Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

WorldChampions1902
22 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Another outstanding rant from JOB, absolutely eviscerating the Brexit snake oil salesmen with unequivocal facts.

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Scotland will be back by it's European Families side, soon enough. Hopefully rUk burns.

I do hope so

EU announces a package of measures in response to the Eton Mess's disregarding of the Brexit agreement he signed with them including launching a number of legal cases against the government.

What are the chances that the Tories are going to be turning to some lefty lawyers to help them out? 😂

3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Struggling here 

E27F3D24-3F19-4E7C-A699-0FE93C227786.jpeg

Blue passport ? 😀

Seriously thought I’m not sure which EU joining benefit I’d rejoice at either. Can’t think of a single difference either way it’s made to my life. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Blue passport ? 😀

Seriously thought I’m not sure which EU joining benefit I’d rejoice at either. Can’t think of a single difference either way it’s made to my life. 

People keep saying blue passport but I renewed mine in late 2020 and it’s black 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

People keep saying blue passport but I renewed mine in late 2020 and it’s black 

It's a very dark navy blue. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It's a very dark navy blue. 

Well mine is def black , just looked at it again .

36 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well mine is def black , just looked at it again .

This reminds me of a scene from Father Ted.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

This reminds me of a scene from Father Ted.

😂😂😂

329B2473-5577-4C66-A7C7-ECEE9DD9FC11.jpeg

Dennis Reynolds

Was meant to be getting my blue/black brexit passport today but TNT decided to not bother coming to where I live before deciding they couldn't deliver it so I'm still waiting on my brexit benefits ☹️

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

"Lord" Frost:

The UK “was not a fully sovereign power when we negotiated” the protocol. The protocol was thus “essentially imposed under duress” – which makes it neither legally nor morally binding.

What an utter chancer!

I was slightly tired and hungover when I signed that 25 year mortgage and as such, was not fully aware of what I was actually signing. Therefore, it is completely null and void!

tories what a bunch of utter winkers!

Edited by Pans Jambo

11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

"Lord" Frost:

The UK “was not a fully sovereign power when we negotiated” the protocol. The protocol was thus “essentially imposed under duress” – which makes it neither legally nor morally binding.

What an utter chancer!

I was slightly tired and hungover when I signed that 25 year mortgage and as such, was not fully aware of what I was actually signing. Therefore, it is completely null and void!

tories what a bunch of utter winkers!

Not fully sovereign? Does fully sovereign mean having no obligations under any international law so withdraw from UN, NATO even ****ing Eurovision 🙂
Or does he mean that the Government did not have the powers or the right to negotiate?
Either way it's a piss poor argument from a Government which "held all the cards"

The gammon herd and the gullible lap it up though.  There's nobody else to govern in a different way and to conduct mutually respectful relationships.  The only way is for the UK to be the anti-social pain in the arse to all and sundry.

https://apple.news/A4YZabqyjQh-58APKZr9M7A

BRUSSELS (Reuters) -The European Commission launched two new legal proceedings against Britain on Wednesday after London published plans to override some post-Brexit rules governing Northern Irish trade, and resumed another challenge it had previously paused.

The proceedings could result in the European Court of Justice (ECJ) imposing fines, although these would likely be more than a year away.

London has proposed scrapping some checks on goods from the rest of the United Kingdom arriving in the British province and challenged the role of the ECJ to decide on parts of the post-Brexit arrangement agreed by the EU and Britain.

European Commission Vice President Maros Sefcovic, who oversees EU relations with former EU member Britain, said there was no justification for unilaterally changing an international agreement

“Let’s call a spade a spade. This is illegal,” he told a news conference, adding it cast a shadow on relations at a time when international cooperation was even more important, a reference to the alliance against Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

The three legal proceedings do not relate to Britain’s new plans, but to the EU belief that Britain has failed to implement the protocol that governs Northern Irish trading.

The two new suits charge Britain with failing to ensure adequate staff and infrastructure to carry out checks in Northern Ireland and not providing the EU with sufficient trade data.

The other, paused a year ago to improve the atmosphere around talks, relates to the movement of agri-food products. Sefcovic said that the EU might take the case to the ECJ if Britain failed to address the EU’s charges within two months.

Sefcovic said Brussels still wanted to resume talks with Britain to resolve difficulties in shipping British products to Northern Ireland.

“We decided that our response should be measured, should be proportionate. And we are offering not only legal action here today but we’ve been fleshing out what concretely we could do,” he said.

The British province is in the EU single market for goods, meaning imports from the rest of the United Kingdom are subject to customs declarations and sometimes require checks on their arrival. The arrangement was set to avoid reinstating border controls between Northern Ireland and EU member Ireland, which were dropped after the 1998 Good Friday peace agreement.

The arrangement has inflamed pro-British unionist parties by effectively creating a border in the Irish Sea.

The Commission made a series of proposals last October to ease customs formalities and cut checks and on Wednesday published a sample three-page certificate that would accompany a truck carrying multiple goods on Wednesday.

“Not 300, not 30, three. This is how simple it is and what we can do if we work well together,” Sefcovic said, holding up the certificate.

“What we are putting on the table is oven-ready,” he said, in reference to British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s 2019 pre-election promise about passing the Brexit divorce deal, while adding this was not a ‘take-it-or-leave-it’ offer.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

The gammon herd and the gullible lap it up though.  There's nobody else to govern in a different way and to conduct mutually respectful relationships.  The only way is for the UK to be the anti-social pain in the arse to all and sundry.

Keep the culture wars stuff going. Keep the Nazi front pages loaded with fodder for the brain dead and et voila another 5 years of bunter👍

30 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Keep the culture wars stuff going. Keep the Nazi front pages loaded with fodder for the brain dead and et voila another 5 years of bunter👍

Hunter has played a few cards this week all jokers as well. Rawanda flight and now the EU taken us to court all Aces played against him. 

2 hours ago, RobboM said:

Not fully sovereign? Does fully sovereign mean having no obligations under any international law so withdraw from UN, NATO even ****ing Eurovision 🙂
Or does he mean that the Government did not have the powers or the right to negotiate?
Either way it's a piss poor argument from a Government which "held all the cards"

It's embarrassing. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

BRITS LIVING IN SPAIN ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED TO VOTE IN LOCAL ELECTIONS FOLLOWING BREXIT

6/16/22, 2:35 PM   By Canarian Weekly   National

The EU Court of Justice has listed the inability of British nationals to vote or stand as a candidate in municipal elections in the EU state they are residing, as one of the many consequences of Brexit. They explained in a press release, that after the withdrawal of the UK from the EU, British nationals who used to enjoy the rights attached to EU citizenship no longer benefit from the right to vote.

This was explained after evaluating the particular case of a person, EP, residing in France. EP is a British national who has resided in France since 1984 and is married to a French citizen, but is now deprived of the right to vote or to stand as a candidate in France.

EP has not applied for French nationality, therefore as soon as the Withdrawal Agreement linked to Brexit came into force, she was removed from the electoral roll of the Commune of Thoux in France, and was unable to take part in the municipal elections held on the 15th March 2020.

According to the Court of Justice, in October, EP applied to be re-registered on the electoral roll for non-French citizens. Her application was rejected, and in November, she brought an action before the tribunal judiciary d’Auch to contest the decision.

The referring court asked the Court of Justice to make an assessment, and tell them whether British nationals, who similarly like EP transferred their residence to an EU Member State before the end of the transition period laid down in the Withdrawal Agreement, continue to benefit from the EU citizen status, more specifically the right to vote or stand as a candidate in municipal elections.

The Court of Justice replied to the request and said that as of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU, nationals of a state that have transferred their residence to a Member State before the end of the transition period no longer enjoy the status of an EU citizen, emphasising that they do not enjoy the right to vote or stand as a candidate.

The Court of Justice pointed out that citizenship of the Union requires the possession of the nationality of a Member State not just residency. Thus, the Court concluded that since UK nationals have been considered third-country nationals since February 2020, they no longer enjoy the right to vote or stand as a candidate in municipal elections in their Member State of residence.

The Court emphasised that this is an automatic consequence of the decision take

The Mighty Thor

Arch Tory and Brexit supporter Martin Sorrell who claimed Britain would be 'Singapore on steroids' now greeting his eyes out about how shit it all is. 

Aye mate covid papered over the cracks alright!

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

It will force us to get our shit together.

Our shit was fine before they turned the fan on.

ArcticJambo
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Our shit was fine before they turned the fan on.

It really wasn't tbqh, we were relying on everybody else but ourselves to do a job.  It's just blatantly obvious when you see it now. I'm hopeful in time, with a different state of governance ( a different government), we'll slim down, concentrate our efforts and become more efficient.  You could almost say that was independence. :lol:

Edited by ArcticJambo

Unknown user
Just now, ArcticJambo said:

It really wasn't tbqh, we were relying on everybody else but ourselves to do a job.  It's just blatantly obvious when you see it now. I'm hopeful in time, with a different set of governance, we'll slim down, concentrate our efforts and become more efficient.  You could almost say that was independence. :lol:

I'm saying we'd be better off if brexit had never happened. The UK was already independent, now we're independent and isolated!

ArcticJambo
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I'm saying we'd be better off if brexit had never happened. The UK was already independent, now we're independent and isolated!

Aye, I get what you're saying but I'd rather phrase it as We'd still have had the pre-brexit status quo, which tbf would probably be better than it currently is, most likely actually. The underlying issues however were still present, and without the misery laid bare (Brexit) it's also most unlikely that they would have been addressed as there was always a go to ready made supply of resources to tap into from elsewhere.  Of course there will probably never be a ready-made solution to all our woes from within but hopefully those in power currently (lol) and future will address the inequalities further developing.  Take two of the most basic but arguably most important, education and health ... nobody is interested these days - this needs turned around. How? Not in my pay grade!

