Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Francis Albert
11 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That's correct - it was granted, on application  : it wasn't "offered". 

And you forgot to mention "settled status". Brexit isn't/wasn't exactly Shangri-La for EU citizens.

So for all your sarcasm, let's concentrate on getting the facts right and dispel any notion this government was "offering" anyone anything. 

I don't know about sarcasm but I can spot pedantry!

It was offered and granted to those who applied. All 6 million of them. The process revealed there were twice as many EU residents here as we thought which surely justified the exercise as a first step in taking back control of who can permanently live here, a control exercised by  almost every country in the world. Including the quasi state the EU.

Who said the UK was Shangri-La for anyone? But it is somewhere 6 million EU citizens have chosen to live in  and of course home to many from outside the EU who have chosen in recent years to live here. And to thousands risking their lives every year to reach here from the EU.

It doesn't suggest it it is quite the hopeless doomed basket case portrayed by the remainers/rejoiners/losers.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Maybe it's time to highlight the mass stench of People born in Scotland taking English Jobs, homes and everything that goes with it, to the Leave vote masses.

Yes, it is.

The Northern Brit are filthy thieves. Send them back. :yas: 

Me: They're no coming here, stick them in NI or Wales. And we've a few mair, if you can deal with them, anaw, that would be grand. Cheers 👍

We Scots ex-pats (or emigrants) who have chosen to live in England view it as a mission civilisatrice.

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

We Scots ex-pats (or emigrants) who have chosen to live in England view it as a mission civilisatrice.

No wonder you chose to leave.

Scotland is a backward country filled with religious and Nationalist bigots like the clown you quoted.

Konrad von Carstein
48 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Scotland is a backward country filled with religious and Nationalist bigots like the clown you quoted.

:berra:

6 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

How many of the 'Spanish immigrants' are living and working here and contributing to the UK economy via taxes?

How many of the ex pats are retired to the Costas contributing little and draining Spanish resources?

Priti Patel couldn't wait to stop freedom of movement and to take back control. That's a two way street and the Spanish are rightly asking those without entitlement to stay to feck off back to whence they came. 

Shame. 

No surprise that you would be supporting the persecution of the weak and vulnerable. Its in the remainers DNA. 

15 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Do the current economic impacts that are  attributable to brexit show a positive or negative impact on the economy ? 

Every time you respond to me I'm going to ask you this. 

Are the current economic impacts that are attributed to Brexit actually caused by the pandemic. Every time you respond with your slavish support for the racist European super state I'm going to ask you this.

41 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

No surprise that you would be supporting the persecution of the weak and vulnerable. Its in the remainers DNA. 

:laugh2:

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

No surprise that you would be supporting the persecution of the weak and vulnerable.

I didn't vote Tory.

WorldChampions1902
18 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I didn't vote Tory.

It is somewhat incongruous that those who level accusations of racism against the EU are quite comfortable with voting Tory, the party responsible for the Windrush scandal. The party that wants to turn back dinghies full of immigrants mid-Channel. The party led by their Racist-in-Chief who uttered the most foul, disgusting, racist comments and more below. Their hypocrisy is off the scale.

38B1172D-8F8C-4AB7-95E5-2CD22BF7E863.jpeg

The Mighty Thor

Anyway back onto the topic at hand.

The OBR, the governments own economic forecast and analysis department, have put to bed the Coronavirus v Brexit nonsense.

Brexit will impact UK long term GDP by 4% with the Covid pandemic deepening the shitshow by a further 2%.

They also warn that inflation will run up higher than Itchy Bawsack was soft-balling yesterday.

Still, we hold all the cards.  👍

The Chancellor has tried to laugh off the OBR and other expert analysis of the harm caused by Brexit.

"Brexit was 5 years ago", says the bawbag.

They're in total denial.

WorldChampions1902
15 minutes ago, Cade said:

The Chancellor has tried to laugh off the OBR and other expert analysis of the harm caused by Brexit.

They're in total denial.

TBF whenever any credible evidence was made public, they always reverted to the well-worn mantra, “We’ve had enough of experts”. Just more of the same.

19 minutes ago, Cade said:

They're in total denial.

