Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

The Mighty Thor

This Brexit lark clearly isn't going well then?

The Eton Mess is sabre rattling by firing up his 'Global Britain' Committee to er further isolate Global Britain (Great Nation) 😂

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, The Internet said:

And to avoid that he chose to live in... England. 

More that I chose to live in London, the only UK city other than Edinburgh that I ever wanted to live in. I am not much of a nationalist of any sort TBH.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Funnily enough, the religious bigots are the unionists. As I've said before, hopefully after independence they will find a country more suited to their bigoted views. 

Fair comment.

36 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

More that I chose to live in London, the only UK city other than Edinburgh that I ever wanted to live in. I am not much of a nationalist of any sort TBH.

Having done both I agree 2 great Cities to live in. 

52 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

This Brexit lark clearly isn't going well then?

The Eton Mess is sabre rattling by firing up his 'Global Britain' Committee to er further isolate Global Britain (Great Nation) 😂

That article by Coates is complete bullshit. "Triggering" Art 16 is nothing to do with starting a trade war, it was designed to be the polar opposite of a trade war.  

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That article by Coates is complete bullshit. "Triggering" Art 16 is nothing to do with starting a trade war, it was designed to be the polar opposite of a trade war.  

Do you think the Eton Mess would be aware of that.

The man that by his own admission didn't read the NI Protocl or the Withdrawal Agreement?

11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The man that by his own admission didn't read the NI Protocl or the Withdrawal Agreement?

Whatever their collective (considerable  ?) level of ignorance , I'm sure they know Art16 doesn't mean what it has come to mean ie some kind of weapon to screw the EU and simply walk away from the agreement they told us was "oven ready" and a "fantastic deal". And if it has that kind of power then it is  surely it also a weapon in the hands of the EU , a kind of brexit "MAD" scenario given UKs "limited & specific" breaking of international law. 

I've come to the conclusion Clownshoes neither knows nor cares what the GFA/NIP/Art16 means for the UK - he'll let Frost spout off in the media and do all the shouting at the EU but in the final analysis, Clownshoes will be well insulated from the fall out (indeed, all the parties that foisted brexit  on us will be so insulated) and he'll happily walk away from the PM role and  write loads more sh ite in the Torygraph for £1M p a. 

7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They are exactly the same, except that separation from rUK would be multiple times worse for Scotland. 

The same language used by the SNP against Brexit suddenly goes full 360 and becomes justification for Scexit.  

It's madness on stilts, although, tbh, I don't think anyone truly believes that Scotland would be better off through independence. It's purely about ideology and getting their wee tartan passport.

The irony in this latest montage of utter drivel is quite staggering, even by your ludicrous and laughable standards. 

6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

So you judge one person on a football forum and tar the whole country with that same brush?

I cant speak for @ri Albanbut I am sure he will be along shortly to offer you his opinion on the matter.

When was the last time you were out of Scotland mate? Sounds to me like you need to travel a bit if you think Scotland is a religious bigoted backwater! Try one of the other 3 countries in our union for starters.

:rolleyes2: They're too easy, bud. I'll deal with this one later. :)

9 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

The irony in this latest montage of utter drivel is quite staggering, even by your ludicrous and laughable standards. 

So, you've no credible points to make. I think we all knew that anyway.  Thanks for wasting my time. I'll forward my invoice.

10 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

More classist anti-British bile.

12 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

They are absolutely not the same.

"It's purely about ideology" ....  No , it means shifting your economy from a dependency on a clearly decreasing economy &  market of 70 million to a market of 400+ million with  better trade deals than Scotland currently enjoys.

But that apart , you're bang on the money. 

Utter garbage. The size of the market is irrelevant.  Our trade with the EU is a QUARTER of our rUK dealings. Our EU trade is decreasing while rUK is rising. If we're not selling into the EU now how tf would we suddenly be doing so post-separation.??

14 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Not to be pedantic, but it's 180 not 360, 360 would bring you back to where you started.

The rest of your post is horlicks too mind.

You're not pedantic KvC, just wrong. I'm talking about circular arguments.  Every Remain argument Sturgeon made will be thrown back in her face in any future Scexit campaign.  Arguing while facing 2 ways is simply not credible. 

14 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

But the great Number 11 magician has just given us 3Pence Off a pint to "help the working poor (sorry) man"!

& by the way, it's not "Scottish separation", it's Independence.

You seem to be able to make about as much shit up as you like!

It's Scexit if we want to be entirely accurate. 

Konrad von Carstein
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You're not pedantic KvC, just wrong. I'm talking about circular arguments.  Every Remain argument Sturgeon made will be thrown back in her face in any future Scexit campaign.  Arguing while facing 2 ways is simply not credible. 

:berra:

17 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Utter garbage. The size of the market is irrelevant.  Our trade with the EU is a QUARTER of our rUK dealings. Our EU trade is decreasing while rUK is rising. If we're not selling into the EU now how tf would we suddenly be doing so post-separation.??

Utter garbage : quite. 

In the same way Ireland did when it decided to wean itself from the UK and look to the EU instead. You need to think (more) and talk less. 

20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Every Remain argument Unionists  made will be thrown back in their  faces in any future Scexit campaign.  Simply not credible. 

FTFY

12 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

👍

20 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Don’t really expect that from you tbh. Bit much no?

The religious bigots are all for the union too. 

Quite like English. It's yer Britnat folk born in Scotland, I have a problem with. But hey, let the flutists flute. 

Won't hesitate with these *****, if and when civil war comes. 👍

Edited by ri Alban

19 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

They are absolutely not the same.

"It's purely about ideology" ....  No , it means shifting your economy from a dependency on a clearly decreasing economy &  market of 70 million to a market of 400+ million with  better trade deals than Scotland currently enjoys.

But that apart , you're bang on the money. 

He and others miss the one big point of independence. We get to choose, not ruk and ruk chose to take us out of the EU by a government we can't get rid of. And for that, Scotland has to suffer the SNP until we can. 

Everything else is irrelevant. Scotland has all it needs to run a stable economy on its own. But is being drilled to death by UK policies designed for England, which is fair enough, as it's the main player. But it's destroying Scotland. I'm surprised Scots are still fighting to keep her alive. 300 years and it's still here. 

Edited by ri Alban

20 hours ago, Smithee said:

Scotland's epic, you can ram that shit

Religius bigotry. Now there's a laugh, Nucky probably goes on many a sponsored walk and cheers when the British military kill the enemy. You know, those we guys playing in the streets, when boom, a fecking drone makes them into mince meat.

7 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Utter garbage : quite. 

In the same way Ireland did when it decided to wean itself from the UK and look to the EU instead. You need to think (more) and talk less. 

Wean itself from the UK?

Ireland's biggest trading partner, by far, is the USA, followed in 2nd by the UK.

The best solution, in terms of Good Friday and UK trade, would be for Ireland to leave the EU. Would have solved the border issue and they would have enhanced trading terms with UK.

Scotland can call itself what it wants but the main trading partner is and always will be England, by a country mile. Geographically, we will always rely on food supplies crossing the border from England, for example. 

You can only trade with people who want to buy or sell what you have or want.

The EU market, regardless of size, will always be a small player for Scotland. There is a big world outside the EU.

50 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He and others miss the one big point of independence. We get to choose, not ruk and ruk chose to take us out of the EU by a government we can't get rid of. And for that, Scotland has to suffer the SNP until we can. 

Everything else is irrelevant. Scotland has all it needs to run a stable economy on its own. But is being drilled to death by UK policies designed for England, which is fair enough, as it's the main player. But it's destroying Scotland. I'm surprised Scots are still fighting to keep her alive. 300 years and it's still here. 

Boom!

There it is in a nutshell for the bowler hat, GSTQ & FTP brigade!

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Wean itself from the UK?

Ireland's biggest trading partner, by far, is the USA, followed in 2nd by the UK.

The best solution, in terms of Good Friday and UK trade, would be for Ireland to leave the EU. Would have solved the border issue and they would have enhanced trading terms with UK.

Scotland can call itself what it wants but the main trading partner is and always will be England, by a country mile. Geographically, we will always rely on food supplies crossing the border from England, for example. 

The EU market, regardless of size, will always be a small player for Scotland. There is a big world outside the EU.

Are you suggesting that England will stop trading with Scotland after Indy?

For me, one of the biggest differences between Brexit and Indy is how informed the voters are/were of the facts.

The Brexit campaign seemed built upon deliberately hiding the genuine impact and plastering lies on the side of buses. Everything was made to look positive, full of sunny uplands and any problems easily ironed out. 

