Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

The oven ready deal still going well I see.

There's a new gobshite in town - GBNews!

She's said nothing of the sort.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting tweet here on the impact of the NI protocol. When they say "we knew what we were voting for", they certainly knew what the NI Protocol would mean

The Mighty Thor

The absolute state of this. 

Despite being shown what Spaffer actually said he still tries to tunnel out of it. 

Imagine willingly putting a cross in the box for these charlatans 😂

6 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The absolute state of this. 

Despite being shown what Spaffer actually said he still tries to tunnel out of it. 

Imagine willingly putting a cross in the box for these charlatans 😂

The current line of bullshit being served up by the lying pieces of excrement in the British Tory Cabinet is that there are checks because the EU "snuck them in".  They're in the ****ing agreement.  They've been there since day one.  Your reporters saw they were there, and asked your lying pieces of excrement why they were there, but the lying pieces of excrement, er, lied.  :rofl:

Edited by Ulysses

A Boy Named Crow
3 hours ago, Ulysses said:

The current line of bullshit being served up by the lying pieces of excrement in the British Tory Cabinet is that there are checks because the EU "snuck them in".  They're in the ****ing agreement.  They've been there since day one.  Your reporters saw they were there, and asked your lying pieces of excrement why they were there, but the lying pieces of excrement, er, lied.  :rofl:

Back when I lived in the UK, I used to jokingly refer to Broken Britain whenever anything went wrong.  I've been away for years now,  and watch clips like the one above from between my fingers, it's just car crash stuff. There really is no better way to describe the UK than a broken little country. 

Imagine those interviews were of Russian or Iranian officials... that's how the rest of the world sees the UK now! A weakened country, with a corrupt government that is happy to lie to the people while forcing many of them into grim poverty.

****ing shambles!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

Weakened Offender
13 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Back when I lived in the UK, I used to jokingly refer to Broken Britain whenever anything went wrong.  I've been away for years now,  and watch clips like the one above from between my fingers, it's just car crash stuff. There really is no better way to describe the UK than a broken little country. 

Imagine those interviews were of Russian or Iranian officials... that's how the rest of the world sees the UK now! A weakened country, with a corrupt government that is happy to lie to the people while forcing many of them into grim poverty.

****ing shambles!

That's how many people in Scotland see it too. The problem is, the plebs. They're all over the shop 🙁

2 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Back when I lived in the UK, I used to refer to Broken Britain whenever anything went wrong.  I've been away for years now,  and watch clips like the one above between my fingers, it's just car crash stuff. There really is no better way to describe the UK than a broken little country. 

Imagine those interviews were of Russian or Iranian officials... that's how the rest of the world sees the UK now!

The thing is, it's not the UK, it's the Conservatives.  From any rational viewpoint the Protocol is somewhere between a good thing and a very good thing for the North.  It's now the last place left in Europe with unfettered access to both the EU Single Market and the British market.  Every rational person knows this, and knows that the DUP knows it, but also knows that the DUP just hate "themmuns" and will say no to everything as they have always done.  Meanwhile Brexit is done, the UK has left, and won the "war with Europe".

So who does the British government plan to rip off now?  The EU?  The Irish government?  The business community in NI?  The DUP?

The answer is all of them, none of them, and in the end mostly the DUP.  None of this stuff matters to the Tories.  The whole purpose of this game is to get Europe into the headlines so that people stop talking about Russian oligarchs, Partygate, Covid corruption, or the cost of living - and above all the utter inability of Boris Johnson to carry out the role of Prime Minister.  But forcing the issue of the Protocol carries huge risks for the British economy - while reaching agreement with Brussels and Dublin only brings the issue to a close and puts the other stuff back on the political agenda.

Therefore the whole strategy will be to annoy everybody and keep the pot boiling.  Nobody in England will care about some oul' shite in the dreary steeples of Backstop Land.  But the Conservatives' hope with that they will care about plucky Britain being bullied by "them over there in Brussels".  If there's nothing to fight about with Europe any more, what is the point of Boris Johnson?  So a fight has to be invented.  But it can't be either won or lost, it just has to trundle along until the rest of the guff fades from public view a bit.

