I Want to go to Hampden -Why Should I

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

I really want to go to Hampden to see the famous Heart of Midlothian

in the semi next week , but why should i make the effort when the

players don't and Romanov dosen't either .

Anybody else feel the same as i think we will be lucky to take 5,000 fans

No I'm flying up from England for the game. I'm old enough to remember that Cup Semi-Finals don't come along every season when your a Hearts supporter. I'm not particularly optimistic but want to be there to support my team and hopefully enjoy the party if we win.

I understand your point about the team not trying but I want to be there with the others who go through cos that's what being a Janbo's all about.

I wasn't optimistic when we played Celtic in the last round and wasn't optimistic when we won the cup in '98.

Go if you want to, don't go if you don't.

I'm going to enjoy a day out, have a few bevvies and hope for the best. It's all you can do.

The big travelling support was let down severely again last night.I'm heading up to Aberdeen on Saturday just and I'm thinking twice about going next Wednesday as the frustration and anger watching Hearts recently could be transformed into more positive energy ie More time in the gym punching the punch bag with a photo of Romanov on it!!

I'll probably end up going through next Wednesday and I've ordered my ticket and bus seat for Parkhead later in February.If this circus keeps up though then I'm seriously considering boycotting the matches as my veins are about to explode and my ears are burnt red raw with all the steam coming from them!!:mad::(:confused:

Prince Buaben

Because its your team!!

as already said go or dont

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Because its your team!!

as already said go or dont

I can't take much more of this Romanov State Circus

and it's boring

Like another poster I'm also travelling up from England, re-arranging commitments to be there - but if you don;t feel committed then you definitely shoud not make the effort.

The players do try, and like everyone else i don't know about Vlad's efforts because he does not publisice.

It will help if we can all get behind our team and give 100% effort.

Prince Buaben
I can't take much more of this Romanov State Circus

and it's boring

So why post a thread saying i want to go but why should i???

If its boring then what makes you want to go??

boabyarsebiscuit

I'm going. I am flying up and taking time off work (I don't get paid for time off). I don't want a medal or anything. But I'm a Hearts supporter and I'm going to Hampden to support my team.

boabyarsebiscuit

PS - anyone who gloried in the fact the Hobos got a pish poor crowd for the midweek SC semi against Dunfy last year and ain't going should have a good look at themselves.

Thig Ar Latha

I'm coming down for the match and staying overnight at Haymarket. Don't get to many games nowadays, but I'm not missing this one.

Don't forget, Gers are no great shakes just now either! :)

PS - anyone who gloried in the fact the Hobos got a pish poor crowd for the midweek SC semi against Dunfy last year and ain't going should have a good look at themselves.

I'LL SECOND THAT boaby

its rangers at hampden in a semi

far to many people bought into this wee team wee cup ****

its the league cup such a diddy cup that we have not won it in my lifetime and as someone pointed out to me earlier we have never beaten glasgow rangers in a semi or a final at hampden .imagine missing beating the huns for the first time at hampden

All this 'getting behind the team' crap

The fans last night came in their numbers and were all 'getting behind the team' look what happened !

I am not going to Aberdeen or Hampden, like a previous poster I get so annoyed watching the team its is damaging my health

The fans last night came in their numbers and were all 'getting behind the team' look what happened !

I am not going to Aberdeen or Hampden, like a previous poster I get so annoyed watching the team its is damaging my health

It wasn't the first and it won't be the last time that Hearts have let down a huge travelling support, TBH it's been the norm for most of my lifetime.

I'm going. I am flying up and taking time off work (I don't get paid for time off). I don't want a medal or anything. But I'm a Hearts supporter and I'm going to Hampden to support my team.

Boaby, you, me and everyone else deserves a frickin' medal.

john brownlee

I'm going and I cant remember missing a semi final since ,well I cant remember. Cup semis are for the fans , we do take a few glory hunters but thats to be expected when we are doing well, but you usally find if we are not its the glory hunters that dont turn up. I go for the day/evening out and to enjoy myself whatever the result, thats what semis and finals are all about, a wins great, but they are usally against one of the squirm so most times you haven't a hells chance of winning, so go for the fun and atmosphere and to cheer the mighty JTs.