Bloody experts.  Probably just enjoying their 15 minutes of fame.  Let's abolish the OBR and replace it with an even more independent body.  We'll need a big hitter,  go getter,  executive type to head it up.  What's Dame Harding up to?

Edited by Victorian

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

What's Dame Harding up to?

Feck all other than making bank.

Same as the last 18 months.

Francis Albert
55 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

It is somewhat incongruous that those who level accusations of racism against the EU are quite comfortable with voting Tory, the party responsible for the Windrush scandal. The party that wants to turn back dinghies full of immigrants mid-Channel. The party led by their Racist-in-Chief who uttered the most foul, disgusting, racist comments and more below. Their hypocrisy is off the scale.

38B1172D-8F8C-4AB7-95E5-2CD22BF7E863.jpeg

It must make thinking simple when you can base everything on the sins of the evil Tories. Never voted Tory in my life and never will. Labour all the way up to the ludicrous Corbyn.

But I can still recognise the appalling Labour Goverment decision to back the Nigerian dictator against the Biafrans. And recognise that the Tory government that succeeded it opposed the racist Idi Amin's expulsion of Asians from Uganda the majority of whom were welcomed by the UK. And it was of course the hated Tories under  Heath that took us into the EU.

He's also now saying that he's actually cutting taxes for millions of the lowest paid.  

Yeah,  'cos National Insurance isn't a tax... for a bit.  Anything called tax is tax and anything not called tax is something else entirely... for a while.  Look over there!  3p off the average 30p inflationary rise in the price of beer.  You're better off.

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

He's also now saying that he's actually cutting taxes for millions of the lowest paid.  

Yeah,  'cos National Insurance isn't a tax... for a bit.  Anything called tax is tax and anything not called tax is something else entirely... for a while.  Look over there!  3p off the average 30p inflationary rise in the price of beer.  You're better off.

The party of the soundbite.

They spit them out machine gun style knowing there will be no one pulling them up for being porkies. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The party of the soundbite.

They spit them out machine gun style knowing there will be no one pulling them up for being porkies. 

It's ok though.  The banks are paying a nice surcharge to corporation tax... oh hang on,  not so much no.  That great big reform to properly tax digital services revenues will be just around the corner.  Oven ready tax.

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

It must make thinking simple when you can base everything on the sins of the evil Tories. Never voted Tory in my life and never will. Labour all the way up to the ludicrous Corbyn.

But I can still recognise the appalling Labour Goverment decision to back the Nigerian dictator against the Biafrans. And recognise that the Tory government that succeeded it opposed the racist Idi Amin's expulsion of Asians from Uganda the majority of whom were welcomed by the UK. And it was of course the hated Tories under  Heath that took us into the EU.

You doth protest too much methinks. But thanks for the history lesson.

I’m pleased that your sentiments support my original point that Tory voting Leavers have a brass neck suggesting that the EU is racist, given the track record of their party and it’s Racist-in-Chief Johnson.

Meanwhile, back on topic, Brexit continues to be a shitshow with no end in sight. Discuss.

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

You doth protest too much methinks. But thanks for the history lesson.

I’m pleased that your sentiments support my original point that Tory voting Leavers have a brass neck suggesting that the EU is racist, given the track record of their party and it’s Racist-in-Chief Johnson.

Meanwhile, back on topic, Brexit continues to be a shitshow with no end in sight. Discuss.

How do I protest too much? Sorry doth protest youthinks. 

Sorry have no idea what your second paragraph even means.

And is 'Brexit is a shitshow" the best you can do to move the discussion on?

Edited by Francis Albert

WorldChampions1902
9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

How do I protest too much? Sorry doth protest youthinks. 

Sorry have no idea what your second paragraph even means.

Two “sorry’s” over a two line post. Very magnanimous of you. Both apologies accepted.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Two “sorry’s” over a two line post. Very magnanimous of you. Both apologies accepted.

The first sorry was an apology to myself.  Not to you. An apology for perhaps not making myself clear.

The second was simply my apology for not understanding you and inviting clarification.

Neither called for your acceptance.

Folk still greeting about Brexit, while advocating Scottish separation. "I'm no paying £4 a pint, I can't afford that. I'm gonna go to the Crook & Murrell, it's only £5 a pint"

You couldn't make this sh*t up.

🤣🤣🤣

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Folk still greeting about Brexit, while advocating Scottish separation. "I'm no paying £4 a pint, I can't afford that. I'm gonna go to the Crook & Murrell, it's only £5 a pint"

🤣🤣🤣

:what:

5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Anyway back onto the topic at hand.

The OBR, the governments own economic forecast and analysis department, have put to bed the Coronavirus v Brexit nonsense.

Brexit will impact UK long term GDP by 4% with the Covid pandemic deepening the shitshow by a further 2%.

They also warn that inflation will run up higher than Itchy Bawsack was soft-balling yesterday.

Still, we hold all the cards.  👍

Yes I heard that this morning.

Was shocked actually given the financial outlay from the government (furlough etc).

Despite that the UK economy has performed ok .

Which also given the incompetence of government is a shock.

Why is that ?

6 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

🤣🤣🤣

Scottish independence and Brexit are nothing alike. 🤣 🤣 🤣 But you can make shit up. 👍 

Aw, Enzo is feart he'll no be able to steal English tax money to sit at the bar all day with the same pint, whistling GSTQ and Rule Britannia. 😢 I've shed a tear for you. Shouting feck Scotland, so his Brit pals pat him on the back.  

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524cc1464100c5744c42

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Scottish independence and Brexit are nothing alike. 🤣 🤣 🤣 But you can make shit up. 👍 

Aw, Enzo is feart he'll no be able to steal English tax money to sit at the bar all day with the same pint, whistling GSTQ and Rule Britannia. 😢 I've shed a tear for you. Shouting feck Scotland, so his Brit pals pat him on the back.  

They are exactly the same, except that separation from rUK would be multiple times worse for Scotland. 

The same language used by the SNP against Brexit suddenly goes full 360 and becomes justification for Scexit.  

It's madness on stilts, although, tbh, I don't think anyone truly believes that Scotland would be better off through independence. It's purely about ideology and getting their wee tartan passport.

Nucky Thompson
43 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They are exactly the same, except that separation from rUK would be multiple times worse for Scotland. 

The same language used by the SNP against Brexit suddenly goes full 360 and becomes justification for Scexit.  

It's madness on stilts, although, tbh, I don't think anyone truly believes that Scotland would be better off through independence. It's purely about ideology and getting their wee tartan passport.

:yas:

19 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

And unionist bigots and clowns like you. 

The Mighty Thor
52 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Lol.

Better together.

The Vow

The only way to stay in the EU is to vote no

£350million a week 

Turkey joining the EU

Easiest deal in human history 

We hold the cards

Sunlit uplands

That language used?

I could literally sit here for the next hour typing out the lies and misdemeanours of the Tory government over the last 5 years and not touch the sides.

They got away with lying to the Scottish electorate in the run up to 2014. They won't get away with it the second time. 

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:lol:

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not to be pedantic, but it's 180 not 360, 360 would bring you back to where you started.

The rest of your post is horlicks too mind.

20 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Is it aye?

Where are they exactly?

You view someone who doesn't want to be tethered anymore to a union that clearly doesn't work for Scotland as a "Nationalist bigot" (in a "backward" country that after 300 years should be both civilized & modernised by the Great British Empire...ironically).

I would argue YOU are the bigot towards anyone with a different opinion.

11 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

🤣🤣🤣

But the great Number 11 magician has just given us 3Pence Off a pint to "help the working poor (sorry) man"!

& by the way, it's not "Scottish separation", it's Independence.

You seem to be able to make about as much shit up as you like!

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is it aye?

Where are they exactly?

You view someone who doesn't want to be tethered anymore to a union that clearly doesn't work for Scotland as a "Nationalist bigot" (in a "backward" country that after 300 years should be both civilized & modernised by the Great British Empire...ironically).

I would argue YOU are the bigot towards anyone with a different opinion.

ri Alban is a Nationalist bigot, the type who would blow up a red post box, or stand at the border wearing his hazmat suit telling English people to 'go home'

As for religious bigots, FFS, where do I start :lol:

The country is backward shithole, governed by a bunch of glorified councilors 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

ri Alban is a Nationalist bigot, the type who would blow up a red post box, or stand at the border wearing his hazmat suit telling English people to 'go home'

:rofl:

That’s why you still live here.

16 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

All this is true but do you think that party back then is the same as the one sitting in office now?

All the moderates (relatively speaking) were binned by BOJO 2 years ago. It's a party of far right wing toffs with one agenda...to make themselves, their donors and pals super wealthy. They care not about real working people.

Nucky Thompson
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

That’s why you still live here.

I've not got much choice at the moment TRM, I've got an established business here.

I spend most of my leisure time over the border though. Much more civilised :biggrin2:

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

So you judge one person on a football forum and tar the whole country with that same brush?

I cant speak for @ri Albanbut I am sure he will be along shortly to offer you his opinion on the matter.

When was the last time you were out of Scotland mate? Sounds to me like you need to travel a bit if you think Scotland is a religious bigoted backwater! Try one of the other 3 countries in our union for starters.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've not got much choice at the moment TRM, I've got an established business here.

I spend most of my leisure time over the border though. Much more civilised :biggrin2:

They are .

I found that in York last week.

😉

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Don’t really expect that from you tbh. Bit much no?

The religious bigots are all for the union too. 

21 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

And to avoid that he chose to live in... England. 

The Mighty Thor
32 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Start with your mucker. He is quote fond of the sellick and kerrydale street analogies when talking about the SNP. I'm quite sure he played that card a few pages back.

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Scotland's epic, you can ram that shit

Funnily enough, the religious bigots are the unionists. As I've said before, hopefully after independence they will find a country more suited to their bigoted views. 

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They are absolutely not the same.

"It's purely about ideology" ....  No , it means shifting your economy from a dependency on a clearly decreasing economy &  market of 70 million to a market of 400+ million with  better trade deals than Scotland currently enjoys.

But that apart , you're bang on the money. 

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2021/10/wanted-serious-post-brexit-policy.html

brexit really is delivering....

But although not mentioned by Sunak in his speech, the latest figures from the OBR which accompanied the budget show that UK goods trade with the EU is down by 15% and with non-EU by 7% since 2019. This suggests a very considerable negative Brexit effect above and beyond that of the pandemic.

For context - this isn't a difference of 8%.

The EU is UKs No1  market but even if you rolled up the next TWENTY countries/trade deals  by value (last time I looked) you still wouldn't get a combined value  anywhere near the value of EU trade. 

And UK has twice postponed customs controls on imports, which will kick in next year 2022. Happy days. 

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

All this is true but do you think that party back then is the same as the one sitting in office now?

All the moderates (relatively speaking) were binned by BOJO 2 years ago. It's a party of far right wing toffs with one agenda...to make themselves, their donors and pals super wealthy. They care not about real working people.

A fair point and I am certainly no fan of BOJO and his cronies. There was a bit of sleaziness around the Wilson and Blair governments and certainly in some Labour councils but the current lot are on a different scale. But there have been and still are decent Tories. The guy recently murdered seemed to be one.

Interestingly if you read the Mail or Telegraph  (and i know many people if they read anything only read things they agree with)  their columns are full of criticism of the Government for pursuing a high spending and high tax policy departing from Tory ideals. And there is criticism in London  from the mayor and others about not getting a fair share of investment in public transport compared to other UK cities. Which when you compare the public transport infrastructure in London with anywhere else in the UK is a bit rich.

The Tories also have a few more seats where they need to retain working class votes. And to say that is all about racism is simplistic. As in Scotland the Labour party in England has failed a lot of its traditional voters.

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Lol.

Better together.

The Vow

The only way to stay in the EU is to vote no

£350million a week 

Turkey joining the EU

Easiest deal in human history 

We hold the cards

Sunlit uplands

That language used?

I could literally sit here for the next hour typing out the lies and misdemeanours of the Tory government over the last 5 years and not touch the sides.

They got away with lying to the Scottish electorate in the run up to 2014. They won't get away with it the second time. 

Great post.

The yoons are going to cling to their "once in a generation" nonsense because the one selling point in 2014 of  their  union , that "we're better together" ,  is drowning in falling EU trade figures and a shrinking economy.

The union is a much harder sell for them now.