7 hours ago, Ulysses said:

The answer is all of them, none of them, and in the end mostly the DUP.  None of this stuff matters to the Tories.  The whole purpose of this game is to get Europe into the headlines so that people stop talking about Russian oligarchs, Partygate, Covid corruption, or the cost of living - and above all the utter inability of Boris Johnson to carry out the role of Prime Minister.  But forcing the issue of the Protocol carries huge risks for the British economy - while reaching agreement with Brussels and Dublin only brings the issue to a close and puts the other stuff back on the political agenda.

This, this and this!
Also in the same category the vicious Rwanda policy, the half baked cut Civil Service numbers, the brainless C4 & BBC policies and on and on till they can start again on the EU being to blame

All the figures show that Northern Ireland's economy is doing better than the rest of the UK, because it's still in the Customs Union.

This embarrasses the Brexit loons in Westminster.

It also infuriates the DUP because it means that Northern Ireland is more closely linked to the EU than to the UK.

So the two of them are trying to make out that the Protocol is evil and must be destroyed because "reasons".

The DUP are quite happy for the Stormont Assembly to fail; they'd be very happy with direct Westminster rule.

They don't care about the UN-registered international peace treaty known as the Good Friday Agreement, as they never ratified it and have always hated it.

Two small bands of extremists are holding the entire province to ransom and are threatening peace on the island of Ireland.

11 hours ago, Cade said:

All the figures show that Northern Ireland's economy is doing better than the rest of the UK, because it's still in the Customs Union.

This embarrasses the Brexit loons in Westminster.

It also infuriates the DUP because it means that Northern Ireland is more closely linked to the EU than to the UK.

So the two of them are trying to make out that the Protocol is evil and must be destroyed because "reasons".

The DUP are quite happy for the Stormont Assembly to fail; they'd be very happy with direct Westminster rule.

They don't care about the UN-registered international peace treaty known as the Good Friday Agreement, as they never ratified it and have always hated it.

Two small bands of extremists are holding the entire province to ransom and are threatening peace on the island of Ireland.

In fairness, while I agree with what you're saying, I'm not convinced that the Customs Union is definitely the reason for the North's better performance in recent times.  It might be, but actually there isn't yet enough evidence to show that it has made enough of a difference in the months since the UK left the EU.

On the other hand, there's no doubt that there are huge opportunities for NI businesses by virtue of being the only place left that is still in both the EU and the UK customs zones - and those opportunities don't have to be at the expense of businesses in either the rest of the EU or the rest of the UK.  One fella of my acquaintance who runs a business up there is currently looking at a quadrupling of his trade since the UK left.  Not everyone can be that fortunate, but there are opportunities there to reduce NI's over-reliance on taxpayers' money and increase its level of private sector economic activity.  Instead of pandering to the "themmuns" whinging nonsense being spouted by the DUP (and other seasonal varieties), what the UK and EU could usefully do for the North is design an investment programme for the region designed to capitalise on its unique status.  The DUP would hate it, but everyone else would get on board with it, and eventually the choice for Donaldson and his party would be between acquiescence and irrelevance.

23 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I don't know if someone has pointed this out later in the thread, but imo the Government fully expected to be able to rip up parts of the agreement once it had been instituted. It was only afterwards, especially after American pressure perhaps, that they realised they couldn't get in fact get away with it.

Edited by redjambo

SectionDJambo

Just saw John Redwood on Newsnight.

Wow.

A rant, complete with bulging eyes and real anger that the Irish government are plotting against the British government, and the BBC are not asking them the right questions, or making the right comments, to take the Irish to task for implementing the Protocol in the way the UK government now wants it to be.

I saw the Attorney General woman on Question Time last week. She makes Priti Patel look like a wee angel. Just making it up as she goes along.

The unraveling of the “Oven Ready Deal” could get really interesting over the next few weeks. 
I would think that the EU will indeed  be playing hard on this. They’ll know that the UK government had no intention of implementing the Protocol that was promoted by, and signed up to, by Johnson. Which foreign government or organisation would be expected to believe anything the man, or his Junta, says.

50 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Just saw John Redwood on Newsnight.

Wow.

A rant, complete with bulging eyes and real anger that the Irish government are plotting against the British government, and the BBC are not asking them the right questions, or making the right comments, to take the Irish to task for implementing the Protocol in the way the UK government now wants it to be.

I saw the Attorney General woman on Question Time last week. She makes Priti Patel look like a wee angel. Just making it up as she goes along.

The unraveling of the “Oven Ready Deal” could get really interesting over the next few weeks. 
I would think that the EU will indeed  be playing hard on this. They’ll know that the UK government had no intention of implementing the Protocol that was promoted by, and signed up to, by Johnson. Which foreign government or organisation would be expected to believe anything the man, or his Junta, says.

What a thundering gobshite.  :laugh:

The Irish can't implement the Protocol in the way the UK government would like.

The Irish can't implement the Protocol in the way the UK government wouldn't like.

The Irish don't implement the Protocol.  The UK and the EU do that.  Any provisions that are specifically implemented by Ireland are ones that already existed and that the Protocol recognises as continuing to exist - for example, Ireland's obligations under the Common Travel Area.

This Fat piece of shite and his gang will allow the terror to come back in a heartbeat. They only care about them/theirselves and their own agenda. 

One day they'll be in the dock for their heist. 

Edited by ri Alban

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

On the NI protocol

...... and .....

Nadine will be fecking raging at the C4 piece 😂

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

This Fat piece of shite and his gang will allow the terror to come back in a heartbeat. They only care about them/theirselves and their own agenda. 

One day they'll be in the dock for their heist

In the same way Ceausescu was.

SectionDJambo
8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

What a thundering gobshite.  :laugh:

The Irish can't implement the Protocol in the way the UK government would like.

The Irish can't implement the Protocol in the way the UK government wouldn't like.

The Irish don't implement the Protocol.  The UK and the EU do that.  Any provisions that are specifically implemented by Ireland are ones that already existed and that the Protocol recognises as continuing to exist - for example, Ireland's obligations under the Common Travel Area.

Let's not forget that Farage's solution to the problem was for Ireland to leave the EU as well. He tried to start a train of thought along the lines of them having fought for their freedom from Britain, only to have the EU now control them. The Irish laughed at him for trying to teach them Irish history.

Borders have two sides.

For goods, money, services and people to cross over a border, they must meet the regulations of both nations on either side of the border.

The UK has "taken back control" of its side of the EU border.

Which means it has relinquished control of the other side of that border to the EU.

And the EU has strict rules about border regulations with 3rd party nations.

The UK has, in truth, given away control.

The UK chose to pursue a Hard  Brexit.

It chose to give away control of the other side of the border.

It chose to abide by the EU's regulations as a 3rd party nation.

The UK is now whining about being a 3rd party nation and having to abide by EU regulations concerning 3rd party nations.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Borders have two sides.

For goods, money, services and people to cross over a border, they must meet the regulations of both nations on either side of the border.

The UK has "taken back control" of its side of the EU border.

Which means it has relinquished control of the other side of that border to the EU.

And the EU has strict rules about border regulations with 3rd party nations.

The UK has, in truth, given away control.

The UK chose to pursue a Hard  Brexit.

It chose to give away control of the other side of the border.

It chose to abide by the EU's regulations as a 3rd party nation.

The UK is now whining about being a 3rd party nation and having to abide by EU regulations concerning 3rd party nations.

Everybody else's fault. 

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Let's not forget that Farage's solution to the problem was for Ireland to leave the EU as well. He tried to start a train of thought along the lines of them having fought for their freedom from Britain, only to have the EU now control them. The Irish laughed at him for trying to teach them Irish history.

Farage has always had an interesting take on Ireland 😂

In October 2019 during a visit to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, Boris Johnson first dropped his “oven-ready Brexit deal” slogan.

Must be well-fired by now? Or did the incompetent arsehole forget to switch the oven on?

Wonder if anything was on the horizon in, say, December 2019 that might have persuaded the Eton mess to, once more, lie his chubby tits off?

Which Government around the world will trust this UK government. Ukraine, Boris will stab you in the back, in a heartbeat.

In the parallel Universe of the N. Ireland Assembly the Government are trying to force the DUP to rejoin it. 

Eton Mess senior has jumped ship to France and is now a French citizen. 
Brexit was such a good idea according to that cockwomble. 

Edited by Imaman

Brexit is what the English want, so fair play to them. Independence is what the Scottish want, so let's call the whole UK off. Seems reasonable. 