Its great that we have a support that goes whatever the results and I dont blame guys for not wanting to go because we are not winning as many games as some supporters think we should be winning. The winning of games is not the reason for me being a Jambo. If that was my reason for going to football matches I'm sure I could, like many that travel on buses heading out of Edinburgh and the Lothians along the M8.

I also think that some of the posters on here should not only get behind the team but the staff and the owner, look at the long term and the bigger picture, instead of snyd digs and remarks that dont do any good except show what small and petty minded you are.

At the moment theres a lot of "I told you so" and the gloating coming from the usual suspects. But given time when all the off the field and on the field projects start to come to frution and I believe it wont be to long that they will be scurring back to their little holes.

In the meantime I still believe and I'm still on the train and will always welcome those that have gotten of for a few stops, welcome aboard you Jambos.

Remember the last semi we were at, what a great time was had by all.

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

I'LL SECOND THAT boaby

its the league cup such a diddy cup that we have not won it in my lifetime and as someone pointed out to me earlier we have never beaten glasgow rangers in a semi or a final at hampden .imagine missing beating the huns for the first time at hampden

Agree, I would happily take a league cup final win. Remember in the 80s and 90s it was seen as a good cup to win. Remember the 96 final v Rangers? Think all this wee team wee cup stuff is a bit OTT. Granted Scottish Cup has more history but would still be more than happy to be at Hampden to see us win the League cup.

portobellojambo1

Not sure why anyone has to start a thread such as this.

If you want to go, you go, if you don't you don't, people shouldn't really need to ask other Hearts fans why they should go.

Will I be there, too fecking right and I will, have taken two days off work for this one.

we are going. On the thing fi tynie where you go for a curry at Mr Singhs and all that. FFS I hope the ruby is good :P

Seriously though it is all about personal choice but if we claim to be a big team we should turn out for ANY semi regardless. Thats what should set us apart from the rest

Vlad_Knows_Best
I'LL SECOND THAT boaby

Imagine being able to say that I was there. No one really gave us a hope against Sceptic at Darkheid in the quarters and we won. I can say I was there and I will be able to say I was there next wednesday.

But people have the right to go or not..........and I do not have the right to tell them they are wrong if they don't.

im going. iv not missed a semi in about 5 or 6 years since i properly started getting into supporting hearts and going to all the games, and i dont plan on missing this one. if you dont want to go for whatever reason then dont. im sure there will be others willing to take your place.

btw when does the bus actually leave tynecastle next wednesday???

fair play if its affecting your health :) , sometimes with your passions you need a wee break for your own sanity :):):),

but i have to take serious issue with the highlighted part off your post why come on here slagging off people for doing what i presume you have done most off your life supporting Heart of Midlothian if you need a break take one don't come on here demoralizingly the already demoralized troops if we all stoped going the club would go out off business on the 1st off next month

i'm not having a dig mate hope your wee break restores your temper

Good. "Fans" who do nothing but scream and shout negative comments for 90mins solid should get a grip, IMO of course.

Just for the record, I was also at Motherwell, just as ****ed off as the next guy. But Im still going to Aberdeen & Hampden.

Why? Because Ive been through a lot worse than this. I assume most of the serial complainers that seem to have infiltrated this board lately werent around in the late 70s, early 80s. Now those days were worth complaining about.

2004 we were SO close to being non-existant. So for me, things could be worse. And so therefore, like back then, I will follow my team no matter what. Anyone can be a fan, but thats what being a supporter is all about.

Lombardia Jambo
No I'm flying up from England for the game. I'm old enough to remember that Cup Semi-Finals don't come along every season when your a Hearts supporter. I'm not particularly optimistic but want to be there to support my team and hopefully enjoy the party if we win.

I understand your point about the team not trying but I want to be there with the others who go through cos that's what being a Janbo's all about.

I wasn't optimistic when we played Celtic in the last round and wasn't optimistic when we won the cup in '98.

Well said ! I am flying up from Northern Italy as well.......

I for one am pretty p issed off that this is the sfa's idea of a neutral venue, at least the other semi IS being played out of the two teams respective cities. So why isn't our match treated the same way, rather than Rangers second home, it's just about a home game for them. I imagine the GFA don't want to upset the rangers team or fans by asking them to travel on a week night and causing them to have a late night, jeez, can't have that, they might sleep in for signing on the next day. Where is the fairness to hearts as a team and our fans, Outragous

badly drawn boy

Daft thing to say -You really want to go , ok then

Victor Meldrew

If my wife wasn't due to have a baby imminently (i.e. today!) I would be there.

