• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke

Some grim reading there...

I honestly think they’re using the big bad EU stories to their advantage too to turn heads away from the damage here. 
Salmon exports fell 98%...total collapse. 

CFC0AC71-3A82-40CF-90DF-474041AB0224.jpeg

Edited by jack D and coke

The Real Maroonblood
48 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I honestly think they’re using the big bad EU stories to their advantage too to turn heads away from the damage here. 

That’s horrendous.

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That’s horrendous.

You’d expect some problems to begin with so hopefully that sorts itself out over the next few months.
There’s no win to be had in stuff like that. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

And we're not even out of the transition period yet ffs.

This is going to be brutal when it all lands.

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

https://twitter.com/lochfynelangous/status/1374293578663530498?s=21

Fishermen have been well and truly mugged off. It’s almost hard to feel much sympathy for them though. They drove a lot of this. 

People are losing their livelihoods after being lied to by thise who are meant to be looking after their best interests.

I can't help feeling for them.

Feck 'em.

They voted for Brexit then they handed the Brexit maniacs an 80 seat majority.

I hope it hurts and I hope they learn something from it.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Feck 'em.

This.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Feck 'em.

I can't read the link in question but if it relates to Scottish shellfish , their spokesmen made it clear a few weeks ago that they did not vote for brexit because they knew it would be potentially catastrophic for their industry. 

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

And we're not even out of the transition period yet ffs.

This is going to be brutal when it all lands.

Need to be careful here : lots of companies were so pissed off with the govt they cut back on exports in January because they were expecting armageddon at Dover. The Road Haulage Assoc had savaged the govt to the point Gove refused to even meet them.  Things may still recover but there are going to be long term problems - a lack of 60,000 customs agents (not customs officers) to process the required paperwork for starters. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
27 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I can't read the link in question but if it relates to Scottish shellfish , their spokesmen made it clear a few weeks ago that they did not vote for brexit because they knew it would be potentially catastrophic for their industry. 

ExKBlhTXMAEV89H.jpg

41 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

ExKBlhTXMAEV89H.jpg

Cheers.

These are the trawlermen who didn't see any issue in leaving their single biggest market. 

Now trying to blame it all on Covid : not a mention of brexit impacts on their website. And to rub salt in, they want the SG to bail them out so they don't have to face the consequences of their actions. 

Oh, dear, what a shame. 

jack D and coke
46 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

ExKBlhTXMAEV89H.jpg

That’s the account that posts all the time about the extra paperwork and loss of earnings etc...

What a dingle. 

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

West Coast Shellfish producers were quietly for remaining in Europe but were (ironically) drowned out by those on the East coast of the country's fishing industry. 

1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

West Coast Shellfish producers were quietly for remaining in Europe but were (ironically) drowned out by those on the East coast of the country's fishing industry. 

Unfortunately I can't recall the details of the  spokesman or the trade body I saw. 

Clearly the sea fishermen were always waving the brexit flag. Take your medicine lads. 

The Mighty Thor

I see the papers are full of greeting British illegal immigrants being deported from the Costas after their residency applications were rejected by the Spanish Government. 

One particular gentleman who voted leave to keep them immigrants out from the comfort of his Hacienda has been deported and is 'not looking forward to returning to the UK'.

Shame. 

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I see the papers are full of greeting British illegal immigrants being deported from the Costas after their residency applications were rejected by the Spanish Government. 

One particular gentleman who voted leave to keep them immigrants out from the comfort of his Hacienda has been deported and is 'not looking forward to returning to the UK'.

Shame. 

A special kind of bellend. These idiots.

Roxy Hearts

Shame. 

🤣

scott herbertson

Shame. 

I wonder if anyone has done research on the impact on the NHS if a large proportion of the estimated 105,206 UK pensioners living over there return from Spain.?

Edited by scott herbertson

15 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I wonder if anyone has done research on the impact on the NHS if a large proportion of the estimated 105,206 UK pensioners living over there return from Spain.?

Very rough estimate - if say 20% return and each of those at some point in their remaining years require at least one major treatment such as a transplant, new knees, new hips, chemotherapy, dialysis etc, not forgetting costs for a reasonable amount of recuperation on a hospital ward & then adding in something to cover all the other age related issues they'll burden the tax payer with, I reckon it won't be far off £350 million per week. 

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Very rough estimate - if say 20% return and each of those at some point in their remaining years require at least one major treatment such as a transplant, new knees, new hips, chemotherapy, dialysis etc, not forgetting costs for a reasonable amount of recuperation on a hospital ward & then adding in something to cover all the other age related issues they'll burden the tax payer with, I reckon it won't be far off £350 million per week. 

Funnily enough I had a similar figure in mind...

Don't know where I got it from - tried to calculate it but my crude workings out looked like the back end of a bus...

On 23/03/2021 at 14:11, ri Alban said:

So whisky is the UK's biggest export. But I suppose it'll run oot, post independence. 

It will. rUK will switch the rain off!

WorldChampions1902
20 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Far too sensible, logical and factual a point for many Quitters to get their head around. So much easier to complain about immigrants being “a drain on our NHS”,  even though the government’s own statement was, “immigrants are nett contributors to our economy”. I.e. their tax, NIC and VAT contributions more than cover their costs to the state including health care.

So not only have we lost a significant nett injection of cash from immigrants legal economic activities, we face a major additional NHS bill from returning/Deported aged ex-pats.

But they knew what they voted for.

WorldChampions1902

Shellfish farmers now threatening legal action against the U.K. government for their Brexit lies. If they win any court case, U.K. taxpayers will be on the hook for a mega compensation claim. If they don’t go to court, it will be because the government have settled out of court.

Brexit - the gift that keeps on taking.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/31/uk-shellfish-farmers-threaten-legal-action-over-ban-on-exports-to-eu?fbclid=IwAR19jE-dwgz7nWbdbEEmzAL3VIsaJvicEkEQ54it14lXAf0FB3L0WdjAJdg

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Shellfish farmers now threatening legal action against the U.K. government for their Brexit lies. If they win any court case, U.K. taxpayers will be on the hook for a mega compensation claim. If they don’t go to court, it will be because the government have settled out of court.

Brexit - the gift that keeps on taking.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/31/uk-shellfish-farmers-threaten-legal-action-over-ban-on-exports-to-eu?fbclid=IwAR19jE-dwgz7nWbdbEEmzAL3VIsaJvicEkEQ54it14lXAf0FB3L0WdjAJdg

Does that affect the compensation they have been promised by the UK Government?

WorldChampions1902
19 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Does that affect the compensation they have been promised by the UK Government?

As far as the compensation scheme goes for the shellfish industry, it is described as a ‘sticking plaster’.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/politics/uk-politics/2887627/seafood-government-compensation/

Loyalist gangs in Northern Ireland throwing petrol bombs and setting cars on fire as they're unhappy about the Hard Brexit.

Edited by Cade

WorldChampions1902

This interview of an ‘ex-pat’ in Benidorm is a must watch. He flew back to the U.K. to vote Leave before returning to the Spanish Coast and now he’s bleating about Brexit. If he knew then what he knows now, he would have voted to Remain.

But.......but......they knew what they voted for.

https://newseu.cgtn.com/news/2021-04-05/How-Brexit-is-crushing-UK-pensioners-dreams-of-retiring-abroad-Zc0spBTQNq/index.html?fbclid=IwAR04EOixQsoEoQWE7QdTJWSz4BckmxSYknzgIIqhB4gyclfsQNZLM2kkHfs

jack D and coke
40 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

This interview of an ‘ex-pat’ in Benidorm is a must watch. He flew back to the U.K. to vote Leave before returning to the Spanish Coast and now he’s bleating about Brexit. If he knew then what he knows now, he would have voted to Remain.

But.......but......they knew what they voted for.

https://newseu.cgtn.com/news/2021-04-05/How-Brexit-is-crushing-UK-pensioners-dreams-of-retiring-abroad-Zc0spBTQNq/index.html?fbclid=IwAR04EOixQsoEoQWE7QdTJWSz4BckmxSYknzgIIqhB4gyclfsQNZLM2kkHfs

I have a place in spain and some of the old duffers that live there also voted Brexit. 
I was pro brexit myself in the beginning but ended up doing a complete 180 on it the more I found out. Sadly some of these people only saw newspaper headlines in our deranged media not really knowing what they were doing. 
Mugged off. 

doctor jambo
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I have a place in spain and some of the old duffers that live there also voted Brexit. 
I was pro brexit myself in the beginning but ended up doing a complete 180 on it the more I found out. Sadly some of these people only saw newspaper headlines in our deranged media not really knowing what they were doing. 
Mugged off. 

I thought independence was the panacea for all ills?

SectionDJambo

I thought that the EU and the UK had a reciprocal agreement that any people already resident within their countries before Brexit could stay. Only new applications would be subject to new immigration rules.

It was certainly a touchy subject, and both sides were seemingly keen to ease concerns of those who may be affected.

So why are we hearing stories of British people in Spain having to come back to the UK?

Adam Murray
13 hours ago, Cade said:

Loyalist gangs in Northern Ireland throwing petrol bombs and setting cars on fire as they're unhappy about the Hard Brexit.

I think it was more to do with the lack of prosecutions after the police concluded their investigations into a breach of covid rules when hundreds of mourners, including deputy First minister Michelle O'Neil and many other leading Sinn Feinn members attended an ira funeral at the height of lockdown last June 

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

I thought that the EU and the UK had a reciprocal agreement that any people already resident within their countries before Brexit could stay. Only new applications would be subject to new immigration rules.

It was certainly a touchy subject, and both sides were seemingly keen to ease concerns of those who may be affected.

So why are we hearing stories of British people in Spain having to come back to the UK?

In the case of Spain, UK citizens were regarded as tourists unless they took up residency.  Until the UK left, UK citizens could be tourists for as long and as often as they liked.  Once the UK left, time limits for tourist stays came into effect.  However, most UK citizens who wished to stay in Spain took up residency before the UK left.  Apparently the process wasn't exactly arduous - and according to one source I read a UK citizen can still sign up for residency now, as long as they can show evidence they were living in Spain before 1 January 2021.  It seems that some people either didn't or couldn't meet those criteria for some reason.

1 hour ago, Adam Murray said:

I think it was more to do with the lack of prosecutions after the police concluded their investigations into a breach of covid rules when hundreds of mourners, including deputy First minister Michelle O'Neil and many other leading Sinn Feinn members attended an ira funeral at the height of lockdown last June 

I thought the PSNI might have taken some action against somebody in relation to the Bobby Storey funeral, but I wasn't the one reviewing the evidence.

The Belfast Telegraph has its own take on the situation.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/northern-ireland-riots-gangs-condemned-after-fourth-night-of-violence-in-carrickfergus-40279752.html

J.T.F.Robertson

Was watching Sky or the BBC news regarding this and the correspondent was wittering away in front of a row of billboards with the Rangers' badge and "55" emblazoned on them as far up the street as you could see.

I shouldn't have been "shocked", but really, what chance is there. (rhetorical)

HartleyLegend3
6 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Was watching Sky or the BBC news regarding this and the correspondent was wittering away in front of a row of billboards with the Rangers' badge and "55" emblazoned on them as far up the street as you could see.

I shouldn't have been "shocked", but really, what chance is there. (rhetorical)

It was work mates from N Ireland that shared this with me.. Thought it was pretty funny.. 

9 hours ago, Adam Murray said:

It's actually more to do with Police seizing a shiteload of drugs from a major gang in the area.

SectionDJambo
9 hours ago, Ulysses said:

In the case of Spain, UK citizens were regarded as tourists unless they took up residency.  Until the UK left, UK citizens could be tourists for as long and as often as they liked.  Once the UK left, time limits for tourist stays came into effect.  However, most UK citizens who wished to stay in Spain took up residency before the UK left.  Apparently the process wasn't exactly arduous - and according to one source I read a UK citizen can still sign up for residency now, as long as they can show evidence they were living in Spain before 1 January 2021.  It seems that some people either didn't or couldn't meet those criteria for some reason.

Thanks for the information.

jack D and coke

As usual with NI it’s both sides blaming each other and almost impossible to work out who is telling the truth and what the real problem is. 
What a place. If the earth is still habitable they’ll still be blaming and throwing shit at each other a thousand years from now. 

NI is a total shambles.

More "peace walls" have been built since the GFA went into force than had been built before it.

All these communities of dafties physically walling themselves off from each other because they can't stop killing each other over religion.

It is a silly place.