Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Y'all are missing the point spectacularly. 

It's about money. Pure and simple. 

Disaster capitalists filling their boots at all our expense. 

Those island hideaways were about to be closed for the Brexit billionaires/millionaires.

Edited by ri Alban

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

:spoton:

Done not too badly out of the pandemic too, by many accounts.

18 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yep, they just stepped in line behind the existing Eurosceptics, noised up the xenophobes, and found a front man in Johnson who was willing to tell whatever lies were needed to get him the keys to number 10.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Isn't it always?

joondalupjambo
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Ha ha you live in Leven 😛

Absolutely, most definitely, without any shadow of a doubt, not there.  Bit further along in the nice bit😀😀😀

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

Yep, and wilful ignorance throughout, from top to bottom. Boorish, sabre rattling ignorance, go Brexit!

Substitute "Brexit" for" Scottish Independence " and you're probably nailed it.

Breaking up a 40 year partnership with countries with whom, in terms of currency,  language, culture 

, geography, employment and familial ties we have little in common with, ..yes, you could still argue it was risky and possibly the wrong decision. .

But then going on to support breaking up the 300 year old UK is mind boggingly stupid, ignorant and selfish. The paradoxical madness in being a Remainer and a Yes-bag is purely down to being stupid. I've tried hard but there is no other conclusion to reach. 

HartleyLegend3
24 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Breaking up a 40 year partnership with countries with whom, in terms of currency,  language, culture 

, geography, employment and familial ties we have little in common with, ..yes, you could still argue it was risky and possibly the wrong decision. .

But then going on to support breaking up the 300 year old UK is mind boggingly stupid, ignorant and selfish. The paradoxical madness in being a Remainer and a Yes-bag is purely down to being stupid. I've tried hard but there is no other conclusion to reach. 

Do you think there will be a Berlin type wall built with armed soldiers maning checkpoints? 

Or will it be the same set up as visiting any other country in the world? Only difference, you can visit England in a car, no need for a plane. 

What are you talking about when you brought up families? 

As for the misty eyed 300 years of history. It's a history steeped in war, massacre, genocide.

46 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sometimes you find yourself in a relationship where you realise you're just drifting apart in opposite directions. When rUK showed that they were moving away from being internationalist towards a more narrow-minded nationalistic point of view, xenophobic at times, culminating with the sublimely stupid decision to leave the EU, the 300 odd year relationship was over for me and my desire to remain in the UK was finished. We generally don't think the same way in Scotland and I don't want rUK to drag us down with them. I'd far rather see us in the family of European nations, sharing their visions and helping to shape these visions, than waste away being the wee closeted narcissistic nation that the UK is rapidly becoming.

30 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Do you think there will be a Berlin type wall built with armed soldiers maning checkpoints? 

Or will it be the same set up as visiting any other country in the world? Only difference, you can visit England in a car, no need for a plane. 

What are you talking about when you brought up families? 

As for the misty eyed 300 years of history. It's a history steeped in war, massacre, genocide.

Oh ffs. War, massacre and genocide??🤣🤣🤣 The Jocks were the feckin worst.

How are the hard of thinking not getting this?? The very same issues that the EU ARE IMPOSING on the border between NI and the Republic are the very same issues that will affect the Scotland/England border. 

We are geographically attached, and financially reliant on the UK.

FFS, a country you claim is diverging from the UK,  had one of the lowest turn outs in the Brexit vote. A THIRD of those eligible to vote, couldn't be arsed.

Those who wish to be European  should,  perhaps,  consider learning a European language and move to where they feel happier. The UK will be just fine.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The very same issues that the EU ARE IMPOSING on the border between NI and the Republic are the very same issues that will affect the Scotland/England border. 

The issues that David now Lord Frost and Boris Johnson, pm of the UK 'negotiated' and sold as a deal of the oven ready variety? 🤔

Nucky Thompson

How are the hard of thinking not getting this?? The very same issues that the EU ARE IMPOSING on the border between NI and the Republic are the very same issues that will affect the Scotland/England border. 

FFS, a country you claim is diverging from the UK,  had one of the lowest turn outs in the Brexit vote. A THIRD of those eligible to vote, couldn't be arsed.

Those who wish to be European  should,  perhaps,  consider learning a European language and move to where they feel happier. The UK will be just fine.

:glorious:

HartleyLegend3

Not really sure what is funny about that. But you are totally right, we (jocks) lead the army to commit those atrocities. 

Why would anyone use British history as a reason for Scotland to stay apart of the UK? 

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Neither the EU nor the Union were created because of having something in common.  The UK didn't leave the EU because it didn't have anything in common with its trading partner. 

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

myopic_thundercnut.JPG

11 hours ago, Cade said:

Turkeys voting for..............no turkey at xmas?

:greggy:

11 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Unfortunately, there are far too many sheep.

Welcome to Jambos Farmback.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The issues that David now Lord Frost and Boris Johnson, pm of the UK 'negotiated' and sold as a deal of the oven ready variety? 🤔

The EU repeatedly offered solutions that would ensure frictionless trade in both directions between NI and GB.  The British government turned them all down, and offered no alternatives, except for an agreement that ensured easy access without checks for goods going from NI to GB, but more paperwork on goods travelling in the opposite direction.  The British government also gave undertakings to the EU and to NI business interests to put processes and systems in place to minimise and simplify those checks.  Those have not yet been put in place, and the British government have given no indication of when they might be put in place.

There is no crisis, but there are problems - problems created by the untrustworthy and unreliable British government, who have let people in NI down.

7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So do we have permission to use slur word for all nationalities and races?

Just so I know. But nothing quite like insulting Scots, especially from so called Scots, or are they, could be anyone from anywhere.

The best thing about independence will be no more of our people dying for England. It's pretty good that since the fight for independence in the last ten year only pet Scots now join up. 

:glorious:Europe army coming soon, which will just take the rest of the UK at will. 

Roads soon to be filled by inexperienced drivers, behind the wheel of juggernauts that will wipe folk out.

Just another Brexit dividend.

Francis Albert

Is Brexit the sole cause of shortage of HGV  drivers also in much of Europe and in the US?

Anyway having driven round the M25 yesterday afternoon seeing signs that every Services was out of fuel and once off the motorway encountered a huge tailback caused by a queue outside a garage that still had fuel I read that some garages are rationing motorists to a £30 maximum fill. This will achieve the opposite of what is intended and imposing a  minimum of £30 would work better by preventing people topping up whenever their tank has any space to accommodate a couple of litres of fuel.

Edited by Francis Albert

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

So do we have permission to use slur word for all nationalities and races?

Just so I know. But nothing quite like insulting Scots, especially from so called Scots, or are they, could be anyone from anywhere.

I’ve got one for you. I was at turf moor last weekend for Burnley Arsenal. Tierney is a wee diving git we know that but he got a few heavy tackles and every time he was down the Burnley fans launched into “you scots ******* you scots *******” when he was down. I was pretty taken aback tbh, I recall a hearts fan getting into bother for calling Josh Magennis an Irish ***** or something but not a whole end signing it!! 
Id love to see the Jack n Danny’s defence of that had something even slightly resembling that happened at tynecastle or anywhere in Scotland. It would be the snp hate filled nationalist hearts or Scottish bigot fans :lol: 

On their knees forever. 

WorldChampions1902
14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Is Brexit the sole cause of shortage of HGV  drivers also in much of Europe and in the US?

Looking at ALL the evidence, it would be wholly inaccurate to suggest that Brexit is the sole contributor to the UK’s HGV shortage. What I will not accept, is the exclusion of the impact of Brexit on this crisis which is significant and makes a bad situation a whole lot worse. The former is exactly what Tory politicians and some on here are attempting (and failing) to achieve.

F8BFF728-2D42-47ED-9D77-4BA7F646623E.jpeg

29 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

:brucey:

795382D6-1B7F-4448-A4E5-F6CEE703F46C.jpeg

Well exactly!

If you need fuel then fair enough, but if you are “panic buying” then you (& the media) are the cause of this issue and you are highly likely to be a “feckin eejit”!!!

46 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve got one for you. I was at turf moor last weekend for Burnley Arsenal. Tierney is a wee diving git we know that but he got a few heavy tackles and every time he was down the Burnley fans launched into “you scots ******* you scots *******” when he was down. I was pretty taken aback tbh, I recall a hearts fan getting into bother for calling Josh Magennis an Irish ***** or something but not a whole end signing it!! 
Id love to see the Jack n Danny’s defence of that had something even slightly resembling that happened at tynecastle or anywhere in Scotland. It would be the snp hate filled nationalist hearts or Scottish bigot fans :lol: 

On their knees forever. 

I work for an Eglish based company of some 700 employees of which I am the only Scot and believe me when I say that “casual racism” against Scotland/Scots/Scottishness is alive and kicking. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I work for an Eglish based company of some 700 employees of which I am the only Scot and believe me when I say that “casual racism” against Scotland/Scots/Scottishness is alive and kicking. 

The English have names for everyone. Sweaty. Paddy. Taffy. Frog. Kraut. 
it’s us that are the racists tho :lol: 

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

795382D6-1B7F-4448-A4E5-F6CEE703F46C.jpeg

Seen footage on the news yesterday of a service station which had no fuel, but because somebody had moved the cones blocking the entrance all the desperados piled in and they were all stuck there struggiling to get back out onto the main road, couldn't reverse back out and had to wait ages on one car at time fitting into the traffic.

The point was that even with signs up saying no fuel and cones blocking the entrance, some smart dick ignored them and then caused chaos.

43 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Well exactly!

If you need fuel then fair enough, but if you are “panic buying” then you (& the media) are the cause of this issue and you are highly likely to be a “feckin eejit”!!!

Lincolnshire police were issuing warnings yesterday to drivers to be sensible and not to stockpile fuel at home.

For the police to issue such a warning it means that some people are doing that very thing, I did hear on the news them saying that they had seen a lot of people filling up petrol cans, this was in London.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Anyway having driven round the M25 yesterday afternoon seeing signs that every Services was out of fuel and once off the motorway encountered a huge tailback caused by a queue outside a garage that still had fuel I read that some garages are rationing motorists to a £30 maximum fill. This will achieve the opposite of what is intended and imposing a  minimum of £30 would work better by preventing people topping up whenever their tank has any space to accommodate a couple of litres of fuel.

You make a very good point. The petrol filling stations should have a minimum spend for anyone going in for fuel. As you say, it would stop those who are going in for a wee top up and preventing those who really need to refuel.

They should also stop people from filling up jerry cans at the same time as their cars.  Apart from the delays caused for others wishing to refuel, those people are taking a highly inflamable liquid onto their properties at home, which is resulting in a severe risk to them and their neighbours. Most of them will have absolutely no experience of handling hazardous substances. It's a crazy thing to do.

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

You make a very good point. The petrol filling stations should have a minimum spend for anyone going in for fuel. As you say, it would stop those who are going in for a wee top up and preventing those who really need to refuel.

They should also stop people from filling up jerry cans at the same time as their cars.  Apart from the delays caused for others wishing to refuel, those people are taking a highly inflamable liquid onto their properties at home, which is resulting in a severe risk to them and their neighbours. Most of them will have absolutely no experience of handling hazardous substances. It's a crazy thing to do.

Lincolnshire police were warning about storing fuel at home, yesterday.

2 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:

If people panic because of idiotic and irresponsible news reports that a tiny number of petrol stations (BP and Esso only) had delivery issues, god help us if aliens ever invade.

Na, you'd just vote them in. 

2 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:

If people panic because of idiotic and irresponsible news reports that a tiny number of petrol stations (BP and Esso only) had delivery issues, god help us if aliens ever invade.

War of the Worlds with Orson Welles?
Although the extent of panic was exaggerated.

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

On their knees forever. 

:liesalarm: It couldn't possibly be true. They adore us and only want to look after us poor Scots.

jack D and coke
43 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:liesalarm: It couldn't possibly be true. They adore us and only want to look after us poor Scots.

I thought it was pretty funny tbh but I’d love to see what would’ve happened had that happened at Tynecastle if any English player got it.

The self loathers on here would have a field day saying how we were all hateful nationalists. 

You couldn’t imagine any group of fans giving it you welsh ******* or you french ******* :lol: you Scots ******* was getting well belted out though. Utterly bizarre behaviour. 

3 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:

Governments would have to keep that secret. 

4 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Looking at ALL the evidence, it would be wholly inaccurate to suggest that Brexit is the sole contributor to the UK’s HGV shortage. What I will not accept, is the exclusion of the impact of Brexit on this crisis which is significant and makes a bad situation a whole lot worse. The former is exactly what Tory politicians and some on here are attempting (and failing) to achieve.

F8BFF728-2D42-47ED-9D77-4BA7F646623E.jpeg

Here's an example of the general view on the position. I think he meant % not k

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

A  football crowd is representative of the views of a nation? Would you be happy for Scotland to be judged on the basis of the views and behaviours of OF fans. Or even of the Tartan Army?

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Lincolnshire police were issuing warnings yesterday to drivers to be sensible and not to stockpile fuel at home.

For the police to issue such a warning it means that some people are doing that very thing, I did hear on the news them saying that they had seen a lot of people filling up petrol cans, this was in London.

Would love to tell my work “sorry, I cant come in, theres no fuel due to panic buyers”.

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:

ri Alban's already here, mate.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Would love to tell my work “sorry, I cant come in, theres no fuel due to panic buyers”.

It's getting bad when Police cars & Ambulances are running out of fuel due to the panic buyers.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ambulance-crash-petrol-queues-police-b957334.html

If this continues for another day or two it wouldn't surprise me to see rationing being introduced, with only emergency vehicles being allowed to fill their tanks up, everyone else limited to £20 max. 

Of course you'll just get some people garage hopping filling up £20 at a time at different garages.

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It's getting bad when Police cars & Ambulances are running out of fuel due to the panic buyers.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ambulance-crash-petrol-queues-police-b957334.html

If this continues for another day or two it wouldn't surprise me to see rationing being introduced, with only emergency vehicles being allowed to fill their tanks up, everyone else limited to £20 max. 

Of course you'll just get some people garage hopping filling up £20 at a time at different garages.

As posted before £20 or preferably £30 mininum is the answer to that. 

https://apple.news/AzPpK3tHbToCCTXNozH1PSQ

Handbrake turn over lorry drivers splits Brexit backers

A chronic HGV driver shortage has forced Boris Johnson to extend EU visas after months of claiming higher wages for Britons would fill the gap. Some Leavers insist it’s proof Brexit is working after all.

https://apple.news/ACAiQull5Q_WL2d_giRFuZQ

Brexit threats not helpful in solving N.Ireland problems, says EU.

https://apple.news/Ah_hFz-DST9SxZMZzpozXLA

Rejoining the EU should be a long-term goal for the UK, a Labour frontbencher has suggested.

Shadow Tourism Minister Alex Sobel was addressing an event on the fringe of the party’s conference in Brighton where several speakers called for closer ties with the EU.

Gne media and others begin to realise  Rex it is shit.