• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, they are now going to vote on parts of the deal ?

They’re taking the piss and they are shitting themselves that the electorate might tell them to ram it.

By that, I mean continuing to vote....on anything !

Let’s see !

It can be credibly argued that separation of the WA and PD and voting on the WA only will make no difference from voting on the whole thing.     The PD is a non-binding document and it can be argued that whoever deals with the process after we have left could quite easily scrap whatever PD deal has passed through parliament.

Vote the whole thing through... new Brexiteer PM changes the nature of the future relationship negotiations anyway.     Vote through the WA on it's own and the new Brexiteer PM follows their own plan.

One is a notionally agreed path.    One a blind Brexit.     But arguably no difference.

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

It's you who has been insulting others.    Probably because of your flimsy grasp of what you're attempting to discuss.    Tough one for ye.

Unbelievable deduction bum face

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

It's you who has been insulting others.    Probably because of your flimsy grasp of what you're attempting to discuss.    Tough one for ye.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

So, they are now going to vote on parts of the deal ?

They’re taking the piss and they are shitting themselves that the electorate might tell them to ram it.

By that, I mean continuing to vote....on anything !

Let’s see !

Lets be honest, no matter if you want to stay or go, would you trust any of these charlatans to run the country ever again. Self serving *******s all of them!

AlphonseCapone
40 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

:rofl: what a knob you've been today. 

Jambo-Jimbo

TBH I don't really think Bercow had much of a choice but allow another vote to take place tomorrow.

The EU only allowed an extension on the proviso that the WA was brought back to & voted on by Parliament by 11pm tomorrow night.

Bercow wouldn't want to be seen as the one who wouldn't allow a final chance & opportunity for a vote on the WA to take place, no, much better to let the deal fail on it's own by not getting enough votes, that way no blame can be laid at his door.

Francis Albert

I have never really understood the separation of the non-binding"Political Declaration" on the future trading relationship from the binding "Transition Agreement". Surely the more logical order would be to agree first what you are transitioning towards then agree the transition process. What happens if the Transition Agreement is put in place (which is the only binding commitment we are discussing at present) if either side reneges on the fuzzy warn words of the Political Declaration or agreement on the future trading relationship is simply not reached?

The whole process seems arse about tit to me.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I have never really understood the separation of the non-binding"Political Declaration" on the future trading relationship from the binding "Transition Agreement". Surely the more logical order would be to agree first what you are transitioning towards then agree the transition process. What happens if the Transition Agreement is put in place (which is the only binding commitment we are discussing at present) if either side reneges on the fuzzy warn words of the Political Declaration or agreement on the future trading relationship is simply not reached?

The whole process seems arse about tit to me.

Erm... no deal agreed in time + Irish border backstop.    What Brexit have you been watching?

Unknown user
Just now, Cade said:

Horror of horrors, Boris and Moggy are planning to run together with Boris as #1 and Moggy as deputy.

:sob:

Somewhere, the upper echelons of the SNP rub their hands.

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

Horror of horrors, Boris and Moggy are planning to run together with Boris as #1 and Moggy as deputy.

:DNow I know I am definitely living in some sort of Truman Show soap opera. Season 8, so the directors are getting desperate to create scenarios that are crazy enough to keep the audience watching.

Cruyff Turn
11 minutes ago, Cade said:

Fantastic, please let it happen.

As Smithee says, 

31 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's the Dream Team to take on the elites! Floreat Eton ?

Would the Tories be self destructive enough to vote in that cretin?      Hopefully.     It would be a revolving door in cabinet.      My money is on Jeremy Hunt.      

Cruyff Turn
13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Would the Tories be self destructive enough to vote in that cretin?      Hopefully.     It would be a revolving door in cabinet.      My money is on Jeremy Hunt.      

Tory MP’s vote in the rounds for Party leader, if they got through and they made it to the final, then it’s party members who vote... so they’d certainly be the darlings of the Tory party members without a shred of doubt. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Tory MP’s vote in the rounds for Party leader, if they got through and they made it to the final, then it’s party members who vote... so they’d certainly be the darlings of the Tory party members without a shred of doubt. 

Yes the leadership process is well known.      I can't see Johnson getting in personally.     MPs would be very wary of him being leader into an election.    Maybe safer for their re-election to steer clear.     Depends on the other candidates of course.     Gove, Javid and Hunt are all certainties to be considerations.    Leadsom,  Raab,  Barclay,  Hancock,  Truss on the fringes.     There will probably be far more Brexiteer candidates which wont help Johnson.

