Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The Good Law Project has another dozen+ Legal actions pending against this corrupt Junta. I wonder how many more cases the government loses before these corrupt politicians start resigning? Not holding my breath.

It’s mind blowing, day after day. 
This govt is off the charts corrupt and basically unsuitable for office yet will probably rule for at least another decade. 

095F60CF-61D4-4F59-80FF-A9CFC7890168.jpeg

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, inspector said:

Daft question. If it's the G7, why are there 9 people?

European Council and the EU are the other two unofficial members.

15 minutes ago, Cade said:

European Council and the EU are the other two unofficial members.

That would explain the other two. Thanks

BoJo the Clown banging on about how the EU are treating NI as different to the rest of the UK.

Well yes, ya dick. 

That's because of the GFA paradox.

GFA prohibits hard border on the island of Ireland.

Your bonkers Hard Brexit makes a hard border a legal necessity.

If you're now saying that you don't like the compromise Protocol which keeps NI in the Customs Union and has a border down the Irish sea, then where do you propose it goes?

There must be a border. 

But the only place it can go can't have a border.

So what do you do?

Either the entire UK re-joins the Customs Union, or your breach the GFA.

That's your choices.

Or you stop playing the tit and get on with the Protocol.

WorldChampions1902
9 minutes ago, Cade said:

BoJo the Clown banging on about how the EU are treating NI as different to the rest of the UK.

Well yes, ya dick. 

That's because of the GFA paradox.

GFA prohibits hard border on the island of Ireland.

Your bonkers Hard Brexit makes a hard border a legal necessity.

If you're now saying that you don't like the compromise Protocol which keeps NI in the Customs Union and has a border down the Irish sea, then where do you propose it goes?

There must be a border. 

But the only place it can go can't have a border.

So what do you do?

Either the entire UK re-joins the Customs Union, or your breach the GFA.

That's your choices.

Or you stop playing the tit and get on with the Protocol.

All part of the anti-EU rhetoric Bogjob’s fandan’s lap up.

He has painted himself into a corner without doubt. Clearly wants a shedload of concessions to make the NIP more “palatable”. Hopefully, the EU tells him to do one.

I loved Von Der Leyen’s comment that, “the Brexit Deal was written in English to ensure the English understood it”.

Seemingly Bogjob “got Brexit Done”.

Another lie, clearly.

The Mighty Thor
37 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I loved Von Der Leyen’s comment that, “the Brexit Deal was written in English to ensure the English understood it"

😂

53 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I loved Von Der Leyen’s comment that, “the Brexit Deal was written in English to ensure the English understood it”.

Aye that one was very pleasing.

The Mighty Thor

In related news Andrew Neil's news channel GB News launched this evening.

As the name suggests Gammon Broadcasting plays to its audience with full time spiv and Brexit conman Farage on tonight. 

So I just subtitled exactly, word for word, what Macron said about sovereignty and Johnson - and not the mangled version you might get in the UK media (or from certain UK politicians)

Boris et al exposed 

Edited by Boy Daniel

5 hours ago, Cade said:

Aye that one was very pleasing.

That and "you cannot blame the EU for your own incoherence".  Dearie, dearie me.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:
So I just subtitled exactly, word for word, what Macron said about sovereignty and Johnson - and not the mangled version you might get in the UK media (or from certain UK politicians)

Boris et al exposed 

It’s laid bare in that. People don’t want to believe it though. Johnson is an absolute cock. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
14 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

All part of the anti-EU rhetoric Bogjob’s fandan’s lap up.

He has painted himself into a corner without doubt. Clearly wants a shedload of concessions to make the NIP more “palatable”. Hopefully, the EU tells him to do one.

Seemingly Bogjob “got Brexit Done”.

Another lie, clearly.

I hope they replaced have with of, just so extremely thick people understand it.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

17 minutes ago, Cade said:

"What do we want?"

"WE DON'T KNOW!"

"When do we want it?"

"TWO WORLD WARS AND ONE WORLD CUP!"

Which the Russians won 2 for the English. 

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

FB_IMG_1623679761412.jpg

The Eton Mess called it, “a Titanic Deal” at the time and declared he had secured “a cake-ist Treaty”, i.e. we had our cake and eat it!

More lies, evidently.

HartleyLegend3

So excited for the quality new brexit deal.. yum yum 😋

20210615_173252.jpg

Edited by HartleyLegend3

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

20210615_173252.jpg

The hell is mulesing?

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The hell is mulesing?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulesing

Removing skin from around the bumhole so no wool grows there. Lessens the amount of muck that sheep usually have on their erses.

This isn't a nice wee surgical procedure, it's just grab a handful of skin and scissor it aff.

WorldChampions1902

The Federation of Wholesale Distributors whose members deliver food across the U.K. are now urging the government to instruct the army to make deliveries because of the shortage of HGV drivers. “Project Reality” just moved up a gear.

https://motortransport.co.uk/blog/2021/06/14/call-for-army-to-help-deliver-food-supplies-as-hgv-driver-shortage-deepens/?fbclid=IwAR3xNmAuob5w0PLkimmLQUF8s1_BgTPAgtSf7d3zikMyn7RKb_UPizpUv9s

They knew what they voted for………

Edited by WorldChampions1902

The Mighty Thor
16 hours ago, Smithee said:

Best thing I've seen online today was a comment about Tim Martin

1253156.jpg

"He looks like a homeless Thundercat"

typo surely?

16 hours ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

20210615_173252.jpg

I hate to think what concessions the Australians would have achieved if Liz Truss hadn't sat their negotiator on a hard chair.

So along with Australian farmers' advantage in climate and scale, we can now add lower animal welfare standards. This despite all the promises that there'd be no compromise on animal welfare in pursuit of trade deals.

The British farmers who voted for Brexit must be a wee bit rueful.

You'd think of anybody they'd understand the concept of you reap what you sow.

HartleyLegend3

The setback is being regarded by some diplomats as the result of waning international influence following the vote to leave the European Union.

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

ALL THE COURTS ARE FULL OF COMMIE WOKE BIASED SNOWFLAKES *ANYWAYS

WE DONT NEED THE LAW

* 😠

5 hours ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

The setback is being regarded by some diplomats as the result of waning international influence following the vote to leave the European Union.

More likely down to having Boris Johnson as PM 

6 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

I hate to think what concessions the Australians would have achieved if Liz Truss hadn't sat their negotiator on a hard chair.

So along with Australian farmers' advantage in climate and scale, we can now add lower animal welfare standards. This despite all the promises that there'd be no compromise on animal welfare in pursuit of trade deals.

The British farmers who voted for Brexit must be a wee bit rueful.

You'd think of anybody they'd understand the concept of you reap what you sow.

Ultimately if they do export this produce to us we only then by British or from sources that follow these rules. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Ultimately if they do export this produce to us we only then by British or from sources that follow these rules. 

That's nice in theory but for the millions who have to buy the cheapest they can it's just not an option

WorldChampions1902
5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

If only it were that simple. Here’s a wee example.

Local Authorities purchase huge amounts of food for establishments such as schools etc. Given how tight their budgets are, will they buy British lamb and beef, or the cheaper hormone injected, cruelly reared Australian alternatives? Which means our kids will be eating this c**p with all the associated negative impact on their health it will bring. Which means in later life, many will become a drain on the NHS because of consuming this c**p. And the cost of treating them?? We’ll pick up the tab for that too.

Brexit……the gift that keeps on taking.

Just now, Smithee said:

That's nice in theory but for the millions who have to buy the cheapest they can it's just not an option

I understand that. We have to try though. 
I would imagine it’s going to be difficult for Australia to physically export this produce in big enough quantities enough produce to make it financially viable. I don’t know though it’s only a guess on my part. I know Australia has great difficulty exporting live sheep to the Middle East on ships to meet the Halal requirements. Many ships were sent back or turned because of scrapie. I think they eventually agreed to follow Halal rules for slaughter then export after that. 

Anyway if the Tories have anything to do with it we will be the losers. 

1 minute ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

If only it were that simple. Here’s a wee example.

Local Authorities purchase huge amounts of food for establishments such as schools etc. Given how tight their budgets are, will they buy British lamb and beef, or the cheaper hormone injected, cruelly reared Australian alternatives? Which means our kids will be eating this c**p with all the associated negative impact on their health it will bring. Which means in later life, many will become a drain on the NHS because of consuming this c**p. And the cost of treating them?? We’ll pick up the tab for that too.

Brexit……the gift that keeps on taking.

It was an utopian dream on my part. I live in hope😁

The problem you get is that some of the imported meat will go into pre-prepared foods that don't label where their ingredients come from.

Hard to "shop british" when your steak pie/sausage roll is full of auzzie meat with no labelling.

Supermarkets are already pushing the envelope with "PACKAGED in the UK" being a common phrase. So, foreign meat imported then simply packaged here and sold as British.

Edited by Cade

3 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

As has been said unless meat is labelled you can't make an informed choice. 

Apart from that, this is the first real trade deal that wasn't just a rollover of the previous EU deal with a few commas and full stops shuffled around. The USA, Canada, New Zealand, Brazil, Argentina etc, will have taken note of the tariff free access for Australian food, and are unlikely to settle for an inferior deal when their turn comes.

As well as the economic damage caused by letting British agriculture wither on the vine, I don't think it's a great strategy to rely too heavily on imported food in an uncertain world.

Governor Tarkin
12 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

don't think it's a great strategy to rely too heavily on imported food in an uncertain world.

:spoton:

Likewise the raw materials for energy production, fabrication, manufacturing, etc.

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Likewise the raw materials for energy production, fabrication, manufacturing, etc.

Which is probably good we have brexit. Oh wait, cheap rubbish from Australia and The US.

This boycotting pish. People will buy what they can afford, boycotting ain't an option if you're skint. And I've been skint, really skint that I wish I could have shopped in Aldi. Thank feck for the Bank of Maw. 

Edited by ri Alban

Governor Tarkin
26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

This boycotting pish. People will buy what they can afford, boycotting ain't an option if you're skint. And I've been skint, really skint that I wish I could have shopped in Aldi. Thank feck for the Bank of Maw. 

Yes they will. Most of us have been there and know exactly how much of a struggle it is. When I was a student in my 30's I mind pawning half of the stuff in my house so I could meet the mortgage and feed myself.

My opinion of Brexit hasn't changed since the referendum was first mooted by that swine Cameron.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

that's a long term problem that pre-dates the Brexit shit-show.

When you have no manufacturing base then you're always behind the 8-ball globally and at the mercy of price fluctuations. 

I'm in construction services and anything from outside the UK is more expensive and on long lead times and anything in the UK is at a huge premium, if you can get it.

I can see pain on the horizon for the construction sector as steel, wood, concrete etc are in very short supply. 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

that's a long term problem that pre-dates the Brexit shit-show.

When you have no manufacturing base then you're always behind the 8-ball globally and at the mercy of price fluctuations. 

I'm in construction services and anything from outside the UK is more expensive and on long lead times and anything in the UK is at a huge premium, if you can get it.

I can see pain on the horizon for the construction sector as steel, wood, concrete etc are in very short supply. 

Of course it does, and I've complained about it on here many times over the years.

Negligence on the part of successive governments to secure a domestic supply of strategic materials, services, and capacity.

I'm not in construction any more but I still get involved in the odd small project when I need a wee cash boost.

Do you think the current supply and cost issues are here for the medium to longer term?

The Mighty Thor
13 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Of course it does, and I've complained about it on here many times over the years.

Negligence on the part of successive governments to secure a domestic supply of strategic materials, services, and capacity.

I'm not in construction any more but I still get involved in the odd small project when I need a wee cash boost.

Do you think the current supply and cost issues are here for the medium to longer term?

I think its more a short to medium term issue TBH.

I do think things won't come back down in price that's for sure, but the real killer at the moment is lead times. 9-12 weeks for basic kit. 

I have no doubts there's a huge element of suppliers ripping the arse out of things and profiteering too. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think its more a short to medium term issue TBH.

I do think things won't come back down in price that's for sure, but the real killer at the moment is lead times. 9-12 weeks for basic kit. 

I have no doubts there's a huge element of suppliers ripping the arse out of things and profiteering too. 

I got the last dozen bags of postcrete in the Lothians a couple of weeks ago for a job I was doing, half the amount I needed, but that was it. Zip.

Had to scavenge half blown bags that mates had lying around.

I was hoping the price of timber would drop by the middle of next year, as my ex-council house attic needs a lot of structural upgrading for a conversion.

Suppliers are in the profit game, though, so you can understand them ripping the pish a bit, especially when demand is so high.

Edited by Governor Tarkin