It does and they are absolutely fecking horrendous. The SNP are untouchable no matter what.

Which sums up the intellectual deficit in this country, NT. No wonder you head over the border when you can. I always enjoy doing so too. It's liberating, a breath of fresh air when you pass that border sign.

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's not a government, governments don't have to ask permission to have a vote.

And re. Sturgeon, so what? Would it be better if the electorate were obsessed with personality rather than policies or ideology they believe in?

39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

🙂

Don't know why you're posting this to me : we were never talking about this , but I suppose you feel you're on "solid ground"  here. Or maybe it's just another rant. Who knows with you. 😅

PS I couldn't give a toss about the SNP. 

22 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Which sums up the intellectual deficit in this country, NT. No wonder you head over the border when you can. I always enjoy doing so too. It's liberating, a breath of fresh air when you pass that border sign.

:rofl:

34 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

So they vote for policies , not personalities ? 

Nucky Thompson
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

So they vote for policies , not personalities ? 

Nah. They vote anyone but Tory because it's born into them.

I grew up hating Thatcher and the Tories because of my peers, then I started thinking for myself.

If it was policies and not independence, the SNP would never win

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I grew up hating Thatcher and the Tories because of my peers, then I started thinking for myself.

Here we go with "they" again  , those  unseen, unnamed "others" you don't like or agree with. 

"It's born into them".... :rofl:

I'll not be indulging your raving nonsense further tonight. 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Here we go with "they" again  , those  unseen, unnamed "others" you don't like or agree with. 

"It's born into them".... :rofl:

I'll not be indulging your raving nonsense further tonight. 

No worries, but you can't deny that the hatred for the Tories in Scotland is a thing that's born into you

6 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

So much shark jumping going on tonight...

:shark:

It's a veritable lottery of factual quicksand merging into raving , factless (or plain wrong) assertions  wrapped up in ad hominem attacks. Top night ! 

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's Scotland's secret shame, handed down through generations,  as it is in N.Ireland, regardless of the so-called Good Friday "agreement ".

The fact that the leader of Scotland's largest council, basically an SNP branch office, blamed Thaaatcher for the state of Glasgow and it's rat infestation,  sums up the intellectual deficit.

Ask Sturgeon's parents who facilitated their council house purchase.🤣

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No worries, but you can't deny that the hatred for the Tories in Scotland is a thing that's born into you

I'm not familiar with that phrase or  genetic condition.

44 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's not a government, governments don't have to ask permission to have a vote.

And re. Sturgeon, so what? Would it be better if the electorate were obsessed with personality rather than policies or ideology they believe in?

Of course it's a feckin govt. Health, education,  policing. Who else are you going to blame? Having a vote on a reserved matter is feck all to do with Scot Gov. 

They're there to govern. Do it, shut up and get on with it. Or, step aside and let proper parties get on with it.

Nucky Thompson

I'm not familiar with that phrase or  genetic condition.

Your friends and family drum it into you that the Tories are evil from birth.

Come on man, you know what I'm taking about 

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I discovered that for myself.

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Of course it's a feckin govt. Health, education,  policing. Who else are you going to blame? Having a vote on a reserved matter is feck all to do with Scot Gov. 

They're there to govern. Do it, shut up and get on with it. Or, step aside and let proper parties get on with it.

:lol:

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

"No worries, but you can't deny that the hatred for the Tories in Scotland is a thing that's born into you"

You're inconsistent - which one is it ? 

Nucky Thompson

"No worries, but you can't deny that the hatred for the Tories in Scotland is a thing that's born into you"

You're inconsistent - which one is it ? 

I mean born into you, as, in when you are born, you do what your parents want. Your parents hate the Tories, so you will to.

I'm maybe a rebel, my dad didn't like football and a lot of my mates supported Hibs, but I went for Hearts.

I don't like to follow the flock 

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I mean born into you, as, in when you are born, you do what your parents want. Your parents hate the Tories, so you will to.

I'm maybe a rebel, my dad didn't like football and a lot of my mates supported Hibs, but I went for Hearts.

This isn't about you. 

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Unless the flock is doing down Scotland, then you get right into the flying V formation like the geese flying south....which is apparently where you and EC would prefer to be

:lol:

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

There appears to be fairly heavy drinking going on 😂

Now this man knows the score :lol: