Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

23 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You jest, however that reads like the current policy in a nutshell.

Reading it back in a Boris manner it's actually quite frightening.

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Feel quite angry for the fisherman and the other businesses that were promised the world to vote leave. The ***** who pushed this and the other ***** who voted because of hatred can go take a feck to themselves.

3 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Lorry queues now longer than the Channel tunnel. 

You wouldn't want the turtle's head, that's for sure

Just now, Smithee said:

You wouldn't want the turtle's head, that's for sure

Oh, here it is now!

19 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

421A35E4-EAB2-40BA-8292-BF44B48F2D74.jpeg

Another Brexit gift we were never told about.

Tourists who drive to the Continent face chaos at Dover unless a deal is reached with the European Union over new border rules coming into force this year.

The warning came from the boss of the Port of Dover, who urged ministers to seek a deal with Brussels which could make the checks less intrusive.

Doug Bannister warned of potentially 'significant' tailbacks for tourists and hauliers when the new rules come into force in October.

Because the new system will require biometric checks, it would mean every car and lorry passenger having to exit their vehicle. This would mean border crossings taking much longer, causing lengthy queues.

As it stands, tourists who drive through ports to the Continent can simply have their passports assessed and stamped by border guards through their vehicle window, keeping traffic flowing smoothly.

WorldChampions1902
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I don't know why Scots are bothered about Brexit. We'll be back at the table soon enough.

🤞

The Chief boy from the Dover port did his best this morning to avoid blaming Brexit for this but did admit in the end that it is having an effect. He also pointed out that the looming biometric checks which are due to happen later this year have not been prepared for. 

This is another Johnson stuff up which his Brexit supporting chums are praising him for. It’s one of the big decisions he got right:rofl:

On 13/01/2022 at 08:17, The Mighty Thor said:

In the spirit of a good day to bury bad news....

Queues of trucks on either side of the channel have now hit 30km.  

Got Brexit done but 👍

Not in the good ol' United Kingdom, my good man.

That's 18.6411 miles, I'll have you know.

On 10/01/2022 at 11:10, WorldChampions1902 said:

A6097ED1-E787-4578-A46F-41672DD0BA34.jpeg

this is mental, cheap memes like this are pretty pathetic and utterly misleading - once the deal was done the ONLY option left was to get on with it and make the best of the dog's breakfast we were left with. Would you have preferred those that had flipped from Brexit to Remain had stayed on the sidelines howling at the moon? 

The facts materially changed, their views HAD to evolve with the new reality. As a nation we need to move on, this navel gazing is pointless and divisive.  

The Mighty Thor
15 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

this is mental, cheap memes like this are pretty pathetic and utterly misleading - once the deal was done the ONLY option left was to get on with it and make the best of the dog's breakfast we were left with. Would you have preferred those that had flipped from Brexit to Remain had stayed on the sidelines howling at the moon? 

The facts materially changed, their views HAD to evolve with the new reality. As a nation we need to move on, this navel gazing is pointless and divisive.  

If only naval gazing was the consequence of the greatest act of economic self-harm ever carried out by a G20 country.

Sadly it's not and the 'benefits' have still to reveal themselves. 

WorldChampions1902
25 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Cheap memes with short snappy slogans. Sound familiar?

“Get Brexit Dun”, “Brexit Meanz Brexit”, “Take Bak Kontrol”. The Leave campaign very successfully deployed those vacuous phrases (and others) to great effect to convince the hard of thinking to back their campaign. Unfortunately, the slogans bore no resemblance to reality and the hard of thinking were warned ad nauseum. Sadly, they chose to get behind the slogan, “Project Fear!”, being shouted in response by those same Leaver poster boys and girls.

As for “The Deal”, the hard of thinking were adamant that quote, “They knew what they voted for”. And when challenged as to the details of what they voted for, different Leavers gave different views of what they thought their vote would mean. But in reality, at that point, nobody knew what the vote would deliver. The hard of thinking effectively gave this Junta a blank cheque. And now, what do we see? All the predictions of the self-inflicted vandalism becoming reality. “Project Reality” was one of the few slogans to be proven true.

And still this Junta persist with their vacuous slogans. “We Got Brexit Done” is just another in the long list of lies for consumption by the simpletons. It isn’t “done” and it won’t be for very many years (if ever). The U.K. will be engaged forever in a fruitless, never-ending round of negotiations with the EU as a result of our self-imposed raft of trade barriers (NI Protocol is merely the tip of the iceberg).

I have said it before and will say it again. The U.K. will eventually rejoin the Single Market and Customs Union. What a damnation of Brexit when that eventually happens. Many years after that, we will IMHO become full members of the EU once again. Such a shame that we will inflict so much damage on our country until those shifts take place.

”But They Knew What They Voted For”. (Not enough memes in the world to do that phrase ‘justice’):facepalm:

42 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

If only naval gazing was the consequence of the greatest act of economic self-harm ever carried out by a G20 country.

Sadly it's not and the 'benefits' have still to reveal themselves. 

don't disagree with much of that but my point was all about moving on and making the best of where we are at not where we would of liked to be. 

17 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Cheap memes with short snappy slogans. Sound familiar?

“Get Brexit Dun”, “Brexit Meanz Brexit”, “Take Bak Kontrol”. The Leave campaign very successfully deployed those vacuous phrases (and others) to great effect to convince the hard of thinking to back their campaign. Unfortunately, the slogans bore no resemblance to reality and the hard of thinking were warned ad nauseum. Sadly, they chose to get behind the slogan, “Project Fear!”, being shouted in response by those same Leaver poster boys and girls.

As for “The Deal”, the hard of thinking were adamant that quote, “They knew what they voted for”. And when challenged as to the details of what they voted for, different Leavers gave different views of what they thought their vote would mean. But in reality, at that point, nobody knew what the vote would deliver. The hard of thinking effectively gave this Junta a blank cheque. And now, what do we see? All the predictions of the self-inflicted vandalism becoming reality. “Project Reality” was one of the few slogans to be proven true.

And still this Junta persist with their vacuous slogans. “We Got Brexit Done” is just another in the long list of lies for consumption by the simpletons. It isn’t “done” and it won’t be for very many years (if ever). The U.K. will be engaged forever in a fruitless, never-ending round of negotiations with the EU as a result of our self-imposed raft of trade barriers (NI Protocol is merely the tip of the iceberg).

I have said it before and will say it again. The U.K. will eventually rejoin the Single Market and Customs Union. What a damnation of Brexit when that eventually happens. Many years after that, we will IMHO become full members of the EU once again. Such a shame that we will inflict so much damage on our country until those shifts take place.

”But They Knew What They Voted For”. (Not enough memes in the world to do that phrase ‘justice’):facepalm:

Quite, if I was being trite I could say that we didn't 'get Brexit done' but were rather 'done by Brexit'. Problem is that doesn't actually get us anywhere, we are out and even if there was a head of steam for a return it'd be twenty years away and who knows what things will look like then.

Right to focus on the bits that need sorted though, to my mind holding folks accountable and improving the NI protocol is exactly where we should be at. Bemoaning the result, what's the point?

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Bemoaning the result, what's the point?

I prefer to describe that as “recognising failure”. Because once you do and once you get sizeable numbers of the electorate to also recognise that, you take a huge step towards rectifying that failure.

As I have already said, we then get back into the SM and CU.

Just now, WorldChampions1902 said:

I prefer to describe that as “recognising failure”. Because once you do and once you get sizeable numbers of the electorate to also recognise that, you take a huge step towards rectifying that failure.

As I have already said, we then get back into the SM and CU.

Not sure it'll be that easy - even if that is the collective will of the UK it takes two hands to clap and I imagine the Europeans being ticked off with us for quite some time to come yet.

WorldChampions1902
Just now, Japan Jambo said:

Not sure it'll be that easy - even if that is the collective will of the UK it takes two hands to clap and I imagine the Europeans being ticked off with us for quite some time to come yet.

First things first.

Scotland will be welcomed with open arms if we decide to join/rejoin. Personally I would prefer going the EFTA route but it will be up to the people of Scotland to decide. 

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Scotland will be welcomed with open arms if we decide to join/rejoin. Personally I would prefer going the EFTA route but it will be up to the people of Scotland to decide. 

I certainly think there is a much better chance of a red carpet for an independent Scotland than a UK return.

It'll need a FM that has actually wants to deliver a referendum first though because the current one is enjoying her current gig too much to get busy with that, much easier to talk about it than do it. Don't think Salmond would be dancing round the issue like this...

27 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I certainly think there is a much better chance of a red carpet for an independent Scotland than a UK return.

It'll need a FM that has actually wants to deliver a referendum first though because the current one is enjoying her current gig too much to get busy with that, much easier to talk about it than do it. Don't think Salmond would be dancing round the issue like this...

Salmond isn't in power, he's finished as a politician. Our FM will deliver the referendum next year 

jack D and coke
33 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

It’s a contentious point but I don’t believe she really wants to do it. She’s done the square root of feck all to shift the conversation other than mention independence around election times. There’s been no plan or vision for anything and as for the rest of that SNP the less said the better. Now making careers out of it. 
Salmond for his many faults at least I believed him when he said he wanted it. 
Whether people agreed with him or not or liked/loathed him his snp was night and day to this current lot. 

20 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s a contentious point but I don’t believe she really wants to do it. She’s done the square root of feck all to shift the conversation other than mention independence around election times. There’s been no plan or vision for anything and as for the rest of that SNP the less said the better. Now making careers out of it. 
Salmond for his many faults at least I believed him when he said he wanted it. 
Whether people agreed with him or not or liked/loathed him his snp was night and day to this current lot. 

I don't think she wants to do it until she's confident it'll be a win

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

don't disagree with much of that but my point was all about moving on and making the best of where we are at not where we would of liked to be. 

The problem with moving on of course being that Brexit isnt done,  it is in its very early stages, and our already fragile economy will start to feel the implications of being outside the club in the coming months. 

Making the best of where we are appears to consist of Liz Truss announcing trade deals with countries that are worse than the deals we had previously as part of the EU.

The Mighty Thor

I see the bigoted Flat Earther's in Norn Iron have just decided to ignore the oven ready deal & EU Law and have stopped checks on goods inbound from the UK.

:kirk:

Regressive DUP mental case Edwin Poots, in his role as Agriculture Minister, has unilaterally decided to halt all customs checks in Northern Ireland in a breach of the Northern Ireland Protocol.

Ireland are taking this straight to the EU Commission.

Northern Ireland's regressive DUP mental case First Minister Paul Given is also planning to resign over the Protocol.

This will force Sinn Fein's deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill to resign and spark yet another crisis in the province.

What a feckin mess.

Edited by Cade

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Regressive DUP mental case Edwin Poots, in his role as Agriculture Minister, has unilaterally decided to halt all customs checks in Northern Ireland in a breach of the Northern Ireland Protocol.

Northern Ireland's regressive DUP mental case First Minister Paul Given is also planning to resign over the Protocol.

This will force Sinn Fein's deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill to resign and spark yet another crisis in the province.

What a feckin mess.

I thought Brexit was “Done”?? Silly me.

Boris, darling.

There have to be checks on things coming over the Irish Sea so it can be proved that they have not been smuggled over the open Ireland/Northern Ireland border.

You know this.

Stop acting the twat.

5 hours ago, Cade said:

What a feckin mess.

Jaysus you'd miss the lads, wouldn't ya?

img.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Boris, darling.

There have to be checks on things coming over the Irish Sea so it can be proved that they have not been smuggled over the open Ireland/Northern Ireland border.

You know this.

Stop acting the twat.

Johnson.  What a gobshite.  I wonder who else thinks so?

Prince-Charles-gerry-adams-laughing.jpg&

NI FM has now resigned, triggering the resignation of the deputy,

Both DUP and Sinn Fein now have to find replacements.

That province is a joke of a place.

It's just embarrassing that human beings are still acting like this in the 21st century. And worst of all, we keep voting idiots into positions of power. We're hopeless. :)

WorldChampions1902
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Did France no do the same?

Pretty sure they did. So they can add rampant hypocrisy to the charge sheet they share with England. Love the Auld Alliance.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

5 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Pretty sure they did. So they can add rampant to hypocrisy to the charge sheet they share with England. Love the Auld Alliance.

:D

Howdy Doody Jambo
16 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Macron has the measure of our neighbours…..

4015B39F-8BD0-4B29-BC90-5667EBC40F79.jpeg

Did wee Nippy write that? 

Gavin Robinson, DUP MP for Belfast East is asked a question by RTÉ's David McCullagh.  Have a listen to this; 25 seconds, and worth it for the last utterly savage seven words.