If EU citizens living here had voted remain, they'd have scuppered English independence from the EU, just like English, Irish, Welsh and EU citizens living in Scotland did to the Scottish and their independence. 

Next independence vote, only real Scots. And then we can decide for ourselves who we want to trade with and how. 

I don't think Scotland will full join the EU post independence, anyway. 

Edited by ri Alban

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Brexit is what the English want, so fair play to them. Independence is what the Scottish want, so let's call the whole UK off. Seems reasonable. 

If EU citizens living here had voted remain, they'd have scuppered English independence from the EU, just like English, Irish, Welsh and EU citizens living in Scotland did to the Scottish and their independence. 

Next independence vote, only real Scots. And then we can decide for ourselves who we want to trade with and how. 

I don't think Scotland will full join the EU post independence, anyway. 

Peter Hitchens thinks England should go it alone anyway. I’ve often thought that’s how it’ll end. Scots don’t have the bolloks so we’ll only end up with it if England decides. 
I wonder who England asks permission from too to get their section 30…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10831007/amp/PETER-HITCHENS-England-leave-UK-embrace-golden-future.htmlI

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Peter Hitchens thinks England should go it alone anyway. I’ve often thought that’s how it’ll end. Scots don’t have the bolloks so we’ll only end up with it if England decides. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10831007/amp/PETER-HITCHENS-England-leave-UK-embrace-golden-future.htmlI

What would the hoose jocks do?😄

The Mighty Thor
27 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I've said for years that this will be the outcome. The mask has slipped on the Tories and its basically just an English nationalist party 

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What would the hoose jocks do?😄

Wait til it dawns on them that they've always been viewed as second class citizens 😂

The tears and snotters from them and the flat earthers in Belfast will be glorious 😂

vegas-voss
34 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Can you imagine the deal they would think they were entitled to far leaving.

Probably something like - we want to leave but we want all Scotland , Wales and NI natural resources and other incomes please.

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Can you imagine the deal they would think they were entitled to far leaving.

Probably something like - we want to leave but we want all Scotland , Wales and NI natural resources and other incomes please.

Well the lies to get brexit, the lies to get elected on a phantom deal, the lies and arrogance after leaving a huge trading block and still messing with Ireland’s security and bellends like farage suggesting they should leave the EU too you can only imagine the nonsense theyd try with the rest. 
That govt is a law unto itself. 

jack D and coke
32 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I've said for years that this will be the outcome. The mask has slipped on the Tories and its basically just an English nationalist party 

Wait til it dawns on them that they've always been viewed as second class citizens 😂

The tears and snotters from them and the flat earthers in Belfast will be glorious 😂

I must admit that would be a pretty amusing thing to witness. 

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

And it's spent the last 2 years quietly changing boundaries, changing electoral law and changing criminal law to ensure that there's absolutely no scrutiny of them and absolutely nothing you plebs can do about it.

Clever *******s. 

vegas-voss
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Well the lies to get brexit, the lies to get elected on a phantom deal, the lies and arrogance after leaving a huge trading block and still messing with Ireland’s security and bellends like farage suggesting they should leave the EU too you can only imagine the nonsense theyd try with the rest. 

They have always been ***** but this mob are levels above anything we have seen. Corrupt as **** but it's the sheer incompetence that blows my mind it's just one thing to the next with no care about how much ****ing up is going on

vegas-voss
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And it's spent the last 2 years quietly changing boundaries, changing electoral law and changing criminal law to ensure that there's absolutely no scrutiny of them and absolutely nothing you plebs can do about it.

Clever *******s. 

Aye not as dumb as they make us believe Everything is to benefit them

Pans Jambo
13 hours ago, Imaman said:

Turkey will replace Spain as the place Brits go to from now on. 

9 weeks on a plane (thats what it feels like)!

No for me.

What have we become, that we voluntarily vote for people like the current UK government. Brexit was the gateway to right wing utopia and the people are fecked.

The Mighty Thor
14 hours ago, Imaman said:

Turkey will replace Spain as the place Brits go to from now on. 

Which would be absolutely hilarious as it was the threat of Turkey joining the EU (which was always utter bollocks) that had Farage and the Nazi/Express types wetting their frillies.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye not as dumb as they make us believe Everything is to benefit them

The Tory way. 

They're not known as the self-servatives for nothing.