Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

31 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I am not attempting to waste your time, I am arguing my point. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean I am wrong or you can dismiss me out of hand. I have a Masters Degree in politics and have studied the EU and its mechanics at length. I think you need to have a good look at the EU and what it wants to achieve before accusing me of wasting your time. If you don't like answers don't ask the question. 

image.png.c5c174308a302b40c8c9a1490e23a2d0.png

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unknown user

Thank God I'm no in London tonight!

gammon-gammon-everywhere.jpg

I'm starting to think there won't be a Brexit in the near future.

Ages ago I opined that a long extension was most likely but recently everything's been so much more frantic and that possibility has seemed remote.

But now, I realise that the DUP won't have May's deal and they won't have no deal. They won't accept anything other than a frictionless border with the republic which can't happen as things stand with no deal, and any alternative would mean an open border there and some sort of border in the Irish sea between them and the rest of the UK. And anything that they see as putting a wedge between them and the UK is basically satan.

They won't allow either of these outcomes as long as it's in their power, and if there's an election where they lose that power and one of those things happens, they'll go ****ing postal.

Say what you like about Ulster unionists, but they're not the type to compromise on their beliefs.

This is going to get messier. 

Edited by Smithee

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

I know. Picked up on that. Father in law just asked ‘what if he’d said that about another race? He’d be sacked already.’

What an arsehole. I’m no leave supporter, but that comment was clearly aimed at leave voters all being white, with the implication they’re all EDL racists. 

You forgot little englanders too. 

Happy to help ?

45 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I wouldn't believe anything written in the guardian. Anyway as stated before surely as an American you would be all for the UK declaring it's own independence? 

The UK is independent.

I used to think a change of course could be carefully and respectfully explained to the masses.    I now know I was wrong.   Not a chance.    Some of these people are crazy.    Lots of them.

I used to pretty much dismiss the notions of unrest and violence in the event of something manifestly different to their idea of a pure Brexit.    Again,   probably wrong.    There could be mayhem.    

Cruyff Turn

Had difficulty understanding the additional members system at Holyrood but has a masters in politics.... ? 

:Aye:

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I used to think a change of course could be carefully and respectfully explained to the masses.    I now know I was wrong.   Not a chance.    Some of these people are crazy.    Lots of them.

I used to pretty much dismiss the notions of unrest and violence in the event of something manifestly different to their idea of a pure Brexit.    Again,   probably wrong.    There could be mayhem.    

No chance. 

When you scratch the surface and get away from the vox pop gammon types that appear on QT etc. the 'rank and file' Brexit means Brexit types are on a different ****ing planet to the rest of us. 

These bangers howling at the moon in London are not the lunatic fringe, they're the heart and soul of that movement. 

I'd love to see the pound shop iron lady have to deploy the troops to crack a few heads. Orgasmic irony overload. 

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

No chance. 

When you scratch the surface and get away from the vox pop gammon types that appear on QT etc. the 'rank and file' Brexit means Brexit types are on a different ****ing planet to the rest of us. 

These bangers howling at the moon in London are not the lunatic fringe, they're the heart and soul of that movement. 

I'd love to see the pound shop iron lady have to deploy the troops to crack a few heads. Orgasmic irony overload. 

Nothing has changed yet though.    Nobody has had their Brexit pinched.   I just want to witness the meltdown if it was revoked or delayed a year.     Popcorn oot.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Nothing has changed yet though.    Nobody has had their Brexit pinched.   I just want to witness the meltdown if it was revoked or delayed a year.     Popcorn oot.

Today marks the start of the real gammon seethe season as the sunlit uplands remain out of reach and the likelihood of years of continued EU membership slides into view. 

Their pain is tangible and sustaining. 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Today marks the start of the real gammon seethe season as the sunlit uplands remain out of reach and the likelihood of years of continued EU membership slides into view. 

Their pain is tangible and sustaining. 

And if they don't want to vote ever again in our broken democracy then they have my profound blessing to stick the wee polling booth pencil sideways up their hole.      Twats.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

And if they don't want to vote ever again in our broken democracy then they have my profound blessing to stick the wee polling booth pencil sideways up their hole.      Twats.

?? Poetic.

Class of 75
31 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Had difficulty understanding the additional members system at Holyrood but has a masters in politics.... ? 

:Aye:

It wasn't me who had the problem. The poster I was replying to didn't read my one properly and thought I was talking about Scottish elections hence the ATV when in fact I was discussing the General Election and FPTP. With regards to my degree I do have one in Politics and Modern History and was awarded it in 1997 from Edinburgh. I was in same class as a former Hearts board member and now Labour politician. 

Edited by Class of 75

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Not getting this Gammon chat. 

Me neither. It's obviously derogatory :sweeet:

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

It wasn't me who had the problem. The poster I was replying to didn't read mine properly and thought I was talking about Scottish elections hence the ATV when in fact I was discussing the General Election and FPTP. With regards to my degree I do have one in Politics and Modern History and was awarded it in 1997 from Edinburgh. I was in same class as a former Hearts board member and now Labour politician. 

Ian Murray’s degree is a BA in Law......... 

The mystery deepens. 

11 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The mystery deepens. 

Politics might have been one of the 'outside' courses?

Edinburgh also don't do a BA in Law I don't think. So it's not him.

Edited by Taffin

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Politics might have been one of the 'outside' courses?

I suppose a BA in Law and a masters in Politics may share some units, or perhaps  he used to get pissed in the same pub as George Foulkes in 97? ?‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The mystery deepens. 

Law and social policy.

I would be gobsmacked if a politics degree didn’t share some modules, particularly with the social policy part.

whats your point? 

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

I suppose a BA in Law and a masters in Politics may share some units, or perhaps  he used to get pissed in the same pub as George Foulkes in 97? ?‍♂️

Are you sure it is a BA Ian Murray has? Memory tells me Law at Edinburgh is awarded an LLB. Though I was broadly 15 years after so it may well have changed in the interim...or equally I'm recalling wrong which is probably more likely.

I'm also unsure if Class of 75 means he has an actual Masters or a Scottish Masters. 

I don't think he's at it...though having a degree in it doesn't make him right as he appears to be portraying at times. 

Class of 75
22 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The mystery deepens. 

He did politics as part of that degree

Class of 75
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Are you sure it is a BA Ian Murray has? Memory tells me Law at Edinburgh is awarded an LLB. Though I was broadly 15 years after so it may well have changed in the interim...or equally I'm recalling wrong which is probably more likely.

I'm also unsure if Class of 75 means he has an actual Masters or a Scottish Masters. 

I don't think he's at it...though having a degree in it doesn't make him right as he appears to be portraying at times. 

I have a Scottish Masters and apologies if I come across as thinking I am right. That was not my intention just giving my opinion. 

Just now, Class of 75 said:

I have a Scottish Masters and apologies if I come across as thinking I am right. That was not my intention just giving my opinion. 

You're not coming over badly, I just think your posts demonstrate your knowledge and interest enough as it is so you don't really need to use your degree to add value to your opinion ??

I've got a Scottish Masters in Politics and Social Policy from Edinburgh so we'll have covered many of the same topics and sat in the same lecture theatres...seems a lifetime ago, I've quite enjoyed the nostalgia that thinking back to it has provided; so in that regard thanks for having brought it up.

All the best too and please don't stop sharing your opinion. We may not agree but you've been polite and informed in your debate and as you say, roll on 3 points tomorrow!

Cruyff Turn
39 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Law and social policy.

I would be gobsmacked if a politics degree didn’t share some modules, particularly with the social policy part.

whats your point? 

Would you be gobsmacked... really? ?

I’m just winding him up. I believe him. I did Scots Law, Quantity Surveying and Structural Engineering when I did Building Surveying, So, makes sense.

Francis Albert

Donald Tusk says that that another vote is justified by the fact that the 2016 vote is just the second vote since the first vote 1975. So a third vote is reasonable. Fair enough I suppose. If the next vote was in about four decades time.

4 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

I am not attempting to waste your time, I am arguing my point. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean I am wrong or you can dismiss me out of hand. I have a Masters Degree in politics and have studied the EU and its mechanics at length. I think you need to have a good look at the EU and what it wants to achieve before accusing me of wasting your time. If you don't like answers don't ask the question. 

I don't care what your educational qualifications are. I have lived through more than 40 years of the Tory party hating the idea of being "ruled by Brussels". You are driven by idealogy and not reality. I asked you about the Lisbon treaty and your allusion to upcoming threats from that treaty - you have failed to reply to or acknowledge my questions.  So , as far as your Masters/whatever are concerned ; I have lived & worked in both NL & Germany for US multinationals . I know how the EU works, I've been there  & I've done it. It's amazing,  but we're gonna turn our backs on it to "take back control", stop Europeans draining the NHS , etc, etc, <insert trope of choice>.  

I cannot believe that you proclaim your academic achievements and in the same breath show such utter ignorance of how the EU works, how the UK works within the EU and , frankly, the utter bullshit you spout ie Turkey - you are aware the UK has a veto on this ?  If not you should be and if you are not you should know better. 

I work within the reality of what I have seen & experienced - you work within  your reality of what you don't like - you don't like it from an idealogical perspective. 

Your last sentence - well, where to begin. Your opinion is your opinion but don't insult me by suggesting I asked questions of you because I didn't. Your opinion carries no weight  because of your "Masters" .  

Brexit hasn't failed , it will happen, but idealogues like you don't care - it must happen in any form. That's what Brexit has become - Brexit in any form, at any cost. And there will be a cost.  But better that the UK screws it up than Brussels, eh ? 

Yesterday at Wm. Nigel and  Tam's wee party of right wingers were, The EDL, Ukip, The BNP,  The SDL, the Orange Order and bus loads of the KKKUK .  :rofl:

Vote Leave!!! ??

More air time please , BBC, If you don't mind.