At least with Indy, those proposing the change in status quo created a detailed white paper setting out the costs, benefits, opportunities and risks. The result felt like a much more informed decision than Brexit. I assume the same will happen with the next Indy referendum and if it’s a Yes win then at least we’ll be going into it with eyes open and not feeling misled (or misinformed) like a lot of Brexit voters feel now.

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

I'm confirming that the current frictionless trade with England - which accounts for 65% of Scotland's exports - would cease and would revert to EU/UK terms.

You know? The trade deal that Labour,  the SNP etc have been rubbishing for the past 2 years.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy and inconsistency of claiming economic "armageddon" from Brexit (affecting about 14% of our exports) while agitating for Scexit.

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

£65b of exports to Scotland. 🤔 The second biggest after The USA. Tho, not much in it, if you compare population. 5.4m to 350m. 

How exactly are 5.4m people spending £65b in return for £50b from 62m of our Friends from ruk. Puzzling how don't have these things or infrastructure for these things we need. Must be double/treble billing us. We'll find out some day, hopefully soon.

As for the EU, I'd rather be bit part players and concentrate on the Nordic countries, where we belong .

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm confirming that the current frictionless trade with England - which accounts for 65% of Scotland's exports - would cease and would revert to EU/UK terms.

You know? The trade deal that Labour,  the SNP etc have been rubbishing for the past 2 years.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy and inconsistency of claiming economic "armageddon" from Brexit (affecting about 14% of our exports) while agitating for Scexit.

Why is one border a problem and 27 others are not. England lost 50ish% of their trade thro Brexit, add in Scotland(16%) and it's the same. But I'll point you to Ireland, they had high trade with the UK, noebthey don't and for some reason, are wealthier than Scotland. I don't have to tell you about the goodies Scotland has, oil gas, renewables, water, but the main one for GB is the territorial waters. Maybe we'll give the fisher people back their industry.

Edited by ri Alban

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

More classist anti-British bile.

From the man himself. 

Like I said. I could do this all day every day. 

20211030_073507.jpg

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Mate “It’ll be the easiest trade deal in history” because “we hold all the cards” & “countries will be lining up to deal with us”.

In truth, it will work. Was only 5 Sundays ago just over 20% of Englands electricity came from Scotland. They need us as much as we need them. Just not politically & thats it! No flag flying, no tatan kilts or morris dancing. Just us in control of us. Not them. 

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Would you have bothered if the EU(Brussels) became the central government and the capital of the UK?

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

£65b of exports to Scotland. 🤔 The second biggest after The USA. Tho, not much in it, if you compare population. 5.4m to 350m. 

How exactly are 5.4m people spending £65b in return for £50b from 62m of our Friends from ruk. Puzzling how don't have these things or infrastructure for these things we need. Must be double/treble billing us. We'll find out some day, hopefully soon.

As for the EU, I'd rather be bit part players and concentrate on the Nordic countries, where we belong .

👍

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

And Scotland exports 51bn to rUK with a tenth of the population? Who is more reliant on trade? I think you know the answer. 

Scotland imports 65bn from rUK because peoole need to eat and drink. Simple ss that. England could take or leave their exports to us. It's only a fraction of their trade.

The only border that matters to Scotland should be on GB. The very one they want block . Madness on stilts

10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So, you've no credible points to make. I think we all knew that anyway.  Thanks for wasting my time. I'll forward my invoice.

What credible points do you think you make? 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Religius bigotry. Now there's a laugh, Nucky probably goes on many a sponsored walk and cheers when the British military kill the enemy. You know, those we guys playing in the streets, when boom, a fecking drone makes them into mince meat.

Nucky strikes me as being the type of chap who sits in community centres getting leathered watching daft wee laddie's march up and down gym halls playing their silly wee recorders as the fat lad drums badly. 😁

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Nucky strikes me as being the type of chap who sits in community centres getting leathered watching daft wee laddie's march up and down gym halls playing their silly wee recorders as the fat lad drums badly. 😁

I'm guessing you're talking about orange lodges and flute bands?

Not my scene, but you seem to know what goes on :thumbsup:

Are you a reformed bigot by any chance? 

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:lol: 

What a bizarre accusation even for the Shed. 

26 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Nope, I'm part oirish and part kafflick 'n that. 😊

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Wean itself from the UK?

You're not very good at this,  are you ? 

Their trade deal with the US is irrelevant in the context of moving away from the UK. 

You've obviously been trawling to find something to contradict me and found a table that says UK is Irelands 2nd largest trading partner (£16.4 Bn)   , followed by a list  of EU countries , which when totalled, are more than DOUBLE   the value of their UK trade . Their trade with Belgium alone almost equals their UK trade deal. 

So , for clarity, the UK is 3rd , a LONG way behind the USA & the EU. Got that ? 

I never said anything about England NOT being Scotland's biggest trading partner and there is no reason for this not to continue while Scotland explores other deals , say with the EU. 

PS There is indeed "a big world outside the EU" but it just so happens the EU is the biggest and the richest trading bloc on the planet.  But you knew that, right ? 

Nice try though. 

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And Scotland exports 51bn to rUK with a tenth of the population? Who is more reliant on trade? I think you know the answer. 

Scotland imports 65bn from rUK because peoole need to eat and drink. Simple ss that. England could take or leave their exports to us. It's only a fraction of their trade.

The only border that matters to Scotland should be on GB. The very one they want block . Madness on stilts

Not unless they magic up  100,000 HGV drivers to import their food from the EU. 

It's nothing to do with being " a fraction of their trade". 

How old are you, 12 ? 

7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You're not very good at this,  are you ? 

Their trade deal with the US is irrelevant in the context of moving away from the UK. 

You've obviously been trawling to find something to contradict me and found a table that says UK is Irelands 2nd largest trading partner (£16.4 Bn)   , followed by a list  of EU countries , which when totalled, are more than DOUBLE   the value of their UK trade . Their trade with Belgium alone almost equals their UK trade deal. 

So , for clarity, the UK is 3rd , a LONG way behind the USA & the EU. Got that ? 

I never said anything about England NOT being Scotland's biggest trading partner and there is no reason for this not to continue while Scotland explores other deals , say with the EU. 

PS There is indeed "a big world outside the EU" but it just so happens the EU is the biggest and the richest trading bloc on the planet.  But you knew that, right ? 

Nice try though. 

The EU is a declining cartel that punishes producers and traders all over the world, with hefty tariffs.

Scotland's interests are best served by following the UK path. 

Back to my original point, the same people who shouted about the damage that Brexit would do the UK economy etc, advocate economic carnage by leaving our most important trading partner, by a country mile. The SNP know that, but don't care .

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Has Scotland ever voted Tory?

The Scottish Unionist party (only becoming the Conservative party in Scotland in 1965) had won a famous and overwhelming victory in the general election of 1955. The SNP at the time was but an irrelevant and eccentric sect rather than a mainstream political party. Indeed, despite the mythology of Red Clydeside, Scotland had voted mainly for the Tories in the 1920s and 1930s. The Labour landslide victory of 1945 can be seen as an aberration in that context.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/14/history-turned-on-tory-voting-scotland-thatcher-1980s

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Has Scotland ever voted Tory?

Who are "Scotland"? It's a constituency based GE where each seat is allocated to local preferences.  Xenophobia doesn't come into it.

"Scotland" doesn't get to vote for A party and nor should it.

Why do you obsess about imaginary lines?

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Not unless they magic up  100,000 HGV drivers to import their food from the EU. 

It's nothing to do with being " a fraction of their trade". 

How old are you, 12 ? 

You haven't been listening have you?

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

The EU is a declining cartel that punishes producers and traders all over the world, with hefty tariffs.

Scotland's interests are best served by following the UK path. 

Back to my original point, the same people who shouted about the damage that Brexit would do the UK economy etc, advocate economic carnage by leaving our most important trading partner, by a country mile. The SNP know that, but don't care .

Back to the original  point which is not what you claim it to be (more bollox) :  you tried to trash my point about the change in  Ireland /EU trade with your own very selective data (which you haven't the grace to acknowledge)  so now we get this garbage. 

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Who are "Scotland"? It's a constituency based GE where each seat is allocated to local preferences.  Xenophobia doesn't come into it.

"Scotland" doesn't get to vote for A party and nor should it.

Why do you obsess about imaginary lines?

Why don't you just answer his question with some facts (proper facts, not your made up ones) & maybe a source,  instead of posting yet more nonsense ? Is that too much to ask ?