None of the Tory contenders are fit for high office.

It's hard to pick which one of them is worst.

They all have a long history of failure, incompetence and general evildoing.

Edited by Cade

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Lets be honest, no matter if you want to stay or go, would you trust any of these charlatans to run the country ever again. Self serving *******s all of them!

Quite.

I was talking voting in a general sense......excuse the pun !

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Great. Zero chance of success.

Cruyff Turn
45 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yes the leadership process is well known.      I can't see Johnson getting in personally.     MPs would be very wary of him being leader into an election.    Maybe safer for their re-election to steer clear.     Depends on the other candidates of course.     Gove, Javid and Hunt are all certainties to be considerations.    Leadsom,  Raab,  Barclay,  Hancock,  Truss on the fringes.     There will probably be far more Brexiteer candidates which wont help Johnson.

That of course is Boris and the Toffs biggest problem.... getting a majority of Remainer Tory MP’s to vote them into the next rounds. 

Raabs another hardcore Brexiteer and a callous git to boot, he’ll have a chance as he’s not Boris.

Gove, Javid and Hunt are certainly going to command the centre ground. 

As you say, if more moderate Brexiteers run against Boris they would dilute the vote. 

gashauskis9
11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Maitlis ragdolling Moggy.   

She’s ****ing superb.  Glad she got that gig, Wark was losing her touch.

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That of course is Boris and the Toffs biggest problem.... getting a majority of Remainer Tory MP’s to vote them into the next rounds. 

Raabs another hardcore Brexiteer and a callous git to boot, he’ll have a chance as he’s not Boris.

Gove, Javid and Hunt are certainly going to command the centre ground. 

As you say, if more moderate Brexiteers run against Boris they would dilute the vote. 

Johnson's best chance would be a clear remain candidate of broad popularity.    Those two get through the parliamentary rounds as a distinct choice between the opposite wings of the party.   Membership prefer a lunatic Brexiteer over a vanilla moderate candidate.      I don't see any apart from Lidington.   Hammond isn't interested.

5 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

She’s ****ing superb.  Glad she got that gig, Wark was losing her touch.

Wark is a disgrace.    She's been caught out trying to influence the responses out of guests on the programme.     Total Tory apologist as well.

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Victorian said:

Erm... no deal agreed in time + Irish border backstop.    What Brexit have you been watching?

Thanks. I had missed or forgotten (as I suspect many have) in all the current drama that even if May's deal is passed it effectively just postpones the next cliff edge no deal exit for 18 months or so. In fact if any of the 8 alternatives had been approved by the Commons that would also be the case, even if the EU agree to a long delay in Article 50's application. Given the current mess there is little reason to believe the Commons will agree any form of the final agreement on the future relationship with the EU. If I were a leave voter I might suspect the process is designed to ensure we never leave.

Edited by Francis Albert

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If I were a leave voter I might suspect the process is designed to ensure we never leave.

I've seen a few Leavers express that opinion and I can see why they might think that way. We'll be leaving though, of that I have no doubt. All that is left is to see how closely we will be aligned to our new ally and trading partner.

Edited by redjambo

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, Victorian said:

Nick Watt's cabinet mole painted a picture of absolute carnage in cabinet.    Total meltdown.    

And yet she's still hanging on in there and more significantly Corbyn still can't touch her. Staggering.

6 hours ago, Victorian said:

Maitlis ragdolling Moggy.   

There's a tangible dishonesty about that absolute charlatan.

He's like Johnson but with a bit more intelligence. 

13 hours ago, Victorian said:

Bum face is an argument winner.    I am defeated.

Always been my trump card

Attorney General stating openly that it's May's Deal or No Deal.

She's manged to run the clock down far enough to reach this point.

Cruyff Turn
7 minutes ago, Cade said:

Attorney General stating openly that it's May's Deal or No Deal.

She's manged to run the clock down far enough to reach this point.

:what:they are actually going to do it? 

No way. Parliament has the IV thing next week.    They wont be accepting no deal.    If they're trying to portray it like that then it's an utterly false picture.     She needs locked up.

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Cade said:

Well, Labour, Plaid and DUP have all said they're voting against.

So No Deal it is.

UK is finished.

:laugh:

Sky News present Boulton I think? Just caught saying he thinks "This thing about the right wing is bollocks" just as they cut tona break before closing his mic. He had just been talking about the inevitability that the next Tory leader will be Right Wing.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )