Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And again, good for you John. 👍 

Yes absolutely. Let me give you a wee tip. Dont believe all you read, and only believe half of what you see.

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Funny but I haven't went short on anything since the UK left the EU, I don't believe I ever will.

Me neither (apart from recently but probably xmas rush than brexit). But I guess we can watch the quality and standards gradually drop down instead while the price goes up.

Edited by kila

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

I'm sure it will come in time given plenty on here seems to be experiencing it at times.

I've yet to find anything I can't get yet either but that was the case pre-Brexit so not really a benefit to be no worse off in terms of grocery shopping availability.

Needed my car window fixed. Couldn't get the part, apart from the actual car company and they wanted triple the price. Thank feck for wd40, it finally did it's magic. 

Now the door won't open. :rofl:

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Yes absolutely. Let me give you a wee tip. Dont believe all you read, and only believe half of what you see.

Tariffs only came in yesterday. I'm not looking forward to the shite on offer from Australia and the island fae the back of beyond.

What do you think JF,  will a certain country run out if it goes independent.  😜

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Tariffs only came in yesterday. I'm not looking forward to the shite on offer from Australia and the island fae the back of beyond.

What do you think JF,  will a certain country run out if it goes independent.  😜

A certain wee country will run out alright, of money from XD+1. 

48 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just borrow it, every ***** else does.

I've explained how that works before. Scotland would have to issue it's own gilt edged securities via a central bank to raise capital and the interest would be higher than UK pays and likely much shorter maturity period than 30-50 years that the BoE issues. Scotland could of course print money on a new currency which would instantly devalue it and cause runaway inflation. They could not print sterling or euros. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I've explained how that works before. Scotland would have to issue it's own gilt edged securities via a central bank to raise capital and the interest would be higher than UK pays and likely much shorter maturity period than 30-50 years that the BoE issues. Scotland could of course print money on a new currency which would instantly devalue it and cause runaway inflation. They could not print sterling or euros. 

God the world's really stacked up against Scotland eh? It seems every single thing that every other country in the world can do is impossible for us, what are the odds?

I heard we can't exploit the west coast oilfields because of monsters and moving away from Sterling will result in Edinburgh Castle being haunted by a squadron of headless cavalry.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

God the world's really stacked up against Scotland eh? It seems every single thing that every other country in the world can do is impossible for us, what are the odds?

I heard we can't exploit the west coast oilfields because of monsters and moving away from Sterling will result in Edinburgh Castle being haunted by a squadron of headless cavalry.

Most countries don't run a 22% deficit like the SNP, Smithee. You should be chasing them out of the place if you want independence. This is why I say independence would create hardship and the conditions for economic collapse. The only possible way iScotand could get by would be to bump UK of national debt share (unlikely in any divorce settlement) and cut budgets massively (highly likely), which would mean the public sector is ravaged and the ending all the current freebies. This would be amidst market and business uncertainty on currency and border which would create an exodus over the border and a drop on current tax revenues. Declining revenues vs budget cuts is likely going to mean an iScotland needs to raise 10-15% of GDP through a new central bank on unknown terms/currency. Not sustainable given the likely terms. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Most countries don't run a 22% deficit like the SNP, Smithee. You should be chasing them out of the place if you want independence. This is why I say independence would create hardship and the conditions for economic collapse. The only possible way iScotand could get by would be to bump UK of national debt share (unlikely in any divorce settlement) and cut budgets massively (highly likely), which would mean the public sector is ravaged and the ending all the current freebies. This would be amidst market and business uncertainty on currency and border which would create an exodus over the border and a drop on current tax revenues. Declining revenues vs budget cuts is likely going to mean an iScotland needs to raise 10-15% of GDP through a new central bank on unknown terms/currency. Not sustainable given the likely terms. 

Well you lost me with the first lie

:laugh2: I meant line, but that works

Edited by Smithee

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well you lost me with the first lie

:laugh2: I meant line, but that works

22% was 2019/2020. Likely higher now. 
https://www.ft.com/content/c5c099a0-941c-45d6-8248-5c1ee8193fca

Sturgeon/Wee Katy will of course raise taxes also. Expect a base rate of 30% minimum and big NI spike. 

Edited by JackLadd

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

22% was 201/2020. Likely higher now. 
https://www.ft.com/content/c5c099a0-941c-45d6-8248-5c1ee8193fca

Sturgeon/Wee Katy will of course raise taxes also. Expect a base rate of 30% minimum and big NI spike. 

Can you quote where it says the SNP run a deficit? As far as I was aware Westminster decides the funding and the SNP spend within that. So who's running a deficit? (ignoring the skewed set of figures used to produce the number!)

Anyway, up yours, Scotland can, we're epic.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Can you quote where it says the SNP run a deficit? As far as I was aware Westminster decides the funding and the SNP spend within that. So who's running a deficit? (ignoring the skewed set of figures used to produce the number!)

Anyway, up yours, Scotland can, we're epic.

Can you read? The difference between the block grant and revenues raised in Scotland is 22% for 19/20, and as said will be higher now given her policies. If she actually had to get by on her own tax revenue she wouldn't be shutting so much down for sure. Anyway, you are being a tit as usual. 

Unknown user
Just now, JackLadd said:

Can you read? The difference between the block grant and revenues raised in Scotland is 22% for 19/20, and as said will be higher now given her policies. If she actually had to get by on her own tax revenue she wouldn't be shutting so much down for sure. Anyway, you are being a tit as usual. 

You know fine the revenues raised part is massively disputed, but I'll do you the honour of not pretending you're too thick to get that.

Scotland can be independent, and without the Westminster cluster**** there's no reason we couldn't flourish.

Oh dear. Over £2t in debt and Scotland is the burden . 

Let's move away from the money for a minute. Just picture the scenes if it was only Scotland, Wales and NI who were savaged by Covid. There'd have been no help, none. And people think this is ok. 

Edited by ri Alban

The SG only get extra monies if England gets extra monies. 

Scotland has no deficit as the SG don't spend all the income and more from the Scottish people. It's about half. The over spend in Scotland is through the UK on stuff we don't get to use. Trident, HS1,2,3.... Lords, WM, Embassies, Wars. Yeah we've the vaccine, but I'm sure we'd buy this ourselves unlike the rest and other shit we won't need, post independence.

And we should make a fair bit more from trade, once the UK doesn't get to fiddle the books and starts to pay for our stuff properly, whether we join the EU or not is irrelevant, unless these markets the UK are negotiating with run out, post independence.

Everything runs out when Scotland becomes independent. Just one big rainless cloud, with no wind, or sunshine. And the seabed becomes impenetrable too. 

Oh and planes lose the ability to fly when they enter our airspace, while all sealife swim away or die. We're fecked on bondage with the lion of England enables Scotland to exist, tho it doesn't whilst being under ownership by our overlords.

Scotland get battered everywhere they go is right enough, especially from people who should be ashamed to call themselves Scottish. 

Maybe we should sell kneepads to ourselves, but wait... Finally we have something that should really run out after some get some self respect and get off their fecking knees. The English did it with Brexit, however skewed they're thinking is, at least they believed in themselves.

Edited by ri Alban

Do leave voters agree that EU voters should have had the vote in the EU referendum?

They should?

They shouldn't

Do leave voters agree ruk voters should have had the vote at Indyref 2014?

The should?

They shouldn't?

Me personally . Yes and Yes. But not at Indyref 2024 (10 years is quite a while between referendums) after the rules at euref 2016.

Edited by ri Alban

56 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

If you doubt he can read, there's no point in saying the bit at the end of your post.

:cheese:

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

If England had to get by, no ***** would have been in lockdown. If Scotland's spending goes up, it's because England is being palmed a few bob. 

Do you agree that Scotland,Wales and NI can only be helped with furlough, if England needs it? But if England is fine, the other 3 can go feck themselves.

Edited by ri Alban

A quick question on furlough, grants. 

What do you think Scots will think if England gets locked down due to covid and grants and furlough are made available?

The Mighty Thor
10 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I'll apply that straight away to your posts. 

Wee tip back at you, just because you've not been short of whatever it is you buy at your local supermarket, it doesn't mean that the nonsensical exercise in economic self harm isn't happening across sectors that rely on import of goods and materials. 

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'll apply that straight away to your posts. 

Wee tip back at you, just because you've not been short of whatever it is you buy at your local supermarket, it doesn't mean that the nonsensical exercise in economic self harm isn't happening across sectors that rely on import of goods and materials. 

Is that right.

John Findlay
9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

No one anywhere is going to run out.

You should expand your pallet.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Is that right.

John let's put it another way.

You served in the South Atlantic, whilst I was at high school. 

Just because the General Belgrano wasn't patrolling the Firth of Forth and the Argentines didn't land at Port Seton, doesn't mean it didn't happen at other end of the world. 

Edited by The Mighty Thor

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

John let's put it another way.

You served in the South Atlantic, whilst I was at high school. 

Just because the General Belgrano wasn't patrolling the Firth of Forth and the Argentines didn't land at Port Seton, doesn't mean it didn't happen at other end of the world. 

Let's visit this again this time in 2023.

The Mighty Thor
37 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Let's visit this again this time in 2023.

Oh it'll not take that long. 

I'm as confident in this government's ability to make a dogs dinner of the simplest of things as I am of the British people to just get on with it. 

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Oh it'll not take that long. 

I'm as confident in this government's ability to make a dogs dinner of the simplest of things as I am of the British people to just get on with it. 

The U.K. Junta will place all the blame on the recently arrived Omicron variant for any imminent Brexit symptoms. COVID truly is their “Get Out of Jail” card. And anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows that the Brexit challenges to our economy are going to ratchet up a few notches.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

And anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows that the Brexit challenges to our economy are going to ratchet up a few notches.

The first tranch will arrive shortly thanks to the new GMR requirements and the second tranch on 1st July when the final import tariffs arrive on the 'special goods' which still enjoy the old rules. 

WorldChampions1902
6 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The first tranch will arrive shortly thanks to the new GMR requirements and the second tranch on 1st July when the final import tariffs arrive on the 'special goods' which still enjoy the old rules. 

New Goods vehicle movement requirements coupled with ill-prepared government IT systems could rapidly hit the vegetarians amongst us, We will know soon enough. Will be interesting to see how this Junta spins the blame on Omicron.

8252F086-6726-445B-805C-302B9A4127E6.jpeg

Edited by WorldChampions1902

Apparently, when cut flowers are being imported, every single stem needs a phytosanitary certificate.  90% of cut flowers sold in the UK are imported, mainly from Holland.  How many British florists will that knock out of business?  :eek:

This whole Brexit thing was wilfully and ignorantly sold to the uk population. We were warned by knowable people who saw that all these problems we are now facing would happen. 
The Brexiteers should have listened to the likes of Gina Miller and not bare faced liars like Boris Johnson and the perennial mouth piece Nigel Farage. 

jack D and coke
34 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

This whole Brexit thing was wilfully and ignorantly sold to the uk population. We were warned by knowable people who saw that all these problems we are now facing would happen. 
The Brexiteers should have listened to the likes of Gina Miller and not bare faced liars like Boris Johnson and the perennial mouth piece Nigel Farage. 

1F7BC37B-1938-4996-A7C3-7D47EA77C786.jpeg

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Less white Europeans. More black Indians.

Great news which was both predictable and predicted!

Hopefully once that flow of immigration gets a foothold in the U.K. labour force, the negative Brexit-imposed effects to various employment sectors (building, healthcare, hospitality et al) will start to reduce. Furthermore, given the extremely low wage expectations of people from India, that can hopefully help drive down our rocketing inflation.

I didn’t think I would say this, but finally a Brexit good-news story.

::troll::

Edited by WorldChampions1902

Absolutely.

It is a little known reality that trade deals come with more immigration.

Just wait till the trade deal with China. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

PPE and LFTs will be cheaper and will be delivered by an infected courier with the latest virus from Wahun, just to keep sales up. 

48 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Absolutely.

It is a little known reality that trade deals come with more immigration.

Aw naw man, not more loudmouth Auzzie bartenders

:seething:

7 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

PPE and LFTs will be cheaper and will be delivered by an infected courier with the latest virus from Wahun, just to keep sales up. 

batman-logo.gif&f=1&nofb=1

dobmisterdobster
On 06/01/2022 at 13:33, Mikey1874 said:

Yes because Priti Patel and Rishi Sunak are black people.

:facepalm:

Unknown user
On 06/01/2022 at 13:33, Mikey1874 said:

Last I heard of this, India has very little interest in a trade deal for visas, they don't want a brain drain as their brightest and best head for blighty.

Is it something that's looking likely now?

The Mighty Thor

Get yer shades out cos we're in the sunlit uplands 👍

That's only the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom 'celebrating' the fact that one mobile phone provider not implementing charges that didn't exist before his Brexit. 

A win is a win :fonzie:

The Mighty Thor
13 minutes ago, Cade said:

Liz Truss' first move as Brexit negotiator?

She threatened to trigger Article 16.

:rofl:

There must be some shit news in the pipeline if this dead cat is being dusted off. Again. 

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Get yer shades out cos we're in the sunlit uplands 👍

That's only the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom 'celebrating' the fact that one mobile phone provider not implementing charges that didn't exist before his Brexit. 

A win is a win :fonzie:

:sunny:

On 10/01/2022 at 12:22, The Mighty Thor said:

There must be some shit news in the pipeline if this dead cat is being dusted off. Again. 

Almost as if you predicted the shit news that came out last night 

The Mighty Thor
13 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Almost as if you predicted the shit news that came out last night 

Wish I was that smart!

It's as regular as clockwork with this mob. The next bit of sleaze or scandal is never far off.

The Mighty Thor

In the spirit of a good day to bury bad news....

Queues of trucks on either side of the channel have now hit 30km.  

Got Brexit done but 👍

47 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

In the spirit of a good day to bury bad news....

Queues of trucks on either side of the channel have now hit 30km.  

Got Brexit done but 👍

Good, keeping those foreigners out on one side and our excellent British HGV drivers in on the other. Truly building back better in action.

*Not serious*

The Mighty Thor
39 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Good, keeping those foreigners out on one side and our excellent British HGV drivers in on the other. Truly building back better in action.

*Not serious*

You jest, however that reads like the current policy in a nutshell.