Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

On the upside, massive bonanza for the HR lawyer legal aid gravy train. 37k asylum cases last year, how that number are processed within the current system of endless appeals and challenges is surely an impossibility with even more coming for 2021, so they will stay in the bed and board hotels from now till never all on the Brit tax payer. I actually think this issue could create a surge of populism. Former home secretary David Blunkett is predicting Farage will be PM, I would go further than that; this situation unchecked could also take down the monarchy and house of lords along with the whole obsolete legal apparatus that feeds off the asylum industry. President Nige a comin. 

And today on National Front news.....

Fortunately the majority of people in Scotland don't share your extreme views. 

I'm sure there's sites out on t'inernet where your views would be at home, but then again you probably already know that. 

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, JackLadd said:

On the upside, massive bonanza for the HR lawyer legal aid gravy train. 37k asylum cases last year, how that number are processed within the current system of endless appeals and challenges is surely an impossibility with even more coming for 2021, so they will stay in the bed and board hotels from now till never all on the Brit tax payer. I actually think this issue could create a surge of populism. Former home secretary David Blunkett is predicting Farage will be PM, I would go further than that; this situation unchecked could also take down the monarchy and house of lords along with the whole obsolete legal apparatus that feeds off the asylum industry. President Nige a comin. 

8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Four words that send a cold shiver down the spine

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

It’s actually heart warming that a prick like Farage look likely to have started the chain of events that will see the end of the union. A reunified ireland and independent Scotland. 
If the thought of that arsehole being your PM doesn’t send every person running for the hills then nothing ever will. Surely England would never vote for him….would they??
The fact he’s had so much airtime over the years is pretty embarrassing to Britain. 

A weapons grade throbber but in British politics that seems to get you pretty far and I mean that all over these islands. 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s actually heart warming that a prick like Farage look likely to have started the chain of events that will see the end of the union. A reunified ireland and independent Scotland. 
If the thought of that arsehole being your PM doesn’t send every person running for the hills then nothing ever will. Surely England would never vote for him….would they??
The fact he’s had so much airtime over the years is pretty embarrassing to Britain. 

A weapons grade throbber but in British politics that seems to get you pretty far and I mean that all over these islands. 

Remember Farage is as successful in elections as he is at flying a banner behind a plane. 

WorldChampions1902
10 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I cannot believe I am saying this, but I agree (sadly) with the dangers of an increase in populism due to this issue. But yet again, much of that populism will be based on lies, half-truths and scaremongering by those that strive to make political capital out of it.

One can only hope that many Leavers will have started to see how they were conned and be on their guard against second-helpings. I am not optimistic.

The Mighty Thor

I see Spaffer released the letter he sent to Macron regarding the forthcoming meeting on joint efforts to tackle the asylum seeker crisis in the channel on Twitter.

Macron is not impressed saying that we don't conduct diplomacy via Twitter. 

Game playing. 

3 hours ago, pablo said:

Shouldn't the discussion on illegal immigrants have it's own thread?

I could see this ending the career of Patel and maybe even Johnson if they're not seen to be getting on top of this soon. 

The solution and maybe even a discussion on a solution is going to be  pretty unpalatable for many.  It's going to have to include a plan for reducing the pull factor for illegals risking life to reach Britain. That's going to mean looking at the asylum process and closing down black markets.

One of my less empathetic friends and i were talking about this issue yesterday. He said that the french police shoot shoot the rubber dinghies before they take off.  Its a solution I suppose. :))  least he was slightly humane wanting the dinghies burst before taking off. 

20 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Remember Farage is as successful in elections as he is at flying a banner behind a plane. 

Incredibly he had one policy and achieved it so it some respects he is an extremely accomplished and successful as a politician . ( i may add i cant stand him ) 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I see Spaffer released the letter he sent to Macron regarding the forthcoming meeting on joint efforts to tackle the asylum seeker crisis in the channel on Twitter.

Game playing. 

Boris is morphing more into Donald as each day passes

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Game playing. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59428311

“A French government spokesman accused Mr Johnson of saying different things in his conversation with Mr Macron and in the letter, adding: "We are sick of double-speak."

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Game playing. 

Yup they are trying to out-twat each other. Pretty even competition in fairness.

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Yup they are trying to out-twat each other. Pretty even competition in fairness.

Spaffer releasing it to give the illusion of actually doing something whilst simultaneously knowing that it would create an issue so he can then point at the French for not being prepared to do anything.

Meanwhile Macron has an election to fight so he'll not be for budging an inch.

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

England for the most part never voted for him. Ironically his only success was in the European parliament elections.

Anyway to the extent he achieved or helped to achieve departure from one union he also made Scotland's departure from its union much more difficult especially if an independent Scotland seeks to join the EU.

So it begins. Hotels in Scotland to be filled up with handout seekers. 50 placed in one hotel in Falkirk overnight. Not named amazingly enough. Inshallah the accommodation and room service meets needs. 

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

So it begins. Hotels in Scotland to be filled up with handout seekers. 50 placed in one hotel in Falkirk overnight. Not named amazingly enough. Inshallah the accommodation and room service meets needs. 

Which hotel?

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Seriously, which hotel? 

I don't see this mentioned on any of the Falkirk groups.

Just now, Smithee said:

Seriously, which hotel? 

I don't see this mentioned on any of the Falkirk groups.

I said it wasn't named. This is just the start though. They are going to be a very visible unwelcome presence soon enough up here.  

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

I said it wasn't named. This is just the start though. They are going to be a very visible unwelcome presence soon enough up here.  

Mental though, there aren't many hotels with that capacity in Falkirk, amazing that not one local member of staff has seen it. What's your source?

Edited by Smithee

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Mental though, there aren't many hotels with that capacity in Falkirk, amazing that not one local member of staff has seen it. What's your source?bbc

BBC. I think it could be the park hotel,  my guess. 

Edited by JackLadd

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Or just point me to where you went to verify the claim, cheers 👍

6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Why would asylum seekers be an unwelcome presence?

26 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

😂

Glad you find the issue funny. People so terrified that they’re having to up and leave their homes and countries to seek refuge elsewhere. In some cases feeling so devoid of options that they load themselves and their small children into rubber dinghies and try to cross a busy and dangerous waterway. Hilarious stuff 🙄

WorldChampions1902
55 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I don’t believe a word of it. We have “Taken Back Control” remember? All these issues went away on the first of January cos we “Got Brexit Dung”. It’s what “we” voted for.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Do you mean asylum seekers as Scotland (and the rest of the UK) has an abundance of indigenous handout seekers.

The room service will be irrelevant as they'll all be phoning out for Dominos on the mobile phones we give them.

Amirite?

23 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The room service will be irrelevant as they'll all be phoning out for Dominos on the mobile phones we give them.

Amirite?

Surely their allocated personal assistant can do that for them?

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

If we’re going to bomb other countries and cause instability then we’re going to have to deal with the problems this causes. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If we’re going to bomb other countries and cause instability then we’re going to have to deal with the problems this causes. 

That’s a very pertinent post.

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

We also need to understand that being historically empirical means that English is the most widely spoken second language in the world. Who's stopping in France with all their oo la la zut alors pish when a language they understand is so close by?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That’s a very pertinent post.

And one thick racists are unable to comprehend.

WorldChampions1902
22 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

:oohmatron:

WorldChampions1902
11 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

And one thick racists are unable to comprehend.

Some of them do understand, which merely fuels their “Rule Britannia” addiction.

Jambo_jim2001

The folk you are speaking off come from Afghanistan,if the west never made a balls up getting out so fast  ,most would still over in their homeland.mostly due to the fact that they were employed in liaison with us they had no choice but to leave.

11 hours ago, Victorian said:

Immaturity,  aye?  I refer you to your own rant then.  

I find transparent hubris a bit... 

I did say I was sorry.  Not sure what else I can do. ;)

You should spend less time moaning at me and Macron, and more time thinking about the actual fash posting on this thread.  If, of course, you care about the people in the boats as much as you say you do.

10 hours ago, Victorian said:

Vicrorian IS proposing a solution actually.  The first part would be to close down and make the channel crossings redundant.  All from a viewpoint of removing the dangerous crossings from the equation in order to preserve life as the principle aim.  But secondary to that,  there would need to be negotiations and agreements for the UK to accept a fair share of the migrants.  

Yet you've already said it won't work, because of the bit in bold.  Proposing something that you know won't work isn't proposing a solution.  Who d'ya think you are, David Frost? :whistling:

3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I did say I was sorry.  Not sure what else I can do. ;)

You should spend less time moaning at me and Macron, and more time thinking about the actual fash posting on this thread.  If, of course, you care about the people in the boats as much as you say you do.

Yet you've already said it won't work, because of the bit in bold.  Proposing something that you know won't work isn't proposing a solution.  Who d'ya think you are, David Frost? :whistling:

True.  But that might be a solution.  Right now it seems far fetched to believe that this UK gvt will suddenly agree to a fairer distribution of asylum seekers.  It's not for me to say it wont work,  it's just that,  to me,  it seems unlikely.

A mostly left wing buddy of mine says let them in but they get no benefits or free hotels which you could argue is the current situation in the U.S but they also deport quickly without the HR lawyer appeals and do nothings we have in soft touch UK. In my book they should not be entertained on our coin because they paid a trafficker to drop them on our shore from France as it encourages millions more to try same. What is needed (aside from a pm with testicles) is a massive overhaul of the whole asylum industry, stripping it right down, plus robust deportation. This is long term, short term use emergency powers and employ the military and appropriate vessels to remove them back to the coast they departed from same day. Macron is going to squeal but let him. He sent them so he can have them back. 

A mostly left wing buddy of mine says let them in but they get no benefits or free hotels which you could argue is the current situation in the U.S but they also deport quickly without the HR lawyer appeals and do nothings we have in soft touch UK. In my book they should not be entertained on our coin because they paid a trafficker to drop them on our shore from France as it encourages millions more to try same. What is needed (aside from a pm with testicles) is a massive overhaul of the whole asylum industry, stripping it right down, plus robust deportation. This is long term, short term use emergency powers and employ the military and appropriate vessels to remove them back to the coast they departed from same day. Macron is going to squeal but let him. He sent them so he can have them back. 

😂😂😂😂 Oh wait, you're serious😳😳😳😳

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Yes.

The invasion of Iraq was just the start of the most recent madness. Under the guise of Saddam having WMDs, which the well respected UN weapon inspector said weren't there, in we go with no credible exit plan other than trying to expect people, of many tribal disputes and hatred, to all come together in a democratic wonderland. Arab Spring the western powers proudly called it. Not surprisingly, there were no WMDs. Plenty oil though.

Then comes the farce of Afghanistan, where yet again there is no exit plan other than a panic withdrawal. From what could be justified as an initial search for Bin Laden, and breaking up terrorist training camps, comes a shambles, which leaves the ordinary people with shattered lives. Then we wonder why there are so many refugees trying to come to this country.

As I recall, the French, amidst much criticism from the US and UK, refused to take part in the Iraq war. Now they're being criticised for not doing more to stop Iraqi refugees trying to cross the channel.

With all of the crowing and bluster of "taking back control of our borders" is it any surprise that the French are sticking two fingers up at Johnson and Patel?

9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Nothing will get done with the trolley in charge. I hate to use Dominic’s nickname for him but it’s appropriate. You are buying into the theatre of it all. The fact you haven’t used God bless you mam yet surprises me. This isn’t about left or right wing views it’s about common decency. Is there problems with letting in potentially pissed off people with the UK? Yes we’ve seen that recently but how on earth do you deal with people just looking to live a better life? 

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Nothing will get done with the trolley in charge. I hate to use Dominic’s nickname for him but it’s appropriate. You are buying into the theatre of it all. The fact you haven’t used God bless you mam yet surprises me. This isn’t about left or right wing views it’s about common decency. Is there problems with letting in potentially pissed off people with the UK? Yes we’ve seen that recently but how on earth do you deal with people just looking to live a better life? 

A number of them put up in a hotel in Wigan are harassing and filming local schoolgirls according to this report. Totally shocking and unacceptable. Wanting a better life is no grounds for asylum and access to our resources for free. 

https://www.wigantoday.net/news/mp-calls-for-wigan-hotel-to-stop-housing-asylum-seekers-after-incident-involving-schoolgirl-3391661

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Yes.

The invasion of Iraq was just the start of the most recent madness. Under the guise of Saddam having WMDs, which the well respected UN weapon inspector said weren't there, in we go with no credible exit plan other than trying to expect people, of many tribal disputes and hatred, to all come together in a democratic wonderland. Arab Spring the western powers proudly called it. Not surprisingly, there were no WMDs. Plenty oil though.

Then comes the farce of Afghanistan, where yet again there is no exit plan other than a panic withdrawal. From what could be justified as an initial search for Bin Laden, and breaking up terrorist training camps, comes a shambles, which leaves the ordinary people with shattered lives. Then we wonder why there are so many refugees trying to come to this country.

As I recall, the French, amidst much criticism from the US and UK, refused to take part in the Iraq war. Now they're being criticised for not doing more to stop Iraqi refugees trying to cross the channel.

With all of the crowing and bluster of "taking back control of our borders" is it any surprise that the French are sticking two fingers up at Johnson and Patel?

They are playing everyone with that Rule Britannia Empire shit. Look over there whilst we plunder everything we can while in office. 

I’m not just blaming the tories here either! That speech by warmonger Hilary Benn was shameful. 

Just now, JackLadd said:

A number of them put up in a hotel in Wigan are harassing and filming local schoolgirls according to this report. Totally shocking and unacceptable. Wanting a better life is no grounds for asylum and access to our resources for free. 

https://www.wigantoday.net/news/mp-calls-for-wigan-hotel-to-stop-housing-asylum-seekers-after-incident-involving-schoolgirl-3391661

I’ll admit I’m not comfortable with 57% of asylum seekers being males over the age of 18. I certainly have much more sympathy for families that try to make it here. 

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’ll admit I’m not comfortable with 57% of asylum seekers being males over the age of 18. I certainly have much more sympathy for families that try to make it here. 

You can bet it is way higher than that, they lie their heads off about being under 18. 

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

You can bet it is way higher than that, they lie their heads off about being under 18. 

I’m also not comfortable with denigrating a large percentage given that I would probably try to get here as well if I was them. 

The Real Maroonblood

Lying, must be listening to Johnson as a role model. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

I’m also not comfortable with denigrating a large percentage given that I would probably try to get here as well if I was them. 

They have broken into the country uninvited and think this equates to financial entitlement and leave to remain etc. It should equate to a free ride back to Calais. That is the bottom line. 

21 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

They have broken into the country uninvited and think this equates to financial entitlement and leave to remain etc. It should equate to a free ride back to Calais. That is the bottom line. 

I'll just get my pitchfork, when are we meeting up to invade France?

The Real Maroonblood
28 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

That's terrible them doing that.