Even though it would involve flying up to Glasgow and probably a overnight stay.

Why?

Because it's Hearts in a semi-final.

We don't get too many.

So what if the team played badly on Tuesday? As I've said before, I have a sneaking suspicion we could win this, as the team seem to have managed to motivate themselves for the bigger games this season.

I don't agree with the 'Diddy Cup' thing - a Cup is a Cup and would be a magnificent achievement for us.

IF we were to win this, we'd have won 2 trophies in 3 years - something I don't think we've done since the early 60's!!!

correct.

If any thing it will be a nice wee bevvy sesh.

Whether you go or not is totally up to you, but why do you feel the need to post this on JKB?! As you have posted, though, I would like to answer your question:

"..because you are presumably a Hearts fan before you are a VR/player hater/supporter"

If enough "fans" were as fair weather as you seem to be, then Hearts will (continue) to regress on the park and the reported plans to develop the club will become meaningless.

If you feel (as you seem to) that you are making some sort of statement or one-man protest, then feel free - it is your right.....just don't be one of the many who will no doubt bemoan what may well be a poor support at the semi and claim that is a result of something greater than just an evening game in Weeg in the middle of winter, in the Diddy Cup, in the middle of an expensive run of away games for true fans.

marshallschunkychicken

I'm going.

Taking two days off, and plan to have a good few bevvies and enjoy the occasion.

That's what being a Hearts supporter is all about.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

We have sold less then 6,000 tickets as yet , hardly inspiring at this stage

We have been crap all season

It is live on council tv

Taking a half day of work and loss of earnings to go to Glesgay

Not getting home untill the early hours after a long drive

or

It's our only chance of silver this year

cheering on the Hearts into a league cup final which we haven't won since

dilema , 60% going , 40% not

I will probably go and then swear to myself all the way home

I've not missed a semi since 1976

The way our season has gone so far, I fancy us to win TBH.

It would just be typical of us to come out with silverware at the end of the season.

If we did I don't know if I would be able stop laughing.:wink:

Go if you want to, don't go if you don't.

I'm going to enjoy a day out, have a few bevvies and hope for the best. It's all you can do.

HEAR HEAR

We will be there!! We support them win or lose - although sometimes it does get to us!!

Cobblers - hope to see you - long time since we last spoke!!

Good. "Fans" who do nothing but scream and shout negative comments for 90mins solid should get a grip, IMO of course.

Just for the record, I was also at Motherwell, just as ****ed off as the next guy. But Im still going to Aberdeen & Hampden.

Why? Because Ive been through a lot worse than this. I assume most of the serial complainers that seem to have infiltrated this board lately werent around in the late 70s, early 80s. Now those days were worth complaining about.

2004 we were SO close to being non-existant. So for me, things could be worse. And so therefore, like back then, I will follow my team no matter what. Anyone can be a fan, but thats what being a supporter is all about.

spot on mate..every word

We have sold less then 6,000 tickets as yet , hardly inspiring at this stage

We have been crap all season

It is live on council tv

Taking a half day of work and loss of earnings to go to Glesgay

Not getting home untill the early hours after a long drive

or

It's our only chance of silver this year

cheering on the Hearts into a league cup final which we haven't won since

dilema , 60% going , 40% not

I will probably go and then swear to myself all the way home

I've not missed a semi since 1976

If only the wife was more like you!!:P

Could not have said it better ....thanks :):)

I will be buying my ticket on Monday because i would be gutted to miss a great hearts victory in Glasgow , if we dont win then it will be no different to how i'm feeling about my team at this precise moment.

tommythejambo

15,000 tickets had been sold yesterday at around 3pm.

I'm going to support the JT's, regardless of how Tam Kite they get I'll always try to do that.

15,000 tickets had been sold yesterday at around 3pm.

I'm going to support the JT's, regardless of how Tam Kite they get I'll always try to do that.

15000 , is that the combined teams total?

Why are you asking us? You're a big boy now, time to make your own mind up. We're not here to convince you. If that's your attitude then I wouldn't want you to go any way. Enjoy Kitchen Nightmares USA.

Archived