Anyway, No pain no Gain! :greggy:

WorldChampions1902
3 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Aye, I get what you're saying but I'd rather phrase it as We'd still have had the pre-brexit status quo, which tbf would probably be better than it currently is, most likely actually. The underlying issues however were still present, and without the misery laid bare (Brexit) it's also most unlikely that they would have been addressed as there was always a go to ready made supply of resources to tap into from elsewhere.  Of course there will probably never be a ready-made solution to all our woes from within but hopefully those in power currently (lol) and future will address the inequalities further developing.  Take two of the most basic but arguably most important, education and health ... nobody is interested these days - this needs turned around. How? Not in my pay grade!

Anyway, No pain no Gain! :greggy:

Lots of words to express a simple fact.

Brexit is bollocks.

The Brexit shitshow will continue no matter how long this Junta attempts to polish the Brexit turd.

We will eventually right this colossal act of self-harm.

ArcticJambo
Just now, WorldChampions1902 said:

Lots of words to express a simple fact.

Brexit is bollocks.

The Brexit shitshow will continue no matter how long this Junta attempts to polish the Brexit turd.

We will eventually right this colossal act of self-harm.

It was bollocks. You're right, we will prevail, we have to. 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/brexit-the-uk-area-that-will-see-the-biggest-drop-in-wages-151346295.html

Brexit will reduce the future wages of workers across Britain, a think tank has said, as experts revealed which areas will be worst hit.

According to a report by the Resolution Foundation, in partnership with LSE, pay packets will be £470 lower per worker every year by 2030 compared to if the UK had remained in the EU.

The authors warned that the impacts of Brexit "will not be evenly spread across regions", with the North East expected to be worst affected.

The report, which looked into the immediate and future impacts of Brexit, found that households have seen an £870 increase to their cost of living as a result of leaving.

This is due to the depreciation of the pound in the immediate aftermath of the referendum, with sterling settling at more than 12% below its previous level a year after.

This has pushed up the price of imports, deepening inflation in the UK.

The Mighty Thor

Happy Anniversary!

6 years ago today the xenophobes, racists and idiots swallowed the nonsense of Farage, Johnson and Gove and voted to impose economic sanctions on the UK. 

It turns out the uplands aren't sunlit, we hold no cards and control hasn't been taken back.

We are all measurably poorer though, our economy is the worst in the developed world (apart from Russia who are under sanctions), our inflation is higher and the forecast is for a longer deeper recession. 

Good job👍

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Happy Anniversary!

6 years ago today the xenophobes, racists and idiots swallowed the nonsense of Farage, Johnson and Gove and voted to impose economic sanctions on the UK. 

It turns out the uplands aren't sunlit, we hold no cards and control hasn't been taken back.

We are all measurably poorer though, our economy is the worst in the developed world (apart from Russia who are under sanctions), our inflation is higher and the forecast is for a longer deeper recession. 

Good job👍

The U.K. economy is rapidly regressing to “The Sick Man of Europe” mantle it held in the 1970’s. Joining the EU stopped the rot as our EU membership delivered so many advantages, we ended up being one of the big winners.

“Global Britain” now though.:phface:

7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Turkey still not in the EU 

20220623_203607.jpg

Turkey haven't met the terms of membership. If they did, they would be members.

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Turkey haven't met the terms of membership. If they did, they would be members.

Moldova and Ukraine getting recommended.
Scotland wouldn’t tho. Even though weve been in it for about 40 years. 
You gotta laugh. 

Edited by jack D and coke

20 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You gotta laugh. 

:rofl:It pits that myth to bed.

Turkey applied to join in 1987.

Since then, they've met 1 of the 33 criteria for joining, and this is their Science & Research infrastruture.

In 2006, due to the Turkish stance on Cyprus, they became ineligible for 8 of the criteria.

And in 2016, due to their faked coup, all criteria were suspended.

Turkey aint joining the EU any time in the foreseeable future. And probably never will.

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

You gotta laugh. 

Good point there. 

Why was/is there no big celebration for Brexit on its anniversary? You'd think they would like to celebrate their great victory. 

Be under no illusion, when Scotland becomes independent, it'll be party time and every year there'll be a celebration.

i wish jj was my dad

Forage admitted on Newscast on Thursday that it wasn't what he expected and not that long ago Rees Muppet said it would take 50 years to reap the benefits. 

I'd like to see Starmer pledge to apply to rejoin. That could be a game changer

A Boy Named Crow
3 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Forage admitted on Newscast on Thursday that it wasn't what he expected and not that long ago Rees Muppet said it would take 50 years to reap the benefits. 

I'd like to see Starmer pledge to apply to rejoin. That could be a game changer

That would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons! Has there been any polling on what people actually think about this though? I wouldn't put it past the brain-dead masses to vote to stay out!

On 24/06/2022 at 07:35, jack D and coke said:

You gotta laugh. 

What do you mean?