7 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

A Scottish Masters?! That will be as much use as a Clydesdale bank £50 note when you move south. You'd be aswell handing your future boss a sheet of used bog roll.  ?  Just going by how shite Scotland is, and that.?

She's coming back for MV4 :facepalm:

15 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

But Scotland voted as part of the UK having voted to remain in the Union. The SNP can't have it both ways. The SNP are only trying to frustrate Brexit and upset those 17.5 million of the UK electorate who voted for it including 38% of Scots. 

During the Indy ref Scotland was told we (The UK) are a family of Nations. 

Nations!

“A community of people inhabiting a defined territory and organized under an independent government; a sovereign political state....”

The second largest NATION in the UK family of nations rejected leaving the EU. 

Should the SNP just forget about that & just coalesce around England & Wales vote to leave then?

Pish!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Class of 75
9 hours ago, Taffin said:

You're not coming over badly, I just think your posts demonstrate your knowledge and interest enough as it is so you don't really need to use your degree to add value to your opinion ??

I've got a Scottish Masters in Politics and Social Policy from Edinburgh so we'll have covered many of the same topics and sat in the same lecture theatres...seems a lifetime ago, I've quite enjoyed the nostalgia that thinking back to it has provided; so in that regard thanks for having brought it up.

All the best too and please don't stop sharing your opinion. We may not agree but you've been polite and informed in your debate and as you say, roll on 3 points tomorrow!

Hi mate, was a great place to study and does seem like a lifetime ago. Thanks again and all the best. 

14 hours ago, Victorian said:

The people on that Brexit march.    **** me.      I need to be independent from those cretins.     

My mate's missus is your typical remoaner (I consider myself a remainer). She is adamant that Brexit can be reversed :cornette:. I just wish we'd fecking get on with it.Whenever it comes on the news I switch it off. Just cannot be bothered with the whole thing anymore. :yawn:

The Mighty Thor

I read this morning that Dominic Grieve's constituency party have voted no confidence in him as their MP. 

He now faces a deselection process and looks likely to be replaced by a former senior UKIPer.

Fair play to Grieve he has been consistent in his stance on Brexit. 

I reckon we'll see more of this as the foaming blue rinsers get more and more angry that Empire 2.0 hasn't materialised. 

11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I read this morning that Dominic Grieve's constituency party have voted no confidence in him as their MP. 

He now faces a deselection process and looks likely to be replaced by a former senior UKIPer.

Fair play to Grieve he has been consistent in his stance on Brexit. 

I reckon we'll see more of this as the foaming blue rinsers get more and more angry that Empire 2.0 hasn't materialised. 

But if he gets a plan agreed next week that delivers Brexit then he is surely the hero. 

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

But if he gets a plan agreed next week that delivers Brexit then he is surely the hero. 

Doubtful on a number of levels.

I think the Brexit that's likely is a million miles away from the two world wars, one world cup re-glorification of England that Tory party members expect. 

Hence the parachuting in of the former UKIP candidate. 

The strong and stable party will lurch further right after all this nonsense is done. 

ToadKiller Dog

The livingston true blue defenders were at the make brexit happen rally dressed in quasi military uniform, what the feck are they? Rangers tubes. 

Stephen Lennon having a go at his pal Farage as being a fake also, jolly old man Farage being swept aside my Stephen Lennon and the far right UKippers. 

Mental times. And not a real politician at Westminster at the moment with the skills to stand up to this shit.

19 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Doubtful on a number of levels.

I think the Brexit that's likely is a million miles away from the two world wars, one world cup re-glorification of England that Tory party members expect. 

Hence the parachuting in of the former UKIP candidate. 

The strong and stable party will lurch further right after all this nonsense is done. 

I see that as exactly how the Tory part will manifest itself as it pushes from any previous perceived leftover central leanings to a far harder right wing view.

Some of the people on the march last night being interviewed.

“in my mind we have officially left today and we are free”

”But we havent though”

Screaming “ WE HAVE IN MY EYES AND THATS WHAT MATTERS”

interviewer then asks what next

again screaming “We now celebrate this every year as we’re out”

? just batshit crazy.

Grieve is not going to be de-selected.

The confidence vote of his local party has no effect other than a protest.

There is no mechanism either within Parliament or the Tory party to remove or deselect an MP.

The 182 angry gammons who voted against him are not going to be able to remove him.

Edited by Cade

The Mighty Thor
33 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I see that as exactly how the Tory part will manifest itself as it pushes from any previous perceived leftover central leanings to a far harder right wing view.

Some of the people on the march last night being interviewed.

“in my mind we have officially left today and we are free”

”But we havent though”

Screaming “ WE HAVE IN MY EYES AND THATS WHAT MATTERS”

interviewer then asks what next

again screaming “We now celebrate this every year as we’re out”

? just batshit crazy.

Some of the individuals I saw on Twitter were hilarious. The type of arsehole that would write into points of view.

Their generation is detached from a world that is too complex and fast moving for them to grasp, hence they hark after warm bitter and the famous five. 

I feel sorry for them and how easily they are manipulated by shitehawks like Johnson & Farage. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )