Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, sadj said:

Tesco are reporting issues apparently (unless it was just the article i read - it didnt specify just said they have reported issues) , the Scottish seafood sector is greeting big time. Lots of fresh fish being wasted as poor info and ref tape is stopping lorries leaving Scotland. 

Did you see something about Tesco in GB or here?  I haven't seen anything about Tesco here, which would make sense because they have very little by way of GB stock, particularly in their food aisles.

9 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Did you see something about Tesco in GB or here?  I haven't seen anything about Tesco here, which would make sense because they have very little by way of GB stock, particularly in their food aisles.

Just the article above Uly , its from STV news 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

29 minutes ago, sadj said:

Just the article above Uly , its from STV news 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Yep, just saw that after I posted.  I wonder what the problems are, because there aren't any reports here.

In fairness, the reports we're seeing relate to companies (like M&S and Sainsbury's) with stronger GB supply lines.  I find Tesco stores in the UK to be a strange and alien experience, because for the most part their lines are completely different to what they sell here.  Their NI stores seem to be some kind of hybrid.

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Weird.  In that hat, he looks a bit like a slimmer version of...

the-fat-controller.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1

If only

jack D and coke

I’d ordered some headphones the other day not thinking about brexit and got charged an import tax but I’ve received an email saying to contact them and they’ll refund the money. Personally I think most companies and countries even won’t want this nonsense, it makes no sense to punish each other.

I’d like to hope so anyway and we can all move on. 

11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’d ordered some headphones the other day not thinking about brexit and got charged an import tax but I’ve received an email saying to contact them and they’ll refund the money. Personally I think most companies and countries even won’t want this nonsense, it makes no sense to punish each other.

I’d like to hope so anyway and we can all move on. 

Some of the companies are putting on delivery charges in case they're required to cover customs costs.  In some cases they're needed, but in others they might not be.  For example, if I buy certain products from UK suppliers, there's no duty if the product is being shipped to me from the UK.  But if they're using a warehouse in (say) China or India, there is duty.  In other cases, there will be duty if the product is shipped to me from within the EU, even Ireland.  Why?  Because it's a UK duty on a product being "sent into" the UK before being sent back out to me.  A company may not know for sure when to charge and when not to, so they'll charge anyway just to be on the safe side.  Some of the issues will be ironed out or will settle down as companies get their act together, and I suspect IT systems are still being tweaked and will be for a while.

But other issues won't be fixed, and they shouldn't be fixed.  There are real barriers to trade, because there have to be.  The UK is out of the EU, so it has lost some access to our markets and we've lost some access to the UK market.  That's not "nonsense", not is it "punishment".  It's a logical, legitimate and reasonable effect of the UK's democratic decision to take back control of its laws, its borders and its money.  The EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement has eliminated a lot of the losses, but not all.

The Mighty Thor
9 hours ago, Ulysses said:

M&S have empty shelves in Paris, Dublin and Belfast.  The problems seem to be with their grocery lines rather than clothes.

Sainsbury stores in NI replaced some of their branded stock with Spar-branded stock sourced in the Irish Republic.

Tesco, Lidl and Aldi reporting no (or very few) problems, but that's because their stores here source very little stock from GB. 

Here's a list of goods that have country of origin issues currently unavailable in M&S Northern Ireland 

20210109_070909.jpg

EU shipment disruption hits Scottish seafood sector

Industry warns of risk of business collapses and asks for government help

Scottish seafood industry groups on Friday demanded urgent assistance from the UK government after complaining of serious disruption to EU shipments over the past week that raised fears about the survival of some exporters.

. . .

“Confusion over paperwork, the extra documentation needed and IT problems have all contributed to delays and hold-ups,” said the groups in a joint statement.

---

"Pant wetters"...wasn't that the term we kept hearing?

The Mighty Thor
16 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Chickens coming home to roost for the Brexiteers. 
They really have stuffed it up. 

Sadly its not just the Brexiteers who suffer though. 

They've stuffed it for all of us. For many years to come.  

WorldChampions1902
3 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Chickens coming home to roost for the Brexiteers. 
They really have stuffed it up. 

Brexiteers have now moved on to “airbrushing history” mode. We heard all about the £350 million extra a week for the NHS, Rees-Mogg’s declaration that food, clothing and shoes would be cheaper, as well as the bountiful supplies of fish resulting from taking back full control of our fishing waters etc.etc. These promises offered financial benefits to voters that (wanted to) believed them but they were of course lies.

So, now we have people like high profile Brexiteer Baroness Claire Fox this week, scolding people for criticising Brexit because they were looking at it quote “through the prism of GDP”. That’s right, she is now trying to imply that there were no financial benefits. 

As we're now in “Project Reality”, Brexiteer airbrushing will gather apace. It’s important we set the record straight at every opportunity.

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

As we're now in “Project Reality”, Brexiteer airbrushing will gather apace. It’s important we set the record straight at every opportunity.

And they're doing everything to make that as difficult as possible. Rees-Mogg has  terminated the Commons committee that's been scrutinising Brexit. No oversight, no review, no accountability, no reckoning, one way or the other, of the effects of Brexit. At least not from Westminster.

4 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

It’s important we set the record straight at every opportunity.

We will be! 
In the coming months the stark reality of the folly of Brexit will be palpable to the masses. They will not be very forgiving to the Baroness, Johnson, Farage et al. 

manaliveits105

Ach well it fills some folks day scanning the inter web for negative brexit stories

alternatively we could just accept we are where we are and move on now to make Britain Great 

WorldChampions1902
49 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ach well it fills some folks day scanning the inter web for negative brexit stories

alternatively we could just accept we are where we are and move on now to make Britain Great 

alternatively we could just accept we are where we are and move on now to make England Great.

FTFY

16 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Here's a list of goods that have country of origin issues currently unavailable in M&S Northern Ireland 

20210109_070909.jpg

Sauce?  I mean, source?

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Leaving aside the spelling booboo in the headline, here we have your Road Haulage Association saying that the NI-GB supply chain is at risk of collapse, while your Minister for the Cabinet Office says that the movement of goods between NI and GB will get worse before it gets better.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0109/1188685-northern-ireland-britian-supply-chain-brexit/

Edited by Ulysses

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I'm with the 'get on with what life presents. Moaners are a real drain. 

The sooner fish producers for example give up and retrain say as care workers or something else useful the better. 

Lots of entitled people expecting the world to make it easier for them. 

These people you mean I guess

Konrad von Carstein
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I had you on ignore because, well, idiot, but it was pointless due to people quoting (laughing at) you,

You seem to be blissfully unaware of the difficulties brexit is causing nationwide, and you don't seem know the meaning of "Great Britain" going by the above, in short, you are a troll, a very, VERY, bad troll...I'm almost sad for you...

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Sauce?  I mean, source?

I've tried to find it again. It was a journo on twitter in an article about how one ingredient could impact the country of origin status of a product, hence the list of stuff you're not getting in Norn Iron 

I'll keep digging. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I had you on ignore because, well, idiot, but it was pointless due to people quoting (laughing at) you,

You seem to be blissfully unaware of the difficulties brexit is causing nationwide, and you don't seem know the meaning of "Great Britain" going by the above, in short, you are a troll, a very, VERY, bad troll...I'm almost sad for you...

:greatpost:

The government is considering allowing gene editing, which if approved would cause problems exporting food to the EU where it's very tightly controlled.

Sunlight uplands. 🌞

PUSH-ME-PULL-YOU-IMAGE-OF-LLAMAS.png

10 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I've tried to find it again. It was a journo on twitter in an article about how one ingredient could impact the country of origin status of a product, hence the list of stuff you're not getting in Norn Iron 

I'll keep digging. 

My post was also a bad pun, by the way. :embarassed:  :runaway: 

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Does anyone happen to know what the UK VAT rate on sex arses is?

Asking for a friend, obvs.

Some Bacardi Breezers and a kebeb usually. 

51 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Some Bacardi Breezers and a kebeb usually. 

Didnt realise you were willing to pay that much😉

32 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Didnt realise you were willing to pay that much😉

😅 I'd push the boat out for the right slapper!!!

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

😅 I'd push the boat out for the right slapper!!!

Ulysses's luck is in then🤣

23 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Leaving aside the spelling booboo in the headline, here we have your Road Haulage Association saying that the NI-GB supply chain is at risk of collapse, while your Minister for the Cabinet Office says that the movement of goods between NI and GB will get worse before it gets better.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0109/1188685-northern-ireland-britian-supply-chain-brexit/

Out of interest, do all the big supermarkets in NI have warehouses in the RoI   ?   Would it seem feasible (or likely)  that they'll start supplying their NI warehouses from RoI warehouses ?   

If the logistics of shipping from UK to NI remain problematic  for another few weeks, you'd think supermarkets  wouldn't put up with it and  find other solutions.   

So all companies from the EU exporting to the UK have 6 months to get everything bedded in and UK companies don't. 

I matters not what way you voted, that's a fecking incredible piece of stupidity from Boris' negotiating team. 

WorldChampions1902

The fine detail of our “cake and eat it” Brexit Deal continues to seep out. Given that Scotland lands 60% of the UKs fish, this table is damning. Taking Back Control?

ED206439-1EDA-4A38-A7C9-A8C051E8A01A.jpeg

4 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Now that its all done and dusted we need more negative brexit stories imo 

But it clearly isn't done and dusted!

Do you have a positive story you'd like to add?

The Real Maroonblood
55 minutes ago, kila said:

:lol:

23 minutes ago, Cade said:

:rofl:Getting yer “Cheese n Ham piece” stolen at customs. 

“Welcome to Brexit” :lol:

(Canny mind o seeing that on a side of a bus).

Edited by Pans Jambo

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, kila said:

Pounds up slightly again :greggy:

2 hours ago, Cade said:

We have no idea what we have done! 31st December cheese and ham sandwich no problem. 1st January big problem. 
In one respect I feel sorry for the voters who voted leave they were lied to by the likes of Gove, Johnson the ERG and Farage. 
I do suspect that there will be a movement to rejoin once the reality begins to bight home that they were lied to big time. 

More Brexit dividend 🙂
Turns out the Devil is in the detail rather than the side of a bus ...

"SKY has stripped all UK customers of their ability to stream or download shows from UK terrestrial channels or on-demand boxsets when abroad in the European Union. The feature - a longtime staple of the hugely-popular Sky Go app - is due to the change in relationship between the UK and the EU, following the implementation of the Brexit referendum on January 1, 2021."

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1378630/Sky-TV-Customers-Sky-Go-Unable-To-Access-From-Europe-Cant-Stream-Not-Working-Brexit-UK