Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Can't believe Truss actually released an excited presser about this.

We're paying 80% more than we did before Brexit.

Not exactly shout it from the rooftops stuff.

But they're desperate to be seen to be doing something and signing any kind of deal.

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye cause Scotland would be a big European super power :rofl:

We're a shitey wee northern part of the United Kingdom. Get used to it :thumbsup:

**** me...
That's what you think of your country? Quisling doesn't come close to describing you.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Scotland has invented most things that are worth inventing. 

Not bad for a shitey colony😂

Yip Barney I know Telephone, television, tarmac, penicillin, just about everything worth inventing.

Proud Scot and a proud Brit 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

**** me...
That's what you think of your country? Quisling doesn't come close to describing you.

Not at all.  Proud of where I come from. Cringing who is running the country.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

So why describe your own country as a shitey bit of north Britain?

Ps. You forgot radar, the Bank of England, chloroform, steam engine, tyres and many many more. 

Have a bit of respect for yourself and your country man. 

The US navy, tartan dolls in tubes, the syringe, the theory of electromagnetism, tubular steel, wire rope.

Scotland's epic.

10 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Exactly. Scotland is and always has been rammed with talent. The building of the great Michael is my particular favourite (with apologies to trees it took to build😂). 

Combine that with our work ethic, natural resources and that why we always have and always will punch above our weight. 

Too wee, too stupid is quite simply project fear shiting it that the bit of the UK that counts might leave. 

Oil will last a good few decades but renewables will outpace that. 

That’s why I never get the answer to a question I’ve asked for years. 

‘If Scotland is a financial burden on the UK/England, why are they so desperate to keep us?’  

Maybe because of the damage to the UK "brand"? Or they see Scotland leaving 

as a threat to the stability of the rest of the UK, the first step in all the countries leaving? I think Westminster realise that the UK splitting up would absolutely destroy what little global influence and prestige it has left. I'm not saying that they do bankroll us but it's not beyond the realms of imagination that if it's only costing them £30 million a year to keep us, it's probably worth it compared to the reputational damage of a broken UK. 

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, Norm said:

Maybe because of the damage to the UK "brand"? Or they see Scotland leaving 

as a threat to the stability of the rest of the UK, the first step in all the countries leaving? I think Westminster realise that the UK splitting up would absolutely destroy what little global influence and prestige it has left. I'm not saying that they do bankroll us but it's not beyond the realms of imagination that if it's only costing them £30 million a year to keep us, it's probably worth it compared to the reputational damage of a broken UK. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9582465/amp/GAVIN-ESLER-Wake-England-Nicola-Sturgeon-allowed-dominate-debate.html

19 hours ago, Cade said:

Behave, you lot.

Liechtenstein is the world's largest exporter of false teeth.

They are a vital resource and it's great that the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland has secured easy access to all them nashers.

:look:

Scottish people ridiculing Luxembourg. At least they're telt by someone else. 

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Scottish people ridiculing Luxembourg. At least they're telt by someone else. 

Hopefully most Scottish folk are able to tell the difference between Liechtenstein and Luxembourg, although admittedly they do both start with an L. ;)

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Hopefully most Scottish folk are able to tell the difference between Liechtenstein and Luxembourg, although admittedly they do both start with an L. ;)

🤣 *****(me) But point still stands. We've no right to mock any nation. 

The Mighty Thor

New 'you couldn't make it up' narrative from the lying party that the Northern Ireland Protocol is 'far more complicated than anyone could have envisaged'.

Really?

I remember the sexually incontinent haystack telling NI traders to phone him if anyone asked them for customs declarations.

Governor Tarkin
On 05/06/2021 at 00:20, BarneyBattles said:

Combine that with our work ethic, natural resources and that why we always have and always will punch above our weight. 

Dat Protestant work ethic...

:greggy:

"Throw your customs paperwork in the bin, and tell them I said so"

-Alexander DePfeffel Johnson

Loving that they've been banging on about "total freedom" and being "right out of it" but are now desperate to extend the grace periods that lead to being "right out of it".

:interehjrling:

It's almost as if reality is crashing down on them and they're realising what "3rd nation" means.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Look at this nonce! That’s brexit right there. 

9408B849-74BA-4BC0-98DF-88B756360758.jpeg

:lol:

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:lol:

If he doesn’t turn out to be a real wrong un I’ll be amazed :lol: it’s absolutely ripping out him! 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

If he doesn’t turn out to be a real wrong un I’ll be amazed :lol: it’s absolutely ripping out him! 

He certainly scary looking.

3 hours ago, Cade said:

It's almost as if reality is crashing down on them and they're realising what "3rd nation" means.

The problem with that is We Suffer. They couldn’t give stuff because they have got that much money it’s coming out of their collective orifices 

46 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

And that guff of ersehole is in charge! 😂

Edited by Boy Daniel
Children beware!!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I wonder what he asks for in the butcher's?

The wheels are coming off!

The EU will “suspend” parts of the Brexit trade agreement unless the UK ends its refusal to implement the Northern Ireland Protocol, Boris Johnson has been warned.

Speaking after talks failed to achieve a breakthrough, Maros Sefcovic, the European Commission vice-president, warned that “patience is wearing very, very thin”.

Brussels is ready to slap tariffs and quotas on UK exports, he said – and even to “suspend cooperation in certain sectors”, pointing to deals on trade and services.

Mr Sefcovic laid bare his frustration after the UK failed to shift ground in the morning talks.

David Frost, the Brexit minister, described the result as “no breakthroughs and no breakdown”.

Crucially, he failed to rule out the UK unilaterally delaying the ban on the export of chilled meats from Great Britain – due to come in at the end of this month – the “sausage wars”.

Speaking hours after the talks, Mr Johnson insisted that he was “not worried” that this week’s G7 summit in Cornwall will be overshadowed by the threat of trade war with Brussels, insisting he was “very, very optimistic” that a solution was “easily do-able”.

But he gave no indication of any shift in position in response to Wednesday’s deadlock, saying only that he wanted a solution “that protects the peace process but also guarantees the economic and territorial integrity of the whole United Kingdom”.

The commission vice-president warned that, if further unilateral action is taken, the EU would react “swiftly, firmly and resolutely” to ensure the UK sticks to the protocol it agreed and signed.

“The UK has to abide by its legal obligations and perform these controls,” Mr Sefcovic told a press conference in London.

“Unfortunately, there are still numerous and fundamental gaps in the UK implementation of our agreement. These gaps need to be filled.”

The legal action the EU has already started over the UK shelving earlier promised checks would end up in the European Court of Justice, with the case likely “in early autumn”.

In an interview after the meeting, Lord Frost hit out at Brussels, saying: “What the EU is insisting on is we should operate the protocol in an extremely purist way.

“The reality is that it’s a very balanced document that’s designed to support the peace process and deal with the very sensitive politics in Northern Ireland.”

But Mr Sefcovic insisted the EU was ready to compromise, over the supply of medicines, VAT on second-hand cars, livestock movements and steel tariffs and “many other examples”.

“But we cannot undo the core of the protocol,” he warned, threatening “cross-retaliation” measures that would undo the zero-tariff, zero-quota deal the UK secured at Christmas.

Asked what part of the Brexit deal would be suspended, Mr Sefcovic pointed to “trade parts, services part” and “other measures”, but added: “I wouldn’t specify them right now.

“We really do not have the menu. We didn’t come here to tell them we are going to do this and that precisely, we just told them there is such a possibility – let’s avoid this.”

However, the vice-president said it was “not true” that the EU is discussing an emergency plan to restrict Ireland’s access to the single market to solve the crisis, as reported.

Asked if he hoped for “an intervention from Joe Biden” when the US president arrives at the G7 summit, he pointed out that the administration was “following this very closely”.

Ahead of a face-to-face meeting with Mr Johnson in Cornwall, Mr Biden’s national security adviser said his message would be the need to protect the peace process.

“Whatever way they find to proceed must, at its core, fundamentally protect the gains of the Good Friday Agreement and not imperil that. And that is the message that President Biden will send when he is in Cornwall,” Jake Sullivan said.

The new leader of the Democratic Unionist Party repeated his call for the protocol to be scrapped in the absence of a breakthrough. “The protocol has failed and has only delivered instability and higher prices for Northern Ireland,” said Edwin Poots, who is due to meet Mr Sefcovic next week.

“It is time to remove the internal UK barriers rather than talking about the outworkings of those barriers.

“If Brussels is deaf to the problems, then our own government must act unilaterally to protect Northern Ireland.”

The former head of the government’s Department for Exiting the EU said Mr Johnson’s attempt to play tough with Brussels was “short-sighted and risky”.

Ex-Whitehall mandarin Philip Rycroft told Times Radio the spat over sausages “absolutely” had the potential to damage the UK’s reputation at a time when Brexit means it is dependent on winning trust as a reliable international partner. Other countries will be watching the row “very, very carefully”, he said.

Mr Rycroft said the UK’s position should be taken “with a large dose of salt”, adding: “The UK side knew exactly what rules would apply as it signed up to the Northern Irish protocol. It’s now a question of making it work.”

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Lord Frost hit out at Brussels, saying: “What the EU is insisting on is we should operate the protocol in an extremely purist way.

“The reality is that it’s a very balanced document that’s designed to support the peace process and deal with the very sensitive politics in Northern Ireland.”

The EU expecting the UK to stick by the terms of its own 'oven ready deal'?

The fact that the Tories have the fecking audacity to tie their greed driven shit show to the NI peace process really lays bare the lows this mob will slither to.  

They get away with their snake oil salesmen tactics here in the UK but the EU are wise to them. They won’t put up with it and will if needs be punish the UK and ultimately us. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

UK is going to get ragdolled at the G7

As the UK does it's ongoing impression of a clown running across a minefield, it's beyond me how's there's still people who give it "yeah but Scotland might **** up"

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Screenshot-20210609-211159.jpg

It’s all to do with this US deal. Importing of their shan meat but the UK govt wants to make silly headlines about it. 

What a ***** of a man :lol: 

All of Britain should have a riddy. 
What’s krankie aw aboot tho likes :rofl:

The rest of the world will be beating a path to Global Britain's door to get their hands on one of these trade deals that aren't worth the paper they're written on.

jack D and coke
Just now, fancy a brew said:

The rest of the world will be beating a path to Global Britain's door to get their hands on one of these trade deals that aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Rule Brittania🇬🇧
Ten German Bombers🇬🇧
GSTQ🇬🇧
What else do we need??

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s all to do with this US deal. Importing of their shan meat but the UK govt wants to make silly headlines about it. 

What a ***** of a man :lol: 

All of Britain should have a riddy. 
What’s krankie aw aboot tho likes :rofl:

All laughing and joking aside, the EU has three grades of connection with the rest of the world on food products.  One is "almost all green light".  The other two are mostly amber and red, and only distinguished by how bad the paperwork is.  Norway, Switzerland, Iceland and Liechtenstein are in Group 1.  New Zealand is in group 2.  The UK is in - wait for it - group 3.  The NI protocol allows certain items to be treated as Group 1, some as Group 2, and a smaller number as Group 3.  The EU repeatedly offered the UK a deal to get everything into Group 1.  When the UK repeatedly turned that down, with the help of the DUP in NI, the EU repeatedly offered the UK a deal to get NI into Group 1.  The UK repeatedly turned that down as well, and guess which NI party supported them throughout.  The Tories and the DUP new the risks, and knew exactly what they were doing.

jack D and coke
Just now, Ulysses said:

All laughing and joking aside, the EU has three grades of connection with the rest of the world on food products.  One is "almost all green light".  The other two are mostly amber and red, and only distinguished by how bad the paperwork is.  Norway, Switzerland, Iceland and Liechtenstein are in Group 1.  New Zealand is in group 2.  The UK is in - wait for it - group 3.  The NI protocol allows certain items to be treated as Group 1, some as Group 2, and a smaller number as Group 3.  The EU repeatedly offered the UK a deal to get everything into Group 1.  When the UK repeatedly turned that down, with the help of the DUP in NI, the EU repeatedly offered the UK a deal to get NI into Group 1.  The UK repeatedly turned that down as well, and guess which NI party supported them throughout.  The Tories and the DUP new the risks, and knew exactly what they were doing.

I’m not as clued up as you bud...

But...this is the brexit we were warned about. 
By the same token I accept the result and we have to make do. 
Johnson, Gove, Rees Mogg et all need flogged. Publicly man. 

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not as clued up as you bud...

But...this is the brexit we were warned about. 
By the same token I accept the result and we have to make do. 
Johnson, Gove, Rees Mogg et all need flogged. Publicly man. 

The problem is that these people need to own it.  Whoever gains from this Brexit escapade, it won't be Northern Irish farmers, Scottish workers, Welsh shoppers or English lorry drivers.

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

The problem is that these people need to own it.  Whoever gains from this Brexit escapade, it won't be Northern Irish farmers, Scottish workers, Welsh shoppers or English lorry drivers.

I started from a pro brexit position but as it went on and the more I understood (or at least tried to understand) what it all meant I backed away. It’s just mental imo...
I have no idea who benefits from brexit at all. Hopefully down the line we will see something but it seems insane to me. Absolutely mugged off we’ve been. 

In other EU news.....

The EU is taking the EU to the European Court of Justice :rofl:

The European Parliament has voted to sue the European Commission for failing to trigger sanctions against Poland and Hungary linked to the far-right governments of those two nations openly attacking democracy and the rule of law.

5 hours ago, Cade said:

In other EU news.....

The EU is taking the EU to the European Court of Justice :rofl:

The European Parliament has voted to sue the European Commission for failing to trigger sanctions against Poland and Hungary linked to the far-right governments of those two nations openly attacking democracy and the rule of law.

The Parliament wants the Commission to implement a specific regulation.  The Commission says there's a delay for technical reasons, but the Parliament doesn't accept that. The Parliament can't direct the Commission, but the ECJ can.  The Parliament has the right to take a case to the ECJ to get it to direct the Commission, and it has told the Commission it intends to do that.  It's a direct example of the EU's directly elected Parliament using the EU treaties to get the non-elected Commission to uphold democracy and the rule of law.  Not a bad thing, IMO - and a lot more productive than shouting about sausages.  :whistling:

Exactly.

This is a good thing.

Democracy in action.

The thinking is that the Commission delayed things until AFTER the EU budget (including Covid recovery) was passed.

Poland and Hungary had previously threatened to veto the budget.

At least this way, it's the entire EU coming down on the two heidbam nations; so they can't just moan at the Commission being biased against them.

Bit of a masterstroke, really.

Edited by Cade

8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

That 600k of ref2 donation money lost down the back of Sturgeon's sofa showed up yet?

Decent effort.

If you'd chucked in a reference to Sturgeon's memory I would've had a full house. :sad:

3 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Decent effort.

If you'd chucked in a reference to Sturgeon's memory I would've had a full house. :sad:

What memory?

6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

What memory?

:isee:

But as this is the Brexit thread  this discussion is better left for elsewhere.

WorldChampions1902
32 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

:spoton:

The UK will be a better place now that corruption has been repatriated.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/michael-gove-coronavirus-contract-dominic-cummings-b1862426.html

The Good Law Project has another dozen+ Legal actions pending against this corrupt Junta. I wonder how many more cases the government loses before these corrupt politicians start resigning? Not holding my breath.

9 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The Good Law Project has another dozen+ Legal actions pending against this corrupt Junta. I wonder how many more cases the government loses before these corrupt politicians start resigning? Not holding my breath.

Sadly it doesn't seem to matter what they do, as long as they keep waving their Union Jacks around their base is happy.

I heard yesterday that all army vehicles landing in NI from the UK have to be hosed down and free of earth etc. 
This is the Brexit we were told about about where transport from mainland UK needs to be clean before it arrives in the UK. 

:seethe:

4838.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=form

Look at the nick of our glorious leader.

A total shambles.
Looks more and more like Benny Hill with each passing day.